THE BROWNS BOARD

DEPO! Headset and mic during games? Absofuckinglutely

1 hour ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

Stuff like this infuriates me... Hearing stuff like this gives the entire league a black eye... Not just the Browns... And if that isn't bad enough to once again be linked to something controversial as it was with Deshaun Watson. It just leaves one to ask themselves (season ticket holders) especially.. "Can I Trust The Cleveland Browns" on any level...

To this date... I would emphatically say "Absolutely Not"  While there have been a couple of tantalizing teasers along the way. This team treated us to... 1-15 , 0-16 cetera , Etcetera..... And so on...

Then I would say everything the Haslams have done sine acquiring the team has been and continues to be a total sham...

And who gets pooched in the end?... You and me... it's ardent fans...

If there's a Football God somewhere... Stop the sad joke already...

Signed...

The Fans of Cleveland , Ohio.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, nickers said:

Stuff like this infuriates me... Hearing stuff like this gives the entire league a black eye... Not just the Browns... And if that isn't bad enough to once again be linked to something controversial as it was with Deshaun Watson. It just leaves one to ask themselves (season ticket holders) especially.. "Can I Trust The Cleveland Browns" on any level...

To this date... I would emphatically say "Absolutely Not"  While there have been a couple of tantalizing teasers along the way. This team treated us to... 1-15 , 0-16 cetera , Etcetera..... And so on...

Then I would say everything the Haslams have done sine acquiring the team has been and continues to be a total sham...

And who gets pooched in the end?... You and me... it's ardent fans...

If there's a Football God somewhere... Stop the sad joke already...

Signed...

The Fans of Cleveland , Ohio.

I've been seriously considering dropping my season tickets, which sucks of course. It's been a big part of my life since 1979, riding the 79 RTA bus down Fulton to Public Square while in high school. Lots of great memories and frustration. 

Stuff like this adds to it, as well as the seemingly endless strange calls that go against the Browns, & the NFL's treatment of Myles Garrett ( I firmly believe he's still being punished for the Rudolph incident). 

I've got no problem with the head coach meeting with his superiors from time to time, that makes some sense. But WTF, it seems the chain of command should be the coach & GM basically run the show football-wise. If this crap is true, well I'm out.

Look at the Cowboys- since Jerry Jones fired Jimmy Johnson and thought he was a GM, they really haven't done a damn thing. Why would Haslam mirror this? Is he that stupid (rhetorical question)? I thought at one time Haslam asked Parcells for a consult...Parcells would never endorse this style of management. 

Good fuckin' grief Charlie Brown. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4

31 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

I've been seriously considering dropping my season tickets, which sucks of course. It's been a big part of my life since 1979, riding the 79 RTA bus down Fulton to Public Square while in high school. Lots of great memories and frustration. 

Stuff like this adds to it, as well as the seemingly endless strange calls that go against the Browns, & the NFL's treatment of Myles Garrett ( I firmly believe he's still being punished for the Rudolph incident). 

I've got no problem with the head coach meeting with his superiors from time to time, that makes some sense. But WTF, it seems the chain of command should be the coach & GM basically run the show football-wise. If this crap is true, well I'm out.

Look at the Cowboys- since Jerry Jones fired Jimmy Johnson and thought he was a GM, they really haven't done a damn thing. Why would Haslam mirror this? Is he that stupid (rhetorical question)? I thought at one time Haslam asked Parcells for a consult...Parcells would never endorse this style of management. 

Good fuckin' grief Charlie Brown. 

Wash , Rinse and Repeat lives in Cleveland , Oh.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bob806 said:

I've got no problem with the head coach meeting with his superiors from time to time, that makes some sense. But WTF, it seems the chain of command should be the coach & GM basically run the show football-wise.

Every city's football team has ownership.  Some owners consider themselves qualified football experts.  We're stuck with The Marketing Man, Mr. Make Everything New And Improved, Mr. Keep The Rebate Monies, Trigger Finger Haslem.  That's our cross to bear.  -  I used to like Randy Lerner.  He preferred to be, just a fan...behind the scene.  He spent whatever money was needed on the team, money was not an issue.  But the team sucked.  And he didn't inherit, nor did he hire the right people, so the team continued to suck.  Ultimately, the community (media & fans) pretty much shamed him into selling the team.  And I was like, No.....be careful what you ask for....it's the devil that you don't know....Randy just writes checks....he wants his football people to run the team....What's so wrong with the owner?   Well, this is our new owner.  Crooked Jimmuh, The Wife, and The Son-In-Law.   -  Deal with it !  (I say politely)  

• Upvote 1

oh, my. This is way worse than some folks have wondered - interference with football matters by egomaniac owner/fo wonks.

More dismal than just a losing season, AGAIN.

A major browns clusterfook ...again.

it will never end, I guess, til the dirty haslams sell the team, and the new owners fire

depo.

Just not fair to the fans.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

oh, my. This is way worse than some folks have wondered - interference with football matters by egomaniac owner/fo wonks.

More dismal than just a losing season, AGAIN.

A major browns clusterfook ...again.

it will never end, I guess, til the dirty haslams sell the team, and the new owners fire

depo.

Just not fair to the fans.

Hey Cal it's nice to see you again. 4 years ago a colleague of mine invented a technology that takes a Crop waste And turns it into a medium immediately that remove's variety of a variety of contaminants from water water, reduces reduces carbon in the environment at a rate of one pound fowned for every 2 pounds of the product used , and in the process Gets rid of millions of millions of tons of bio waste.

He brought it to me me and I added to to his patents  Some of my own To turn this into a process ready product.

Because I am a science guy I appointed  a CEO who had expertise in setting up structured companies and also raising funds.

He brought us several millions of investment from folks that can buy and sell Haslam 100 times over. No BS.

Within 2 years these morons fired the inventor in favor of input from 2 professors from another university. BOTH who were students of my partner, and C level at that.

It seems that the investors, completely devoid of an science education or water industry experience felt that they knew better.

I was asked to digest my 35 years of education and experience in water purification, waste minimization and industrial process into an 8.5 X 11 flow chart that would enable one of the investors sons, a general sales manager for a shoe company to assume the national sales managers' role and call on the chemical, aerospace, pharmaceutical, power, paper, oil/gas, environmental, food, beverage and automotive industries.

Imagine that; My life's work, my designs at home at St. Jude Children's Hospital, Glaxo-Smith-Kline and even NASA, and I am going to provide a cut sheet to allow a shoe salesman to call on the world's most astute chemical and process engineers.

As fucked up as this sounds, these people believe they are qualified for this.

All it takes to do this in industry is one dickhead who knows little to convince a money man who knows nothing that this stupidity is the path to success.

I have been somewhat of a serial entrepreneur and have seen this fucled up shit more times than I care to remember.

The Browns show all the same telltale signs.

Depo chose Stefanski because he was not a hot prospect, and could be manipulated into accepting this analytics bulshit.

Stefanski, like Holmgren, Savage, and others saw the Browns as a safe, financially fat opportunity/stepping stone/resting place. When he leaves, prospective employers will accept that his hands were tied in Cleveland.

Guys like Sean Peyton and Gruden would never come here.

Haslam has no life values of his own. He is a simpleton and is lead by idiots who convince him that they know how to run the Browns.

It is sad, what the Browns franchise has become.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

It is indeed sad. I hated it at the time, when Kyle Shanahan had some kind of power point presentation on his way out the door highlighting the chaos of the organization's structure. Well, looks like he was right. 

Shanahan, like Stefanski has flaws yet they both design good offenses. Too bad Shanahan didn't stick around, but if you're that fed up you have to go. Thanks Jimmy & Ray Farmer.

I've always been an optimist. I hate losing the faith. All these conspiracy theories out there ( in politics), hey sometimes I wonder if Haslam is a Steeler plant murdering football in CLE, with the intent of driving down attendance & moving to moron Goodell's Europe pipedream for a billion or so bucks. I hate thinking that...they've had a decent core & have drafted fairly well. Give us results!!!!

• Upvote 2

why bother.. 🤫

Depo sits in the same owners booth as Jimmy does during games.. he's not wired to anybody.. head to a game as a Spy 🕵️‍♂️ It ain't Depo..

Just like many teams... The only time Depo & Stef cross paths during the week? Is on Friday's, like when most coaches hate to do so.. They sit in on meeting with their anal-lynics dept..

Listen to the coaches weekly pressers... Stef is rumored wired to ? 

The analytics expert with direct communication to Kevin Stefanski during crucial moments of games is Dave Giuliani, Browns director of football research and strategy.

https://thelandondemand.com/news/2022/oct/04/second-thoughts-whos-making-browns-calls-crucial-s/   pay Grossi// he's on it

watching games this season? Stef ain't the only coach wired to them.. 

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, gumby73 said:

why bother.. 🤫

Depo sits in the same owners booth as Jimmy does during games.. he's not wired to anybody.. head to a game as a Spy 🕵️‍♂️ It ain't Depo..

Just like many teams... The only time Depo & Stef cross paths during the week? Is on Friday's, like when most coaches hate to do so.. They sit in on meeting with their anal-lynics dept..

The analytics expert with direct communication to Kevin Stefanski during crucial moments of games is Dave Giuliani, Browns director of football research and strategy.

https://thelandondemand.com/news/2022/oct/04/second-thoughts-whos-making-browns-calls-crucial-s/   pay Grossi// he's on it

DUDE, stop the cool aid shit. DEPO IS WIRED AND MIC'D......100% of the time? Why would he need to be?

Are.the cameras on him 100% of the time? Or maybe just when the networks notify the owners box that the camera is about to go live on them?

Or in being a sheep, do you believe that the NFL let's the camera's go into the owners box any old time they like?

Dude, for fuck's sake, we are fucking fans. We see and hear whatever concocted bullshit they want us to see. But hey, don't let me disturb your coma. By all means, carry on with the simplistic bullshit.

DEPODESTA RUNS THE TEAM.

If he didn't, why would there be a media release denying it?

Don't be a simpleton. Of course Deopesta is wired and mic'd. Of course all these stupid decisions originate with him. No football mind would call 1/2 of the shit they do.

4 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

DUDE, stop the cool aid shit. DEPO IS WIRED AND MIC'D......100% of the time? Why would he need to be?

Are.the cameras on him 100% of the time? Or maybe just when the networks notify the owners box that the camera is about to go live on them?

Or in being a sheep, do you believe that the NFL let's the camera's go into the owners box any old time they like?

Dude, for fuck's sake, we are fucking fans. We see and hear whatever concocted bullshit they want us to see. But hey, don't let me disturb your coma. By all means, carry on with the simplistic bullshit.

DEPODESTA RUNS THE TEAM.

Don't be a simpleton. Of course Deopesta is wired and mic'd. Of course all these stupid decisions originate with him. No football mind would call 1/2 of the shit they do.

Are you really going right back to being this guy?  If so, my bad for thinking otherwise....

It can always be worse at HC: Kliff Kingsbury at AZ should be the next to be fired as he's failed to make the college->pro transition. [Rhule is also this from earlier]

If you ever wondered what a team looks like when all the coaches do is lose.. Arizona has to be the poster child this year.  Kliff makes Stef look like a genius.

19 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

Hey Cal it's nice to see you again. 4 years ago a colleague of mine invented a technology that takes a Crop waste And turns it into a medium immediately that remove's variety of a variety of contaminants from water water, reduces reduces carbon in the environment at a rate of one pound fowned for every 2 pounds of the product used , and in the process Gets rid of millions of millions of tons of bio waste.

He brought it to me me and I added to to his patents  Some of my own To turn this into a process ready product.

Because I am a science guy I appointed  a CEO who had expertise in setting up structured companies and also raising funds.

He brought us several millions of investment from folks that can buy and sell Haslam 100 times over. No BS.

Within 2 years these morons fired the inventor in favor of input from 2 professors from another university. BOTH who were students of my partner, and C level at that.

It seems that the investors, completely devoid of an science education or water industry experience felt that they knew better.

I was asked to digest my 35 years of education and experience in water purification, waste minimization and industrial process into an 8.5 X 11 flow chart that would enable one of the investors sons, a general sales manager for a shoe company to assume the national sales managers' role and call on the chemical, aerospace, pharmaceutical, power, paper, oil/gas, environmental, food, beverage and automotive industries.

Imagine that; My life's work, my designs at home at St. Jude Children's Hospital, Glaxo-Smith-Kline and even NASA, and I am going to provide a cut sheet to allow a shoe salesman to call on the world's most astute chemical and process engineers.

As fucked up as this sounds, these people believe they are qualified for this.

All it takes to do this in industry is one dickhead who knows little to convince a money man who knows nothing that this stupidity is the path to success.

I have been somewhat of a serial entrepreneur and have seen this fucled up shit more times than I care to remember.

The Browns show all the same telltale signs.

Depo chose Stefanski because he was not a hot prospect, and could be manipulated into accepting this analytics bulshit.

Stefanski, like Holmgren, Savage, and others saw the Browns as a safe, financially fat opportunity/stepping stone/resting place. When he leaves, prospective employers will accept that his hands were tied in Cleveland.

Haslam has no life values of his own. He is a simpleton and is lead by idiots who convince him that they know how to run the Browns.

So were just fucked innocent by standers... Fucking lovely... And don't forget... Jimmuh is a woke dumbocrat... So there's that...

20 hours ago, gumby73 said:

why bother.. 🤫

HEY BRO sorry for jumping at ya. Just my mid season frustrations is all.

• Upvote 2

On 11/8/2022 at 6:43 AM, Bob806 said:

It is indeed sad. I hated it at the time, when Kyle Shanahan had some kind of power point presentation on his way out the door highlighting the chaos of the organization's structure. Well, looks like he was right. 

Shanahan, like Stefanski has flaws yet they both design good offenses. Too bad Shanahan didn't stick around, but if you're that fed up you have to go. Thanks Jimmy & Ray Farmer.

I've always been an optimist. I hate losing the faith. All these conspiracy theories out there ( in politics), hey sometimes I wonder if Haslam is a Steeler plant murdering football in CLE, with the intent of driving down attendance & moving to moron Goodell's Europe pipedream for a billion or so bucks. I hate thinking that...they've had a decent core & have drafted fairly well. Give us results!!!!

You can still be an optimist if you word it right Bob.  "You're positive things aren't positive in Haslam's set-up."  The sad thing is, the part in bold above doesn't seem far fetched at all.  I'm just taking inventory of the dumpster fires and I already lost count. 

The FO set-up and Haslam's tendency to hire the Head Coach before the GM (ie; Stefanski 2 weeks before Berry) just doesn't lend itself to compatible philosophies and trust IMO.  I feel like it breeds more mistrust than we're in this together.  This perceived need for hiring the Poindexters (analysts) as if they can give better input for the game plans/play calling than the Assistant Coaches like Bill Callahan, Stump Mitchell and OC Alex Van Pelt.  That's a slap in the face to the offensive coaches and the time they commit to breaking down film, opponents' situational tendencies and the practice time they commit toward all that preparing for every game.  It's just disturbing the owner has no idea what he's doing. One would think that occurrence which unfolded with Shanahan (Bob alluded to) would have been a learning experience for Haslam; but Ron White says it best "You can't fix stupid!" It's beyond blaming a Head Coach or DePodesta or even Berry.  Haslam is the one loading the dumpster, putting lighter fluid all over it and lighting it up.  We haven't just seen the movie.  We're watching a never ending sequel.

Hopefully some day we can break this back out and laugh at the knucklehead here typing it all.

Edited by Flugel
  • Upvote 1

On 11/9/2022 at 12:02 AM, nickers said:

So were just fucked innocent by standers... Fucking lovely... And don't forget... Jimmuh is a woke dumbocrat... So there's that...

https://www.wkyc.com/article/sports/nfl/browns/cleveland-browns-owners-jimmy-dee-haslam-fundraiser-us-senate-jd-vance/95-8b5424b5-23f4-45f9-b73c-2e19917c7d8c

When Trump was talking about loving uninformed moron voters, because they'd vote for him, I'm guessing he had you in mind. 

I mean, seriously, do you ever engage your brain before speaking or typing? 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

https://www.wkyc.com/article/sports/nfl/browns/cleveland-browns-owners-jimmy-dee-haslam-fundraiser-us-senate-jd-vance/95-8b5424b5-23f4-45f9-b73c-2e19917c7d8c

When Trump was talking about loving uniformed moron voters, because they'd vote for him, I'm guessing he had you in mind. 

I mean, seriously, do you ever engage your brain before speaking or typing? 

I mean seriously... Do you wipe your ass when you shit?... Or just after you swallow?

25 minutes ago, nickers said:

I mean seriously... Do you wipe your ass when you shit?... Or just after you swallow?

You literally are an oxygen thief. 

You should be embarrassed by how incredibly and consistently idiotic your posts are on here. 

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

You literally are an oxygen thief. 

You should be embarrassed by how incredibly and consistently idiotic your posts are on here. 

OMG look people!!... Dutchboi is such a big internet tough guy... Look at those big internet muscles he's flexing folks... I mean... Generational man!... Dude!... You are such an epic keyboard warrior!!.. I mean barf out man!!!... Whens your next gig dude!... I mean far out dude!... Gag me with a fucking spork!!!...... LOL.... You are way to easy bruh!

On 11/8/2022 at 12:59 PM, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

DEPODESTA RUNS THE TEAM.

Tom, two things:

1) your original article is from three years ago.

2) said article could well be made up Florio clickbait. Yeah, NFL teams regularly give guys like Mike inside info on how their organization works.  

Oh, I agree Haslam is on the more meddlesome side of owners, but the Johnny Football fiasco taught him a lesson. Or maybe not with Deshaun. And I doubt DePo has as much influence on the team as you're making it out to be.  

9 hours ago, hoorta said:

Tom, two things:

2) said article could well be made up Florio clickbait. Yeah, NFL teams regularly give guys like Mike inside info on how their organization works.  

Oh, I agree Haslam is on the more meddlesome side of owners, but the Johnny Football fiasco taught him a lesson. Or maybe not with Deshaun. And I doubt DePo has as much influence on the team as you're making it out to be.  

What does 3 years ago have to do with anything? Jim Brown played 60 years ago, so what?

On 11/11/2022 at 11:14 AM, hoorta said:

Tom, two things:

How do you know that the Louise Mandrel mess taught Haslam anything? You can read his mind?

Buddy, you always make these suppositions that when an owner or coach has something blow up in his face he finally comes to Jesus and starts thinking like you, like we normal folks.

You think like a fan, not a billionaire.

Do you actually think Maziel was a failure for Haslam? Dude, 100% the opposite. For a time it made Haslam and his team the toast of the NFL. It gave him the limelight, the media, and more advertising dollars.

Haslam doesn't give a fuck about wins, maps or any of that shit.

Like the owner of a Chik-Fil-A, he bought a guaranteed cash cow. He gets the exact same money as the other 31 owners gets. The playoff revenue? Sure he would like more, but owner don't need wins to make obscene NFL income.

Manziel wasn't even a blip on his screen.

20 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

Haslam doesn't give a fuck about wins, maps or any of that shit.

So why waste time on this topic at all?

You're subject heading wasn't diagnosing the cancer.  It was trying to find 1 symptom worthy of treating; and I'm not so sure you found it. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Flugel said:

So why waste time on this topic at all?

You're subject heading wasn't diagnosing the cancer.  It was trying to find 1 symptom worthy of treating; and I'm not so sure you found it. 

Haslam is the cancer that has this franchise on oxygen while Baltimore is on its way to winning the division again.   If you need to assure yourself that all they have to do is fire Stefanski and DePo - I'll ask you again, WHO will hire the replacements all over again?   It's still going to be Haslam...