THE BROWNS BOARD

Myles G wants woods gone!!

Kvoethe

28 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

He made comments LAST season that spoke to this too. 

Was that when TJ Watt started running away with the Defensive Player of the Year Award?

We wasted a #1 overall pick on Myles Careless.  He was so dominating that we went from 1-15 to 0-16.

Here's what's really happening, This team just got the perfect excuse to quit as soon as something goes wrong.

And Myles wonders why this fan base boos the Browns at home?

If people are wondering why they feel less connected to this franchise than ever - it's right here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, nickers said:

I want  Woods fired after this game... This is UNACCEPTABLE!

I'm all for it Nicks.  And when the next DC gets blamed because they don't feel like trying again - I'm all for firing the next DC as long as we keep overpaying guys that want to quit after the first sign of adversity.  We're great at that.

Quitters quit and winners win!  

I keep hearing how bad our DC is - is anyone taking inventory of how many doable FGs we've had blocked?

1 minute ago, Flugel said:

I'm all for it Nicks.  And when the next DC gets blamed because they don't feel like trying again - I'm all for firing the next DC as long as we keep overpaying guys that want to quit after the first sign of adversity.  We're great at that.

Quitters quit and winners win!  

I keep hearing how bad our DC is - is anyone taking inventory of how many doable FGs we've had blocked?

Tom... This team is soft... I'm for starting all over at this point... Our owner needs to be whacked!

Again, I am listening on Sirius, the Bill's announcers have remarked that the Browns DL does not confront the Bill's OL head to head but are trying to find angles on every down, remarking that the Bill's OL is just pushing them out of the way. Several times they remarked about the Bill's using Garrett's outside charges to just ride him around the play.

With all of that bitch talk, Miles Garrett is not the problem. He is a quality player, BUT in his own lament in calling out for leadership, he says all that needs to be said.

Whatever the fuck the Depo/Stefanski/Haslam relationship is, it is dysfunctional.

There is no player addition that is going to make this a good football team

There is a pathology that Haslam ownership cultivates and nurtures. I have no fucking clue how to fix it, but since 1999 this team has been infected with the same disease.

We are passionate, supportive fans and we don't deserve.this 

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, nickers said:

Tom... This team is soft... I'm for starting all over at this point... Our owner needs to be whacked!

Totally agree!  If Haslam stays why waste any more time on this team?  I promise you the trends aren't lying.  Go back and research where we've been and where we remain with this crappy owner.  

With TJ Watt back in Pittsburgh making the difference Myles can't make - we're heading right back to last place.  Should we be surprised?

2 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Totally agree!  If Haslam stays why waste any more time on this team?  I promise you the trends aren't lying.  Go back and research where we've been and where we remain with this crappy owner.  

With TJ Watt back in Pittsburgh making the difference Myles can't make - we're heading right back to last place.  Should we be surprised?

Nope!

21 minutes ago, Flugel said:

I totally agree. I will always root for them, but if Jimma owns the team, I WILL NEVER EXPECT THEM TO WIN ANYTHING 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Flugel said:

Tj watt is no doubt a beast but he also has Cam Heyward on the other side. Clowney has been a ghost all season to be fair.

10 hours ago, Flugel said:

Was that when TJ Watt started running away with the Defensive Player of the Year Award?

We wasted a #1 overall pick on Myles Careless.  He was so dominating that we went from 1-15 to 0-16.

Here's what's really happening, This team just got the perfect excuse to quit as soon as something goes wrong.

And Myles wonders why this fan base boos the Browns at home?

If people are wondering why they feel less connected to this franchise than ever - it's right here.

Apathy has indeed set in for me. I expected a loss to the Bills,  I wasn't disappointed.  But the problem goes deeper than Woods. It's a GLARING  lack of talent on the interior DL. Every team in the NFL knew it weeks ago. You want a minimum of a 5 yard gain? Right up the gut on our warm bodies in the middle.  Woods can't coach up crap into anything resembling a respectable D there. 

Deron Cherry said they quit against Miami,  looks like they did the same against the Bills.  Yep, overrated, Brissett may be a great guy, but he's flat out not good enough to win a bunch of games.  

Finally regarding TJ Watt, that may be the interception of the year against the Bengals.  I couldn't believe what I saw, neither could Joe Burrow. 

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

Yep, overrated, Brissett may be a great guy, but he's flat out not good enough to win a bunch of games.  

The Browns, through ten games, have averaged 24 points a game under Brissett. The best offensive team of the post 1999 era was the 2007 team, under Derek Anderson, Braylon Edwards, Kellen Winslow II, and Jamal Lewis, who scored 25 points a game. 

He's done a fantastic job as a backup being forced to start a long stretch of games. 

But yeah, he's overrated. 🤔

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

It is not Woods fault let’s run it back year 4 and keep trying 

The BIGGEST reason they need to fire Woods asap is because it would erase the excuse to QUIT at the first sign of adversity every week.  What this defense will continue to do otherwise is know the media will keep reminding us this is all Woods' fault only so they don't have to try.  Did we learn 1 new thing about Woods at any point in the season?   The FO/HC should have had the foresight to did to take care of this in December 2021/January 2022.  They'll prolly get him now that it's too late at a time of year less qualified replacements will be available. 

In all our years following this dumpster fire, and this is important, is this bad Coordinator disease only exclusive to Woods?    Before you answer - I'll give the reason for asking it.  All these Coordinators that keep being the only reason this team loses allegedly - aren't hiring themselves.  That hiring process begins at least 1-2 pay scales above the Coordinator.  This team is failing at the personnel it hires and drafts inclusive of the coaching staff failing to develop a lot of the draftees into keepers. Having said that, Andrew Berry's ego has kept all but 1 of his draftees to show how many of his draft choices remain on the team.  We're also back to being one of the younger teams because of that.  As we've painfully learned over the years - being too young as a team in this era doesn't help you at all; especially if you have a crappy coaching staff unable to develop them or teach them the scheme well enough to buy into.  Sticking with Woods this far past the point of no return is now giving defensive players the excuse to quit after the very 1st sign of adversity.  When the season has already been handed over to a CAREER BACKUP QB - you're not going to win many games ranking anywhere from 26th to 32nd at points allowed

Unfortunately, all this pretending the only problem on game day is Joe Woods sheds too many blind eyes to how many times our Special Teams has been flagged for 12 guys on the filed and/or how many very makeable FGs keep getting easily blocked.  I'm guessing Mike Priefer didn't hire himself either.

I'm still seeing some guys want to bring up Brissett as the reason we are where we are.  Again, heading into the bye this team was ranked 6th at scoring points but 26th at points allowed.  Since the bye week, the Browns gave up 39 points to Miami and 31 points to Buffalo.  This probably made the bad ranking even worse with points allowed.  So much for recuperation and fresh legs after a week off.  

So, when the media feeds the fire the coordinator appetites in our fanbase once again - just know it gives the type of guys on DEFENSE (that this FO likes to overpay dearly) an excuse to quit after the 1st sign of adversity.    This isn't our dad's/grandfather's Browns - this is the sum of all Haslam's decisions. 

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

The Browns, through ten games, have averaged 24 points a game under Brissett. The best offensive team of the post 1999 era was the 2007 team, under Derek Anderson, Braylon Edwards, Kellen Winslow II, and Jamal Lewis, who scored 25 points a game. 

He's done a fantastic job as a backup being forced to start a long stretch of games. 

But yeah, he's overrated. 🤔

I was typing the facts about our points scored vrs points allowed when this posted!

I think Hoorta meant the defense was overrated before he went on to say what he said about how many games he felt Brissett was capable of winning.  I share your take that points allowed is a bigger problem than a career backup QB exceeding the expectation.  

The last time this team was good - they forced turnovers which made winning close games /high scoring games doable.  This one rarely ever does that for the offense.  When they do cause a fumble - they get easily outhustled to the loose ball.  

I was proud of the effort of the Browns' players the first half. Buffalo went in and stopped the Browns running game. That is putting it very faintly.

Chubb - 19 yards on 14 carries? WHAT???

The Bills went to stop him - they did - but it loosened up the Browns' passing attack, and Bissett took the best advantage that he could. Bissett surprised me with about 4 really nice sideline passes. Still, some overthrows and poor ball placement at times.

Simply put, the Browns blew the second half again. Just  look at the score at halftime....then it blows up in their faces.

Then look at Stephon Diggs - really nice defense to shut him down most of the first half.

Then, he scores and although desperate, the Browns go kaput.

They had Josh Allen frustrated as all hell the first half.

Then, the second half, their passing comes alive. Singletary gets red hot again.

It seems the Browns are afflicted with losing games dramatically in the second halves of games.

Seems to me, it's the Browns' game plan by committee - other teams make changes in the second half when they need to.

Game planning by committee - the committee doesn't make second half changes.

It's the coaching.

Just one example - the last game.

"Bills LB Matt Milano, when I asked if they were expecting the two Jacoby Brissett QB sneaks on 3rd & 1 and 4th & 1: “Yeah, they have an 88% conversion rate (on that play). We were expecting it. He did it and got stuffed both times.” That’s when preparation meets tendencies."

Chubb was held to 19 yards on 14 carries??? it sure the hell wasn't Chubb's fault.

Yeah, "Bissett is bigger than Baker, he can make qb sneaks".

Sure, unless you freaking do it so often. Handoff to Chubb to run wide to the left? vs Milano and co.?

Stuffed for a loss. Not just once. On one important qb sneak in the end zone - Milano, lb, all 6'/223 lbs of him, cuts inside the Browns TE, and big man Jordan Phillips, 6'6", 330 lbs, walls off the interior of the Browns' oline, they get no push. and Bissett is helpless.

The "what if"s tick me off. "What if" Baker had an Amari Cooper in 2020. "what if" the Browns drafted Jordan Davis th last draft as their NT?

and of course, "what if" the Browns had great ownership that hired a coaching staff that made their own game plan and knew how to play chess at halftime, instead of checkers?

Just my goofy two cents.

4 hours ago, Flugel said:

The BIGGEST reason they need to fire Woods asap is because it would erase the excuse to QUIT at the first sign of adversity every week.  What this defense will continue to do otherwise is know the media will keep reminding us this is all Woods' fault only so they don't have to try.  Did we learn 1 new thing about Woods at any point in the season?   The FO/HC should have had the foresight to did to take care of this in December 2021/January 2022.  They'll prolly get him now that it's too late at a time of year less qualified replacements will be available. 

In all our years following this dumpster fire, and this is important, is this bad Coordinator disease only exclusive to Woods?    Before you answer - I'll give the reason for asking it.  All these Coordinators that keep being the only reason this team loses allegedly - aren't hiring themselves.  That hiring process begins at least 1-2 pay scales above the Coordinator.  This team is failing at the personnel it hires and drafts inclusive of the coaching staff failing to develop a lot of the draftees into keepers. Having said that, Andrew Berry's ego has kept all but 1 of his draftees to show how many of his draft choices remain on the team.  We're also back to being one of the younger teams because of that.  As we've painfully learned over the years - being too young as a team in this era doesn't help you at all; especially if you have a crappy coaching staff unable to develop them or teach them the scheme well enough to buy into.  Sticking with Woods this far past the point of no return is now giving defensive players the excuse to quit after the very 1st sign of adversity.  When the season has already been handed over to a CAREER BACKUP QB - you're not going to win many games ranking anywhere from 26th to 32nd at points allowed

Unfortunately, all this pretending the only problem on game day is Joe Woods sheds too many blind eyes to how many times our Special Teams has been flagged for 12 guys on the filed and/or how many very makeable FGs keep getting easily blocked.  I'm guessing Mike Priefer didn't hire himself either.

I'm still seeing some guys want to bring up Brissett as the reason we are where we are.  Again, heading into the bye this team was ranked 6th at scoring points but 26th at points allowed.  Since the bye week, the Browns gave up 39 points to Miami and 31 points to Buffalo.  This probably made the bad ranking even worse with points allowed.  So much for recuperation and fresh legs after a week off.  

So, when the media feeds the fire the coordinator appetites in our fanbase once again - just know it gives the type of guys on DEFENSE (that this FO likes to overpay dearly) an excuse to quit after the 1st sign of adversity.    This isn't our dad's/grandfather's Browns - this is the sum of all Haslam's decisions. 

We’ve all screamed for continuity and we gave this entire staff three years- which is eternity in the NFL.  the axe will fall with Prieffer and Woods.

I wasn’t a Woods fan three years ago and not much has changed whether it’s putting Karl Joseph in coverage and blitzing 3 or 4 against Mike Glennon or making the Ghost of Ben R. look like vintage Ben R. Last season. We drafted or supplied Woods with pretty decent man coverage guys and we sit regularly in zone coverage. I’m sure I’ll argue with some on here but when Myles can’t get to the QB you better be sending JOK or Delpit.  Simply put, 3rd and long is go get the QB. It has never been Woods fault until now and I feel like this blame should have been placed long ago.  How many times???  “But he doesn’t have the guys he needs”. Name a defense in the NFL that has every personnel grouping perfectly aligned - you can’t because of injuries and the salary cap.

Agree with your post!!!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SdBacker80 said:

We’ve all screamed for continuity and we gave this entire staff three years- which is eternity in the NFL.  the axe will fall with Prieffer and Woods.

I wasn’t a Woods fan three years ago and not much has changed whether it’s putting Karl Joseph in coverage and blitzing 3 or 4 against Mike Glennon or making the Ghost of Ben R. look like vintage Ben R. Last season. We drafted or supplied Woods with pretty decent man coverage guys and we sit regularly in zone coverage. I’m sure I’ll argue with some on here but when Myles can’t get to the QB you better be sending JOK or Delpit.  Simply put, 3rd and long is go get the QB. It has never been Woods fault until now and I feel like this blame should have been placed long ago.  How many times???  “But he doesn’t have the guys he needs”. Name a defense in the NFL that has every personnel grouping perfectly aligned - you can’t because of injuries and the salary cap.

Agree with your post!!!

And I agree with your points.  I wish I knew what kind of Coordinator Alex Van Pelt is because our Head Coach should have gotten far more involved with the Defense and Special Teams.  He has empowered the 2 Coordinators here that have struggled all year with 100% trust and autonomy.  Meanwhile, he feels like he has to do a large percentage of Van Pelt's job to the extent our defense and special teams continue to get a blind eye from him.

Even worse, our owner doesn't understand the business he's in - while we're in a merciless division usually.  I'm very frustrated this year.  Thanks for letting me vent SdB!

Edited by Flugel

1 hour ago, SdBacker80 said:

Agree with your post!!!

The Bills were double teaming Garrett all day...  Regarding the defense, it used to be "strong up the middle", the Browns D is the exact opposite.  

Regarding Priefer, I'll let you look up how many of York's kicks have gotten blocked. & mucking around in team stats, looks like the Browns are a pretty respectable 46 yards per punt- and dead last in net yardage.  

At this point, trade Myles.

And while you are at it, trade Chubb and Bitonio too. 

No need for those guys to have their careers pissed away by a completely incompetent franchise.

Joe Thomas already has "Hall Of Fame Cleveland Brown Martyr" status. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

At this point, trade Myles.

And while you are at it, trade Chubb and Bitonio too. 

No need for those guys to have their careers pissed away by a completely incompetent franchise.

Joe Thomas already has "Hall Of Fame Cleveland Brown Martyr" status. 

In theory I would agree.

This team should be contenders right now  so what are the missing pieces ?   A franchise starting quarterback ?  The right HC ?  The right owner ?

All or part of all of the above  ?    It's enough to drive even an average fan crazy.

26 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

In theory I would agree.

This team should be contenders right now  so what are the missing pieces ?   A franchise starting quarterback ?  The right HC ?  The right owner ?

All or part of all of the above  ?    It's enough to drive even an average fan crazy.

There's way too much talent on this team - as flawed in some areas that it is - to be hurtling towards oblivion like they are. 

On 11/20/2022 at 3:07 PM, Flugel said:

Tom, I wish both of us could act rationally with regards to this fucking team. We just keep coming back.

Haslam has become the sucker for the NFL elite to recommend one of their own to "finally" fix the browns.

10 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

There's way too much talent on this team - as flawed in some areas that it is - to be hurtling towards oblivion like they are. 

Athletic talent, sure.

Using their brains & tying it to their athleticism, FAILURE.

In a nutshell, it's a low IQ football team.

39 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Hmmm….I thought we got rid of the locker room cancer. 🤔

22D0C10C-874C-4A32-B4AF-ACE31CFFCBC9.jpeg

I honestly think Garrett is the cancer... All he cares about is his own personal stats.. We should grant him his wish and send him to Dallas...

Hmm.

I've watched enough film to see where we've switched things up, yet still failed to execute beyond a game here or there when we simply lose the chess match up that is roster comparison.  Because, much like the offense, when you have personnel deficiencies, your ability to make adjustments is limited. 

And even where we haven't "switched things up", there have been individual and collective rep losses, the overwhelming majority of which are along the IDL and LB, are even the most simple of assignments.

Players are able to look at themselves or their teammates and be honest about who is and who isn't getting it done. 

So I highly doubt that quote is legit.