THE BROWNS BOARD

♥︎ 2022 season is over. Guardians 92-70 and AL Central Champions. Won 5 playoff games. We thank you.

mjp28

4 hours ago, FairHooker11 said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/josh-naylor-shows-guts-and-heart-to-lead-guardians-past-yankees-in-alds-game-2/ar-AA12YMN7

Naylor - scores the first run and I think doubled in the 4th run? Hopefully he can keep himself in the lineup.

I wasn't sure if he could stay in the game....but he sure did !  

....... In the fourth inning, Naylor legged out an infield single, hobbling past the bag at first and taking a few moments to gather himself.

Owen Miller’s two-out walk moved Naylor into scoring position, and he dove across home plate with Cleveland’s first run on a line drive single to right by Andrés Giménez.

Naylor said his only thought on the play was to score and be as fast around the bases as he could be to get Gimenez an RBI and get a run on the scoreboard for his team.......continued in link.......

~  Saturday evening  ~

The ALDS GAME 3 -  NYY in CLE  at 7:37 pm.  With the s:tarting pitchers  Louis Severino versus  Tristin McKenzie. 

And from Cleveland,  Ohio  here they are The Yankees  @  The Guardians :

Screenshot_2022-10-14_235723.jpg

~  Saturday evening  ~

The ALDS GAME 3 -  NYY in CLE  at 7:37 pm.  With the s:tarting pitchers  Louis Severino versus  Tristin McKenzie. 

....  NYY 5   CLE 3   middle 8.   Guardians coming up, maybe 6 outs left.  Very BIG game tonight.      :(  

....  Still  NYY  5   CLE  3 in the top of the 9th .  This is it,  2+ runs time. 

.........✔️..✔️...CLEVELAND  6  NYY 5  it's  FINAL !  OMG !  BASES LOADED, 2 OUTS, 2 STRIKES......AND YES !  The GUARDIANS win it.   :lol:  

So....OMG AGAIN.... See you all again  Sunday  at.    7:07 pm      for a close out  Game  3.  And have a fabulous good night everyone.    :D

..... I'm on BALLY TV watching the coverage from the CLEVELAND locker room.  Screw you Turner.  I'm loving  this now.   WHOA !  

●~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎  Tonight's  ★ MAGIC ★ Numbers  ▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~●    

Screenshot_2022-10-15_235647.jpg

Edited by mjp28
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, FairHooker11 said:

left the game in the 7th   5-3 bad guys...

came back to find out they score 3 in the bottom 9th - just wow! 

That reminds me of a BROWNS game a long, long time ago in a Galaxy far, far away...   The 1986 double overtime game against the Jets.  I told the wife, hell, we payed our money, we're staying until the end.  It was looking bleak for Cleveland, and then a miracle happened.  Well do I remember folks running back into the stadium when they heard what was happening. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, hoorta said:

That reminds me of a BROWNS game a long, long time ago in a Galaxy far, far away...   The 1986 double overtime game against the Jets.  I told the wife, hell, we payed our money, we're staying until the end.  It was looking bleak for Cleveland, and then a miracle happened.  Well do I remember folks running back into the stadium when they heard what was happening. 

(I took the day off from work to watch that game ... nail biter and typical gut wrenching game -thought for sure the Jets were gonna win)

had the reverse of that happen 1980 Browns Vikings at Met Stadium

Browns had the game in the bag, my friend and I leave with 2 minutes left ( + its freaking cold )

Im happy as hell - were in the parking lot with the radio on listening to the call of Ahmad Rashads game winning TD catch with no time left ...

my friend was ecstatic, Im pissed

Browns had to clinch playoff spot  (maybe division title?) following  week in Cincinnatti. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:
~  Saturday evening  ~

The ALDS GAME 3 -  NYY in CLE  at 7:37 pm.  With the s:tarting pitchers  Louis Severino versus  Tristin McKenzie. 

....  NYY 5   CLE 3   middle 8.   Guardians coming up, maybe 6 outs left.  Very BIG game tonight.      :(  

....  Still  NYY  5   CLE  3 in the top of the 9th .  This is it,  2+ runs time. 

.........✔️..✔️...CLEVELAND  6  NYY 5  it's  FINAL !  OMG !  BASES LOADED, 2 OUTS, 2 STRIKES......AND YES !  The GUARDIANS win it.   :lol:  

So....OMG AGAIN.... See you all again  Sunday  at.    7:07 pm      for a close out  Game  3.  And have a fabulous good night everyone.    :D

..... I'm on BALLY TV watching the coverage from the CLEVELAND locker room.  Screw you Turner.  I'm loving  this now.   WHOA !  

●~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎  Tonight's  ★ MAGIC ★ Numbers  ▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~●    

You have GOT to be kidding me...  Not only were we down to our last batter, we were literally down to our last strike.  I had less than zero hope, we're Cleveland, it's what we do- strike out or hit a soft infield shot to end the game. But somehow, the Guardian youngsters pulled it off.   

There's going to be a lot of hand wringing in the Times and Post sports pages this morning asking "How in the hell could we possibly blow that one?"  For those who didn't see it... Some trivia... The Yankees were essentially unbeatable going into the 9th with at least a two run lead. They were 167-0, make that 167-1.  :)  :) :)  

I certainly hope some of that karma rubs off on the Browns today.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, mjp28 said:

~ Sunday night,  make it happen  7:07 pm,  close out Game ! ~  

:oScreenshot_2022-10-15_234439.jpg end 

.......  NYY 3   CLE 2   bottom  4.  What a game so far !  Naylor HR was awesome  !    GO GUARDIANS  i.

.......  What a game !  I'm still hyped up since the pregame.   It's so exciting. 

.....XX.....   Well  NYY  4-2 final tonight.   But it's 2-2 in the Series Games.  Winner take all in NY City  MONDAY NIGHT OCTOBER 17 !   :o 

SO,  see you Monday Night     at 7:07 pm     in the deciding  -GAME  5-  of the ALDS  winner goes to the  ALCS .  

~AND ~  Have a good night everyone.  See you  for  MONDAY NIGHT BASEBALL on TBS.   GO GUARDIANS  !    :D

Time to get ready for   ~ MONDAY NIGHT BASEBALL ~  at  7:07  pm.    Starting pitchers  Civale. versus  Taillion  

Here are the big numbers,    GO GUARDIANS  !

See you tomorrow night.   :)

Screenshot_2022-10-16_224727.jpg

• Upvote 1

• mjp28 changed the title to ★ 2022 PLAYOFFS ★ Monday Night Baseball - Game 5 - Winner to the ALCS !

Getting ready for    ~GAME 5~  tonight.   Hard to believe the winner goes to the AMERICAN LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP Game.  What an incredible thing for this Guardians to have a shot at this season. 

■  WEATHER PERMITTING. ■    To be determined by 7:30 pm tonight.  If not playable it will get moved to Tuesday. 

53 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Game 5 postponed, to be played tomorrow at 4:07pm. 

Great !  I have a 2:45 pm doctor appointment should be home by 4 to 4:15.  GO GUARDIANS  !

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Game 5 postponed, to be played tomorrow at 4:07pm. 

Yeah, I was following the radar, and as I post this- it's now 10:45, and the rain has finally cleared the NY area. Too late to start the game.   

Weather forecast for tomorrow, low 50s and sunny.   

53 minutes ago, FairHooker11 said:

i think that the afternoon start gives us a distinct advantage,

an intangible based on the teams daytime record this postseason. 

and it kind of deflates the yankees surge from Sunday night...

And I think another day for this young team.... well now plus good season together .... might help them to get ready for the Game 5 plans under Tito and his staff.

Meanwhile the Yank$ get to stew on how did they let that young Guardians team take them to 5.     Advantage : Cleveland.   

I don't think that they are young anymore.     :)

One game for a trip to Houston   WEDNESDAY  OCTOBER  19,  2022    at  7:37 pm    and the AMERICAN LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP Game.

And the loser goes home.  Wow.

Here are the numbers today :

Screenshot_2022-10-18_122200.jpg

15 hours ago, mjp28 said:

And I think another day for this young team.... well now plus good season together .... might help them to get ready for the Game 5 plans under Tito and his staff.

Meanwhile the Yank$ get to stew on how did they let that young Guardians team take them to 5.     Advantage : Cleveland.   

I don't think that they are young anymore.     :)

Yeah I noted form mlb.com Cortes is now going to start on short rest.  All hands on deck, Beiber is in the same position. Stay tuned, weather isn't going to be a factor this afternoon.  

Well I'm back,  listened to the  1st inning on radio, innings  2-7 in the kitchen,  8 and on in the family room. 

I think we all have had a bad  feeling in that 1st inning....might have been enough runs to win this thing.

....  NYY. 5. CLE  1  bottom  8.   Say no more, it was a brilliant season by this overarching Guardians team.   Well done !  

....  Clase in to pitch in the 8th and maybe the 9th.  

..... ✔️✔️.......   NYY  5   CLE  1   final.   It's been a fine season  winning the AL Central,  the Wild Card round   -and-   took the mighty yankee$  to Game 5.   A season to remember,   thanks to you loyal Cleveland Guardians  fans everywhere. 

So we won't be seeing you anymore here until the March Spring Training Games in March 2023.  And the 2023 regular season games in  APRIL  2023 .   THE SCHEDULES  ARE OUT AND AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOADING RIGHT NOW.   

AND YOU BETTER BELIEVE THAT I WILL HAVE THEM OUT AND PUT THEM   RIGHT HERE   ON YOUR TRIBE FORUM !

SO  ❤️  have a great evening everyone  and our 2023 Cleveland GUARDIANS  Season Games are finally over.    :D.  

9 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Isn't looking good, down to their last three outs, down by four runs.

Well, it was a fantastic run! Thanks for a great season, boys. 

This is going to be one hell of a team in 2023 !  Nobody will overlook them next year,  and one year older......but still a fine young team.    :)

• Like 1

Looking ahead, this is an incredibly young team who has just about everyone coming back in 2023. 

I'd like to see first base filled with an actual firstbaseman, an upgrade at catcher and possibly a veteran starter added to Bieber, McKenzie and Quantrill. 

Long-time White Sox firstbaseman Jose Abreu is a free agent. He might be the perfect short-term hitter this team could use in the cleanup position. I'd like to see him batting behind JRam. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Axe said:

Jeez, the Yankees and Astros.. Don't know which I hate worse.

EXACTLY !  The Yank$  vs  the Cheaters.   I might watch a few innings here or there....or maybe none at all.    

I might go big on the National League teams.    :lol: