THE BROWNS BOARD

Grossi on The State of the Browns as the Season Comes to a Thud

Dutch Oven

11 minutes ago, Orion said:

...just finished watching (and loudly listening) to Heroes.  Bowie and his band were capable of such incredible greatness....

ya they were a great band saw him a few times on his seriously midnight tour and last time nine inch nails opened for him

9 hours ago, Orion said:

From what we've seen, he'll want someone who'll do it his way...DePodesta's way.  Haslam likes it that way.  So, that right there limits your pool.  We have a pretty smart, articulate coach that seems to be able to align with Berry and cope with the system.  He might be the best fit for the situation.  I don't know how much better a coach Haslam and DePo could land...but they could sure fuck it up

Spot on.  That means they're not at all interested in Sean Payton for anyone thinking that far out of the box.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Flugel said:

If they turn Watson into a bad QB, I could finally see Haslam replacing Depodesta and Berry with Cheech and Chong.

At least they don't have the dummy Quarterback Whisperer around to totally screw him up.

10 hours ago, Flugel said:

Spot on.  That means they're not at all interested in Sean Payton for anyone thinking that far out of the box.

And on flip side, there isn't a chance in hell Sean Payton would put up with Moneyball telling him how to coach. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

And on flip side, there isn't a chance in hell Sean Payton would put up with Moneyball telling him how to coach. 

Exactly!  They know this, which was why I've been saying this for weeks that there's no chance Payton wants to come here.  Why would he walk his all his football credentials and resume to the edge of a plank for a guy like Depodesta who knows far less about an NFL passing game than he does?

29 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Yep!  Only younger and impressionable candidates 

Agreed.  That being the case, 1 guy I could think of that would be worth bringing in for an interview (considering he has 2 QBs that were 1st round draft picks) is Clemson's Dabo Swinney.  He put Nick Saban and 4 consecutive #1 draft classes in check mate with Watson.  He also did it to an Ohio State team the week before. 

That said, if he has to undergo a lobotomy so that Depodesta has more football knowledge - that'll be a hard no too.

Edited by Flugel
typos