THE BROWNS BOARD

Anyone missing Cade York? ( who ? lol ! )

Orion

3 minutes ago, ballpeen said:

Two things on Hopkins.

First:  The knock on him was he had limited distance.  Who the heck said that?.  They were wrong unless they expect a kicker to nail 65-70 yard kicks.  That 58 yard kick he made would have been good from 62-63 yards.  No distance my ass.

Second:  My only question about DH is why was he even available??  He can kick for any team in the league.

Sometimes those kickers get on a really great run. He's definitely on one right now for the Browns. Cade had a one kick run and then caved in.

DE Myles Garrett and K Dustin Hopkins earn league awards

Two weeks in a row for Hopkins.  Two games that we wouldn't have won if Berry didn't go and get him.  And not to continually beat on York...but the importance of that trade cannot be overstated.  

...oh, and, way to go Myles!  :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, syd said:

I said this once and never again,,,,,,,,,,dont fucking jinx it

I don't know.  He strikes it pretty true.  Something York struggled with though he will probably figure it out.  For him, I hope he does.  I don't hope for people to fail.

That isn't to say DH isn't going to miss some kicks.  All kickers do, even some shorter ones.  All are going to make a bad strike.  All are going to get a less than ideal holds and all are going to face some unpredictable wind conditions.

To me kickers are like golfers who only have one club.  Their distance is their distance.  They can't pull out a 3 iron when all they have is a 4 iron.  Even Ben Hogan, Jack, Tiger and Phil could hit bad shots, be it a bad strike, bad lie, or a screwy wind.

2 hours ago, Orion said:

DE Myles Garrett and K Dustin Hopkins earn league awards

Two weeks in a row for Hopkins.  Two games that we wouldn't have won if Berry didn't go and get him.  And not to continually beat on York...but the importance of that trade cannot be overstated.  

...oh, and, way to go Myles!  :) 

★  Oh YES !   Way to go guys !    Defense & Key Kickers are the way to close out close games.

And .....  GO BROWNS !       Who gets the awards next week ?       And maybe a three-peat here ?  (  Below and check out the BROWNS fans in the ring after the game .....  NICE !  )

IMG_0331.thumb.jpeg.d87efbcda7ba2d57b63fecd852630ad9.jpeg

• Like 1

• mjp28 changed the title to Anyone missing Cade York? ( who ? lol ! )
1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

★  Oh YES !   Way to go guys !    Defense & Key Kickers are the way to close out close games.

And .....  GO BROWNS !       Who gets the awards next week ?       And maybe a three-peat here ?  (  Below and check out the BROWNS fans in the ring after the game .....  NICE !  )

IMG_0331.thumb.jpeg.d87efbcda7ba2d57b63fecd852630ad9.jpeg

LOL I think I'm in that picture somewhere way up in the 400 level :) 

We didn't leave the stadium until way late, and we were right at 443, row 1.   

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

One-time Cleveland Browns kicker Cade York found a new home this week after he signed with the New York Giants, the team announced Friday.

York spent the 2023 season on the Tennessee Titans practice squad after the Browns released him before the season for Dustin Hopkins.

York kicked in all 17 games for the Browns this past season after Cleveland selected him in the fourth round of the 2022 draft. He went 24-32 on field goals and 35-37 on extra points. York’s 75 percent field goal conversion rate ranked 31st out of 33 kicks in 2022. A poor preseason plus the acquisition of Hopkins from the Los Angeles Chargers made York replaceable ahead of the season.

York will compete with Randy Bullock for the Giants’ starting kicker job after the Giants placed Graham Gano on injured reserve.

5 hours ago, syd said:

One-time Cleveland Browns kicker Cade York found a new home this week after he signed with the New York Giants, the team announced Friday.

York spent the 2023 season on the Tennessee Titans practice squad after the Browns released him before the season for Dustin Hopkins.

York kicked in all 17 games for the Browns this past season after Cleveland selected him in the fourth round of the 2022 draft. He went 24-32 on field goals and 35-37 on extra points. York’s 75 percent field goal conversion rate ranked 31st out of 33 kicks in 2022. A poor preseason plus the acquisition of Hopkins from the Los Angeles Chargers made York replaceable ahead of the season.

York will compete with Randy Bullock for the Giants’ starting kicker job after the Giants placed Graham Gano on injured reserve.

The now well travelled Cade York...  good luck, hope you can get your mojo back...  😉

6 hours ago, syd said:

One-time Cleveland Browns kicker Cade York found a new home this week......York kicked in all 17 games for the Browns this past season after Cleveland selected him in the fourth round of the 2022 draft. He went 24-32 on field goals and 35-37 on extra points. York’s 75 percent field goal conversion rate ranked  ★ 31st out of 33 kicks ★ in 2022. ★  A poor preseason plus the acquisition of Hopkins from the Los Angeles Chargers made York replaceable ahead of the season.

York will ★ compete with Randy Bullock for the Giants’ starting kicker job after the Giants placed Graham Gano on injured reserve.

★  Wow,  31st of 33 kicks .... that really is piss poor in any league .....  let's see if he can kick his way out of a paper bag.  Terms anyone ?  That would be interesting.

• 3 weeks later...