THE BROWNS BOARD

Mild Garrett

I never liked this guy. From the moment he made a video asking Jerry Jones to "put a couple picks together" and take him away from Cleveland I thought he was a low life.

Many, maybe most, we're so happy to have a QB terrorizer #1 #1 that they pooh pooh'd  his classless bullshit as "just youth".

Back in the day I labeled Garrett as a Zumba instructor. I saw him, and still do, as a well-muscled, high energy dancer with absolutely no character, no drive, and sadly, no contempt for losing.

This motherfucker is absolutely the most ambivalent football player who has ever put on a helmet.

He admitted to not playing hard every play in college and he has brought that to the Browns. He is not a disrupter on the field but is now shown as one off the field and on the sidelines.

He is a one trick pony and NFL linemen have wiped their ass with him. While he has perceived value we should trade this piece of shit.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

I never liked this guy. From the moment he made a video asking Jerry Jones to "put a couple picks together" and take him away from Cleveland I thought he was a low life.

Many, maybe most, we're so happy to have a QB terrorizer #1 #1 that they pooh pooh'd  his classless bullshit as "just youth".

Back in the day I labeled Garrett as a Zumba instructor. I saw him, and still do, as a well-muscled, high energy dancer with absolutely no character, no drive, and sadly, no contempt for losing.

This motherfucker is absolutely the most ambivalent football player who has ever put on a helmet.

He admitted to not playing hard every play in college and he has brought that to the Browns. He is not a disrupter on the field but is now shown as one off the field and on the sidelines.

He is a one trick pony and NFL linemen have wiped their ass with him. While he has perceived value we should trade this piece of shit.

Guy, seriously. Think about what Kosar did because of his love of the Browns. How did this ever get past Browns fans? In the 70s and 80s we would have been outraged by this cocksucker. He tells Jerry Jones that "Dak Prescott is leading our team?"

I am not looking to stir shit, but I absolutely loather this cocksucker, and yes, I swear to you, at 68 I would step into a ring with this **MASK**. Fuck, I hate this motherfucker.

4 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

They would have turned him into Tim Couch. 

When the Browns took Couch, Andy Reid took Donovan McNabb and developed the lad (as he once developed Favre and later developed Mahomes). Philly had the worst record in the NFL in 98 but since the Browns re-entered the league they had the 1st pick.  After the Eagles were that bad, Reid took a guy from the same type of college offense Favre came out of at So Miss and McNabb led the to the playoffs 8-9 times out of his 1st 10 years, reaching 5 Conference Championships and the Super Bowl once.   While you want the guy that eventually wins it all - some will say McNabb wasn't enough.  No argument with that; but winning that consistently vrs what this franchise went through sure would have had more guys confident/happy about coming here.

The Browns?  There's a T-shirt of countless young QB failures in Cleveland showing what happens right after their FO selects/acquires a young QB in life after Kosar.

Does anyone really think if they drafted the right QB (even if by accident) that they would get out of him what Buffalo got out of Josh Allen or KC has gotten out of Mahomes? Mahomes didn't start as a rookie (unless they rested Alex Smith for a game before the playoffs).  And Allen had some early growing pains the knuckleheads in this organization would have given up on; while Buffalo had the people in place from top (FO) to bottom (Coaching Staff).  They understood WHY they wanted him and what needed to be done to get to that WHY.  

We're not going anywhere with the sum of Haslam + Depodesta + Stefanski = Uh-oh.  This preseason football for next year shows me it doesn't matter what QB they bring here to ruin - they're gonna get that done.  The Browns were averaging over 25 points per game with a career backup before the bye week only because they didn't know very much about Brissett. After the bye week, that went under 25 points.  When they finally got their hands on their version of football messiah (Deshaun Watson) -  they're showing me they have no idea how to use him.  And how about this?  In the countless 4th down short yardage conversions Brissett has made - they brought him in cold off the bench on 4th and 1.  Keep in mind, he wasn't warmed up or anything and instead of allowing him to be the gimme conversion in that situation - they throw downfield and miss by a country mile.  They have absolutely no idea how to orchestrate this passing game they deem so important here, which Dutch is doing a great job of pointing out in another thread. When you HAVE to convert a 4th and 3 or so, that's not the time to throw longer passes or the ones you're already having trouble with on a day with wind chills piercing 15 degrees below 0.  Isn't this supposed to be a TE friendly offense?  Friendly to who?    That might be the most disappointing position on this offense right now.  When the Browns did throw into the end zone with enough accuracy to hit 3 different Receivers in the hands - they all turned into Edward Scissorhands.  The people running the shit-show have no clue about the game and how harsh weather off the lake impacts the game plan.  The Saints team that plays in a Dome had the better understanding and it showed. The Browns' game plan forfeited the homefield advantage and kicked the ain't right out of the Saints.

Edited by Flugel
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

Guy, seriously. Think about what Kosar did because of his love of the Browns. How did this ever get past Browns fans? In the 70s and 80s we would have been outraged by this cocksucker. He tells Jerry Jones that "Dak Prescott is leading our team?"

I am not looking to stir shit, but I absolutely loather this cocksucker, and yes, I swear to you, at 68 I would step into a ring with this **MASK**. Fuck, I hate this motherfucker.

Wow.  Draft me please. Give a couple of picks to Cleveland, "make it happen".

Sad fact, he's not the only one. No draftee wants to come here.

20 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

He's a big dude. I was gonna suggest you better wear a helmet if you stand a chance, but that may be to his advantage if you know what I mean.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Flugel said:

When the Browns took Couch, Andy Reid took Donovan McNabb and developed the lad (as he once developed Favre and later developed Mahomes). Philly had the worst record in the NFL in 98 but since the Browns re-entered the league they had the 1st pick.  After the Eagles were that bad, Reid took a guy from the same type of college offense Favre came out of at So Miss and McNabb led the to the playoffs 8-9 times out of his 1st 10 years, reaching 5 Conference Championships and the Super Bowl once.   While you want the guy that eventually wins it all - some will say McNabb wasn't enough.  No argument with that; but winning that consistently vrs what this franchise went through sure would have had more guys confident/happy about coming here.

The Browns?  There's a T-shirt of countless young QB failures in Cleveland showing what happens right after their FO selects/acquires a young QB in life after Kosar.

Does anyone really think if they drafted the right QB (even if by accident) that they would get out of him what Buffalo got out of Josh Allen or KC has gotten out of Mahomes? Mahomes didn't start as a rookie (unless they rested Alex Smith for a game before the playoffs).  And Allen had some early growing pains the knuckleheads in this organization would have given up on; while Buffalo had the people in place from top (FO) to bottom (Coaching Staff).  They understood WHY they wanted him and what needed to be done to get to that WHY.  

We're not going anywhere with the sum of Haslam + Depodesta + Stefanski = Uh-oh.  This preseason football for next year shows me it doesn't matter what QB they bring here to ruin - they're gonna get that done.  The Browns were averaging over 25 points per game with a career backup before the bye week only because they didn't know very much about Brissett. After the bye week, that went under 25 points.  When they finally got their hands on their version of football messiah (Deshaun Watson) -  they're showing me they have no idea how to use him.  And how about this?  In the countless 4th down short yardage conversions Brissett has made - they brought him in cold off the bench on 4th and 1.  Keep in mind, he wasn't warmed up or anything and instead of allowing him to be the gimme conversion in that situation - they throw downfield and miss by a country mile.  They have absolutely no idea how to orchestrate this passing game they deem so important here, which Dutch is doing a great job of pointing out in another thread. When you HAVE to convert a 4th and 3 or so, that's not the time to throw longer passes or the ones you're already having trouble with on a day with wind chills piercing 15 degrees below 0.  Isn't this supposed to be a TE friendly offense?  Friendly to who?    That might be the most disappointing position on this offense right now.  When the Browns did throw into the end zone with enough accuracy to hit 3 different Receivers in the hands - they all turned into Edward Scissorhands.  The people running the shit-show have no clue about the game and how harsh weather off the lake impacts the game plan.  The Saints team that plays in a Dome had the better understanding and it showed. The Browns' game plan forfeited the homefield advantage and kicked the ain't right out of the Saints.

Absolutely 100% correct Tom. Your post gives me a headache thinking of all the great talent we acquired and never developed. Who knows what this team could have been with proper leadership and guidance?

• Thanks 1

On 12/30/2022 at 11:51 AM, FY56 said:

He's a big dude. I was gonna suggest you better wear a helmet if you stand a chance, but that may be to his advantage if you know what I mean.

Made me laugh. Here is why I hate him. First off, for whatever reason it is, I have more often than not lived my life with very little concern for self-preservation.

I am not thumping my chest in some idiotic, macho, "look at me, I'm the stadium badass" fit of rage, but in general I don't worry about shit, and I don't fear anything. 

I don't purposely look for things that will harm me, but if I do something I believe in, I don't care about the outcome. It is the doing that is important to me in this life.

I leather Garrett because he will never achieve what his worth is because he is lackadaisical.

If Haslam asked Kosar to suit up and start tomorrow, I promise you Kosar would suit up. I promise you the fear of getting pounded would not prevent him from doing what he loved just one more time.

THAT, is what makes a man, a man. The outcome doesn't mean jack shit.

Am I fucking around with talks of stepping into the ring with Garrett? Absolutely not. I hate what he is and what he represents. Fuck him, and fuck everyone who is blessed with skill and chooses to do a half asked job of using it.

On 12/30/2022 at 1:39 PM, Neo said:

Also, good luck with that.

15garrett-suspension-promo-superJumbo-v3.jpg

Thats what I was alluding to in the last part of my post as it pertains to Ghoolie wearing a helmet.... but that may be to his advantage if you know what I mean.

Such a chicken shit thing he did, but who better to do it to than a Steeler.

38 minutes ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

Made me laugh. Here is why I hate him. First off, for whatever reason it is, I have more often than not lived my life with very little concern for self-preservation.

I am not thumping my chest in some idiotic, macho, "look at me, I'm the stadium badass" fit of rage, but in general I don't worry about shit, and I don't fear anything. 

I don't purposely look for things that will harm me, but if I do something I believe in, I don't care about the outcome. It is the doing that is important to me in this life.

I leather Garrett because he will never achieve what his worth is because he is lackadaisical.

If Haslam asked Kosar to suit up and start tomorrow, I promise you Kosar would suit up. I promise you the fear of getting pounded would not prevent him from doing what he loved just one more time.

THAT, is what makes a man, a man. The outcome doesn't mean jack shit.

Am I fucking around with talks of stepping into the ring with Garrett? Absolutely not. I hate what he is and what he represents. Fuck him, and fuck everyone who is blessed with skill and chooses to do a half asked job of using it.

If I'm not mistaken, didn't you spar with Ernie Shavers?

2 hours ago, FY56 said:

If I'm not mistaken, didn't you spar with Ernie Shavers?

Maybe he did,  Shavers could take your head off with one punch.

TRUE STORY  -  One of my millwrights (at US Steel) circa 1975+ was earlier in golden gloves with Shavers.  He told me in one fight Shavers was in the ring with a kind of cocky fighter.   He danced, Shavers waited then ONE punch .... his mouthpiece went flying out of the ring.  KO. 

Shavers should have beat  Ali for the belt.  His corner should have told him to finish Ali .... they didn't. 

Still a puncher in that Era of Heavyweights.   Plenty of stories like this.

53 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Maybe he did,  Shavers could take your head off with one punch.

TRUE STORY  -  One of my millwrights (at US Steel) circa 1975+ was earlier in golden gloves with Shavers.  He told me in one fight Shavers was in the ring with a kind of cocky fighter.   He danced, Shavers waited then ONE punch .... his mouthpiece went flying out of the ring.  KO. 

Shavers should have beat  Ali for the belt.  His corner should have told him to finish Ali .... they didn't. 

Still a puncher in that Era of Heavyweights.   Plenty of stories like this.

Hard was an understatement. With a rib protector and big gloves I was still black and blue. No machismo here, all.stupidity.