THE BROWNS BOARD

▪︎ 🏈 2023 Dutch's Browns Questions! ... ... 🔥

Dutch Oven

17 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Yes, yes and yes.

The narrative a few around here push that he's a pussy is laughable, if anything he might be too aggressive. Its just I've seen some games against (two specifically against New England) where it literally looks like Belichick and company are playing chess while our coaching staff was sticking checkers pieces up their asses. I question the team's collective intelligence the last few years, along with its collective intestinal fortitude. That's a bad combination, and the buck stops with Stefanski. 

I fully admit I might be broken as a Browns fan. Maybe this is some weird defense mechanism from me. Yet, I'm still excited at the prospect of another Browns season around the corner, too. 

We have UPenn running our team and Princeton putting the pieces together.  I’ll tell you right now these are thoughtful/intellectual guys that are more likely to get in their own way by overanalyzing versus not putting enough thought into things. 

Stefanski in my opinion is a risk taker. I recall many of us getting upset week 3 last year he goes for the TD instead of kicking the 20 yard field goal against Atlanta in the 1st Quarter.  I have less concern in those situations and the circumstances may have justified those actions our defense needed help and we needed to put up points.  You are right there is no ounce of pussy in him. 

But you have countless examples of one score games 3rd quarter. We are five wide shotgun with Chubb on the bench for three straight downs - is it panic? If not than Nick Chubb should be offered up for draft picks and pass catchers.  I believe he presses a bit - under 5 mins down by score - that’s fine- the play calling should be dictated more by the circumstances.

I also want to see more play design and calls taking advantage of our superior athleticism (Chubb) and route running (Cooper) and red zone physical superiority (Njoku).  Under Kevin, We get too cute sometimes and get away from our playmakers.  If Kevin coached the Cavs it may go something like this down by one and I have a play design where Allen could be trying 17 footer or Okoro shooting a three because the data says the other team may not expect it. 

If I’m losing it’s Nick Chubb short of the goal line or a play route design to get Cooper the ball.  The smartest guy in the room may try to spring Schwartz open 

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

We have UPenn running our team and Princeton putting the pieces together.  I’ll tell you right now these are thoughtful/intellectual guys that are more likely to get in their own way by overanalyzing versus not putting enough thought into things. 

Stefanski in my opinion is a risk taker. I recall many of us getting upset week 3 last year he goes for the TD instead of kicking the 20 yard field goal against Atlanta in the 1st Quarter.  I have less concern in those situations and the circumstances may have justified those actions our defense needed help and we needed to put up points.  You are right there is no ounce of pussy in him. 

But you have countless examples of one score games 3rd quarter. We are five wide shotgun with Chubb on the bench for three straight downs - is it panic? If not than Nick Chubb should be offered up for draft picks and pass catchers.  I believe he presses a bit - under 5 mins down by score - that’s fine- the play calling should be dictated more by the circumstances.

I also want to see more play design and calls taking advantage of our superior athleticism (Chubb) and route running (Cooper) and red zone physical superiority (Njoku).  Under Kevin, We get too cute sometimes and get away from our playmakers.  If Kevin coached the Cavs it may go something like this down by one and I have a play design where Allen could be trying 17 footer or Okoro shooting a three because the data says the other team may not expect it. 

If I’m losing it’s Nick Chubb short of the goal line or a play route design to get Cooper the ball.  The smartest guy in the room may try to spring Schwartz open 

Well said!   Piggybacks: For now, I want Schwartz exclusively for the Defense because that thing was a hot mess last year.  There's been some good points made about Stefanski in this thread; but I get the feeling when he's calling the plays - there's too many voices on the head-set (creating unnecessary confusion in a limited time to get the next play wired into the huddle).  There's too many Chiefs and not enough Indians to get the job done the way it needs to be.

Here's an outside the box wish:  I want to see us line-up Dawand Jones on the outside of either Tackle on occasion. Just a wrinkle - to throw off teams wanting to load up their attack on one pf the edges (ie: the blind side) .   It would seem like a complete waste just to have this guy watching all the action from the sidelines all year.  

• Thanks 1

■  GO  BROWNS !  

1. Browns record? ... 11-6
2. Bengals record? ... 11-6
3. Ravens record? ... 8-9
4. Steelers record? ... 7-10

5. How many points do the Browns score? How many points do the Browns allow? ... 420, 388
6. How many yards, touchdowns and interceptions does Deshaun Watson throw for? ... 4234, 36, 16
7. How many rushing yards and rushing touchdowns does Nick Chubb have? 1500,  12
8. Who leads the Browns in receptions? How many receptions? ... Coop,  90
9. Who is second for the Browns in receptions? How many receptions? Moore... 80
10. How many sacks COMBINED do Myles Garrett and Za'Darius Smith have? ... 36, 30

11. How many field goals does Dustin Hopkins attempt? How many does he make? ... 36, 30
12. Browns record vs the AFC North? ... 4-2
13. What two teams play in the Super Bowl? Who wins?  ... CLE OVER  SF,  Hey dream BIG !

• Upvote 1

• mjp28 locked this topic

~   This thread is locked.    September  10, 2023.  After a terrific  Cleveland   BROWNS  WEEK 1  Win.

This topic is locked, but your permissions allow you to add new replies.

• Thanks 1

• mjp28 unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
  • mjp28 changed the title to ▪︎ 🏈 2023 Dutch's Browns Questions! ... ... 🔥
  • 4 months later...
On 9/24/2023 at 10:29 PM, mjp28 said:

■  But you can review your predictions and others too anytime right here.   :D

Just a bump up to review.