THE BROWNS BOARD

šŸˆ ~Ā  Ā The Miami Dolphins scoredĀ  70Ā  points today,Ā  Ā the most sinceĀ  1950 Ā šŸ”„

mjp28

15 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Ā There is some cause for a degree of excitement about the defense.Ā  Believe me, of all people here, I'm the most appreciative of what they've done.Ā 

Ā That said, let's be realistic too. We've faced several bottom dwelling offenses with a common theme - weakness up front.Ā  Ā The Ravens present a bit of a step up.Ā  But the good news is, the defenses that have had the most success against them structure a lot of what they do based on 5 man rushes.Ā  Something Schwartz has been favoring the last 3 weeks.Ā  Ā Only drawback is that you can't just scream into gaps now, with Lamar you have to be mindful of him taking off in a heartbeat.Ā Ā 

Ā But the matchup on paper, both the Browns offense AND defense, likely makes them early favorites.

No doubt we will have to have somebody a good portion of the time acting as a spy on Jackson.Ā  That or the ends will have to subdue a bit and play some contain of the edge.

3 hours ago, ballpeen said:

No doubt we will have to have somebody a good portion of the time acting as a spy on Jackson.Ā  That or the ends will have to subdue a bit and play some contain of the edge.

What I see is a D that is now good enough to constantly apply pressure from the entire front 7 and rotate very good 2nd stringers so everyone stays fresh the entire game. Jackson will be forced into turnovers & throwaways IMO. We shall see.

56 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Tom I'd strongly recommend you watch the Miami Offensive plays from Sunday. Innovative and proactive would be an understatement. Good Morning Football still talking about it as I type.

deserving post to get back on topic..

Mid November of last season the fins put up almost 40 on us (39) in Miami. They've only added a real rushing attack & a few tweaks to same WR's routes from what I'm seeing. Let's not forget Waddle ain't slow either & Tua is putting the ball on theĀ šŸ’°Ā 

I thought the master of defense Bill Belicheck, showed Denver how to play against the fins offense only losing at home 24-17 the week prior.

I'll be betting on the Bills defensive HC Sean McDermott to use some of Belicheck's ideas to slow this offensive train down with better defensive talent than the effort-less donkeys showed..Ā 

Fins still have to play a Eagles,Cowboys,KC, both NY's, Bills(2) & Pats defense coming.. Note.. New Years eve.. Miami at Ravens.. that maybe AFC meaningfulĀ 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, ballpeen said:

The most effective designs in countering Lamar actually haven't involved a spy, believe it or not.Ā 

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

The most effective designs in countering Lamar actually haven't involved a spy, believe it or not.Ā 

I can believe it.Ā  If you can bottle him up in the pocket with pressure, that would be the ideal.Ā  That is better than having 1 defender playing more or less neutral football unless Jackson starts to run, and even then, they have to be able to run with the guy.

If the DB's don't give him good targets and we apply pressure, that is the ticket, and this D can do that a good amount of the time.Ā  I don't buy it when people say Jackson can't throw.Ā  I do agree he isn't the best at hitting tight windows, especially under duress.Ā  Keep the guy sweating.Ā  We may or may not get the sacks, but we stand a good chance at having a shot at a few picks if the pressure gets him chucking the ball two feetĀ  high or wide to either side.

Ā 

I think we have a very good chance if we can limit rushing yards, no matter who runs the ball AND don't allow Andrews to go nuts on us.Ā  I think Schwartz will have a very specific plan on how to deal with Andrews.Ā  At least I hope so.

3 hours ago, gumby73 said:

deserving post to get back on topic..

Mid November of last season the fins put up almost 40 on us (39) in Miami. They've only added a real rushing attack & a few tweaks to same WR's routes from what I'm seeing. Let's not forget Waddle ain't slow either & Tua is putting the ball on theĀ šŸ’°

Except in this case Waddle was sidelined for that 70 point game.

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Except in this case Waddle was sidelined for that 70 point game.

Oh don't I know.. I'm down Waddle in my money fantasy league $ I have 3 choices...Should I play Tyler Lockett, DJ Moore or Elijah Moore ?Ā 

edit-- I lost Nick Chubb -$$, so I'm counting on your guy Derrick HenryĀ Ā 

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

Oh don't I know.. I'm down Waddle in my money fantasy league $ I have 3 choices...Should I play Tyler Lockett, DJ Moore or Elijah Moore ?Ā 

edit-- I lost Nick Chubb -$$, so I'm counting on your guy Derrick HenryĀ Ā 

I'd play Tyler Lockett. Sooner or later Henry will produce 2 or 3 TDs in a game (Just not against the #1 defense in the NFL šŸ˜).

On 9/24/2023 at 7:44 PM, Dutch Oven said:

The Redskins put up 72 in 1966 when they beat the Giants 72-41.Ā 

Established AugustĀ 16, 1965; 58 years ago
First season:Ā 1966.Ā 

If Miami were established in 1965 and first season was 1966 they wereĀ Ā BADĀ Ā went.Ā 3-11Ā Ā scored the most points in aĀ 29-28 WINĀ Ā over the also BADĀ  Houston Oilers.Ā 

Oh their 3 wins were from the alsoĀ  BADĀ  as Michael Jackson would say Denver Broncos and Houston Oilers (x2) in front of about 20,000 rabid fans.

ThatĀ NFL highĀ  73Ā  Ā points was done by George HalasĀ back in theĀ Ā 1940s .Ā  Ā  Ā So it goes. 73,Ā 72, 70, ...Ā in all time highest NFL points.poiI believe.Ā 

Some of these numbers need adjusted.Ā  Ā  Just for the recordsĀ  -but-Ā  it makes for fun chit-chat.Ā  Ā 

*Ā EDIT !Ā  It got my curiosity up,Ā  here they are pre and post SUPER BOWL era.Ā  (* with corrected data]

Most Points by One Team:

* Washington 72, New York Giants 41; Nov. 27, 1966 ( *not Miami)Ā 

This previously mentioned shootout not only set the record for most combined points in a game, the Giants also set the mark for most points by one team during a regular-season game.

Pre-Super Bowl Era: Chicago Bears 73, Washington 0; Dec. 8, 1940

Weā€™ll include this, but it wasĀ technically a playoff gameĀ before we had wild card, divisional rounds and everything else. The Bears lost to Washington 7-3 just a few weeks prior to the 1940 NFL Championship game, but itā€™s fair to say they flipped the script the second time around. Washington had nine turnovers and Chicago finished with 519 total yards. Just 119 of them were in the air (on 10 attempts) and Bill Osmanski rushed for a game-high 109 yards.Ā 

Most Points by One Team in the 21st Century:

Miami Dolphins 70, Denver Broncos 20; Sept. 24, 2023

Hereā€™s the rest of the teams that have put up 60 or more across league history:

• 70 ā€” Los Angeles Rams vs. Baltimore Colts (Oct. 22, 1950)
  • 66 ā€” Rochester Jeffersons vs. Fort Porter (Oct. 10, 1920)
  • 65 ā€” Los Angeles Rams vs. Detroit Lions (Oct. 29, 1950)
  • 65 ā€” Chicago Cardinals vs. New York Bulldogs (Nov. 13, 1949)
  • 64 ā€” Philadelphia Eagles vs. Cincinnati Reds (Nov. 6, 1934)
  • 63 ā€” Chicago Cardinals vs. New York Giants (Oct. 17, 1948)
  • 63 ā€” Pittsburgh Steelers vs. New York Giants (Nov. 30, 1952)
  • 62 ā€” Akron Pros vs. Oorang (Oct. 29, 1922)
  • 62 ā€” ā— Cleveland Browns vs. New York Giants (Dec. 6, 1953)Ā  Ā ā— those BAD ASS BROWNS in the 1950s !
  • 62 ā€” ā— Cleveland Browns vs. Washington (Nov. 7, 1954)Ā  ā—
  • 62 ā€” New York Giants vs. Philadelphia Eagles (Nov. 26, 1972)
  • 62 ā€” Atlanta Falcons vs. New Orleans Saints (Sept. 16, 1973)
  • 62 ā€” New York Jets vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Nov. 17, 1985)
  • 62 ā€” New Orleans Saints vs. Indianapolis Colts (Oct. 23, 2011)
  • 61 ā€” ā—† Cincinnati Bengals vs. Houston Oilers (Dec. 17, 1989)Ā  ā—† Ouch.
  • 61 ā€”Ā  ā™„ļøŽĀ Ā Chicago Bears vs. Green Bay Packers (Dec. 7, 1980)
  • 61 ā€” ā—† Cincinnati Bengals vs. Houston Oilers (Dec. 17, 1972)Ā  ā—† Cincinnati beating up on Houston again.Ā 
  • 61 ā€” ā™„ļøŽ Chicago Bears vs. San Francisco 49ers (Dec. 12, 1965)Ā  ā™„ļøŽ. The monsters of the Midway.
  • 60 ā€” Chicago Cardinals vs. Rochester Jeffersons (Oct. 7, 1923)
  • 60 ā€” Rock Island Independents vs. Crimson Giants (Oct. 15, 1922)Ā  -Ā  Oh yeah those Rock Island guys !
Edited by mjp28
The MOST points !

Could have had the record...that coach is a dumbass.Ā  That whole " didnt wanna run it up is such bullshit"Ā  Ā you put 70 on em...what is 3 more??Ā  What a loser.Ā  Its football...not a safe space for feelings.

• mjp28 changed the title to šŸˆ ~Ā  Ā The Miami Dolphins scoredĀ  70Ā  points today,Ā  Ā the most sinceĀ  1950 Ā šŸ”„