THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns unveil white alternate helmets

Vambo

Sweet! I really like it and hope they eventually make the orange helmet the alternate.  

^ That oughta get the inmates all riled up...

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

Sweet! I really like it and hope they eventually make the orange helmet the alternate.  

Or make them the color rush uniforms. These certainly look better then the Bengals all white uniforms.

• Like 1

Better looking than I first imagined. Staying with the white 2022 anniversary jersey! Yes!

( god please, keep the uniform number off of the sides of that lid 😇 ) 

2023 three game dates are in..

The Browns will debut the helmets on the road in Week 2 against the Steelers for Monday Night Football.

They will then wear them back at home at Cleveland Browns Stadium in Week 6 against the 49ers and

Week 17 against the Jets on Thursday Night Football, which will also be the final home regular season game of the season.

All games are part of the team's White Out Series, presented by DUDE Wipes, and fans are encouraged to join the team in wearing white."

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, D Bone said:

Lol. I hate to admit I like this white one.

Prefer the orange one though. 

11-5-1 #woofs

• Like 1

On 7/18/2023 at 2:56 PM, D Bone said:

Looks a lot better than anything I thought they would ever come up with.  The way things were headed for a while with this organization I thought they would play splat ball with a white helmet; and then announce there's a new helmet in Cleveland.  You know, something that would look appropriate with Perrion Winfrey's new orange uniform...

I wondered what happened to you.  Good to see you back with sense of humor intact...

• Upvote 1

Anytime a team wants to look more intimidating it seems they go to all black or all dark colors. Don't get me wrong, I like our dark browns jerseys and pants combo, but these look more classy👇 Not sure about the orange outline of the numbers but everything else is PERFECT👌 Make these the primary uni's please!

image.png.e8bae2903cdca0b83e5e3a4e5b2d60bf.png

• Upvote 1

I've yet to comment.  So here goes.  Jimmuh promised us that he would not touch the helmet.  Then he got rid of our nice soft orange to that friggin day-glo orange.  Then he proceeded to completely frig up the uniforms.  Now this.  Do I mind this uni as a throwback for a few games?  No.  But it's just that he's such a friggin liar.  It's like having trump as an owner.

On 7/19/2023 at 12:18 AM, Vambo said:

In response to the guy that said "if they lose in these helmets, never again" I know they aren't exactly the same as the original 1946 helmets, but that team won a championship in white helmets their first year in the league. I would rather have these helmets than a stupid elf on the side or something.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Neo said:

In response to the guy that said "if they lose in these helmets, never again" I know they aren't exactly the same as the original 1946 helmets, but that team won a championship in white helmets their first year in the league. I would rather have these helmets than a stupid elf on the side or something.

It looks good... They'll look better after victories

That very distinctive  Cleveland BROWNS stripe  stands out anywhere and everywhere  ..... that's for sure  !

• Like 1

Slow news day, but somewhat in the uniform vein...

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah has changed his number from 28 to 6. Good news for all of you guys with Mayfield jerseys.... just tear that nameplate off, write JOK in brown or white and presto!

Greg Newsome has changed his number from 20 to 0. 

I wouldn't be opposed to every seasonal 1/4 , games home/away alternating brown/white/orange garments with white helmet.

6 hours ago, nickers said:

I wouldn't be opposed to every seasonal 1/4 , games.....with white helmet.

Sure.  They're not hideous or anything.  But the organization, throughout the eons, has made such a big deal of the fact that the orange helmet with no logo IS their logo.

It's just me being an ol' fogey I guess.

23 minutes ago, Orion said:

Sure.  They're not hideous or anything.  But the organization, throughout the eons, has made such a big deal of the fact that the orange helmet with no logo IS their logo.

It's just me being an ol' fogey I guess.

It's literally the Browns helmet, but white instead of orange. It honors the current, classic helmet AND the original plain white helmet of the Browns for their first six seasons. 

I'm struggling to understand what you are so worked up over. 

9 hours ago, mjp28 said:

That very distinctive  Cleveland BROWNS stripe  stands out anywhere and everywhere  ..... that's for sure  !

As long as after a very infrequent use of the   white    helmets the go back to the classic Cleveland BROWNS    orange    helmets with the distinctive    BROWNS stripe    down the middle.    Good and all is right with the world.   Orange helmets and  all white uniforms at home   -and-   brown pants or occasional  all brown uniforms on the road. 

I'm sure they can work that in with the proposed uniforms.   

On 7/20/2023 at 4:30 AM, Flugel said:

I wondered what happened to you.  Good to see you back with sense of humor intact...

Thanks brother! I'm always lurking during the offseason and you guys are never too far out of my sight. 

• Like 1

On 7/20/2023 at 3:46 PM, Neo said:

Anytime a team wants to look more intimidating it seems they go to all black or all dark colors. Don't get me wrong, I like our dark browns jerseys and pants combo, but these look more classy👇 Not sure about the orange outline of the numbers but everything else is PERFECT👌 Make these the primary uni's please!

image.png.e8bae2903cdca0b83e5e3a4e5b2d60bf.png

From a front view, I see a lot of similarities to the University of Miami Uniforms back when Edge James played there before the 99 draft.  Instead of brown and orange they used a dark green and orange.   Their helmet also has a logo; but again they also had the orange middle stripe in between the dark green stripes.  Their sleeves only had 3 strips.  It didn't seem like stayed happy with this look because they continue to change/tweak their uniforms all the time.

image.jpeg.a00823dcb1b3772160baca0178b9d8a2.jpeg

My favorite baseball team, since I was 5 years old, is the New York Yankees.  Mickey Mantle, Roger Marris, etc.  They've always looked like the NY Yankees.  The home pin stripes.  The road greys.  Classic and good lookin'.  Players are proud to wear the pin stripes that the greats wore.  

Our owner obviously hates The Cleveland Browns and their uniforms.  He trashed our uniforms for 5 years!  And our nice shade of orange to this eye melting day-glo orange.  A vendor once told me during those 5 years, Your uniforms were among the best in the league.  Now you've totally wrecked them.  They're hideous.  And I responded, Tell me something I don't know.   The all brown unis, with no stripes on the pants, make us look like big turds.  I hate the Haslems!  They won't be happy until they have us runnin' around in polka dots.  

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Orion said:

My favorite baseball team, since I was 5 years old, is the New York Yankees.  Mickey Mantle, Roger Marris, etc.  They've always looked like the NY Yankees.  The home pin stripes.  The road greys.  Classic and good lookin'.  Players are proud to wear the pin stripes that the greats wore.  

Our owner obviously hates The Cleveland Browns and their uniforms.  He trashed our uniforms for 5 years!  And our nice shade of orange to this eye melting day-glo orange.  A vendor once told me during those 5 years, Your uniforms were among the best in the league.  Now you've totally wrecked them.  They're hideous.  And I responded, Tell me something I don't know.   The all brown unis, with no stripes on the pants, make us look like big turds.  I hate the Haslems!  They won't be happy until they have us runnin' around in polka dots.  

🤣  Thank God you didn't hold that polka dots comment hostage.  When in doubt - let it out!    

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Flugel said:

🤣  Thank God you didn't hold that polka dots comment hostage.  When in doubt - let it out!    

:)

Ya know, I hear people say, I don't care what they wear, as long as they win.  Really?  C'mon!  Every Girl's Crazy 'bout a Sharp Dressed Man!

• Haha 2

On 7/20/2023 at 5:08 PM, Orion said:

I've yet to comment.  So here goes.  Jimmuh promised us that he would not touch the helmet.  Then he got rid of our nice soft orange to that friggin day-glo orange.  Then he proceeded to completely frig up the uniforms.  Now this.  Do I mind this uni as a throwback for a few games?  No.  But it's just that he's such a friggin liar.  It's like having trump as an owner.

He was talking about logo.

As for color, the colors have been changed slightly several time over the years.