THE BROWNS BOARD

OT: Buckeyes-Trojans

shepwrite

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Aloysius

Barkley will get all the praise, but Joe McKnight and center Kris O'Dowd deserve most of the credit for that winning drive.

Here's what I wrote about McKnight back in June:

Joe McKnight is the big play guy [in USC's backfield]. Because of that, he's frequently compared to Reggie Bush, but they're actually not all that similar. McKnight lacks Bush's 4.3 speed, but he's a much more physical runner. Though he has a habit of dancing too much, he rarely is brought down by the first defender, indicating that he could develop into an elite inside/outside runner.

What Bush and McKnight do share is the ability to cut & change directions without losing any speed. That should make McKnight a dynamic return man, but he's shown an unfortunate habit of muffing punts. He'll need to win the return job back and show improvement to keep his draft stock high.

Though only a junior, McKnight likely will declare after this season. A turf toe injury affected his game last year, so I doubt he'll return as a senior and risk having his stock drop due to injury. Assuming he stays healthy, I think he'll go in the late 1st/early 2nd round.

Looks like he's permanently been taken off return duty, but the power he displayed tonight will do a lot to rehabilitate his draft stock. The 1st round seems like a strong possibility for him.

Does Pryor ever audible at the line of scrimmage? When the safety is creeping up to the line, you may want to audible to the slot receiver on that side, but that dumbass Pryor can't read defenses. :angry:

And if Ohio Sate has such a good kicker with a powerful leg, how come Tressell didn't attempt any long fg's when he had a chance, instead of punting the ball deep??? :angry:

:lol: C'mon, did you really expect Ohio State to win that game? That is THE most overrated team in college football, and Pryor is the most overrated QB in college football. On a Browns note, I see the game tomorrow playing out similar to this game. The Browns winning in a close one in a similar fashion.

Sure, we should of won. Between Tress,Bollman and Pryor, OSU takes another loss to a BCS potential team. Pryor is becoming Coopers Belisorry.

This game was rediculous all the way around. It showed us that Pryor has no Quarterbacking skills at all, he throws short passes at peoples feet and long passes short or long. I mean I wanted to believe he was gonna work out but I have a bad feeling Buckeye fans are in for a bad season and at least one more to come thanks to this kid. No wonder all the junior talent left last season, they saw the writing all the wall. And I guess I wouldnt be a true Buckeye fan if I didnt mention some suspect penalties...but seriously the Refrees were pretty good in this game. As far as the USC freshman it makes me almost ill that he'll get the credit for this win he passes for less than 50% for under 200 yards and and Pick...quick make him an all american. Okay thats my "rant"

....HE CAN RUN!!!!!1!!one

So. xxxxing. What.

I'll take Peyon Manning, Tom Brady, Kurt Warner, and any other of a zillion pocket passers or just scramblers over someone who can reel off 100 yards on the ground, but can't hit shit downfield.

Falling in love with a guys running ability is like falling in love with a huge arm and zero other skillset.

Pryor doesn't seem to have improved much from last season.

Sure, we should of won. Between Tress,Bollman and Pryor, OSU takes another loss to a BCS potential team. Pryor is becoming Coopers Belisorry.

You know, as bad as Bellisari was (I'd hold my breath every time he threw a pass), he still seems to be head and shoulders above Pryor.

I hope they can sign someone who can actually play QB this year.

So. xxxxing. What.

I'll take Peyon Manning, Tom Brady, Kurt Warner, and any other of a zillion pocket passers or just scramblers over someone who can reel off 100 yards on the ground, but can't hit shit downfield.

Falling in love with a guys running ability is like falling in love with a huge arm and zero other skillset.

Pryor doesn't seem to have improved much from last season.

I was being facetious. Sadly, hundreds, no, thousands, of Ohio State fans will give you that response. And mean it.

Guest Aloysius
Great drive, from 2nd and 19 at their own 5 to a TD. Huge. I agree that it was Joe McKnight's drive... but can you imagine a true freshman in that setting under those circumstances? He did himself proud.

For sure. The cockiness he's exuded during interviews turned into some serious late-game composure.

And McKnight may have flipped his rep from being someone who'll lose games for you (*cough* Oregon St. *cough*) to a guy who'll win them. If he's truly become a more mature person - as he claims and the coaching staff attests - his future looks even brighter.

On the opposite, people don't like players overhyped as the coming of God when they aren't even close. The sides balance out.

U R a fucking dicknob. Short leash on you. You bring nothing to table except choadivity.

Countdown to you disappearing 5...4...3...2...1

You ain't a moron, just shape up a little.

You know, as bad as Bellisari was (I'd hold my breath every time he threw a pass), he still seems to be head and shoulders above Pryor.

I hope they can sign someone who can actually play QB this year.

Pryor sucked ass tonight, but hes still a sophmore and still looks better than last year. He's like a first round pick, you always hope he puts all that talent together and finally gets it at some point.

If not, our next QB is a prototypical pocket passer by the name of Taylor Graham. He is shooting up the ranks right now. Has a huge arm, son of former OSU QB Kent Graham

For sure. The cockiness he's exuded during interviews turned into some serious late-game composure.

And McKnight may have flipped his rep from being someone who'll lose games for you (*cough* Oregon St. *cough*) to a guy who'll win them. If he's truly become a more mature person - as he claims and the coaching staff attests - his future looks even brighter.

McKnight didn't do dick except for the one play late when Homan couldn't handle him. They actually balled out a little, but McKnight has a long way to go to be a real player. He's a nobass, but he should learn.

Pryor has some serious problems as a passer -- the mechanics of a 12-year-old WR converted to QB at the last minute, for one -- but he CAN throw a really nice ball. He had about 5 passes prettier than almost anything last year.

It's going to be a slow process. He MUST learn to play the position, mostly with his foot work. But he's a great athlete with the potential to be a great passer. I'm almost more intrigued to see him next year.

Really, he just needs more experience at it. When he thinks about throwing it perfectly, he does. But he shouldn't have to think about it, it should just happen.

And like I said, post Pryor, it will be a battle between Taylor Graham (pro style) and Braxton Miller (dual threat)

Archived