THE BROWNS BOARD

Pre-Season Football Starts December 4th against Houston

Flugel

While pro football is being rendered meaningless in Cleveland once again by the Owner and FO, our first pre-season game for 2023 begins on December 4th, 2022.  Interestingly enough, both teams would be in the battle for the 1st overall pick but Houston owns our 1st pick.  In any event, we'll get our 1st look at Deshaun Watson for the final 6 weeks of meaningless football.

I guess I'm looking forward to preseason football in December.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

While pro football is being rendered meaningless in Cleveland once again by the Owner and FO, our first pre-season game for 2023 begins on December 4th, 2022.  Interestingly enough, both teams would be in the battle for the 1st overall pick but Houston owns our 1st pick.  In any event, we'll get our 1st look at Deshaun Watson for the final 6 weeks of meaningless football.

Tom, you just  Gave a textbook description description of the pathology that I share with you. We are disgusted on many levels yes but yet we still find we still find interest to watch the games and support our team. I truly believe that the Brown's organization is he equivalent to the Marquis de Sade, and we are it's perverted and willing volunteers.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

Four games left until the return of the Massage Messiah. I'm not hopeful that we can win even one of the four.  :( 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

Four games left until the return of the Massage Messiah. I'm not hopeful that we can win even one of the four.  :( 

The buccs are pretty terrible for some reason so im hoping on that one.  Honestly i predicted 4-7 when watson came back and realistically if we didn't bust coverages for 60+ yard tds in the 4th quarter when we've just went up 2 scores we would already be at 4 wins. I also think that's what hurts the most this season.  Very easily the browns could be 6-1 and absolutely shouldn't be worse than 4-3 but here we are

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

I will take all 6 games probably to "shake off the rust"

5 hours ago, Flugel said:

You nailed it Flugel!  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Not sure where to put this, but apparently players are being put on the proverbial trade block... Names rumored are Greedy Williams and Kareem Hunt. 

Might as well get some draft picks. 

i didn't hear williams but i did Hunt bet they showcase him  on mnf

8 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Not sure where to put this, but apparently players are being put on the proverbial trade block... Names rumored are Greedy Williams and Kareem Hunt. 

We have to stock up for the next regime that takes over next season...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

This a good spot to do that.  Thanks Dutch! 

Can we trade our owner for Robert Kraft?  His last 2 Head Coaches (and maybe only 2 Head Coaches) are Bill Parcells and Bill Belichick.  In other words,  if any one of the 3 Coordinators in charge of their phase of the game wasn't/isn't doing their job - they got/will get their fanny lit right on the spot (quite often in front of the players or along the sideline on game day). It starts at the top - not at the Coordinators.  In NE, young guys that prove their work ethics get promoted into Coordinator positions that they cherish there.  The saying for players and coaching staff there is this simple "DO YOUR JOB!"  

When an owner actually has a clue as to what he needs and identifies what he is looking for; then he needs to have an organized hiring criteria.  If not, he's always going to be the AFC version of the Detroit Lions with a backup QB like George Plimpton (The Paper Lion) or poor JaQB Sneak Brissett... Firing Head Coaches and Coordinators every 2-3 years removes foundations.  Then there's usually GM that has to be hired.  If so, it's usually a good idea to get him or her first so they are involved in the hiring of the next Head Coach.  Pittsburgh started up 70s dynasty on a philosophy before a very compatible Chuck Noll (former messenger Guard that played for Paul Brown in Cleveland).  The Rooneys DO like their Head Coaches that played for the Cleveland Browns (Noll and Cowher).  The sad thing thing is Jimmy was very small minority owner of the Steelers; and the guy didn't learn a freakin about how to run a GREAT football program with continuity instead of constant start overs.   

Rant over - sorry.

34 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'll be at the game, I'll give him our warmest good luck wishes 😁

I'm sure you already know that's Halloween; so if you have any outrageous photos you can share the next day or so - it would be a great way to get our minds off what unfolded on the field Monday Night if need be...

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Can we trade our owner for Robert Kraft?  His last 2 Head Coaches (and maybe only 2 Head Coaches) are Bill Parcells and Bill Belichick.  In other words,  if any one of the 3 Coordinators in charge of their phase of the game wasn't/isn't doing their job - they got/will get their fanny lit right on the spot (quite often in front of the players or along the sideline on game day). It starts at the top - not at the Coordinators.  In NE, young guys that prove their work ethics get promoted into Coordinator positions that they cherish there.  The saying for players and coaching staff there is this simple "DO YOUR JOB!"  

When an owner actually has a clue as to what he needs and identifies what he is looking for; then he needs to have an organized hiring criteria.  If not, he's always going to be the AFC version of the Detroit Lions with a backup QB like George Plimpton (The Paper Lion) or poor JaQB Sneak Brissett... Firing Head Coaches and Coordinators every 2-3 years removes foundations.  Then there's usually GM that has to be hired.  If so, it's usually a good idea to get him or her first so they are involved in the hiring of the next Head Coach.  Pittsburgh started up 70s dynasty on a philosophy before a very compatible Chuck Noll (former messenger Guard that played for Paul Brown in Cleveland).  The Rooneys DO like their Head Coaches that played for the Cleveland Browns (Noll and Cowher).  The sad thing thing is Jimmy was very small minority owner of the Steelers; and the guy didn't learn a freakin about how to run a GREAT football program with continuity instead of constant start overs.   

Rant over - sorry.

Please tell us what foundation Kevvy is building?... I'll wait...

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

Rant over - sorry.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Flugel said:

I was talking about the owner so you're damn right you're gonna wait...

Haslam isnt building much of one either...

Just now, nickers said:

Haslam isnt building much of one either...

Everything starts at the top.  I explained that in the post you replied to.  The problem is bigger than the current symptom giving you a headache.  It's the owner that doesn't know what he's doing.  For example, he hired Stefanski 2 weeks before he hired the GM.  That arranged work marriage doesn't set up like if there's a divorce - it becomes when there's a divorce.  In other words?  Even with this team making the playoffs at the end of their 1st season together, the same GM that said he didn't draft Baker also can say he wasn't a part of hiring Stefanski.  When Berry doesn't want the Head Coach and Coordinators cutting his draft picks guess what starts colliding?   Philosophies that should have been part of the interview.  One problem.  The owner hired the Head Coach before he hired the GM.  Are you understanding Haslam doesn't know what he is doing yet?  If not you're always going to blaming the symptoms instead of the cancer killing this team.  

16 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Everything starts at the top.  I explained that in the post you replied to.  The problem is bigger than the current symptom giving you a headache.  It's the owner that doesn't know what he's doing.  For example, he hired Stefanski 2 weeks before he hired the GM.  That arranged work marriage doesn't set up like if there's a divorce - it becomes when there's a divorce.  In other words?  Even with this team making the playoffs at the end of their 1st season together, the same GM that said he didn't draft Baker also can say he wasn't a part of hiring Stefanski.  When Berry doesn't want the Head Coach and Coordinators cutting his draft picks guess what starts colliding?   Philosophies that should have been part of the interview.  One problem.  The owner hired the Head Coach before he hired the GM.  Are you understanding Haslam doesn't know what he is doing yet?  If not you're always going to blaming the symptoms instead of the cancer killing this team.  

Yes Tom, I've been saying this since he purchased the team... I didn't like him... Or any of his hires since then...

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Wow!  I hope a lot people watch this video and see the replay of Johnson's "business decision" to refrain from trying to make a tackle that could have stopped a TD.  He's already checked out - so why is he still here?  Let me guess, the FO brought him here so they're pulling rank on the Coaching staff that wants him gone.  

13 hours ago, Flugel said:

I'm sure you already know that's Halloween; so if you have any outrageous photos you can share the next day or so - it would be a great way to get our minds off what unfolded on the field Monday Night if need be...

I’m sure there will be a lot of Bengal fans dressed up like hillbillies! 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

I’m sure there will be a lot of Bengal fans dressed up like hillbillies! 

They all have that "Far away" look in their eyes too lol

• Haha 1

...Johnson was pretty stout against the run in the above footage.  If you let yourself get flat-footed then the runner's got hope.  He should've attacked.

The team is pissed off with all the losing.  

But, yup pre-season starts in early December.  - I thought we were done with looking towards the draft in October.....but apparently we're there again....except this time we don't have a pick.

So now we lost Phillips for the season...that's our #1 & #2 MLB's.  Fortunately Berry traded for one.  But Njoku is now hurt and out.  He was one of our weak passing attack's best weapons.  Ugh.  -  I think Monday night I'll sit outside, eat and hand out candy to the Trick-or-Treaters.

34 minutes ago, syd said:

a fractured locker room they say  wasn't that part of the reason we let mayfield go because of that whole obj mess   and supposedly it's still going on now

This team continues to lack strong leadership, and despite some of the biggest fuckups to cause losses, nothing ever changes. 

A strong statement needs to be made from the top. A message needs to be sent to the whole organization that this nonsense will not be tolerated.