THE BROWNS BOARD

▪︎ 🏈 2023 Dutch's Browns Questions! ... ... 🔥

Dutch Oven

It's that time again, boys! Time to make your predictions on another fun-filled Browns season - the season that is the reason we drink! As always, remember to read the questions carefully and answer them completely. Some questions have multiple parts. And as always, Go Browns!

1. Browns record?
2. Bengals record?

3. Ravens record?
4. Steelers record?
5. How many points do the Browns score? How many points do the Browns allow?
6. How many yards, touchdowns and interceptions does Deshaun Watson throw for?
7. How many rushing yards and rushing touchdowns does Nick Chubb have?
8. Who leads the Browns in receptions? How many receptions?
9. Who is second for the Browns in receptions? How many receptions?
10. How many sacks COMBINED do Myles Garrett and Za'Darius Smith have?
11. How many field goals does Dustin Hopkins attempt? How many does he make?
12. Browns record vs the AFC North?
13. What two teams play in the Super Bowl? Who wins?

This thread will be closed prior to kickoff of the Browns/Bengals game, Sunday September 10th. Good luck!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

It's that time again, boys! Time to make your predictions on another fun-filled Browns season - the season that is the reason we drink! As always, remember to read the questions carefully and answer them completely. Some questions have multiple parts. And as always, Go Browns!

1. Browns record? hoping for 11-6 or better
2. Bengals record? 10-7

3. Ravens record? 9-8
4. Steelers record? 11-6
5. How many points do the Browns score? How many points do the Browns allow? 437- 362
6. How many yards, touchdowns and interceptions does Deshaun Watson throw for? 4026-33-9
7. How many rushing yards and rushing touchdowns does Nick Chubb have? 1541- 10
8. Who leads the Browns in receptions? How many receptions? Cooper, 77
9. Who is second for the Browns in receptions? How many receptions? Moore, 58
10. How many sacks COMBINED do Myles Garrett and Za'Darius Smith have? 23
11. How many field goals does Dustin Hopkins attempt? How many does he make? 29/35
12. Browns record vs the AFC North? 4-2
13. What two teams play in the Super Bowl? Who wins? KC vs Washington. KC (hoping for Browns)

This thread will be closed prior to kickoff of the Browns/Bengals game, Sunday September 10th. Good luck!

• Upvote 1

1. Browns record?    10-7
2. Bengals record?  12-5

3. Ravens record?    9-8
4. Steelers record?  7-10
5. How many points do the Browns score? How many points do the Browns allow?         391/357
6. How many yards, touchdowns and interceptions does Deshaun Watson throw for?   4148/26/14
7. How many rushing yards and rushing touchdowns does Nick Chubb have?     1513/13
8. Who leads the Browns in receptions? How many receptions?      Cooper/111
9. Who is second for the Browns in receptions? How many receptions?      DPJ/71
10. How many sacks COMBINED do Myles Garrett and Za'Darius Smith have?     23
11. How many field goals does Dustin Hopkins attempt? How many does he make?     31/25
12. Browns record vs the AFC North?     3/3
13. What two teams play in the Super Bowl? Who wins?      Chargers/49ers/49ers

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, D Bone said:

13. What two teams play in the Super Bowl? Who wins?      Chargers/49ers/49ers

Chargers are all hype. The only way they get there is if the league fixes it for 'em, like the Rams a couple years ago IMHO.

. Browns record?    8-9
2. Bengals record?  10-7

3. Ravens record?    8--9
4. Steelers record?  7-10
5. How many points do the Browns score? How many points do the Browns allow?         349/250
6. How many yards, touchdowns and interceptions does Deshaun Watson throw for?   3879/30 td 15 ints
7. How many rushing yards and rushing touchdowns does Nick Chubb have?     1625/8 tds
8. Who leads the Browns in receptions? How many receptions?      Moore/87
9. Who is second for the Browns in receptions? How many receptions?      Cooper/76
10. How many sacks COMBINED do Myles Garrett and Za'Darius Smith have?     18
11. How many field goals does Dustin Hopkins attempt? How many does he make?     25/20
12. Browns record vs the AFC North?     3/3
13. What two teams play in the Super Bowl? Who wins?      Rematch KC/Philly - KC

1. Browns record?  11-6 
2. Bengals record? 12-5

3. Ravens record?  11-6
4. Steelers record? 11-6
5. How many points do the Browns score? 401  How many points do the Browns allow? 331
6. How many yards, touchdowns and interceptions does Deshaun Watson throw for? 4151 yards, 31 TDs, 11 INTs
7. How many rushing yards and rushing touchdowns does Nick Chubb have? 1751, 16 TD
8. Who leads the Browns in receptions? How many receptions?  Amari Cooper, 91 receptions
9. Who is second for the Browns in receptions? How many receptions?  Elijah Moore, 61 receptions
10. How many sacks COMBINED do Myles Garrett and Za'Darius Smith have? 36 sacks
11. How many field goals does Dustin Hopkins attempt?  How many does he make?  31 made in 36 attempts
12. Browns record vs the AFC North? 3-3
13. What two teams play in the Super Bowl? Who wins?  Cincinnati vrs Seattle   Cincinnati  becomes the 1st Super Bowl Champion QBed by a backup QB from the Buckeyes.  Gipper will be rolling in limburger cheese up in Heaven knowing there's finally a Buckeye QB that won a Super Bowl; while Art Schlichter will be celebrating how much $ he just won.

These were tough to answer this year.  Now I know how my wife felt when I asked her - "do you remember the year you were mad at me?"   To which she replied  "No, I just remember the one I almost wasn't..."    

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1. Browns record? 10-7
2. Bengals record? 12-5

3. Ravens record? 10-7
4. Steelers record? 10-7
5. How many points do the Browns score?  424 How many points do the Browns allow? 340
6. How many yards, touchdowns and interceptions does Deshaun Watson throw for? 4444 yds, 35 TDs 12 ints
7. How many rushing yards and rushing touchdowns does Nick Chubb have? 1423 yds 15 TDs
8. Who leads the Browns in receptions? How many receptions? Cooper  75
9. Who is second for the Browns in receptions? How many receptions? Moore 74
10. How many sacks COMBINED do Myles Garrett and Za'Darius Smith have? 27
11. How many field goals does Dustin Hopkins attempt? How many does he make? 25 of 30
12. Browns record vs the AFC North? 3-3
13. What two teams play in the Super Bowl? Who wins? KC repeats over Philly................again.

• Upvote 1

1. Browns record?  11-6
2. Bengals record? 12-5

3. Ravens record?  9-8
4. Steelers record?  10-7
5. How many points do the Browns score? How many points do the Browns allow?   401-352
6. How many yards, touchdowns and interceptions does Deshaun Watson throw for?  4046/41/14
7. How many rushing yards and rushing touchdowns does Nick Chubb have?  1386/13
8. Who leads the Browns in receptions? How many receptions?  Moore/85
9. Who is second for the Browns in receptions? How many receptions?  Cooper/81
10. How many sacks COMBINED do Myles Garrett and Za'Darius Smith have?   29
11. How many field goals does Dustin Hopkins attempt? How many does he make?  35 of 40
 4-2
13. What two teams play in the Super Bowl? Who wins?  KC over Philly

• Upvote 1

On 9/3/2023 at 7:21 AM, Dutch Oven said:

1. Browns record?
2. Bengals record?

3. Ravens record?
4. Steelers record?
5. How many points do the Browns score? How many points do the Browns allow?
6. How many yards, touchdowns and interceptions does Deshaun Watson throw for?
7. How many rushing yards and rushing touchdowns does Nick Chubb have?
8. Who leads the Browns in receptions? How many receptions?
9. Who is second for the Browns in receptions? How many receptions?
10. How many sacks COMBINED do Myles Garrett and Za'Darius Smith have?
11. How many field goals does Dustin Hopkins attempt? How many does he make?

1. 11-6

2.  11-6

3. 8-9

4. 9-8

5. 389 for and 333 against 

6.3874 yards 31 TDs 13 INTs

7. 1617 yards 11 TDs

8. Cooper 89

9.Njoku 59 - Moore misses time.  

10. 24

11. 27 for 33

12. 4-2.  We sweep the Steelers

13. Browns win a playoff game this season.  

Nobody is talking about the Bills…This is the year.   Bills and the Eagles.  The Eagles improved their roster and have a bad taste in their mouths.  Eagles are SB champs. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

@Nero

Hopefully you see this buddy!

Thanks for remembering, mate. 

I had seen the thread, but I have been really out from the NFL and I'm not going to be able to follow it this year, so instead of moving numbers up and down trying to do some lazy guesswork, I think I will pass.

I too believe you won't see much of me from now on, I have some big changes in my life atm (everything for good).

Take care guys. Don't you doubt that anytime I check on the NFL I will be looking and rooting for the Browns ;)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

On 9/3/2023 at 7:21 AM, Dutch Oven said:

1. Browns record? 12-5
2. Bengals record?11-6

3. Ravens record?11-6
4. Steelers record?8-9
5. How many points do the Browns score? How many points do the Browns allow?399-298
6. How many yards, touchdowns and interceptions does Deshaun Watson throw for?4275 33 9
7. How many rushing yards and rushing touchdowns does Nick Chubb have?1175 9
8. Who leads the Browns in receptions? How many receptions? cooper 79
9. Who is second for the Browns in receptions? How many receptions? moore 69
10. How many sacks COMBINED do Myles Garrett and Za'Darius Smith have? 29
11. How many field goals does Dustin Hopkins attempt? How many does he make?29-26
12. Browns record vs the AFC North?4-2
13. What two teams play in the Super Bowl? Who wins?Browns and 49'ers...Browns win big 42-17

• Upvote 1

1. Browns record? 12-5
2. Bengals record? 9-8

3. Ravens record? 7-10
4. Steelers record? 10-7
5. How many points do the Browns score?  How many points do the Browns allow? 411/333
6. How many yards, touchdowns and interceptions does Deshaun Watson throw for? 4156, 33,11
7. How many rushing yards and rushing touchdowns does Nick Chubb have? 1666, 16
8. Who leads the Browns in receptions? How many receptions? Cooper 79
9. Who is second for the Browns in receptions? How many receptions? Moore 61
10. How many sacks COMBINED do Myles Garrett and Za'Darius Smith have? 30
11. How many field goals does Dustin Hopkins attempt? How many does he make? 37/42
12. Browns record vs the AFC North? 4-2
13. What two teams play in the Super Bowl? Who wins? KC over SF

• Upvote 1

• mjp28 changed the title to ▪︎ 2023 Dutch's Browns Questions! ... 🏈 ...
  • mjp28 pinned this topic
On 9/3/2023 at 10:21 AM, Dutch Oven said:

1. Browns record? 10-6-1
2. Bengals record? 8-9, l think they’ll do better but l’m morally forbidden to predict anything but a losing record for the Bengals. 

3. Ravens record? 8-9
4. Steelers record? 6-11
5. How many points do the Browns score? How many points do the Browns allow? 434-402
6. How many yards, touchdowns and interceptions does Deshaun Watson throw for? 892-27-13
7. How many rushing yards and rushing touchdowns does Nick Chubb have? 1,602-22
8. Who leads the Browns in receptions? How many receptions? Cooper-82
9. Who is second for the Browns in receptions? How many receptions? Is this a new question? Njoku-69
10. How many sacks COMBINED do Myles Garrett and Za'Darius Smith have? 32
11. How many field goals does Dustin Hopkins attempt? How many does he make? 34-35
12. Browns record vs the AFC North? 4-2
13. What two teams play in the Super Bowl? Who wins? Browns-Packers, Browns

• Upvote 1

1. Browns record?   11-6
2. Bengals record?  10-7
3. Ravens record?   10-7
4. Steelers record?  9-8
5. How many points do the Browns score? How many points do the Browns allow? 405 // 370
6. How many yards, touchdowns and interceptions does Deshaun Watson throw for?  4200 // 33 // 8
7. How many rushing yards and rushing touchdowns does Nick Chubb have?  1300 // 15
8. Who leads the Browns in receptions? How many receptions? Moore // 79
9. Who is second for the Browns in receptions? How many receptions? Cooper // 74
10. How many sacks COMBINED do Myles Garrett and Za'Darius Smith have?  30.5
11. How many field goals does Dustin Hopkins attempt? How many does he make? 30 // 28
12. Browns record vs the AFC North?  4-2
13. What two teams play in the Super Bowl? Who wins?  Cleveland - Philly.  Cleveland Rocks

• Upvote 1

I guess I should get around to doing this before I leave for the weekend....

1. Browns record?  7-10
2. Bengals record? 12-5

3. Ravens record? 9-8
4. Steelers record? 10-7
5. How many points do the Browns score? How many points do the Browns allow? 395, 405
6. How many yards, touchdowns and interceptions does Deshaun Watson throw for? 3975, 26, 14
7. How many rushing yards and rushing touchdowns does Nick Chubb have? 1440, 9
8. Who leads the Browns in receptions? How many receptions? Cooper, 82
9. Who is second for the Browns in receptions? How many receptions? Moore, 72
10. How many sacks COMBINED do Myles Garrett and Za'Darius Smith have? 24
11. How many field goals does Dustin Hopkins attempt? How many does he make? 34/27
12. Browns record vs the AFC North? 2-4
Buffalo over Philadelphia 

I hope I'm dead wrong about this, because on paper this is a talented team, with an improved coaching staff, but they play in the AFC where almost all the best QBs play, and I just do not trust Stefanski to not somehow choke away tight games, which I think we are going to be in a lot of. I still think there will be a major shakeup after this season regarding the coaching staff and possibly the front office. I hope I'm wrong, and win a lot of "Big Dummy" awards come the two weeks leading up to the Super Bowl. :D

7 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I guess I should get around to doing this before I leave for the weekend...

Dutch I had a typo on this question on mine, so I edited my response to say 27, not 47.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Dutch I had a typo on this question on mine, so I edited my response to say 27, not 47.

Edit away, everyone has until Sunday before the kickoff of the Browns game to either edit their already entered predictions or to make predictions if they haven't yet. 

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Edit away, everyone has until Sunday before the kickoff of the Browns game to either edit their already entered predictions or to make predictions if they haven't yet. 

We can only hope we get 47 sacks for the whole defense.  Add that question and that's my answer.😁

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

We can only hope we get 47 sacks for the whole defense.  Add that question and that's my answer.😁

12 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I guess I should get around to doing this before I leave for the weekend....

1. Browns record?  7-10
2. Bengals record? 12-5

3. Ravens record? 9-8
4. Steelers record? 10-7
5. How many points do the Browns score? How many points do the Browns allow? 395, 405
6. How many yards, touchdowns and interceptions does Deshaun Watson throw for? 3975, 26, 14
7. How many rushing yards and rushing touchdowns does Nick Chubb have? 1440, 9
8. Who leads the Browns in receptions? How many receptions? Cooper, 82
9. Who is second for the Browns in receptions? How many receptions? Moore, 72
11. How many field goals does Dustin Hopkins attempt? How many does he make? 34/27
12. Browns record vs the AFC North? 2-4
Buffalo over Philadelphia 

I hope I'm dead wrong about this, because on paper this is a talented team, with an improved coaching staff, but they play in the AFC where almost all the best QBs play, and I just do not trust Stefanski to not somehow choke away tight games, which I think we are going to be in a lot of. I still think there will be a major shakeup after this season regarding the coaching staff and possibly the front office. I hope I'm wrong, and win a lot of "Big Dummy" awards come the two weeks leading up to the Super Bowl. :D

I hope you are wrong. I see 7 wins as a floor and that record could spell an end to 40% of our roster, our entire coaching staff and maybe the front office whom I think as a slighter longer leash.  7 wins to me would indicate a poorer performance from Watson and some other key injuries. 

I don’t see how this 2023 Browns Defense is worse than the 2022 version 381 pts. I don’t want to bring up his name again but “you know who” had no clue in my opinion and that to me is good enough for a measurable improvement let alone some of personnel changes that were made.

This is a tough division and conference, but our roster is about as complete as I’ve seen it since the rebirth.

6 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

I hope you are wrong. I see 7 wins as a floor and that record could spell an end to 40% of our roster, our entire coaching staff and maybe the front office whom I think as a slighter longer leash.  7 wins to me would indicate a poorer performance from Watson and some other key injuries. 

I don’t see how this 2023 Browns Defense is worse than the 2022 version 381 pts. I don’t want to bring up his name again but “you know who” had no clue in my opinion and that to me is good enough for a measurable improvement let alone some of personnel changes that were made.

This is a tough division and conference, but our roster is about as complete as I’ve seen it since the rebirth.

I absolutely agree with everything you wrote. 

To be honest, logically, it doesn't make sense on paper how this team goes 7-10. I absolutely know this. I've seen what I think are definite upgrades at defensive coordinator and special teams coordinator. The DLine has definitely been improved. The WR room has improved. The offense SHOULD outscore what the defense gives up rather easily.

I just do not think this team is a winning team. I don't think when push comes to shove this is a team that makes the winning plays down the stretch. I think this is a team that is weak mentally, and can be punched in the mouth. 

I like Kevin Stefanski, but I don't think he's the guy to bring this team back to a legit playoff team. I'm not on the "WE NEED A RAH RAH BAD ASS WHO FOAMS AT THE MOUTH AND WILL KICK A PLAYER'S ASS IF THEY MESS UP" bandwagon, but I am in the "I want a head coach who has the team ready to play week in and week out and makes players accountable on and off the field" camp. I don't think Stefanski is that guy, sadly. I wasn't a big fan of his hire, then was pleasantly surprised in 2020, but he's regressed, and the team has too. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I absolutely agree with everything you wrote. 

To be honest, logically, it doesn't make sense on paper how this team goes 7-10. I absolutely know this. I've seen what I think are definite upgrades at defensive coordinator and special teams coordinator. The DLine has definitely been improved. The WR room has improved. The offense SHOULD outscore what the defense gives up rather easily.

I just do not think this team is a winning team. I don't think when push comes to shove this is a team that makes the winning plays down the stretch. I think this is a team that is weak mentally, and can be punched in the mouth. 

I like Kevin Stefanski, but I don't think he's the guy to bring this team back to a legit playoff team. I'm not on the "WE NEED A RAH RAH BAD ASS WHO FOAMS AT THE MOUTH AND WILL KICK A PLAYER'S ASS IF THEY MESS UP" bandwagon, but I am in the "I want a head coach who has the team ready to play week in and week out and makes players accountable on and off the field" camp. I don't think Stefanski is that guy, sadly. I wasn't a big fan of his hire, then was pleasantly surprised in 2020, but he's regressed, and the team has too. 

I hear you, but he’s also a guy that won coach of the year as a rookie. And for my own eyes and hazy recollection, l recall some magic that year. And by magic l mean an assortment of ballsy calls that worked out. There’s some aggressiveness in that guy. 

I can acknowledge some regression in his-right-call at-the right-time abilities the last couple years, but l have to hope that aggressive guy’s still in there and will challenge the team at the right times.

Days before the first game. It’s like the lead up to Christmas. Possibilities in the air! There’s a unicorn on my shoulder right now.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I hear you, but he’s also a guy that won coach of the year as a rookie. And for my own eyes and hazy recollection, l recall some magic that year. And by magic l mean an assortment of ballsy calls that worked out. There’s some aggressiveness in that guy. 

I can acknowledge some regression in his-right-call at-the right-time abilities the last couple years, but l have to hope that aggressive guy’s still in there and will challenge the team at the right times.

Days before the first game. It’s like the lead up to Christmas. Possibilities in the air! There’s a unicorn on my shoulder right now.

Yes, yes and yes.

The narrative a few around here push that he's a pussy is laughable, if anything he might be too aggressive. Its just I've seen some games against (two specifically against New England) where it literally looks like Belichick and company are playing chess while our coaching staff was sticking checkers pieces up their asses. I question the team's collective intelligence the last few years, along with its collective intestinal fortitude. That's a bad combination, and the buck stops with Stefanski. 

I fully admit I might be broken as a Browns fan. Maybe this is some weird defense mechanism from me. Yet, I'm still excited at the prospect of another Browns season around the corner, too. 

57 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Yes, yes and yes.

The narrative a few around here push that he's a pussy is laughable, if anything he might be too aggressive. Its just I've seen some games against (two specifically against New England) where it literally looks like Belichick and company are playing chess while our coaching staff was sticking checkers pieces up their asses. I question the team's collective intelligence the last few years, along with its collective intestinal fortitude. That's a bad combination, and the buck stops with Stefanski. 

I fully admit I might be broken as a Browns fan. Maybe this is some weird defense mechanism from me. Yet, I'm still excited at the prospect of another Browns season around the corner, too. 

Unabated enthusiasm is always great until it’s abated, which is probably true of anything that ever is or isn’t bated, including master. 

• Haha 1