THE BROWNS BOARD

Is Joe Woods gone yet ?

7moses7

10 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Splitting hairs I suppose, but I'd fire DePidesta first. Let Berry & Stefanski run the team.

Weird thing is the Browns starting LBs all go down with injury and the backups did fairly well, all the while with a substandard interior D line.

Woods adjusted I think, but waaaaaay too late 

1 hour ago, Bob806 said:

Splitting hairs I suppose, but I'd fire DePidesta first. Let Berry & Stefanski run the team.

Weird thing is the Browns starting LBs all go down with injury and the backups did fairly well, all the while with a substandard interior D line.

Woods adjusted I think, but waaaaaay too late 

Maybe.

DePud  seems like hes had the haslam's ear for a long time. Who knows whose idea was to waste the treasure on Watson? Personnel wise that's the guy I would fire 1st.

WSS

5 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Maybe.

DePud  seems like hes had the haslam's ear for a long time. Who knows whose idea was to waste the treasure on Watson? Personnel wise that's the guy I would fire 1st.

WSS

Yeah I'm wondering if DePodesta is some kind of salary cap whiz. His usefulness to we fans is over, the tanking is well over.

Regarding DW, he's got a long way to go. Looks a bit lost at times.

7 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

Yeah I'm wondering if DePodesta is some kind of salary cap whiz. His usefulness to we fans is over, the tanking is well over.

DePuds  Claim to fame is getting lucky with the baseball team that almost won the championship. As for DW I'm more concerned with the deal than his actual play. So whoever thought that was a good idea…

WSS

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Yep, I think Kev gets another year but his seat is getting warm.

In hindsight, the Browns finished with a worse record than an injured Mayfield 2021 season.

Somehow we were told that “we are just a QB upgrade away from being a contender” fable.

However, as long as Depud stays in place the scenery will stay the same.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

In hindsight, the Browns finished with a worse record than an injured Mayfield 2021 season.

Somehow we were told that “we are just a QB upgrade away from being a contender” fable.

Rust. It was the rust.

• Haha 3

51 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

He looks washed up to be honest...

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

sad, but right on point. How many wrong choices of HC does it take to realize it's who picks the coaches that is the problem? And it's true - the pitiful Mayfield playing with a broken shoulder experiment failed, and still they won more games than this year. And THAT is WITHOUT a star wideout - Amari Cooper. Without Cooper, watson would have been a worse dud.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

sad, but right on point. How many wrong choices of HC does it take to realize it's who picks the coaches that is the problem? And it's true - the pitiful Mayfield playing with a broken shoulder experiment failed, and still they won more games than this year. And THAT is WITHOUT a star wideout - Amari Cooper. Without Cooper, watson would have been a worse dud.

Watson looks washed up already. Id rather start Brissett next season...

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

Gotta give Watson a full year a starter before I make any judgements.  

He's garbage...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SdBacker80 said:

It is Official.

Woods relieved of his duties as D Coordinator 

And like the old saying goes ....  "it's easier to get rid of one coach than   _ _  (?) number of players "....  but in this case it seems to be a step in the right direction. 

Would the awful play caller might be next ?   R sure seemed like a good idea this past season. 

I'll just say it right now... I expect no better results next year... Haslam still owns it and Shithispantski  is still part of of it...

1 hour ago, FY56 said:

That was a playoff game for the Steelers. A must win.

We did have a QB once that beat the Steelers in their house in a playoff game, so it can be done.

Didn't realize Watson played defense too. That blown coverage was an absolute back breaker. Nick Chubb hardly used. Yeah, Watson made some bad throws but is hardly the sole reason for the loss.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

And like the old saying goes ....  "it's easier to get rid of one coach than   _ _  (?) number of players "....  but in this case it seems to be a step in the right direction. 

Would the awful play caller might be next ?   R sure seemed like a good idea this past season. 

I for one would like to see Stefanski get that offensive play calling sheet away from his face, and actually see what’s going on.

It seems he can’t relinquish his former life as an OC.

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

I for one would like to see Stefanski get that offensive play calling sheet away from his face, and actually see what’s going on.

It seems he can’t relinquish his former life as an OC.

Man, this is it for me too. I'm all for giving Stef one more year as I have been an unwilling passenger on the Browns' new Head Coach carrousel before and all it does is make us sick. 

But he has got to give away play calling in my eyes to have any chance at being successful. If he is allowed to call plays next year, he will compete to be the first Head Coach fired in early November. 

• Upvote 1

I was never a Joe Woods fan. Never an in game adjustment. As for Stefanski I  agree with  the above statements he needs to give up the play calling! Just be the head coach! Get in the ears of the coordinators,coaches,players, and the REFs!!!! He needs to have more fire🔥 AND put more BOOTS TO ASSES!!! OR hire a defensive coordinator who can!?

GO BROWNS!!!

53 minutes ago, BrownsnMopar said:

I was never a Joe Woods fan. Never an in game adjustment. As for Stefanski I  agree with  the above statements he needs to give up the play calling! Just be the head coach! Get in the ears of the coordinators,coaches,players, and the REFs!!!! He needs to have more fire🔥 AND put more BOOTS TO ASSES!!! OR hire a defensive coordinator who can!?

GO BROWNS!!!

I don't disagree, but in this era I'm not sure the players accept an " in your face" type style. 

If anybody needs that it's our LT Wills. That guy appears to have no motivation.

• Upvote 1

To the people trashing Watson because he missed two years of football, just wondering why Mayfield gets a pass for playing on an injured shoulder. The coach never made him sit out so the next logical person is Mayfield. If he knew he wasn't 100% and still played, he pretty much fucked the season.

But we already know why and it's has nothing to do with talent level. 

11 minutes ago, Neo said:

To the people trashing Watson because he missed two years of football, just wondering why Mayfield gets a pass for playing on an injured shoulder. The coach never made him sit out so the next logical person is Mayfield. If he knew he wasn't 100% and still played, he pretty much fucked the season.

But we already know why and it's has nothing to do with talent level. 

1. Mayfield won more games his injured year than the browns this year.

2. Being off two years WAS SOLELY watson's OWN FAULT.

3. 230 million GUARANTEED and THREE FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICKS for somebody who has "rust" ?

4. watson got sacked all his career at a very high rate. That includes college, with no "rust" excuse.

5. Face it, he  did NOT want to play for the browns. They should NEVER have given him that historically huge contract.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Being off two years WAS SOLELY watson's OWN FAULT.

So Mayfield's injury not his own fault? Because I remember him taking on a DB with a full head of steam. Instead of playing hero, he should have let him go, or learn how to tackle properly. What about choosing to play injured and not getting his shoulder repaired, not his fault?

I'm so sick of hearing people complaining about Watson. If you actually watched yesterday's game, the Browns were pass heavy which meant Steelers just pinned their ears back and went after Watson. The way the game was flowing is points were hard to come by, Steelers offense wasn't doing much. The blown coverage for a TD in a tight game was a killer, I didn't see how they would recover from that considering how well the D was playing early on. Giving that touchdown up had to be deflating. Watson made some costly mistakes but he also escaped countless sacks and had a big play called back on a penalty. I just don't see how Watson shoulders a majority of the blame for the loss.