THE BROWNS BOARD

Tale of the Tape - Browns @ Texans

Orion

image.png.d51a3448cc3f0ae2ae828f594026bd57.png

And so, here we go.....the Disgusting Bowl.  Watson is disgusting for requesting happy endings.  The Browns are disgusting for trading for him.  The Texans are disgusting for allowing it to happen in the first place.

Enough of that.  It's the start of the 2023 Pre-season (as Flugal has coined).   The Texans on offense are pathetic...and on the other side of the ball they have the league's worst run defense, so in theory, we should be able to run on them and try to ease Watson back into the NFL.  It sucks that he has to return to the NFL  IN HOUSTON, but it's good that he gets to return against the Texans, the league's worst team.  I'm looking forward to watching because I just don't know what's going to happen.  I expect that he'll seem rusty and unsure at times...but he might look good.  Who knows for sure?  

For lots of reasons, not the least of which is opponent quality, we cannot lose this game!   I'm pretty certain that beating them is not going to mean anything in relation to a playoff push....and losing might improve our draft status (which in turn, improves their 1st round pick from us)  but we just cannot let them beat us, for those...lots of reasons.

6 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

How are the Browns only 23rd in the NFL in rush defense?

That almost makes it seem like they are mediocre vs the run, when in reality that are abysmal. 

Because teams like Cincy & T Bay insisted on passing the ball. Good thing Brady ran Arians out of town🤣

6 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

That almost makes it seem like they are mediocre vs the run, when in reality that are abysmal. 

Opponents have had the ability to pass too

Baker 235

Flacco 307

Tua 285

Zappe 309

Not exactly a murders row but they had success throwing the ball

5 hours ago, Bob806 said:

Because teams like Cincy & T Bay insisted on passing the ball. Good thing Brady ran Arians out of town🤣

Arians is in Tbays front office

• Confused 1

On 11/30/2022 at 9:54 PM, Orion said:

And so, here we go.....the Disgusting Bowl.  Watson is disgusting for requesting happy endings.  The Browns are disgusting for trading for him.  The Texans are disgusting for allowing it to happen in the first place.

Enough of that.  It's the start of the 2023 Pre-season (as Flugal has coined).   The Texans on offense are pathetic...and on the other side of the ball they have the league's worst run defense, so in theory, we should be able to run on them and try to ease Watson back into the NFL.  It sucks that he has to return to the NFL  IN HOUSTON, but it's good that he gets to return against the Texans, the league's worst team.  I'm looking forward to watching because I just don't know what's going to happen.  I expect that he'll seem rusty and unsure at times...but he might look good.  Who knows for sure?  

For lots of reasons, not the least of which is opponent quality, we cannot lose this game!   I'm pretty certain that beating them is not going to mean anything in relation to a playoff push....and losing might improve our draft status (which in turn, improves their 1st round pick from us)  but we just cannot let them beat us, for those...lots of reasons.

When I was 15 I was fucking my Mom's hot  38 year old single friend Lois, and Lois's hot 15 year old daughter at the same time. I was also fucking my Mom's 44 year old friend Carol Brown

On August 7th, 1969 all three women and my parents found out about this shit all at once.

My Dad's only concern was that I was wearing a rubber, which pissed my Mom off even more.

All four of these women piled on me unmercifullessly for what seemed like an eternity every insult, swear word and low-life inference that you can imagine.

I think this may be part.of the reason I really am impervious to Watson's own penis journey.

Let's be honest, the cock is the real boss in this world. 

3 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

All four of these women piled on me unmercifullessly for what seemed like an eternity every insult, swear word and low-life inference that you can imagine.

...so these women didn't know that you were bonking them?  You did this while they were sleeping?   Or in some other vegetative state? 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

Lol, I always thought it was a subordinate to baby's treat

6 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

When I was 15 I was fucking my Mom's hot  38 year old single friend Lois, and Lois's hot 15 year old daughter at the same time. I was also fucking my Mom's 44 year old friend Carol Brown

On August 7th, 1969 all three women and my parents found out about this shit all at once.

My Dad's only concern was that I was wearing a rubber, which pissed my Mom off even more.

I think this may be part.of the reason I really am impervious to Watson's own penis journey.

Is it “Ghoolie” or Dustin Hoffman?

• Haha 1

On 11/30/2022 at 10:54 PM, Orion said:

This is a team that the BROWNS can actually beat up on and have some fun ....... why not.    BROWNS win 40-16 !

And we can finally see what all the fuss is abouI with our  "new"  franchise quarterback.   The pressure is OFF lets have some fun playing football. 

GO BROWNS,  "are you ready for some football "     I am !  :D

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mjp28 said:

This is a team that the BROWNS can actually beat up on and have some fun ....... why not.    BROWNS win 40-16

So, would you suggest opening up with a bomb?  

I would like us to win this game handily....but honestly, I just wanna get the hell outa there with a win of any kind and a game under Watson's belt.  (does that just sound wrong or what...)   :)

• Upvote 1

Back to football. We should enjoy a Browns win Sunday. 9-7? I am holding out. 

Without a doubt the Browns will occupy a lot of the media Sunday and Monday. Watson can have a career day and the attention will be on his pecker.

One thing after another has been heaped upon us, and we take it. We listen to fuck shit about the Cowboys, Steelers and Pat's, from fans who never showed up until the winning started

So lookie here, very few could endure the spotlight Watson has been put under. I sure as hell have a lot to be ashamed of in my life, and you know goddamned well tons of players today are just as fucked up as Watson.

So, if you still want to debate his character, I understand. However, we have taken enough shit. I want Watson to tear it up for us.

And think of it this way, winning with Mr happy ending will make it even more enjoyable rubbing it in everyone's face.

Go Browns.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

you know goddamned well tons of players today are just as fucked up as Watson.   Absolutely.  In one way or another.

So, if you still want to debate his character, I understand. However

...the character of a football player.  right?  Since when has that ever been the criteria for who starts and who doesn't?  Or who's drafted and who isn't.  No, it's always been, can they play football to a high level?  Can they stay out of jail?  But now-a-days there's all kinds of social media 'insiders' looking for 'scoops' to blab about so their names are always alive in a news feed.  The higher the profile of the player, the more they're scrutinized for something to blab about.   

For Watson                                       Over or Under

238 yards passing                        under

25 completions                             over

3 passing TD's                               under

30 yards rushing                            under

2 rushing TD's                               under

3 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

My mom sold party plan jewelry and always had a team of older women working for her. It was a fucking field day for me back then. I don't know why but I had a lot of fun.

Question for you Mr G.  (if you can or care to answer, PM if you want)  was your dad (JV) an usher at our church  -and-  was your mother  (MV) one of those amazing ladies that made the   BEST    pyrogies with onions and butter in Youngstown and even all of Ohio ?  The ladies that made them by the thousands in the basement of the building across the street from our beautiful church  ?

They were an amazing fund raiser for building the  "new"  church in Austintown, Ohio  for all those many years.  I know that i ate my share from when i was about 10 until i was welll into my teenage years.  Oh those years it seemed like forever for us but went by in a flash and i graduated and starled at YSU in 1968.

CCD classes, Ukrainian language classes and those years with Mrs Bilon among others.  Then when the new church was complete  they split the parishioners up between the two ...... and nothing was really the same after that.   Oh well progress I guess,  the main excuse when some things just. "happen".    mjp.  

.... edit note, I can see where we sat during every mass we attended,   1st picture by the 1st side window. 

2016-10-17 (3).jpg

2022-04-08.jpg

2016-10-17 (1).jpg

2016-10-17.jpg

7 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Question for you Mr G.  (if you can or care to answer, PM if you want)  was your dad (JV) an usher at our church  -and-  was your mother  (MV) one of those amazing ladies that made the   BEST    pyrogies with onions and butter in Youngstown and even all of Ohio ?  The ladies that made them by the thousands in the basement of the building across the street from our beautiful church  ?

They were an amazing fund raiser for building the  "new"  church in Austintown, Ohio  for all those many years.  I know that i ate my share from when i was about 10 until i was welll into my teenage years.  Oh those years it seemed like forever for us but went by in a flash and i graduated and starled at YSU in 1968.

CCD classes, Ukrainian language classes and those years with Mrs Bilon among others.  Then when the new church was complete  they split the parishioners up between the two ...... and nothing was really the same after that.   Oh well progress I guess,  the main excuse when some things just. "happen".    mjp.  

.... edit note, I can see where we sat during every mass we attended,   1st picture by the 1st side window. 

2016-10-17 (3).jpg

2022-04-08.jpg

2016-10-17 (1).jpg

2016-10-17.jpg

Michael, I am happy to answer your questions as they are from my origins as well.

I don't know that my Dad, Charley was ever an usher, perhaps on a filli in occasion. He contributed to the church more in the way of handyman, and special building/decoration  projects. I will post a couple photos for you.

My Mom was very active for a time, 1960-1970 in making pyrohy in the basement kitchen. When Helen Zarconi became the self-imposed ruler of the pyrohy brigade, my Mom, and a few others also departed. Lol, Pyrohy Wars for reality TV if it was today.

For whatever reason my Mom sent me to St. Brendan's so while my Ukrainian heritage was my foundation, I had to go through the motions with the Roman Catholic horseshit. Often times creating weird conflicts. For instance my First Communion was at Holy Trinity, but I had to sit through the same classes at school and have 2 group photos.

I learned Ukrainian from my family and never attended CCD or Ukrainian classes.

Regarding St. Anne's, this was a sore spot for my family and a lot of old timers.

Mrgr. Adamiak was a visionary. In the 60s he recognized that the inner city was going to die. He single handedly arra get the purchase of the land in Austintown, and sold his higher ups on his future plan to build a new church, full 1-8 school, and all the associated accoutrements.

If you remember the swimming facility, Rose Lake which sat on the property, was a popular summer resort spot and generator of revenue.

Adamiak built the first complex with some of the school and a big gym and cafeteria room to have receptions and serve as a makeshift church until the full blown, new Byzantine style church could be built.

At that point the Ukie/Byzantine authorities screwed Mrgr. Adamiak, took the St. Anne project away from him and turned it over to newly appointed, asshole, Father Walter.

Walter was a power hungry narcissist and an underachiever. He closed Rose lake because the people he appointed to manage it caused the water to be contaminated (tried to save money on treatment), and the full school and new church were never built.

While less than 2 miles from home I never once in 25 years even thought about going to Mass there, and always drove to our roots on Rayen. Father Lubomyr is there now and seems to be faithful to what once was. I buried my Mom w service there in 2017. It was surreal for me because as the service progressed, all the voices and faces you hint at we alive and calling out to me.

Long live Holy Trinity.

8 hours ago, Orion said:

...the character of a football player.  right?  Since when has that ever been the criteria for who starts and who doesn't?  Or who's drafted and who isn't.  No, it's always been, can they play football to a high level?  Can they stay out of jail?  But now-a-days there's all kinds of social media 'insiders' looking for 'scoops' to blab about so their names are always alive in a news feed.  The higher the profile of the player, the more they're scrutinized for something to blab about.   

It isn't as though we are being immoral or hypocritical either. The media decides who they want to persecute and who they want to shield.

The greatest of all time, #32 had his share of this stuff.

I am a "let he who is without sin cast the first stone" practitioner.

For those who think this is a sacrifice of standards for the sake of football, I ask this;

Are you so righteous that before you allow your plane to take off, you demand the spotlight of morality be cast upon the pilot? Do you demand these standards of your bar tender, or the chef who prepares your food? Do you demand this transparency from your Amazon driver? Mechanic? Neighbor? Veterinarian Pharmacist?

Add $$ and no court cases to this, and it smells like the story of a horny young man and 23+ gold digging whores. Isn't it amazing that none of this supposed sick behavior happened before Watson was wealthy?

Critics? Play ball and shut your fucking mouths already. If this shit bothers you so much, go find another fucking team.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, mjp28 said:

2016-10-17 (3).jpg

2022-04-08.jpg

2016-10-17 (1).jpg

2016-10-17.jpg

31 minutes ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

Michael, I am happy to answer your questions as they are from my origins as well.

I don't know that my Dad, Charley was ever an usher, perhaps on a filli in occasion. He contributed to the church more in the way of handyman, and special building/decoration  projects. I will post a couple photos for you.

My Mom was very active for a time, 1960-1970 in making pyrohy in the basement kitchen. When Helen Zarconi became the self-imposed ruler of the pyrohy brigade, my Mom, and a few others also departed. Lol, Pyrohy Wars for reality TV if it was today.

For whatever reason my Mom sent me to St. Brendan's so while my Ukrainian heritage was my foundation, I had to go through the motions with the Roman Catholic horseshit. Often times creating weird conflicts. For instance my First Communion was at Holy Trinity, but I had to sit through the same classes at school and have 2 group photos.

I learned Ukrainian from my family and never attended CCD or Ukrainian classes.

Regarding St. Anne's, this was a sore spot for my family and a lot of old timers.

Mrgr. Adamiak was a visionary. In the 60s he recognized that the inner city was going to die. He single handedly arra get the purchase of the land in Austintown, and sold his higher ups on his future plan to build a new church, full 1-8 school, and all the associated accoutrements.

If you remember the swimming facility, Rose Lake which sat on the property, was a popular summer resort spot and generator of revenue.

Adamiak built the first complex with some of the school and a big gym and cafeteria room to have receptions and serve as a makeshift church until the full blown, new Byzantine style church could be built.

At that point the Ukie/Byzantine authorities screwed Mrgr. Adamiak, took the St. Anne project away from him and turned it over to newly appointed, asshole, Father Walter.

Walter was a power hungry narcissist and an underachiever. He closed Rose lake because the people he appointed to manage it caused the water to be contaminated (tried to save money on treatment), and the full school and new church were never built.

While less than 2 miles from home I never once in 25 years even thought about going to Mass there, and always drove to our roots on Rayen. Father Lubomyr is there now and seems to be faithful to what once was. I buried my Mom w service there in 2017. It was surreal for me because as the service progressed, all the voices and faces you hint at we alive and calling out to me.

Long live Holy Trinity.

Hospodi Pomiloi!

You guys brought back a lot of memories!

I'm so old I remember the little rectory adjacent to the church before they tore it down and built the addition in the back. Behind the church was a parking lot I believe.

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

Lol.

When I was a young amtar boy, we would march 3 times around the church at dark, early morning Easter Mass. My cousin, Pat Bilon held the tall brass pole with the crucifix on top.

I was amazed to learn there was another Holy Trinity Ukie here. But THREE of us? Holy shit.

11 hours ago, Vambo said:

For Watson                                       Over or Under

238 yards passing                        under

25 completions                             over

3 passing TD's                               under

30 yards rushing                            under

2 rushing TD's                               under

Over barely.

Best bet is #2 being under.  We will play from ahead and this will be Chubb/Hunt 40 times type game. 

Under

Over.  I think he has a couple big runs. 

Under 

Browns at Texans

TE David Njoku (knee) has been ruled out for the Browns, but everyone else on the active roster is set to play.

The Texans ruled out WR Brandin Cooks (calf) and CB Derek Stingley (hamstring). RB Rex Burkhead (concussion) is listed as questionable.

Rex BURKhead

has a BAD head

had to BE said

On 12/1/2022 at 7:15 AM, Dutch Oven said:

That's a very good question!  The only thing I can come up with is that #24-32 are still awaiting their bye week.  

Under seems very live in this game (47)- what do you all think?

Deshaun will have some rust.  Gameplan will be vanilla.  Lots of runs. 

Njoku out. 

Texans top WR out they will run because Pierce is good but that will eat clock. 

Browns want to get out of here with a win.  I see a 24-13 type game