THE BROWNS BOARD

Thank you to the Haslem's for smoothing the path to a Chiefs dynasty

Pat Mahomo

To the Haslems, and the Browns organization,  on behalf of all Chiefs fans, I want to thank you for signing DeShaun Watson, to an utterly ridiculous fully guaranteed contract.  This brave, heroic and unprecedented act, intended of course to improve the fortunes of the Cleveland Browns, has undboubtedly instead, served to allow the Kansas City Chiefs, a free and clear path to leauge domination for the next decade.

By completely blowing apart the acceptable framework quarterback contracts had been built around, the Browns have inadvertently made the Patrick Mahomes 10 year contract, the biggest bargain in NFL history.  While Kansas City will be able to build and retain a talented roster into perpetuity, other teams, the Browns included, will be trying to compete while dragging the anchors of massive, fully guaranteed, cap strapping, contracts.  

Daniel Jones is asking for 45 million per year.  He threw for 15 TD.  Lamar wants a fully guaranteed deal that exceeds Watsons.  Burrow and Herbert and standing by, waiting to see where their contracts will come in.

And more is coming. 

Kansas City, having secured the services of the best QB in the league VERY long term at an ever more reasonable price, will find the resistance to titles, less and less and less.  

Thank you Haslem Family, Browns Front office and also the Browns fans, without whose unwavering support, this wouldn't be happening.

It's hard enough being a Browns fan, now the SB champs fans are trying to pile on. Stay classy Mahomo nobody wants to hate on the Chiefs, even though they lucked out on that helmet-to-helmet hit non-call that bailed the Chiefs out in the playoff game a couple years ago. 

I'm not going to defend Haslame, he sucks. BUT, his stupid analytic team may have anticipated a huge spike in TV money, pushing the salary cap up, up, up. In 5 years, this DW contract might look like a bargain- of course DW has to play well to validate it. 

We certainly didn’t have just the Chiefs in mind…If DW pans out for us…this isn’t a bad thing for us.

The Ravens have to pay Jackson…he wants DW money and structure.

The Bengals have to pay Burrow.

Two divisional teams that have to pay guys like Tee Higgins and others too.

The Giants are seeing what they have to pay Daniel Jones.

the list goes on…

• Upvote 2

Mahomo, if you are smart enough to know this, then you can bet that box of almost empty Kleenex that you keep by your bed to clean yourself up after you spank your 3" to your autographed Mahomes poster that Pattie knows it too and may have no intention of playing out that 10yr bargain contact.

Sweet dreams. 

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Pat Mahomo said:

....He is going to be that guy that is "rich enough" and would rather stack trophies.  That's the way he is.

Counting chicks before they have hatched is ignorance of the highest order... Injuries can end EVERYTHING!

55 minutes ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

Yikes what a cringe post

It seems strange that a guy whose team has won two Super Bowls in four years feels the need to troll a team that barely ever plays said favorite team. 

But hey, whatever floats his boat, I suppose.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, BernieSuperBowl2 said:

Trolling Browns fans is like beating a dead horse that's been dead since the 1960's. 

We're numb to insults and anything bad happening to this team. This is some bizarre trolling. 

Karma is real... Some people never learn...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The Chiefs have won two Super Bowls in the last four years. 

Karma what? This troll could go the rest of his life with the Chiefs never winning another Super Bowl, and he'll still end up with two more Super Bowl titles than any of us will ever get... 😁

WE are the ones apparently suffering from some kind of "We pissed the Universe off" situation.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Karma what? This troll could go the rest of his life with the Chiefs never winning another Super Bowl, and he'll still end up with two more Super Bowl titles than any of us will ever get... 😁

WE are the ones apparently suffering from some kind of "We pissed the Universe off" situation.  

This made me laugh.

..Am I trolling....of course I am...but this message isn't really a dig on the Browns in and of itself....the situation has just created a dynamic where KC (and Buffalo) have their franchise QB's signed up for deals that are about to suddenly be bargains....becaue of what Cleveland did.  

I don't blame Cleveland for taking a big swing at Watson......I'm interested to see how it goes.  

In HINDSIGHT...If Cleveland was just going to end up with pick 12 anyhow, you guys would be at least in striking distance to try and move up for one of the 4 who are going top 10 this year.  Given the very strong trend of taking a rookie QB, on a cheap contract and building a talented roster.....Cleveland is zigging when most are zagging.  

I am looking forward to seeing if DeShaun can shake off the rust and be what he was 2 years ago.  

6 hours ago, Pat Mahomo said:

In HINDSIGHT...If Cleveland was just going to end up with pick 12 anyhow, you guys would be at least in striking distance to try and move up for one of the 4 who are going top 10 this year.  Given the very strong trend of taking a rookie QB, on a cheap contract and building a talented roster.....Cleveland is zigging when most are zagging.  

The Browns tried that too.

His name was Baker Mayfield. He's currently searching for his third team in less than a calendar year. 

47 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

His name was Baker Mayfield. He's currently searching for his third team in less than a calendar year. 

The interesting thing is the same FO guy (Dorsey) that drafted Baker was working in the FO for the Chiefs when they drafted Mahomes.  One guy went to Andy Reid and sat his rookie year (watching Alex Smith lead KC to the playoffs) while the other went to Hue Jackson (sporting a 1-31 record at the time of the selection).  Early on Baker showed some promise. Today, he's right where Dutch says he is.  

Where we at today?  Hoping the only massage Watson gets from here on out is from some 300 pound pottymouth Shakespeare named Bruno...  

Wherever I may go in life, if I ever find myself trolling obscure NFL message boards of teams I'm not even a fan of past midnight as a middle aged man, you guys have my full permission to put me out of my misery.  

Because at that point it means you pretty much have nothing to say worth listening to. 

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 3

On 2/27/2023 at 9:43 PM, Dutch Oven said:

Um...4 NFL Championships and 4 AAFC Titles since Gipper isn't here to remind you.

On 2/28/2023 at 6:39 AM, Dutch Oven said:

We didn't move up to draft Mayfield. We had the first pick.

We moved up to draft Manziel. 

Regardless...

5wd5em.jpg.ee58b5d450176e2d1c7ec53d6929e745.jpg

On 3/1/2023 at 5:17 PM, FY56 said:

We didn't move up to draft Mayfield. We had the first pick.

We moved up to draft Manziel. 

Regardless...

5wd5em.jpg.ee58b5d450176e2d1c7ec53d6929e745.jpg

Don't forget, the guy that drafted Baker Mayfield here (John Dorsey) was in the Chiefs FO the year they drafted Patrick Mahomes. That same year (2017), someone else only had to use one 1st round draft pick to take Deshaun Watson and sign him under the rookie salary cap restrictions.   FWIW, we had the 1st pick overall that year.  As much as Myles Garrett is an elite DE/pass rusher for the Browns - the era we're in shows us how important the QB is to where his team finishes.  

On 3/4/2023 at 9:06 AM, Flugel said:

Don't forget, the guy that drafted Baker Mayfield here (John Dorsey) was in the Chiefs FO the year they drafted Patrick Mahomes. That same year (2017), someone else only had to use one 1st round draft pick to take Deshaun Watson and sign him under the rookie salary cap restrictions.   FWIW, we had the 1st pick overall that year.  As much as Myles Garrett is an elite DE/pass rusher for the Browns - the era we're in shows us how important the QB is to where his team finishes.  

Garrett makes 0 impact on this team... He is rarely responsible for being a part of the teams victories or lack there of... Yes he makes plays but they only add to his stats.... Part of that is coaching... But another part of that is on him... I'm not saying he's not good...  I'm just saying hie rarely makes impact...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nickers said:

Garrett makes 0 impact on this team... He is rarely responsible for being a part of the teams victories or lack there of... Yes he makes plays but they only add to his stats.... Part of that is coaching... But another part of that is on him... I'm not saying he's not good...  I'm just saying hie rarely makes impact...

We will see if Schwartz gets the most out of him. I'd say he's kind of under achieved in general, but I'm glad he's here and not with a division rival.

Myles is a freakish talent that teams game plan for, ask Joe Burrow lol. He's thwarted many a Bengal drive in his career with strip sacks. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, nickers said:

I like having Myles but it seems like QBs have a bigger say in how far their teams go than edge rushers.  TJ Watt makes his team way better as we saw their winning percentage improve; but a rookie QB with a learning curve and some growing pains (as well as Trubisky getting demoted to Broom Closet Security) threw that team in park instead of playoffs. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, nickers said:

you mean like this nickers edit:and for you dummies just click on Watch on YouTube

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, nickers said:

here ya go

• Haha 1