THE BROWNS BOARD

Of life, refs, and reality

42 minutes ago, nickers said:

If Jimmy The Greek was still alive I'm sure he would have some stories to tell...

Jimmy the Greek he was a real character from Steubenville,  Ohio. 

Too bad he got run out of the business by saying off the air what a lot of people thought about at that time.   That really hurt him badly by someone who taped him and then it got out.  I kind of felt sorry for him after that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/26/2022 at 7:35 AM, Bob806 said:

I've always suspected that Tagliabue was real real pissed the city of Cleveland sued & won an "expansion" franchise. 

We got that, kept the history & colors. In return, well besides the Browns mismanaging rosters/coaching/GM & ownership woes, the NFL makes sure the product on the field gets the short end on officiating. 

You'd think the Browns could have dug out of the doldrums by now. Maybe, just maybe the league doesn't want them to.

I absolutely believe that the NFL was elated to have no football in Cleveland. I don't get it, but at least for me, there is an anti Cleveland vibe in a lot of what the NFL does.

• Upvote 1

On 10/27/2022 at 9:21 PM, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

I absolutely believe that the NFL was elated to have no football in Cleveland. I don't get it, but at least for me, there is an anti Cleveland vibe in a lot of what the NFL does.

Agree. It's really odd considering NE Ohio was the start of football. 

I suspect it's the whole ownership thing. Modell poisoned the league about Cle, & Lerner/Haslam probably didn't/don't fit in.