THE BROWNS BOARD

Schedule

2 hours ago, FY56 said:

Well there you go. Ben had pure talent.  Having to "work your ass off" because he isn't as talented as other QB's wouldn't inspire me. 

But then again, I'm not saying Pickett isn't going to be good.  He does scare me a little. Look at his eyes. He has the "it" factor.

My point was Ben wasn’t a “student of the game” and kyler Murray routinely pisses his coaches off due to lack of work. Ben probably could have been even better had he done more in that capacity. 

26 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

He struggled mightily in the six games he played.

Still had a better QB rating than Pickett did, though. 

Last year was a distraction from the get-go.  This year I think we'll see the version Watson we hoped we'd see.  

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

He struggled mightily in the six games he played.

Still had a better QB rating than Pickett did, though. 

I don’t think he did. I’m also not realistically expecting watson to be bad but I also don’t know that I expect him to completely return to form either. I hope he’s good, I expect the steelers to be. 

22 hours ago, Flugel said:

I've been wondering about that myself. I think you guys got a Grand Theft with Pickett.  FWIW, I think he only threw 1 INT in the last 5 or 6 games. I wanted us to draft him instead of going in the direction we went.  I hope I was wrong about that. 

Having said that, I also wanted us to draft Watson when we held the 1st pick overall when he came out.  While pass rushers are important, drafting Myles Garrett didn't improve our 1-15 record.  In fact, the Browns actually managed to worsen that up to 0-16.  I need a massage just thinking about that hot mess.

19 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Having said that, I also wanted us to draft Watson when we held the 1st pick overall when he came out.  While pass rushers are important, drafting Myles Garrett didn't improve our 1-15 record.  In fact, the Browns actually managed to worsen that up to 0-16.  I need a massage just thinking about that hot mess.

When all is said and done and great grandkids are watching and talking about football…Kizer and Hue might be thought of as the worst HC QB combo to ever see an NFL season.  Myles, Moses or God himself wasn’t improving upon that disaster.  Look at some of the other train wrecks too on that roster that have never seen the light of a playing field of an NFL stadium after that season.

Maybe I’m too distant on the Ben stuff…but is anyone else impressed (maybe respect is a better word he was a Steeler) with his career trajectory from game manager Ben to Street Ball Ben to pocket passer Ben in a long career.  This had to have taken some work even if had talent.  No one is saying he studied film like Brady. 

30 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

I don’t think he did. I’m also not realistically expecting watson to be bad but I also don’t know that I expect him to completely return to form either. I hope he’s good, I expect the steelers to be. 

Watson had (I looked it up earlier this morning) a QB rating of like 79 to Pickett's 76. Pickett had a better QBR rating though. I won't pretend to know what the difference is. Regarding Watson's future, I just don't know. For the Browns fortunes, they need him to have that Big Ben sociopath in him: Be a complete shithead off-the-field, but don't allow it to effect his on-field play. Also, the offenses Stefanski has run in the past featured average starting QBs who he had to scheme success for, through a good running game, play-action, rolling the pocket, etc. Watson doesn't need that offense. Can Stefanski evolve to create an offense that fits Watson?

I don't hope Pickett is good. In fact, I hope he's godawful. You should expect the Steelers to be good, they've established a long winning tradition since Cowher took over from Noll. I know I have no delusions that the Steelers are all the sudden going to become a non-factor, as much as I would love to see it. 

Good to talk to you again, Vag. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Last year was a distraction from the get-go.  This year I think we'll see the version Watson we hoped we'd see.  

Just give me the Houston Texan production Watson, and I'll be thrilled. 

The Browns have to have that to go far in the buzzsaw that is 2023 American Football Conference play. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Watson had (I looked it up earlier this morning) a QB rating of like 79 to Pickett's 76. Pickett had a better QBR rating though. I won't pretend to know what the difference is. Regarding Watson's future, I just don't know. For the Browns fortunes, they need him to have that Big Ben sociopath in him: Be a complete shithead off-the-field, but don't allow it to effect his on-field play. Also, the offenses Stefanski has run in the past featured average starting QBs who he had to scheme success for, through a good running game, play-action, rolling the pocket, etc. Watson doesn't need that offense. Can Stefanski evolve to create an offense that fits Watson?

I don't hope Pickett is good. In fact, I hope he's godawful. You should expect the Steelers to be good, they've established a long winning tradition since Cowher took over from Noll. I know I have no delusions that the Steelers are all the sudden going to become a non-factor, as much as I would love to see it. 

Good to talk to you again, Vag. 

I hope watson is good because I don’t want any excuses in the division. 😉

Good to talk with you too. I try to leave you boys alone in the off-season. I also don’t have gipper to fight with. 😞

3 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

I hope watson is good because I don’t want any excuses in the division. 😉

Good to talk with you too. I try to leave you boys alone in the off-season. I also don’t have gipper to fight with. 😞

Yeah, this board has lost a few good ones over the last few years.

Some others are too stupid to ever die, so we'll be stuck with them forever. 😉

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Yeah, this board has lost a few good ones over the last few years.

Some others are too stupid to ever die, so we'll be stuck with them forever. 😉

😂

I always get a laugh when I check my profile here and see ban notices from zombo.

warning “being a douchebag” lol

• Haha 2

Way to soon projected AFCN records up to Browns bye week 5..

@  cle.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40Cleveland  W

Priority 1 ! Win the Battle of Ohio !

@  pit.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40Pittsburgh
  @  bal.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40Baltimore  W

WEEK 2

@  cin.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40Cincinnati  W
  @  pit.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40Pittsburgh  W

WEEK 3

@  lv.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40&Las Vegas
  @  cin.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40Cincinnati   W

WEEK 4

@  ten.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40Tennessee
  @  hou.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40Houston

Browns 3-1 at bye

Bengals 3-1

Steelers 3-1

Baltimore 2 - 2

WEEK 5

BYE
cle.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40Cleveland
  @  ari.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40Arizona

What ya got ? 

Our Cleveland Browns have not won a regular season game in Pittsburgh since ?

10/05/2003* Cleveland Browns 33 @ Pittsburgh Steelers 13 

20 years is here... We're DUE !     It's MNF....   :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Way to soon projected AFCN records up to Browns bye week 5..

Priority 1 ! Win the Battle of Ohio !

WEEK 2

@  cin.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40Cincinnati  W
  @  pit.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40Pittsburgh  W

WEEK 3

@  lv.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40&Las Vegas
  @  cin.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40Cincinnati   W

WEEK 4

@  ten.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40Tennessee
  @  hou.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40Houston

Browns 3-1 at bye

Bengals 3-1

Steelers 3-1

Baltimore 2 - 2

WEEK 5

BYE
cle.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40Cleveland
  @  ari.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40Arizona

What ya got ? 

Our Cleveland Browns have not won a regular season game in Pittsburgh since ?

10/05/2003* Cleveland Browns 33 @ Pittsburgh Steelers 13 

20 years is here... We're DUE !     It's MNF....   :)

I’d be thrilled with this…three division opponents and the Titans it doesn’t get more physical than that…3-1 and no significant injuries hopefully.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

I’d be thrilled with this…three division opponents and the Titans it doesn’t get more physical than that…3-1 and no significant injuries hopefully.

By August you'll have us at 5-0 after those 4 games.😁

• Haha 3