THE BROWNS BOARD

I ordered a Browns Jersey

I haven't had a Browns clothing article for many years. I still have a pristine 1964 throwback jacket circa 1980 that I think this fall will fit me again. My Mom got one for both me and my Dad. My Dad passed away in 2000, and I sent his jacket to Johnny Bassilakis. Man, it is really a nice product.

But I felt I wanted a game day jersey so I went shopping online. Brown 32, Kelly44, Sipe 17, and on it goes. The options of what to wear are many.

I however have an aversion to idol worship and wearing another man's name seems to me, a Beta thing.

I though about Stan Aten #1, but realized he would rather have me do that with a Raider's jersey (long story)

So, I see the Jersey ad, it illustrated that you can have whatever you want on the shirt..... Boom.....my dilemma was answered......

My jersey is a white one and on the back it says.....YOUR NAME 00.

Yep that's what I ordered; just like the ad showed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

I haven't had a Browns clothing article for many years. I still have a pristine 1964 throwback jacket circa 1980 that I think this fall will fit me again. My Mom got one for both me and my Dad. My Dad passed away in 2000, and I sent his jacket to Johnny Bassilakis. Man, it is really a nice product.

But I felt I wanted a game day jersey so I went shopping online. Brown 32, Kelly44, Sipe 17, and on it goes. The options of what to wear are many.

I however have an aversion to idol worship and wearing another man's name seems to me, a Beta thing.

I though about Stan Aten #1, but realized he would rather have me do that with a Raider's jersey (long story)

So, I see the Jersey ad, it illustrated that you can have whatever you want on the shirt..... Boom.....my dilemma was answered......

My jersey is a white one and on the back it says.....YOUR NAME 00.

Yep that's what I ordered; just like the ad showed.

That's awesome! Well done.

I was never really a fan of wearing another man's name on my jerseys either.

RIP Stan, miss that guy.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Orion said:

You're a whack-job. :)   I've got a brown jersey, #00  VETTEDAWG.   But my handle is Orion now.  Fortunately, I never got any tattoos.  

I'd like to get one for my wife that has the double zero and "Miata-Mama" on it because she says she'll never ride in a two seater like that if I get one.😭

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

He is the Father of this board, a dear friend, and I think about him often.

I think TBB should have a pinned photo of him on the home page.

Yep. His kids & my kids were friends, & we both coached little league here in Berea. I still run into Kathy here & there. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Bob806 said:

Yep. His kids & my kids were friends, & we both coached little league here in Berea. I still run into Kathy here & there. 

I used to bust his chops that all the kids with hot moms are the starters.  He had a sportsmanship policy.  "We don't shake the opponents' hands unless we've kicked their asses or their moms are hotties. No exceptions!"   The ballbusting between us was so bad.  He had me come down for training camp 1 year.  I couldn't get there until the evening practice.  Anyway, when we met up for lunch - I told him I had to go buy a LeCharles Bentley jersey.  Then he had an ear to ear grin and said you probably want to hold off on that.  And I was like "Stop!"  It took about 15 minutes to realize he was actually serious.  I really miss that guy too!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

I used to bust his chops that all the kids with hot moms are the starters.  He had a sportsmanship policy.  "We don't shake the opponents' hands unless we've kicked their asses or their moms are hotties. No exceptions!"   The ballbusting between us was so bad.  He had me come down for training 1 year.  I couldn't get there until the evening practice.  Anywhere, when we met up for lunch - I told him I had to go buy a LeCharles Bentley jersey.  Then he had an ear to ear grin and said you probably want to hold off on that.  And I was like "Stop!"  It took about 15 minutes to realize he was actually serious.  I really miss that guy too!

My mom was/is movie star hot... Raquel Welch had nothing on her.. My Mom is all natural beauty... Couldve been a hollywood star had she chose to be... All the kids in my neighborhood were just spellbound by her...

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

Boom.....my dilemma was answered...,

Just what the doctor ordered...

Two born Cleveland, Ohio brothers, play name that Coffee Fetcher

• Haha 2

I so seriously have nob

respect for coordinators and assistants. How many fucktards did Lerner and Haslam hire because all the NFL talking heads and "insiders" convinced them that  the magnificence of a SB coach just naturally rubs off/osmoses to an assistant?

I think absolutely there are assistants who were born great head coaches, but the system of patronage that pressures dimpledicks like Haslam into hiring the favored candidate, keeps a lot of teams in the shitter.

Now, I am no Jeff Bezos or Jerry Jones, but I have had my share of success with start ups.

I honestly never looked at a candidate's resume in the interview process. There were qualities that I believed in, from my Dad, teachers, friends, whatever it is that builds us.

Those are the things that should be mined when hiring a person. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

I so seriously have nob

respect for coordinators and assistants. How many fucktards did Lerner and Haslam hire because all the NFL talking heads and "insiders" convinced them that  the magnificence of a SB coach just naturally rubs off/osmoses to an assistant?

I think absolutely there are assistants who were born great head coaches, but the system of patronage that pressures dimpledicks like Haslam into hiring the favored candidate, keeps a lot of teams in the shitter.

Now, I am no Jeff Bezos or Jerry Jones, but I have had my share of success with start ups.

I honestly never looked at a candidate's resume in the interview process. There were qualities that I believed in, from my Dad, teachers, friends, whatever it is that builds us.

Those are the things that should be mined when hiring a person. 

I totally concur...

17 hours ago, nickers said:

My mom was/is movie star hot... Raquel Welch had nothing on her.. My Mom is all natural beauty... Couldve been a hollywood star had she chose to be... All the kids in my neighborhood were just spellbound by her...

nickers mom.jpg

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, nickers said:

Nice ?  

352d029635ded758d0fcd2cbcea36b32.jpg

51 minutes ago, nickers said:

My mom is 10x's better looking and is stacked!

A team of psychiatrists would have a field day with this comment.

Jesus H. Christ, nickers continues to be the gift that keeps on giving.

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Ghoolie's on his 3rd underwear change.

I see Dutch Gurl is flexing her Internet tough gurl muscles again... What a loser...

The Soy Lattes are compromising her faculties... Or lack thereof...

18 minutes ago, nickers said:

I see Dutch Gurl is flexing her Internet tough gurl muscles again... What a loser...

The Soy Lattes are compromising her faculties... Or lack thereof...

You literally told everyone you have a boner for your own mother. 🤣

nickers thinks his mom is hot.jpg

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

Gayest thread ever.

Pick a name and pick a number, you homosexual. 

Quit being afraid to embrace the Browns.

Your Dad's corpse cries itself to sleep every night.

Zombo

LMAO. I did, you pretend Irishman. 00, Your Name. I am every Browns fan. I take the homosexual compliment with the love it was sent with. 

• Haha 1

Of all the consternation and shit I have stirred in my life, I always respected the fine line in which one can insult someone's mother, and still remain within the confines of just being one of the fucking guys.....

"I fucked your mother"

"Your mother blows"

"Your mother sucks dead goats"

All fine, all fun stuff........that is, as long as the other guy's mother is just the nameless, faceless generic mom, that we all love to make fun of.

However, when someone injects the reality of a mother's real identity, such as Nick posting his Mom's photo.....I think that is the time to move to another topic.

Nick's Mom was indeed beautiful.

Guys, fuck each other in ass with a stick of dynamite all you want, but recognize when the fun becomes a foul.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

Of all the consternation and shit I have stirred in my life, I always respected the fine line in which one can insult someone's mother, and still remain withing to confines of just being one of the fucking guys.....

"I fucked your mother"

"Your mother blows"

"Your mother sucks dead goats"

All fine, all.fun stuff........that is, as long as the other guy's mother is just the nameless, faceless generic mom, that we all love to make fun of.

However, when someone injects the reality of a mother's real identity, such as Nick posting his Mom's photo.....I think that is the time to move to another topic.

Nick's Mom was indeed beautiful.

Guys, fuck each other in ass with a stick of dynamite all you want, but recognize when the fun becomes a foul.

nickers started it

2 hours ago, syd said:

nickers started it

I didn't start anything you dorkus... Go drink yourself to sleep.. Quit trying to instigate people... It's juvenile...