THE BROWNS BOARD

GO BLUE (again)

MLD Woody

2 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Just don't enter any raffles with Tressel...

I'll remember that tip,  my next door neighbor used to work in Tress' office area I knew about JT  more than any YSU or OSU coaches or staff.

But  "stories about stuff"  are more interesting to some people ..... I guess.    

....... oh just one project JT and his wife's family donated about  $1M to to get it built for the YSU students. 

resize.jpeg

resize (2).jpeg

Nice place next to the 20,650 seat 1-AA state of the art football stadium. 

When I was a freshman in 1968 we played in an old beat up high school field,  progress I guess.

Oh the. SF 49ers  used to practice at the WATTS center and Stambaugh field when they were on the east coast.   They liked it.      :D  

.....edit add .....   it's nice to have a good YSU President,  staff, alumni to do things for the students. 

The Watson and Tressel Training Site (WATTS) is an on-campus facility that offers Youngstown State athletics one of the best indoor complexes in the entire FCS and the Horizon League.

The concept was originally announced in the summer of 2007 when the Tressel and Watson Families presented the University with a $1 million donation.

Through hard work by many, the facility opened for use in the fall of 2011.

This indoor facility is vital to the future success of the YSU athletic department. The WATTS will provide the most critical ingredient to meet the challenges presented by the opportunity of playing nationally-recognized competition.

★  Located to the east of Stambaugh Stadium, the WATTS features a full-length Shaw Sportexe PowerBlade HP+ synthetic turf system football field, a 300-meter state-of-the-art mondo track surface, two long-jump pits, a high-jump pit, four batting cages, protective netting, a training room and locker rooms.

The seasonal facility will accommodate athletic team practices, intramural sports, campus-wide activities and special events benefiting students, faculty, staff and the community throughout the year.

★  Soccer, men’s and women’s track and field, baseball, golf, softball and football have the ability to practice in a safer, more comfortable environment. The facility also provides a significantly prolonged practice season to meet the challenge of the elevated level of competition YSU seeks to embrace.

In addition, the WATTS has served as a community resource - providing a large, climate-protected venue for local youth organizations and high schools. Area track and field teams utilize the facility for practices. During the winter months, the WATTS is open to the public in the evening.

★  The Horizon League Indoor Track and Field Championships have been held in the facility every year since 2011.

In the spring of 2012, a lounge for the track and field program was created. Dressing rooms for the men’s and women’s golf teams are on the mezzanine next to a state-of-the-art putting surface.

★  This $14-million project was seen as a public/private partnership in that the construction costs would be sought through private philanthropy.

Edited by mjp28

On 12/6/2022 at 8:07 AM, Canton Dawg said:

Ga is the reigning National champs, and the odds on favorite to win the title again.

Ohio State has the best chance of the 3 teams to take them out.

I'll agree with you there  -and-  for all of the reasons already mentioned  Ohio State has the weapons and stars plus the time to get their star RB heealthy enough to play.

And losing to a very good Michigan team at home and as a favorite  HAS  to be enough motivation to get the job done.

Now "IF"  the BUCKEYES can knock off Georgia which should be a battle  "AND"  Michigan can put away TCU which should happen it might set up a great  #1  vs  #2  battle between long time rivals.  A classic battle,  now who would be  #1 or #2  will be a good debate. 

★  BUT  first things first.   The New Year's Eve football schedule.      🏈 

Friday, Dec. 30

No. 23 NC State vs. Maryland — Duke's Mayo Bowl (Charlotte, North Carolina) | 12 p.m. | ESPN
No. 18 UCLA vs. Pitt — Sun Bowl (El Paso, Texas) | 2 p.m. | CBS
No. 19 South Carolina vs. No. 21 Notre Dame — Gator Bowl (Jacksonville, Florida) | 3:30 p.m. | ESPN
Ohio vs. Wyoming — Arizona Bowl (Tucson, Arizona) | 4:30 p.m.| Barstool
No. 6 Tennessee vs. No. 7 Clemson — Orange Bowl (Miami Gardens, Florida) | 8 p.m. | ESPN

★  Saturday, Dec. 31.  <---  The # 1, 2, 3, 4  and  5, 9  teams playing. 

Iowa vs. Kentucky — Music City Bowl (Nashville, Tennessee) | 12 p.m. | ABC
No. 5 Alabama vs. No. 9 Kansas State — Sugar Bowl (New Orleans) | 12 p.m. | ESPN
No. 2 Michigan vs. No. 3 TCU (CFP semifinal) — Fiesta Bowl (Glendale, Arizona) | 4 p.m. | ESPN
No. 1 Georgia vs. No. 4 Ohio State (CFP semifinal) — Peach Bowl (Atlanta) | 8 p.m. | ESPN

Monday, Jan. 2

No. 22 Mississippi State vs. Illinois — ReliaQuest Bowl (Tampa, Florida) | 12 p.m. | ESPN2
No. 17 LSU vs. Purdue — Citrus Bowl (Orlando, Florida) | 1 p.m. | ABC
No. 10 USC vs. No. 16 Tulane — Cotton Bowl (Arlington, Texas) | 1 p.m. | ESPN
No. 8 Utah vs. No. 11 Penn State — Rose Bowl (Pasadena, California) | 5 p.m. | ESPN

★  Sunday, Jan. 8  ★

FCS national championship (Frisco, Texas) | 2 p.m. | ABC.  <--- To be playing here for the #1 team.

Monday, Jan. 9

CFP National Championship Game (Inglewood, California) | ESPN

10 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

You do know that Vegas has tOSU as 3.5 point favorites in a rematch with TTUN?

74B29A91-5D0B-4EB5-A59B-2304E7946501.jpeg

I liked these guys better when they were complaining about coaches and their buyouts, spots on 4th down, bad calls and the glory days of Bo…but man have the rebounded back to their loud and obnoxious ways 

47 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

I liked these guys better when they were complaining about coaches and their buyouts, spots on 4th down, bad calls and the glory days of Bo…but man have the rebounded back to their loud and obnoxious ways 

I know.

They win games against the Buckeyes at the same clip as a total solar eclipse, and they think they’re world champions.

48 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

After just two wins?

Imagine OSU fans then...