THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns unveil white alternate helmets

Vambo

On 7/20/2023 at 5:08 PM, Orion said:

I've yet to comment.  So here goes.  Jimmuh promised us that he would not touch the helmet.  Then he got rid of our nice soft orange to that friggin day-glo orange.  Then he proceeded to completely frig up the uniforms.  Now this.  Do I mind this uni as a throwback for a few games?  No.  But it's just that he's such a friggin liar.  It's like having trump as an owner.

I've always loved the orange helmets too.  I was pleasantly surprised with the alternative and happy there's no logo ruining it.  That said, I'll be fine with the alternative only if it's used VERY infrequently.  Please save full use of the alternative for when Goodell turns the league into flag football or 2 hand touch; because I'll be fishing when he's gone that far...

27 minutes ago, ballpeen said:

I like the all white look.  I wouldn't mind if we went with the white helmet as the standard.

They started off with white helmets once upon a time.  If they start winning as frequently as they did back when they wore white helmets; you might have a lot of company.  Having said that, I don't think they will be wearing them consistently enough to get such a trend off the ground. I do have my Ralph Cramden moments though...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ballpeen said:

I like the all white look.  I wouldn't mind if we went with the white helmet as the standard.

Oh yes .....  it reminds me of the decades old look of the   classic all white look   of the Cleveland BROWNS.    The Sipe, Kosar exciting years of BROWNS football. 

I might like an occasional white helmet but go back to the traditional orange BROWNS look.       GO BROWNS  !

....... edit add, .....  SO what's wrong with the old pumpkin head BROWNS  ?

sad pumpkin.jpg

Edited by mjp28
  • Like 1

On 7/22/2023 at 10:46 PM, mjp28 said:

As long as after a very infrequent use of the   white    helmets the go back to the classic Cleveland BROWNS    orange    helmets with the distinctive    BROWNS stripe    down the middle.    Good and all is right with the world.   Orange helmets and  all white uniforms at home   -and-   brown pants or occasional  all brown uniforms on the road. 

I'm sure they can work that in with the proposed uniforms.   

Reminds me of Atlanta that did that very thing, and it changed their Super Bowl luck.

There have been many cases in which teams had redesigned their uniforms and either appeared in a Super Bowl or won it.

In 1997 the Falcons overhauled their away uniforms but kept their home uni's as is. Two years later they were in the Super Bowl. (Yours and my idea for the Browns)

The Broncos after losing 4 SB's in their old duds, won 3 SB's after overhauling their uniforms.

The Pats appearing in only one Super Bowl in their old duds and losing, won 6 in their newly designed uniforms.

The Bengals went to the tiger stripe look in 1981 and appeared in the Super Bowl that same year.

Perennial losers Arizona Cardinals revamped their uniforms in 2007, in 2009 they went to their first Super Bowl.

Seattle revamped their uniforms in 2002. In 2006 they appeared in their first SB.

For 21 years the Tampa Bay Buccaneers had been the laughingstock of the NFL in their puke orange uniforms. Revamped their uniforms in 1997, five years later in 2002 they won a SB.

Perennial losers the Steelers in the early 70's got a uniform overhaul. Don't have to tell you that fuckin story.

This one might be a stretch, or serendipity jumped the gun. but it took 20 yrs. for the Rams to make it back to the SB after their first loss in 1980. In 2000 they won the SB in their old uniforms but were undergoing a design change. They appeared in new duds in 2001.

So why haven't we had any luck with this strategy? Huh MJP?

The only time a redesigned uniform ever brought success to the Browns was when it became purple.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FY56 said:

1. Perennial losers the Steelers in the early 70's got a uniform overhaul. Don't have to tell you that fuckin story.

2. So why haven't we had any luck with this strategy? Huh MJP?     we ?   luck ?   strategy ?  (  Really like that is a  strategy  ok sure. lol. )

1.  Don't ever tell a steelerz  fan that they never won    anything ,  nothing  that's right zero playoffs  from 1933 until the 1970s.    Unlike the  Cleveland BROWNS who beat the standing  NFL Champion in their  first   game in 1950. 

And on top of that they won the NFL Championship in that same first season  1950.    ( Easy to remember,  I was born in 1950,  no kidding.)

2. On the change your colors ..... win a Championship how about it just doesn't matter,  it's all coincidence.   People look at what  has  happened and line them up with other items that are purely coincidences and then type up some lists  and then  get suckers to bite on them.  That's all it is about that.

Or just maybe nobody in the Cleveland BROWNS ownership just never thought about those wacky ideas.      LMAO.

10 hours ago, mjp28 said:

1.  Don't ever tell a steelerz  fan that they never won    anything ,  nothing  that's right zero playoffs  from 1933 until the 1970s.    Unlike the  Cleveland BROWNS who beat the standing  NFL Champion in their  first   game in 1950. 

And on top of that they won the NFL Championship in that same first season  1950.    ( Easy to remember,  I was born in 1950,  no kidding.)

2. On the change your colors ..... win a Championship how about it just doesn't matter,  it's all coincidence.   People look at what  has  happened and line them up with other items that are purely coincidences and then type up some lists  and then  get suckers to bite on them.  That's all it is about that.

Or just maybe nobody in the Cleveland BROWNS ownership just never thought about those wacky ideas.      LMAO.

1. That tired mantra has run its course. It is 2023 not 1980, when you could throw that in a steelerz fans face. Most steelerz fans alive today only know and experienced winning all their pathetic lives. Why should they care about pre-1970?  Are they supposed to be sad? lol. I'm an old fart and I don't remember 1964.

2. Yeah I realize the uniform thing is coincidental. That was me being facetious.

The ownership HAD come up with those crazy ideas. How many uniform changes have we had the last 5 or so years? Whatever the case it didn't work for us.....so far.

Well, we finally beat Pittsburgh in the playoffs IN Pittsburgh, so that's something.

10 hours ago, FY56 said:

1. That tired mantra has run its course. It is 2023 not 1980, when you could throw that in a steelerz fans face. Most steelerz fans alive today only know and experienced winning all their pathetic lives. Why should they care about pre-1970?  Are they supposed to be sad? lol. I'm an old fart and I don't remember 1964.

2. Yeah I realize the uniform thing is coincidental. That was me being facetious.

The ownership HAD come up with those crazy ideas. How many uniform changes have we had the last 5 or so years? Whatever the case it didn't work for us.....so far.

Well, we finally beat Pittsburgh in the playoffs IN Pittsburgh, so that's something.

I agree on all of your points  ..... and I'll throw in one more,  its  July  26  deep in burnout summer.   At least the soon to be exciting HOF GAME  & WEEKEND  will be here and not soon enough.     🏈

18 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

And in other uniform news around the league. . .

IMG_4542.png

The messed up thing is that Houstonians will have to watch the Tennessee Titans wear the Houston Oilers uniforms this year... 

Lets say that Cleveland wouldn't had got the Browns names and colors back... and that Modell decided to change the name to the Ravens, and we get an expansion team, say the Cleveland Bulldogs... and sometime this year, we see the Ravens come out in the above uniforms.

I know I'd be a little salty... 😜

• Upvote 1

On 7/25/2023 at 8:56 AM, Flugel said:

They started off with white helmets once upon a time.  If they start winning as frequently as they did back when they wore white helmets; you might have a lot of company.  Having said that, I don't think they will be wearing them consistently enough to get such a trend off the ground. I do have my Ralph Cramden moments though...

I don't think so either.  I am just saying I like the look and if they did I wouldn't have a conniption fit like some might. The only uni's I simply didn't like were the all brown uni's. Those looked bad....bad meaning bad.