THE BROWNS BOARD

Name Two Dark Horse Teams to Make the SB

TexasAg1969

1. I'll take Miami (I know Jalen Ramsey is out until Dec). They just signed a one year deal with Eli Apple. Add the rookie RB with WR hands and off they go.

2. #2 pick is Tenn who just gave D Hop to Tannehill to get that 2nd WR to help along with RB terror Henry. Will be fun to watch.

37 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Cowboys  I like the Brandin Cooks move and they added Gilmore too.

I don't like Dak... He chokes when it matters most..

On 7/30/2023 at 1:46 PM, syd said:

packers and browns

Dark horse means not expected to do well or succeed.

I'm not putting the Brown in that group. I'm expecting the Browns to go to the Super Bowl. You're not?

If not, then I appreciate your honesty.

On 7/30/2023 at 12:47 PM, TexasAg1969 said:

1. I'll take Miami (I know Jalen Ramsey is out until Dec). They just signed a one year deal with Eli Apple. Add the rookie RB with WR hands and off they go.

2. #2 pick is Tenn who just gave D Hop to Tannehill to get that 2nd WR to help along with RB terror Henry. Will be fun to watch.

Who's the NFC team you're choosing Aggies?

48 minutes ago, FY56 said:

I'm not putting the Brown in that group. I'm expecting the Browns to go to the Super Bowl. You're not?

You could also look at it like the Browns were in last place last year up against QBs like Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, Herbert, Rodgers with our franchise with history of disappointing exits in the playoffs.  I'd rather pick them as a Dark horse; because they usually gag when they're supposed to beat someone like Denver or even the Raiders at home in the post season.  

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, FY56 said:

vegas has us at 9.5 wins.so ya i would say dark horse 

On 7/31/2023 at 8:34 PM, Bob806 said:

Browns vs Lions

The world needs this. 1964 vs 1957.

I would really really really REALLY  love to be a homer here and say AFC Browns  NFC Lions because the Lions so deserve it. But the Browns are in one of the toughest divisions in football. You know what the Bengals are gonna bring, you know what the Ratbirds are going to bring IF Lamar can stay healthy. Then there's the Browns and the Steelers. I think the jury is still out on if Watson is the answer but I am still impressed with how well he did coming back from not playing professional football for two years. I'm excited to see what he has now the he's had a full camp and has had time to learn the offense and develop chemistry. And well, the Steelers are the Steelers. Just when you think they are dead they come back to life, they are like the cockroaches of the NFL, they just won't die. And nobody's really talking about them so I could see them quietly in contention at the end of the season or not, maybe they blow everybody's doors off in the division. It will certainly be a fun year.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Neo said:

I would really really really REALLY  love to be a homer here and say AFC Browns  NFC Lions because the Lions so deserve it. But the Browns are in one of the toughest divisions in football. You know what the Bengals are gonna bring, you know what the Ratbirds are going to bring IF Lamar can stay healthy. Then there's the Browns and the Steelers. I think the jury is still out on if Watson is the answer but I am still impressed with how well he did coming back from not playing professional football for two years. I'm excited to see what he has now the he's had a full camp and has had time to learn the offense and develop chemistry. And well, the Steelers are the Steelers. Just when you think they are dead they come back to life, they are like the cockroaches of the NFL, they just won't die. And nobody's really talking about them so I could see them quietly in contention at the end of the season or not, maybe they blow everybody's doors off in the division. It will certainly be a fun year.

Well done!  For decades, the Cleveland Browns looked in the mirror and saw the Detroit Lions.  That would be an amazing story to see them both get there.  Looking at all the great QBs in the AFC - I would think the Browns have the tougher challenge getting there.  That didn't stop me from making them my dark horse. Rumor has it, if you bet with your heart - you're never gonna be able to quit your day job.  I'm glad I like mine.

In my lifetime, it seems like some of the best football seasons in Cleveland take place when the expectations aren't that high. It's usually when fans are trying to be realistic hoping they can at least win half their games.  Next thing you know, they're going 11-5 with it as recently as 2020.  The year before we lost our team in the mid 90s, I remember Dan Dierdorf and Boomer's Esiah's Son predicting the Browns to go to the Super Bowl in a Pre-Season game about 1-2 months before the flatline.  

I learned to stop looking at the schedule for the teams Cleveland is supposed to beat.  For example, the team that embarrassed the Browns the most last year was Atlanta Falcons. It sure looked like they ran 10k with the football on our defense that day.  Instead of doing that, I'm more concerned with the Browns active roster and injury situation.

• Upvote 1

On 7/31/2023 at 9:54 PM, SdBacker80 said:

Cowboys  I like the Brandin Cooks move and they added Gilmore too.

I agree SdB!!! He's a very reliable, consistent performer.  If you play fantasy football, you can usually steal this guy late.  I have a feast or famine success rate. I got him late few years ago and finished the regular season in 2nd place and made it to the Championship Game and got rathoused.  The next year, I finished in last place of our 12 teams league and I didn't have Cooks.  1 year later, I got Cooks again late and only lost 1 game and finished the regular season in 1st place and won the Championship. The next year (last year) I finished in last place again and didn't draft Cooks.  Cooks was a luck coincidence for me; but I brought him up to keep in mind you as a bang for the buck late in the fantasy drafts....

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Flugel said:

I agree SdB!!! He's a very reliable, consistent performer.  If you play fantasy football, you can usually steal this guy late.  I have a feast or famine success rate. I got him late few years ago and finished the regular season in 2nd place and made it to the Championship Game and got rathoused.  The next year, I finished in last place of our 12 teams league and I didn't have Cooks.  1 year later, I got Cooks again late and only lost 1 game and finished the regular season in 1st place and won the Championship. The next year (last year) I finished in last place again and didn't draft Cooks.  Cooks was a luck coincidence for me; but I brought him up to keep in mind you as a bang for the buck late in the fantasy drafts....

Our draft last year one of the guys in league posted with my # pick im taking “Ole Reliable”.  He’s pretty rock solid has a good QB and a #1 to take the heat off of him.

I see a lot of Lions picks.  They remind me of the 2021 Browns.  Tons of hype - average QB coming off a career year.    Miami and Detroit both have a overrated feel for me.

I don't know if Miami is a darkhorse, but they have the talent on both sides of the ball.

The other dark horse, is the Chargers, to me.

They had a very good draft, their wr's are near tops in the league, I think they have a terrific head coach now...

Khalil Mack joins Joey Bosa and Derwin James on defense.... their offensive line is at or near top ten in the nfl.

19 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Saints. 

Saints have a good bit of talent, but PFF has their offensive line rated at #24 - they were rated 29th... but that doesn't men their oline will not gel and play terrific this year.

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

Saints have a good bit of talent, but PFF has their offensive line rated at #24 - they were rated 29th... but that doesn't men their oline will not gel and play terrific this year.

The saints also have Joe Woods as their DC... They'll tank...

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

It all comes down to the division if the Browns want to be a dark horse. Lamar has an injury history and so does Burrow. Their seasons are teetering on the health of their respective quarterbacks. Tyler Huntley did pretty good for the Ratbirds when Lamar was out, I'm not sure who Cinci's backup is. There isn't a very big body of work to say for sure that Pickett is the real deal and that could really benefit them and surprise alot of teams. I think Watson has what it takes to get us there and I feel he is another Kareem Hunt type. Made some mistakes and is here to work and prove himself. At least I hope so because I don't think I could take any more of QB carousel in Cleveland.