THE BROWNS BOARD

Not g00d - Cameron Jordan says what a lot of others are thinking?

calfoxwc

The ownership/front office plague? watson refused to come play for the Browns, too. Until the $$$$$$$$$$ hit an all time historic high.......

https://www.brownsnation.com/cameron-jordan-takes-shot-at-browns-in-response-to-free-agency-question/

Cameron Jordan Takes Shot At Browns In Response To Free Agency Question

Perception unfortunately is reality and if this perception starts to spread throughout free agents, then the Browns will have successfully turned back the clock to the time where only old players looking for one last pay day or below average players with no other offer show any interest in coming to Cleveland.

Is that the current reality around the league? I guess time will tell.  

Cameron Jordan, defensive end for the New Orleans Saints, is technically under contract with the Saints until 2024, but he didn’t hide his contempt when a fan asked on Twitter if he would be coming to Cleveland at some point in the future.

His opinion appears to be based on Jordan’s recent visit to Cleveland on Christmas Eve when the Saints defeated the Browns.

......so tell him that we'll be getting a retractable roof.   (they're referring to the frozen game)

50 minutes ago, syd said:

fuck him

Sure.  But he doesn't like the  cold.  He's not alone.  We can pretend all we want that everyone wants to play in the feezin' cold because 'football was meant to be played that way'.

• Upvote 2

A guy who is from Arizona, went to Cal and has played his entire career in New Orleans when asked if he'd play in Cleveland right after playing in -15 degree weather there said hell no?

Yeah, must be because of his dislike of the ownership and front office. 😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Orion said:

Sure.  But he doesn't like the  cold.  He's not alone.  We can pretend all we want that everyone wants to play in the feezin' cold because 'football was meant to be played that way'.

Back when Minnesota lost 4 Super Bowls they played all home games outdoors.  The Buffalo Bills who also lost 4 Super Bowls played all their home games outdoors.  

Even worse? The Browns have never made it to a Super Bowl.  Hey Elway, you're not beating us at all today so you know what?  We'll beat ourselves for you. You have 98 yards to go with only 2 minutes left. Welcome to our PREVENT DEFENSE and your HOF career to follow.  However, it was OUTDOORS on the same field the Raiders upset the Browns on during Red Right 88. 

Again, the last time Cleveland even won a playoff game at home was 28 years ago in January of 1995.  

All this talk about not being pussies while the Browns had Raggedy Ann and Andy starting at Defensive Tackle in 2022.  Not to worry though, the Browns are stockpiled with 1 draft pick in the 1st 100 selections this year.  

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Neo said:

I don't think it's a good idea to trash one of the potentially 32 teams that could pay his salary. 

Trashing one team out of 32, big whoop. Someone will pay him.

You mean it's not a good idea to trash the one team that could potentially overpay him to lure him there.

18 hours ago, D Bone said:

Perception unfortunately is reality and if this perception starts to spread throughout free agents, then the Browns will have successfully turned back the clock to the time where only old players looking for one last pay day or below average players with no other offer show any interest in coming to Cleveland.

Is that the current reality around the league? I guess time will tell.  

It already has spread throughout free agents. This from 2019:

NFL Poll: Best, worst cities according to player agents - Sports Illustrated

I was surprised as was noted in the article that Cleveland was not 1 or 2 as the least desirable destination for FA's .

But there was an explanation:

1. Buffalo, 12 votes
2. Oakland, 11
3. Cincinnati, 8
4. Detroit, 7
5. Cleveland, 6

There was some debate about where Cleveland belonged in the ranking. Some agents said Cleveland would have been far and away the least desirable destination for players just two years ago, but the arrival of general manager John Dorsey in late 2017 and Baker Mayfield’s early success bumped them into the middle class of the league.

People make it sound as though a player headed to Cleveland is destined to play in "freezing" conditions 8 games a year,

You do realize that those conditions don't occur until December? And do you also realize, to my recollection that has occurred only once this year, vs. the Saints?

You can argue that weather from fall through most of December provides the player the most comfort. Work up a sweat and it's plenty warm, as opposed to playing in hot weather in those uniforms.... gotta be miserable and there's not much you can do about it.

It appears from the article above that weather is the least important factor.

“There are so many factors to consider and every player is different,” one agent told me, “but typically we look at winning culture/tradition, opportunity [for playing time], income tax laws, market, area of the country, and sometimes weather.”

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FY56 said:

Trashing one team out of 32, big whoop. Someone will pay him.

You mean it's not a good idea to trash the one team that could potentially overpay him to lure him there.

Counterproductive don't you think?🙄 How many people in life do you hear complain about being overpaid?

The article says "Let's Hope"... meaning that there is zero proof such a feeling actually exists.  My bet is Jordan simply decided this negativity by himself. 

Why worry that one belief of one guy is somehow going to spread... now?  They're professional football players.. every single one of them has resisted believing different teammates' random ideas for over 10 years.

Perception may very well become reality, but the reality that already exists is also reality.  There's always worse teams to go to -- MN hasn't fired their DC yet, Chargers have a 100% rate of failure in basically everything, Texans haven't had a good coach in 5 years, etc.

• Upvote 1

There are good attitude athletes and shit attitude athletes but regardless I can't imagine after playing a game with -0 wind chill That any of them would be jonesing to restart their career here.

I remember some of you guys boasting that Clowney made his decision to come to Cleveland so he could play with the great Watson.  Anybody here still love Clowney?  Anybody agree that we love David N'joku better since his attitude improved?

Personally, and many of you probably disagree, but I root more for a guy who at least outwardly pretends hes gung Ho on the city and the fans.

WSS

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

There are good attitude athletes and shit attitude athletes but regardless I can't imagine after playing a game with -0 wind chill That any of them would be jonesing to restart their career here.

I remember some of you guys boasting that Clowney made his decision to come to Cleveland so he could play with the great Watson.  Anybody here still love Clowney?  Anybody agree that we love David N'joku better since his attitude improved?

Personally, and many of you probably disagree, but I root more for a guy who at least outwardly pretends hes gung Ho on the city and the fans.

WSS

Yep. That's one reason Kosar was so loved by the fans- he manipulated the supplemental draft to come here. Jose Ramirez, Joe Thomas, maybe even Austin Carr, they're the exceptions that fans embrace.

We love Cleveland because we live here. I think the outside noise about our area is better than it used to be, but it will probably never be a huge FA attraction or tourist spot in the USA. 

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, syd said:

i never wanted his lazy ass here

when he was in seattle he was known for taking plays or games off

He hasn't mattered to me since before or after... Life goes on... He can go hug Joe Woods's nuts...

On 1/16/2023 at 7:24 PM, syd said:

fuck him

syd,  .... " a man of few words   -but-   right to the point "......   Naturally.    :lol:

• Haha 2