THE BROWNS BOARD

Superbowl might as well be cooking with shit

Shit teams, shit halftime.

again, get ready for a show dedicated to social activism: Bill's player down, Tyre Nichols, moments of silence, cop reform, celebrations of two black QBs for the first time in NFL history, two brothers playing against each other, (bring out their Mom) and of course, Riahnna, another no-talent karaoke singer who will bring her own pile of bullshit to the game.

Oh yeah, don't forget about 56 minutes of football followed by 4 minutes of referees inventing bullshit that no ody has ever heard of before.

Fuck the NFL, and Fuck the Superbowl.

I have no idea what halftime performance is happening.  I guess I’ve been living under a rock the past couple months.  

This Eagles team - I believe is one of the best Super Bowl teams that I can remember.  Their offense is clicking- I absolutely love their offensive line play.   I expect Andy Reid to do everything he can make this a competitive game.  I am actually looking forward to the matchup. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

I hope you enjoy it. I just have no reason or interest to watch.

I feel that way about all NFL games that don't involve the Browns.  I wake up early.  Usually around 1-2 AM, thus I go to bed early, like 6:30-7 early, so I suspect things won't drag out much past normal, Super bowl or not.  I would rather read for around an hour over watching a non Browns game.  I am a SEC fan.  I did manage to stay up to watch Georgia's run to the title.

3 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

I have no idea what halftime performance is happening.  I guess I’ve been living under a rock the past couple months.  

This Eagles team - I believe is one of the best Super Bowl teams that I can remember.  Their offense is clicking- I absolutely love their offensive line play.   I expect Andy Reid to do everything he can make this a competitive game.  I am actually looking forward to the matchup. 

Don't forget their D. They had best pass defense in the regular season, most sacks, and were third in turnover ratio. If anyone can stop KC, who have the best pass offense, it is them. Add to that a balanced offense that can rush and pass, up against the Chiefs underwhelming D. 

The Eagles are the clear favorites in my book. 

52 minutes ago, ballpeen said:

I feel that way about all NFL games that don't involve the Browns.  I wake up early.  Usually around 1-2 AM, thus I go to bed early, like 6:30-7 early, so I suspect things won't drag out much past normal, Super bowl or not.  I would rather read for around an hour over watching a non Browns game.  I am a SEC fan.  I did manage to stay up to watch Georgia's run to the title.

I am sympathetic to your style, my friend.

4 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

I hope you enjoy it. I just have no reason or interest to watch.

I actually have some interest in watching the final football game of the 2022-2023  season.   Besides our get-togethers, the final scores, our • GAMEDAY •  tailgating or any other meals and all that other stuff unless you have a particular interest in a team or two it's juit  SB 57  for now.

Well I've seen  every   other Super Bowl game from  I to LVI  so I will have it on that is for sure.

THE SUPER BOWL,  🏈   it's still America's Game !

1 hour ago, Korsou Dawg said:

Don't forget their D. They had best pass defense in the regular season, most sacks, and were third in turnover ratio.

Yes, their pass rush reminds me of the '85 Bears. 

It's going to be interesting, I think Mahomes can dodge it & make plays.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Korsou Dawg said:

Don't forget their D. They had best pass defense in the regular season, most sacks, and were third in turnover ratio. If anyone can stop KC, who have the best pass offense, it is them. Add to that a balanced offense that can rush and pass, up against the Chiefs underwhelming D. 

The Eagles are the clear favorites in my book. 

Something to consider, that I'm working on before placing my bets and as I'm doing my film study. 

- 35 to DET

- 21 to JAX and a fortune play it almost wasn't 30 

- 32 to WSH.  

- 33 to GB. 

- 34 to DAL (with Dak) 

The Eagles have a scary season long trend.  Allow me to further highlight that. 

- Amon Ra St Brown, Zay Jones, Christian Kirk, Scary Terry, Curtis Samuel, Christian Watson, Ceedee Lamb. 

Sure, you can say that it's difficult to cover good receivers.  But Philly has struggled to deal with even competent, or up and down passing attacks since week 1.   Exception being Minnesota. Beyond that they've faced Indy, HOU, PIT, TEN, CHI and NO.    Not exactly a gauntlet of secondary testing games. 

They didn't surrender much to TE's though.  Dalton Schultz, Cole Kmet, Friermuth... All had pretty average days.  Unlike those guys though, Kelce isn't your typical tight end. And Andy Reid's ability to move him far away from the traditional inline Y, much like what they showed against Cincy, speaks to matchup issues. 

I think Philly is the more complete team that can force Coach Spaggs hand defensively.   But if Mahomes' ankle is better, then MVS and JuJu show up ... Philly might not walk away so easily.   At the moment, the Over around 48.5 looks solid. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I actually have some interest in watching the final football game of the 2022-2023  season.   Besides our get-togethers, the final scores, our • GAMEDAY •  tailgating or any other meals and all that other stuff unless you have a particular interest in a team or two it's juit  SB 57  for now.

Well I've seen  every   other Super Bowl game from  I to LVI  so I will have it on that is for sure.

THE SUPER BOWL,  🏈   it's still America's Game !

I have a few hurdles my friend. I'm an old fart and I have a hard time letting go of the great steeler vikings or steeler cowboys era super bowls.

I also cannot stomach urban black Pop culture. Now let me be very clear I am not saying I have a problem at all with black entertainers. However there is a world of difference between Earth wind and fire, Gladys Knight , And the Hootie and the blue fish guy , versus shit like Jay Z, Beyonce, and the rest of that garbage.

What bothers me In addition to the one hour half time bullshit, is that they bring these vulgar artists on, they bleep out their language, or simply pretend that all the vulgar violent shit they sing about never happened. Then, I have to watch guys like Howie Long and Bill Cowher force their enthusiasm for how current, popular and talented these garbage artists are.

Look man I'm not a hypocrite. If one wants to put shit like Rihanna on at the halftime and the rest of these scumbags, don't censor them. Let America hear exactly what they put on their records and exactly what they sell to the people. Don't censor this shit and dumb it down and present it so America thinks to themselves "oh this is not vulgar this is acceptable."

In all honesty what refs have become is also turning me off very strongly to the NFL. These guys are innocuous for 56 minutes and then in the last 4 minutes they come up with the most outlandish bullshit that even Walt Disney could not create.

However, if we are being honest, the days of educated fans like those found here are in the final days. The NFL is turning into the NBA, it is turning into a social event, and people who feed the Kardashian phenomena are now tuning in to the lives, times and styles of the NFL, not having a fucking clue about what they're watching.

I'll always be around, and I'll always be a Brown's fan. However, I have not watched but one of the last 10 super bowls and that was because Cincinnati played.

I really don't give a fuck about this Super Bowl in any capacity.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, syd said:

ah fuck man I will make a bunch of stupid sucker bets have some drinks and plenty o food

Why not,  it is Super Bowl Sunday, last shot at professional football until the preseason games 2023. 

..... unless you want to bet on the pro Bowl flag football game.      :lol:

6 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

I am sympathetic to your style, my friend.

I assume the getting up part and not the SEC part.

In reality it isn't all that much different than I did for years.  In school, some stay up late to cram.  I got up early to cram.  At work, I almost always got to my office by 5AM which meant being up at 4.  I liked the 2-3 hours of quiet time in the mornings.

Now, I just get up when I wake up.  Up earlier this morning, so i may wander back to bed around 2 or so to catch a few more hours.

2 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

I have a few hurdles my friend. I'm an old fart and I have a hard time letting go of the great steeler vikings or steeler cowboys era super bowls.

I also cannot stomach urban black Pop culture. Now let me be very clear I am not saying I have a problem at all with black entertainers. However there is a world of difference between Earth wind and fire, Gladys Knight , And the Hootie and the blue fish guy , versus shit like Jay Z, Beyonce, and the rest of that garbage.

What bothers me In addition to the one hour half time bullshit, is that they bring these vulgar artists on, they bleep out their language, or simply pretend that all the vulgar violent shit they sing about never happened. Then, I have to watch guys like Howie Long and Bill Cowher force their enthusiasm for how current, popular and talented these garbage artists are.

Look man I'm not a hypocrite. If one wants to put shit like Rihanna on at the halftime and the rest of these scumbags, don't censor them. Let America hear exactly what they put on their records and exactly what they sell to the people. Don't censor this shit and dumb it down and present it so America thinks to themselves "oh this is not vulgar this is acceptable."

In all honesty what refs have become is also turning me off very strongly to the NFL. These guys are innocuous for 56 minutes and then in the last 4 minutes they come up with the most outlandish bullshit that even Walt Disney could not create.

However, if we are being honest, the days of educated fans like those found here are in the final days. The NFL is turning into the NBA, it is turning into a social event, and people who feed the Kardashian phenomena are now tuning in to the lives, times and styles of the NFL, not having a fucking clue about what they're watching.

I'll always be around, and I'll always be a Brown's fan. However, I have not watched but one of the last 10 super bowls and that was because Cincinnati played.

I really don't give a fuck about this Super Bowl in any capacity.

I agree on the Black Pop Culture BS... However... I did spend 10 years in a Hip Hop band which was comprised of both black and white members.. They were / are a great bunch of guys who were raised the right way... Didn't do drugs.. Believed in God... And not one had ever used racism as an out... We discussed this at length between us and we agreed ad nauseum about the pitfalls of racism and how it was/is abused.. We joked around between us calling each other the N word because we agreed it was silly... As I have stated in the past... I lived with some of these guys... They were clean , organized and well mannered.. And the best bunch of pals anyone could wish to have.. I have no shame in acknowledging them as "My Brothers" from another..

1 hour ago, ballpeen said:

In reality it isn't all that much different than I did for years.  In school, some stay up late to cram.  I got up early to cram.  At work, I almost always got to my office by 5AM which meant being up at 4.  I liked the 2-3 hours of quiet time in the mornings.

Now, I just get up when I wake up.  Up earlier this morning, so i may wander back to bed around 2 or so to catch a few more hours.

We uncovered a few things, so in no order......

the SEC, I am not a fan because I am an Ohio boy, but the SEC is the best NCAA conference by far. The Big 10 still thinks it is 1958 and they can just close games out with draw plays and screen passes. 

I am in a work holding cell as we speak....I founded a water technology Company and after 5 years and 5.9million raised, we are about to move to CA, build a plant 20 times bigger and take on another 10 mil. In 18 months we will most likely have a sizeable offer to sell. One a 34% owner I am now at %11,.but still, apotentually big stake.

I am also launching 2 books. Don't even get me started, but they came together at the same time. one is about water, the other is called The Perversion Of Science and addresses the bullshit of green, climate, life on other planets.

My last book , Make Money With Your Studio is the 2nd best selling recording studio book of all time. It did really well. It enabled me to buy a 6-ball bolwing ball bag, and garnered me hundreds of dollars. LMAO.

whatever happens with these books I don't give a shit. it took a lot of work and time, so at least it is done.

I don't turn in until 3,4 sometimes 5 am.

later, bro.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, nickers said:

I agree on the Black Pop Culture BS... However... I did spend 10 years in a Hip Hop band which was comprised of both black and white members.. They were / are a great bunch of guys who were raised the right way... Didn't do drugs.. Believed in God... And not one had ever used racism as an out... We discussed this at length between us and we agreed ad nauseum about the pitfalls of racism and how it was/is abused.. We joked around between us calling each other the N word because we agreed it was silly... As I have stated in the past... I lived with some of these guys... They were clean , organized and well mannered.. And the best bunch of pals anyone could wish to have.. I have no shame in acknowledging them as "My Brothers" from another..

That is totally a different issue Nick. I have called you a Dago on more than one occasion, lol. What you are talking about is camaraderie.  I don't loathe hip èhop, I loathe the way they deliver vulgarity.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

We uncovered a few things, so in no order......

the SEC, I am not a fan because I am an Ohio boy, but the SEC is the best NCAA conference by far. The Big 10 still thinks it is 1958 and they can just close games out with draw plays and screen passes. 

I am from Ohio too, but lost that OSU/ Big 10 allegiance decades go.  I finished my schooling in Florida and have lived in SE Tennessee for the last 46 years. Between being a Gator and her a Vol, it is what it is.

7 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

there is a world of difference between Earth wind and fire, Gladys Knight , And the Hootie and the blue fish guy , versus shit like Jay Z, Beyonce, and the rest of that garbage.

I'll second that.

7 minutes ago, Korsou Dawg said:

@Bob806and @tiamat63 make valid points, thanks. Looks like it is going to be a good game. 

I still think the Eagles have a better shot to limit Mahomes, Kelce and Co, than KC has to limit the combined rushing and passing of Philly. Sticking with my pick.

Make no mistake about it - the Iggles are my pick as well.  But the spread has moved quite a bit the last few days.  Was up to 3, now 1.5.  

Where the most noticable was the O/U.  Opened at 48.  Went to 48.5 in 24 hours and now, as of Wednesday at 11am EST, is up to 50.  And I fully believe another full point climb is entirely likely. 

My post was only for a gambling reference. As the Over was, IMO, the safety money to have been made.  Now we're staring down the barrel of it being at a key number (51).  Even 50.5 makes me hesitate.  Those small margins is how Vegas makes a ton of money off people not understanding of the value and power of numbers. 

The negative ML for Philly has shrunk with the spread, as those tend to do.  Last check was -125 down from -135.   If it dips -120, -115ish, I'm likely to ride the safer ML pick.   

I don't believe in much, but I do believe in steady rate of return. 

12 hours ago, ballpeen said:

Lol, YES.

In my travels, I'm truly amazed how SEC fans root for a conference. They think I'm weird because I never root for scUM, Wisconsin,PSU etc.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Something to consider, that I'm working on before placing my bets and as I'm doing my film study. 

- 35 to DET

- 21 to JAX and a fortune play it almost wasn't 30 

- 32 to WSH.  

- 33 to GB. 

- 34 to DAL (with Dak) 

The Eagles have a scary season long trend.  Allow me to further highlight that. 

- Amon Ra St Brown, Zay Jones, Christian Kirk, Scary Terry, Curtis Samuel, Christian Watson, Ceedee Lamb. 

Sure, you can say that it's difficult to cover good receivers.  But Philly has struggled to deal with even competent, or up and down passing attacks since week 1.   Exception being Minnesota. Beyond that they've faced Indy, HOU, PIT, TEN, CHI and NO.    Not exactly a gauntlet of secondary testing games. 

Wow, I really didn't realize that, good points. 

I'm still going with KC. 

39 minutes ago, Bob806 said:
42 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

In my travels, I'm truly amazed how SEC fans root for a conference. They think I'm weird because I never root for scUM, Wisconsin,PSU etc.

It's more of a recent development. 

Until Florida kicked things off, the 20 year stretch from 86 to 06 wasn't kind to the SEC.  

Miami, FL State, Oklahoma, Nebraska, SC dominated the final rankings. 

Bama snuck one in '92 then proceeded to do fuck all for 15 years.  Tennessee got one in '98 then felt more than obliged to follow the 90s/early 2000s Bama model of not being a national power for nearly 2 decades.  Only difference is Bama went on a historic run after they pull themselves back up from mediocrity. 

I had never heard the SEC chant until the late 2000s.  And I figure it still stems from a bit of regional bitterness over General Sherman. But there's also an odd coat-riding mentality that you don't see anywhere outside of their ranks. 

I like a strong conference for good football, but you won't see tOSU fans chanting "B1G" if scUM were to have won a natty. 

• Upvote 2