THE BROWNS BOARD

One person one vote

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

I think the middle one could be the most damning. All it takes is one back woods county to stop the will of the rest of the state. 

And on the flip side, we take the large Democratic cities that flip elections in favor of the Libtards.

1 hour ago, Canton Dawg said:

And on the flip side, we take the large Democratic cities that flip elections in favor of the Libtards.

You mean the places with the most citizens. The citizens that each get one vote. 

Wild that the most populous area has the most influence in a democratic election. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

You mean the places with the most citizens. The citizens that each get one vote. 

Wild that the most populous area has the most influence in a democratic election. 

9 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Yes, those highly populated Democratic controlled shitholes.

Thank God we have the Electoral College for the National Elections.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

The founders were genius. They saw the need to provide a safeguard against mob rule, and that election outcomes were the result of all demographics/states having a voice, not just demonrat infested shitholes. They explicitly maintained that the popular vote did not apply.Thank you for the Electoral College.

Issue 1 closely is in line with the Constitution of the United States.

51/50 is not convincing enough of a majority. It's "iffy"

60/40 proves you got it right. No question about it, a clear majority/minority

Vote YES on issue 1.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Yes, the electoral college has plenty of flaws as well. Good point. 

What are the flaws you mindlessly think it has?

Don't just say flaws and not explain them...

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, FY56 said:

If there are "plenty" then you should be able to elaborate a teeny bit.

He never does. Just bloats and blathers crap. Like mjp saying Trump lied about Jan 6th, and I simply asked him to explain. No exclamation - just leaves the forum. It's just belligerent gas-lighting.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

He never does. Just bloats and blathers crap. Like mjp saying Trump lied about Jan 6th, and I simply asked him to explain. No exclamation - just leaves the forum. It's just belligerent gas-lighting.

I had also asked him to elaborate on a couple other issues. Nothing but silence.

On 7/14/2023 at 5:07 PM, FY56 said:

If there are "plenty" then you should be able to elaborate a teeny bit.

Gorka, you've been around hee a while. You've seen threads on this. You've seen the flaws of this system pointed out. Winner take all in states, small state votes counting many times more, solidly red or blue states not mattering, etc. 

I'm not giving you a full rundown here that you and others will ignore. Look it up. 

10 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Shit gets explained to you on here constantly you old dumbass. Constantly. For years. 

You not getting something explained to you and you not liking / agreeing with the explanation are very different things. But you're a fragile little snowflake and you can't handle differing opinions. 

But it's clear the dementia is setting in more and more each day and you're just not worth the trouble. 

If your grandkids even still bother talking to you go talk to them and get off social media and right wing political news. It's melting your already damaged brain..

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Gorka, you've been around hee a while. You've seen threads on this. You've seen the flaws of this system pointed out. Winner take all in states, small state votes counting many times more, solidly red or blue states not mattering, etc. 

I'm not giving you a full rundown here that you and others will ignore. Look it up. 

I vaguely recall threads on the electoral college. I didn't ask for a full rundown either.

You won't be ignored. I doubt you've ever been ignored. That screams copout. 

The Electoral College may not be perfect, but it is the best system ever to be conceived. It's an exceptional system required for an exceptional nation.

I could post a well-done video on the Electoral College, done by good, educated and honest people, but rather than take a look, and provide a response, you'd be the one doing the ignoring and dismiss it as some right-wing extremist production.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, FY56 said:

I vaguely recall threads on the electoral college. I didn't ask for a full rundown either.

You won't be ignored. I doubt you've ever been ignored. That screams copout. 

The Electoral College may not be perfect, but it is the best system ever to be conceived. It's an exceptional system required for an exceptional nation.

I could post a well-done video on the Electoral College, done by good, educated and honest people, but rather than take a look, and provide a response, you'd be the one doing the ignoring and dismiss it as some right-wing extremist production.

Because you'd probably post a Prager U video on it, or some very clearly conservative think tank video

And honestly, I don't care. None of you are worth that much effort. Popping on if I have a few minutes is honestly too much effort. But if you think ANY of you have shown ANYTHING to want me to engage in some kind of good faith debate you're delusional. That's been attempted in the past and it's just insults and delusion. Not worth it. 

12 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Because you'd probably post a Prager U video on it, or some very clearly conservative think tank video

And honestly, I don't care. None of you are worth that much effort. Popping on if I have a few minutes is honestly too much effort. But if you think ANY of you have shown ANYTHING to want me to engage in some kind of good faith debate you're delusional. That's been attempted in the past and it's just insults and delusion. Not worth it. 

0s.gif.3d399cae49076dfd058b9e920c83b588.gif

14 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Shit gets explained to you on here constantly you old dumbass. Constantly. For years. 

You not getting something explained to you and you not liking / agreeing with the explanation are very different things. But you're a fragile little snowflake and you can't handle differing opinions. 

But it's clear the dementia is setting in more and more each day and you're just not worth the trouble. 

If your grandkids even still bother talking to you go talk to them and get off social media and right wing political news. It's melting your already damaged brain..

run your mouth again, but ignore the issue as typical birdbrain woodpecker.

NOTE: you faked being a victim about bringing family members into a discussion about your family by another poster - I don't like that - but here you are, doing the same thing.

You lefties can break all the rules because you are so "special".

but on the flip side - you are "victims" of others breaking rules.

Personal attacks do not make any valid point, woodpecker. You don't make valid points.

25 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

That's been attempted in the past and it's just insults and delusion. Not worth it. 

totally fake excuse. you are the prime insulter. Go back and read your own posts, fake victim.

woodpecker is only here to troll and whine that the forum is bad because he gets rebuttals that make him squawk.

he? stinks up conversations and complains the stink makes him cry.

6 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

run your mouth again, but ignore the issue as typical birdbrain woodpecker.

NOTE: you faked being a victim about bringing family members into a discussion about your family by another poster - I don't like that - but here you are, doing the same thing.

You lefties can break all the rules because you are so "special".

but on the flip side - you are "victims" of others breaking rules.

Personal attacks do not make any valid point, woodpecker. You don't make valid points.

It's not even close to the same thing but you're one of the dumbest individuals I've ever had the misfortune of knowing so I'm not surprised you don't understand the difference. 

But you'll rush to the defense of your fellow deranged, pathetic, dementia filled right wing friend. No surprise 

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

It's not even close to the same thing but you're one of the dumbest individuals I've ever had the misfortune of knowing so I'm not surprised you don't understand the difference. 

But you'll rush to the defense of your fellow deranged, pathetic, dementia filled right wing friend. No surprise 

If you're talking about me fuck right off. He earns whatever shit anybody throws at him. Then again so do you and you're the guy I was griping because I don't police the board by kicking off everybody that calls you a mean name.

WSS

33 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

If you're talking about me fuck right off. He earns whatever shit anybody throws at him. Then again so do you and you're the guy I was griping because I don't police the board by kicking off everybody that calls you a mean name.

WSS

Oh fucking christ Steve. No. Not you. While I disagree with you constantly and you apparently have 0 ability to follow a train of thought through multiple posts you're at least civil. 

And it's clearly not about throwing everyone off that calls me a mean name. Had to throw in a typical Steve I guess. That's literally never been a thing. 

We're just a board that's ok with calling others pedophiles, attacking family members, using straight up slurs, etc. Crazy to think that this place got worse in the last 8 years or so

26 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Oh fucking christ Steve. No. Not you. While I disagree with you constantly and you apparently have 0 ability to follow a train of thought through multiple posts you're at least civil. 

And it's clearly not about throwing everyone off that calls me a mean name. Had to throw in a typical Steve I guess. That's literally never been a thing. 

We're just a board that's ok with calling others pedophiles, attacking family members, using straight up slurs, etc. Crazy to think that this place got worse in the last 8 years or so

I at least try to be a civil as someone is with me. As far as calling somebody a pedo or a groomer? If you idiots didn't let others know that it pissed you off they wouldn't do it. And I mean both you and nick. And again just because the conservatives post the most articles the Liberals are just as bad, just as vulgar, just as threatening and just as prone to slurs as anybody on the right. And that includes you.

WSS

Mom, Billy keeps looking at me! Mom replies Billy quit looking at your brother.

• Haha 1

On 7/8/2023 at 10:53 AM, Westside Steve said:

I am with you Bob. No matter what the issue too many people on either side goes straight for the talking point handbook.

We are not nor will we ever met to be a true democracy. I've got my theories as to why but it's a fact nonetheless.

WSS

Dropping in for a minute Steve.... Two things I don't like about Issue 1. 

First the Repubs are against August elections.. and now they want one? A little bit of hypocrisy there? For sure, you'd have to be dense to not realize they put this issue on the ballot NOW so they don't have to deal with the pro-abortion issue LATER. They know which way the wind is blowing- those 700,000 signatures say so. The time to vote NO on abortion is in November, not August. 

I don't like 60% but I probably could live with 55%.  What I REALLY don't like about Issue 1 (as Bob pointed out) is collecting signatures from ALL 88 Ohio counties. Anyone who's taken some tours though rural SW Ohio could tell you canvassing those counties getting 5% of registered voters to sign off- is an IMPOSSIBILITY- and the Republicans who put Issue 1 up DAMN WELL KNOW IT.  So I'll let you explain how it isn't minority rule for a few hundred yahoos in Vinton or Gallia Counties effectively blocking a  constitutional amendment from getting on the ballot?  Yep, passing Issue 1 will effectively kill any citizen sponsored initiatives Steve- and I'm voting NO. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, hoorta said:

First the Repubs are against August elections.. and now they want one? A little bit of hypocrisy there? For sure, you'd have to be dense to not realize they put this issue on the ballot NOW so they don't have to deal with the pro-abortion issue LATER. They know which way the wind is blowing- those 700,000 signatures say so. The time to vote NO on abortion is in November, not August. 

I don't like 60% but I probably could live with 55%.  What I REALLY don't like about Issue 1 (as Bob pointed out) is collecting signatures from ALL 88 Ohio counties. Anyone who's taken some tours though rural SW Ohio could tell you canvassing those counties getting 5% of registered voters to sign off- is an IMPOSSIBILITY- and the Republicans who put Issue 1 up DAMN WELL KNOW IT.  So I'll let you explain how it isn't minority rule for a few hundred yahoos in Vinton or Gallia Counties effectively blocking a  constitutional amendment from getting on the ballot?  Yep, passing Issue 1 will effectively kill any citizen sponsored initiatives Steve- and I'm voting NO. 

https://youtu.be/KCdRwpJt-2M

I've stated my reasons. I think constitutions should have a higher threshold than 5149 vote. Regardless of the party regardless of the issue involved.

WSS 

6 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

https://youtu.be/KCdRwpJt-2M

I've stated my reasons. I think constitutions should have a higher threshold than 5149 vote. Regardless of the party regardless of the issue involved.

WSS 

yep. I think ALL counties matter. Not just the ones with big unions and big democrat population cities in them.

Vote YES on Issue one.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, hoorta said:

While we’re on the subject of hypocrisy.

The Democratic Party of Ohio requires that 60% of its delegates vote in favor of any changes to the organization's constitution. 

The party also requires that any candidates seeking its official endorsement before the primaries must receive the backing of at least 60% of the executive committee. 

Further, in order for members of the Democratic National Committee to revise its charter, they must meet a threshold of two-thirds (66%). 

The Democratic Party of Ohio opposes Issue 1.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2