THE BROWNS BOARD

Aaron Donald Rumors

Kvoethe

3 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Going to start a rumor that Jesus Christ is a free agent and the Brownies are in the running.   You know, sources and such. 

1. Good thing the Browns want him, and not the Guardians, because homeboy can't hit a curveball.

2. The Browns signing Jesus H. Christ wouldn't go over well with a certain demographic on this board. Way too "woke". 😏 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

1. Good thing the Browns want him, and not the Guardians, because homeboy can't hit a curveball.

2. The Browns signing Jesus H. Christ wouldn't go over well with a certain demographic on this board. Way too "woke". 😏 

You saying Jesus Christ can't hit a curve ball?!?! 

29 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

He’s omnipresent…so he’d play everywhere. 

So he's Ed Reed then. I always had my suspicions.

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

What position would Jesus play?

I mean, he'd be a corner, right?

It would be a miracle, a white corner. 

A Jewish corner...

Even more of an unicorn, whicb makes even more sense, considering the fiction of the whole idea. 

2 hours ago, FY56 said:

While keeping in mind the usual offenders. You two know who you are.

don't forget texie - another one of the thread screwer-uppers.

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Uh oh.... TattleCal has made an appearance! 😳

Yeah, I saw the cheap shot he took at Aggies. And isn't there another guy that needed to change his screen name at least once already in here trying to instigate drama?  

While we didn't add anyone that dominates like Aaron Donald -I DO think the Browns made a great effort this offseason to improve the Defensive Line.  I look at all the $$$$$$ Buffalo threw at 1 player (Von Miller) and as soon as he went on IR their hopes of succeeding in the playoffs died.  Cincy decimated that defense.

36 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Yeah, I saw the cheap shot he took at Aggies. And isn't there another guy that needed to change his screen name at least once already in here trying to instigate drama?  

While we didn't add anyone that dominates like Aaron Donald -I DO think the Browns made a great effort this offseason to improve the Defensive Line.  I look at all the $$$$$$ Buffalo threw at 1 player (Von Miller) and as soon as he went on IR their hopes of succeeding in the playoffs died.  Cincy decimated that defense.

His clique is in full force. 😁

So on paper, the Browns seem to have done a helluva job addressing the DLine, which all of us were praying for. Schwartz is an upgrade as DC.

But damn it Flugs, I just can't shake the pessimism going into the season. I've been burned so many times. I mean, I'm excited we are two months out, but I just can't bring myself to think this team is winning 10 or more games. I think the Browns have broke me. 😂

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, syd said:

fuck cal thought your gonna keep it to football here,guess you just can't help yourself 

Yes, it's just another example of Cal bringing one of his lingering poli board hostilities into the football board.  Aggies only talks football in here. 

Speaking of football, the Hall of Fame Game the Browns will be playing in is less than a month away.   It'll be fun to what some of the newcomers and draftees look like.

On 7/11/2023 at 7:42 PM, Dutch Oven said:

His clique is in full force. 😁

So on paper, the Browns seem to have done a helluva job addressing the DLine, which all of us were praying for. Schwartz is an upgrade as DC.

But damn it Flugs, I just can't shake the pessimism going into the season. I've been burned so many times. I mean, I'm excited we are two months out, but I just can't bring myself to think this team is winning 10 or more games. I think the Browns have broke me. 😂

Our history somewhat reminds us to align our thinking with a "I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than disappointed."  BUT, let's face it - we wouldn't watch every game they play if we really thought they weren't capable of winning more than the coin toss.  Reality is, the Browns were 11-5 in 2020 and 9-8 in 2021.  If the Browns didn't neglect the IDL/DT so much last year - they probably wouldn't have lost 3-4 LBers to IR; while they probably would have beaten Atlanta.  They might have also beaten the Jets instead of themselves.  Going into that 2020 season, I was most worried our LBer Corps. 11 wins later plus a playoff W - they never prevented this team from winning.

In short, a bad football team in Cleveland today is no longer the hopeless 1-31 football team it used to be.  It's now a 9-8 or a 7-10 football team that did an impressive job of addressing the weaknesses. Like you,  I wish I knew what it will translate to in terms of wins and losses against a brutal schedule.  We'll have guys coming off the edge like Myles Garrett, Za'Darius Smith, Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, Isaiah McGuire and possibly a more experienced version of Alex Wright or Isaiah Thomas. Adding Tomlinson and Ika to DT and other veterans to compete with Winfrey and Elliott for starting jobs and/or reps in the active rotation removes a lot of the free space and forfeiture.  All this up front only helps the LBers.  Meatball on spaghetti, Schwartz is the DC in charge of all the sic em, sock em and sack em.  I think this helps our enthusiasm as fans quite a bit.

Edited by Flugel
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, FY56 said:

I don't see him in pisspuke... They're too cheap and they do a great job growing their own...  What would the Browns have to do to acquire him.. Trade Chubb?.. No thanks... I like our team as it is constituted currently..

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, nickers said:

I don't see him in pisspuke... They're too cheap and they do a great job growing their own...  What would the Browns have to do to acquire him.. Trade Chubb?.. No thanks... I like our team as it is constituted currently..

Nice job with that Nicks!  Since the 70s, that ownership/ownership family has always had the philosophy that you build through the draft. That's always given them a healthier cap when they were out-drafting everyone in the division before Ozzie Newsome was orchestrating the drafts in Ratville.  

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Nice job with that Nicks!  Since the 70s, that ownership/ownership family has always had the philosophy that you build through the draft. That's always given them a healthier cap when they were out-drafting everyone in the division before Ozzie Newsome was orchestrating the drafts in Ratville.  

Let me also add.. I wouldn't trade Chubb for all the riches in the universe.. IMHO.. Best back we have had since the great Jimmy Brown.. Now that said... If they want Ward and another throw in a pick?.. I'm all in... If I had a car that ran like Hospital Ward.. I'd deal him.. You don't hang on to Lemons unless your piss poor broke.... Availability is everything...

• Upvote 1