THE BROWNS BOARD

Quinn Looked REAL Good!

Flugel

If this was 2 hand touch we win that game rather easily.

Even though we lost Do you know what was refreshing as Hell?

1) 0 INTs from our QB that went for TDs or just 0 INTs for that matter

2) When Braylon dropped the ball - I didn't have to worry if our passer could hit 1 more receiver in the hands.

3) No sacks given up w/ a QB that bought time with pocket presence and made plays.

4) 30 points.

5) No consecutive 3 and outs with many a sustained drive.

6) According to Collinsworth, Denver players said they'd RATHER face DA and that's because the watched game film of how easy he is to stop. Just being honest.

You what concerned me?

1) Why did Denver's 3rd string defense tackle BETTER than over overpaid defense?

2) The 2007 D'Qwell Jackson returned the last 2 weeks and that's not good. ZERO plays from our Inside backers just does not cut it.

3) Jerome Harrison averaged 11 yards a carry so by all means don't let him tough the ball more than 5 times.

4) The way our defense was playing - why didn't we just let them score faster so we had enough time for the final drive? RAC seems like a fun guy to play chess against and that's not good for us.

5) Our front 7 except for Willie McGinest - didn't show up tonight.

6) Blown coverages up the wazoo. The reason you don't see many 93 yard TD receptions is because there's ALOT more sound coverage schemes than we saw on that play to the rookie Eddie Royal.

7) Alot of BAD football players were REALLY overrated by Savage on defense starting with #99. Savage was acting like he was a Superstar and I don't think he was good enough to start for that injury depleted defense we faced. I'm being honest.

8) ALL our LBers where tackling shoulder high all night, which means they're a fundamental disaster right now. Willie was the only one hitting with his shoulder but the problem is he's only a couple years younger than Willie Nelson.

I'll end with a positive, I didn't expect Quinn to look as sharp as he looked. Usually when you score 30 points - it's enough to win unless your defense gives up 500 yards passing.

- Tom F. (I'm guessing Loverboy was a HUGE Denver fan tonight even though he HATES being reminded DA started out 0-3 with 4 INTs in his 3rd start vrs a 4-12 TB team in 2006. Crappy QBing like that is why we drafted Quinn in the first place)

Oh yeah..of course Anderson wins that game becuase there have been so many games this year when he's completed more than 50% of his passes, not thrown interceptions, not been sacked and also led the offense to 30 points.

Anderson sucks and his time as the starting QB of the Browns is over. He's playing somewhere else next year.

Good bye lums....don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way to your boyfriends new teams board.

Anderson wins that game Flugs. You know it.

Romeo tossed BQ a softball with a terrible depleted Broncos team. And BQ whiffed.

Holy shit are you a jackass if you think that. BQ looked awsome out there and our future is bright. We had a long 3 and 8 and they send a blitz. I guarentee DA takes a sack. What does BQ do? He steps up, buys time and gets us the first.

Romeo tossed BQ a softball with a terrible depleted Broncos team. And BQ whiffed.

You are a sad, pathetic DA troll. DA sucks, get over it.

You know it too, socal.

No, I do not know it, because DA folds under pressure, and throws freaking screen passes to the other team in the clutch.

BQ looked more poised in the pocket then DA ever did.

Lums I couldn't disagree with you more. There wasn't 1 hired commentator that thought Quinn looked anything less than excellent. If I was a Derek Anderson fan - I would have had the mute button on while the Browns were sustaining drives kept alive by a smart QB.

I think you're boy DA is all done in Cleveland and MANY of the guys thinking Quinn wasn't going to be much better at moving the chains have eyes.

I would have MUCH rather had Denver's Defense tonight than our's. That 1 LBer Collinsowrth talked about running 4.5s that kept smashing Jamal Lewis impressed me alot more than D'Qwell and our insignificants on D. Dude, Cutler threw for 500 yards tonight give or take 10 yards and it's not like he didn't have an eternity to throw uncontested passes. What defense would you have preferred?

Too bad we didn't have Quinn on the field when we held Pittsburgh to just 10 points or in either Ratbird game because DA's INTs were backbreakers. I think we pissed away at least 2-3 wins sticking with Derek too long. Last I looked, Denver was in first place because they beat San Diego right?

- Tom F. (The only people that think our defense was terrific tonight are DA fans. Trust me! This was the FIRST game I looked forward to in quite some time. We need a GM that can do better than overpaying bums like #99 to be our pass rush)

Lums I couldn't disagree with you more. There wasn't 1 hired commentator that thought Quinn looked anything less than excellent.

your fixation on completion percentage shows why everybody loved Charlie Frye so much.

As Steve Mariucci correctly pointed out, if Brady Quinn can't complete a pass longer than 10 yards he's going to have problems in this league.

Welcome back to 8 in the box, stuffed running backs, scrambling quarterbacks, and non-existent wide receivers in Cleveland. Just like back in the Charlie Frye days.

By the way, beyond the fact that Quinn attempted ZERO passes longer than 10 yards, only SIX out of 23 completed passes went to wide receivers.

But go ahead and watch completion percentage and tell me how that's how QBs are judged. And we'll watch the losses pile up together.

Lums I couldn't disagree with you more. There wasn't 1 hired commentator that thought Quinn looked anything less than excellent.

your fixation on completion percentage shows why everybody loved Charlie Frye so much.

- Lums

Just remember DA was 0-3 in his first 3 starts in 2006 and the 3rd start was a 4 INT performance vrs a bad TB team we ended up coin flipping for the #3 overall pick in 2007. I gotta believe THAT as the alternative to Charlie Frye is the BIGGEST reason our staff moved Heaven and Earth to trade back up into round 1 and draft Brady Quinn in 2007.

If DA was doing the job, I wouldn't have witnessed 4 INTs that went for TDs in the last 3 Ratbird matchups. Dude, that's brutal. We didn't need to trade Charlie Frye away if that's all we were asking for. Then again, you're always the one telling everone what a genious Phil Savage is as I witnessed a QB hitting up our defense without a pass rush for 500 yards.

- Tom F.

- Lums

Just remember DA was 0-3 in his first 3 starts in 2006 and the 3rd start was a 4 INT performance vrs a bad TB team we ended up coin flipping for the #3 overall pick in 2007. I gotta believe THAT as the alternative to Charlie Frye is the BIGGEST reason our staff moved Heaven and Earth to trade back up into round 1 and draft Brady Quinn in 2007.

If DA was doing the job, I wouldn't have witnessed 4 INTs that went for TDs in the last 3 Ratbird matchups. Dude, that's brutal. We didn't need to trade Charlie Frye away if that's all we were asking for. Then again, you're always the one telling everone what a genious Phil Savage is as I witnessed a QB hitting up our defense without a pass rush for 500 yards.

- Tom F.

Flugs, we saw what a real QB looks like tonight. Wonder how many games we could have won with him in there?

Flugs, we saw what a real QB looks like tonight. Wonder how many games we could have won with him in there?

Before yinz build a new display case for a lombardi, consider that Queen looked pretty decent against one of the NFL's worst defenses that probably only the Lions are worse.

Like Cowher says - keep it in perspective.

Regards

.... an`at

Uh, aren't you the win who used to bash the Browns for playing Dumbass instead of Queen?

Excuse us for liking what we saw out of a guy getting his first start. Serioulsly Chuck, do we look like we're giddy and all happy go lucky right now?

Where's the famous Chubby chucker brain power?

I admit I was very impressed with BQ, but I still stand by my points that we need another WR, RB and head coach. This "one yard and a cloud of dust" and "ok, it's the 4th quarter, let's give them the game" strategy is killing me.

Notice how many balls went Edwards way? BQ learned from DA, do NOT throw him the ball. icon_lol.gif

Winslow will probably be going to the Pro Bowl again thanks to BQ. icon_lol.gif

Uh, aren't you the win who used to bash the Browns for playing Dumbass instead of Queen?

Excuse us for liking what we saw out of a guy getting his first start. Serioulsly Chuck, do we look like we're giddy and all happy go lucky right now?

Where's the famous Chubby chucker brain power?

Tell ya what scared me most about this guy - it was the after-game press conference.

He came off like a dumb kid, IMO.

He starts losing games in a bad way and the media/fans will slaughter him.

Regards

.... an`at

What the hell are you talking about? He came off just fine in that Press Conference. I liked what I heard, he expected to move down and win the game. When he didnt he took responseability for not getting it done. That is the leader I want for this team. You worry about Ben and we will worry about Brady.

Tell ya what scared me most about this guy - it was the after-game press conference.

He came off like a dumb kid, IMO.

He starts losing games in a bad way and the media/fans will slaughter him.

Regards

.... an`at

Sure Chubs, he's a real dumbass.

I didn't get to watch the game except the last 5 minutes. But BQ appeared to have played a good game. Completed high percentage of passes and looked online like he converted several 3rd downs. His Yards per throw was low but that was expected. I am glad I have KII on my fanasty team but looks like I should drop BE.

To be fair to DA he had only thrown 1 int in last 4 games i think and that was a game ender on the screen. He had the Browns with 27 points against a much tougher Ravens team and a 135 passer rating going into the fourth quarter.

With my defense of DA done. I would have to say that BQ seemed like he showed alot for a FIRST start. Will be curious how he looks after 8 games.

Lum just say, GOOD GAME BQ. Too bad about end result. Looks like the Browns can hopefully draft some defense from the picks they get for DA. And yes I do think that DA will garner some picks. prolly a 2nd and a 5th.

If this was 2 hand touch we win that game rather easily.

Even though we lost Do you know what was refreshing as Hell?

1) 0 INTs from our QB that went for TDs or just 0 INTs for that matter

2) When Braylon dropped the ball - I didn't have to worry if our passer could hit 1 more receiver in the hands.

3) No sacks given up w/ a QB that bought time with pocket presence and made plays.

4) 30 points.

5) No consecutive 3 and outs with many a sustained drive.

6) According to Collinsworth, Denver players said they'd RATHER face DA and that's because the watched game film of how easy he is to stop. Just being honest.

You what concerned me?

1) Why did Denver's 3rd string defense tackle BETTER than over overpaid defense?

2) The 2007 D'Qwell Jackson returned the last 2 weeks and that's not good. ZERO plays from our Inside backers just does not cut it.

3) Jerome Harrison averaged 11 yards a carry so by all means don't let him tough the ball more than 5 times.

4) The way our defense was playing - why didn't we just let them score faster so we had enough time for the final drive? RAC seems like a fun guy to play chess against and that's not good for us.

5) Our front 7 except for Willie McGinest - didn't show up tonight.

6) Blown coverages up the wazoo. The reason you don't see many 93 yard TD receptions is because there's ALOT more sound coverage schemes than we saw on that play to the rookie Eddie Royal.

7) Alot of BAD football players were REALLY overrated by Savage on defense starting with #99. Savage was acting like he was a Superstar and I don't think he was good enough to start for that injury depleted defense we faced. I'm being honest.

8) ALL our LBers where tackling shoulder high all night, which means they're a fundamental disaster right now. Willie was the only one hitting with his shoulder but the problem is he's only a couple years younger than Willie Nelson.

I'll end with a positive, I didn't expect Quinn to look as sharp as he looked. Usually when you score 30 points - it's enough to win unless your defense gives up 500 yards passing.

- Tom F. (I'm guessing Loverboy was a HUGE Denver fan tonight even though he HATES being reminded DA started out 0-3 with 4 INTs in his 3rd start vrs a 4-12 TB team in 2006. Crappy QBing like that is why we drafted Quinn in the first place)

two very very good points....

Probowl????

Riffer

I know Riff! I think we would have scored MORE than 6 points vrs Pitt and I don't think we would have treated Balt's defense to 3 INTs for TDs in 2008. I think we might have won 2 more games. We would have been destroyed tonight if DA started.

Quinn looked awesome! It's nice watching a QB move the chains consistently. Think about it - he made the precise throws on 3rd downs that woudl have moved the chains when Winslow fumbled and when Winslow got busted for the offensive interference/pick play.

Quinn's only going to get better while when DA played all we kept asking each other every week is can it actually get any worse? There was 1 exception to the rule vrs NY.

- Tom F. (At least it was NICE to get excited about our passing game and offense again)

Guest Masters

LMFAO.... DA throws that ball at over Stallworths head, panics on that throw to Lewis and Winslow, and misses Winslow in the flats on the 2nd TD.

Get over it Lum..

Notice no confusion in the huddle, line, or delay of games.

Guest Masters

All you had to do was look at Quinn's face in the huddle and coming out.

I will be sack it up now and say it, at the risk of looking like a fool later. Quinn is a real NFL QB (a leader)!

Guest Masters

That question is Crennelephant's worst nightmare this week.

No shat Chett, no shat.

As Steve Mariucci correctly pointed out, if Brady Quinn can't complete a pass longer than 10 yards he's going to have problems in this league.

Wow, you mean the growing number of people supporting Quinn who beleive he is better that Anderson?

The Tampons are a product Corvalis.

Guest Masters

As Steve Mariucci correctly pointed out' date=' if Brady Quinn can't complete a pass longer than 10 yards he's going to have problems in this league.

[/quote']

Wow, you mean the growing number of people supporting Quinn who beleive he is better that Anderson?

As Mark S. said on Sportscenter tonight, it sounds cliche, but good QBs take what the D gives them. Quinn did that tonight.

As Steve Mariucci correctly pointed out' date=' if Brady Quinn can't complete a pass longer than 10 yards he's going to have problems in this league.

[/quote']

As Mark S. said on Sportscenter tonight, it sounds cliche, but good QBs take what the D gives them. Quinn did that tonight.

That he did. Too bad our defense gave them the game.

I admit I was very impressed with BQ, but I still stand by my points that we need another WR, RB and head coach. This "one yard and a cloud of dust" and "ok, it's the 4th quarter, let's give them the game" strategy is killing me.

Notice how many balls went Edwards way? BQ learned from DA, do NOT throw him the ball. icon_lol.gif

Winslow will probably be going to the Pro Bowl again thanks to BQ. icon_lol.gif

We have another RB - the coaches get mad at him when he performs and bench him.

Archived