THE BROWNS BOARD

🏈 ~   The Miami Dolphins scored  70  points today,   the most since  1950  🔥

mjp28

~   The Miami Dolphins scored  70  points today,   the most since  1950  when the score was 70-20 in a game.   And only  2 points from the all time high from the   NFL all-time high  72  points.    Now how about that.       :o

The Dolphins entered Sunday’s game against the Broncos with back-to-back wins.

When triple zeroes lit up the scoreboard at Hard Rock Stadium, Miami didn’t just win its third consecutive game. The Dolphins dropped a whopping 70 points on the Broncos on their way to a 70-20 victory against Denver.     :huh:

While Miami finished two points shy of the NFL’s record for most points in a game (72), the Dolphins surpassed their franchise record for most points in a game (56). They also eclipsed the team’s previous record for most yards ever in a game (595), finishing with a total of 726 in the game. 

NFL fans were thrilled to see the Dolphins’ offensive firepower against a Broncos’ squad led by head coach Sean Payton and quarterback Russell Wilson. During the offseason, Payton took multiple jabs at former Broncos head coach Nathaniel Hackett—now the Jets offensive coordinator—for his poor performance with the franchise last season. After Denver surrendered 70 points, it appears that Payton might not be much better than Hackett in only three weeks of the season.

▪︎   The most points since 1950,  some 72 years ago the year I was born on  9/28/50.   Now how about that.    :ph34r:

20 minutes ago, Orion said:

To be a wet rag, I don't think it's in very good sportsmanship to run up the score like that.  But that's just me.

To be fair when you're up late like Q4 and you're up by 30+, 40+, 50+ you should empty the bench  -BUT-  if the bench guys keep scoring  I would let them.   Why not, it's their time to show what they can do.    It's only fair to them.   Also if a team were near an important record I would give them a reasonable chance. 

Pure padding the score is bad sportsmanship.   Eh ?

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

Titans had under 100yds offense.

Lowest in 49 years

Go Browns!!!!!

Hats off to our defense!!  As a matter of fact, hats, shirts, shoes, you name it!

But let's give some credit to the offense who put up 27 points on a very good D!  And burned up a lot of clock to keep our D rested and ready to go!

And what the heck, the special teams did their job well too.  A great team effort and win!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Both Mostert and Aggie RB Achane had 4 TDs each for Miami today.

Some crazy FL numbers today. 

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

The Redskins put up 72 in 1966 when they beat the Giants 72-41. 

That’s what I saw. 1966 not 1950

But seeing that team from the rockies get smoked was AWESOME. 

My third most hated team behind the stoolers and raturds

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Orion said:

And what the heck, the special teams did their job well too. 

We'd have to dig fairly deep today to find anything to bark about .. If I had to reach? It'd be this team needs a true Punt Returner.. DPJ ranks 25th in the NFL in PR

The defense forced 7 punts today (more to come).. DPJ only fielded 2 of them gaining 5.5 yrds/per.. Sometimes his decision to let it roll needs addressed.. but he's not risking turning it over either.. 

Like i said..We'd be reaching on a good game we played today   

4 hours ago, Orion said:

To be a wet rag, I don't think it's in very good sportsmanship to run up the score like that.  But that's just me.

Hey, the talking heads said the Dull-fans DID put in the backups. Like RB #3 is not going to try and score?    More talking head stuff- the Donkeys DID quit big time.... And it couldn't happen to a nicer team.  :D  

Personally, I would have gone for the yardage and scoring record.  😉

Take that- Elway. 

8 hours ago, gumby73 said:

We'd have to dig fairly deep today to find anything to bark about .. If I had to reach? It'd be this team needs a true Punt Returner.. DPJ ranks 25th in the NFL in PR

The defense forced 7 punts today (more to come).. DPJ only fielded 2 of them gaining 5.5 yrds/per.. Sometimes his decision to let it roll needs addressed.. but he's not risking turning it over either.. 

Like i said..We'd be reaching on a good game we played today   

Draft Ainias Smith A&M WR who is football uni faster than old Swartzy and far more sure handed as punt and ko returner as well as WR/Slot. Drafttek has him #138 overall and #2 slot which puts him in our draft range. Forget those glamour boys like Harrison of OSU higher up. They will be gone. Has great hands in heavy traffic both as WR and as Punt returner.

The Broncos are potentially in an absolute abomination of a scenario. A coach you got $100 million tied up with who seems like he should have stayed retired. A QB (who actually is playing better) but certainly isn't living up to a massive contract that isn't easy, at all, to get out of. I'll be very interested to see how the Payton sage unfolds- never been a huge fan of the dude and methinks he was a bit of a better coach with an all-time great QB, who knew?

On the other side, as my whole extended family are Dolphins fans I watched the first two games intently. Man, what can you say- their offense is hypnotic to watch. The accuracy and precision of the routes is just absurd, and the speed on the team is incredible. Their defense is good enough (around 20th in the NFL) for me to say they are the best team in the NFL right now. I've never seen a team just move the ball at absolute will like this in a long time.

21 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

The Broncos are potentially in an absolute abomination of a scenario. A coach you got $100 million tied up with who seems like he should have stayed retired. A QB (who actually is playing better) but certainly isn't living up to a massive contract that isn't easy, at all, to get out of. I'll be very interested to see how the Payton sage unfolds- never been a huge fan of the dude and methinks he was a bit of a better coach with an all-time great QB, who knew?

On the other side, as my whole extended family are Dolphins fans I watched the first two games intently. Man, what can you say- their offense is hypnotic to watch. The accuracy and precision of the routes is just absurd, and the speed on the team is incredible. Their defense is good enough (around 20th in the NFL) for me to say they are the best team in the NFL right now. I've never seen a team just move the ball at absolute will like this in a long time.

I had my doubts about the little midget running the show but.. He's shown consistency thus far.. He's the anti-Kyler Murray... The kid works hard,, He's articulate. And he shows heart and guile... Things you just can't measure right off... While being taller is certainly an advantage.. It by no means should be the rule...

I didn't see this thread, so I copied from another thread....

Glad 

Lol, yes idea that will remain my fantasy football team name til I die.

Regarding the hideous Broncos & Sean Payton, how does he have any credibility moving forward?

He blamed Nathaniel Hackett for all of the team's troubles publicly, then HIS Broncos give up 726 yards & 70 points. 

I'd say the seat is very very hot out west.

https://www.thebrownsboard.com/topic/67493-★-the-official-thread-🏈-★-browns-27-titans-3-game-3-🏈-september-24/?do=findComment&comment=1095570

On 9/24/2023 at 4:47 PM, mjp28 said:

~   The Miami Dolphins scored  70  points today,   the most since  1950  when the score was 70-20 in a game.   And only  2 points from the all time high from the   NFL all-time high  72  points.    Now how about that.       :o

The Dolphins entered Sunday’s game against the Broncos with back-to-back wins.

When triple zeroes lit up the scoreboard at Hard Rock Stadium, Miami didn’t just win its third consecutive game. The Dolphins dropped a whopping 70 points on the Broncos on their way to a 70-20 victory against Denver.     :huh:

While Miami finished two points shy of the NFL’s record for most points in a game (72), the Dolphins surpassed their franchise record for most points in a game (56). They also eclipsed the team’s previous record for most yards ever in a game (595), finishing with a total of 726 in the game. 

NFL fans were thrilled to see the Dolphins’ offensive firepower against a Broncos’ squad led by head coach Sean Payton and quarterback Russell Wilson. During the offseason, Payton took multiple jabs at former Broncos head coach Nathaniel Hackett—now the Jets offensive coordinator—for his poor performance with the franchise last season. After Denver surrendered 70 points, it appears that Payton might not be much better than Hackett in only three weeks of the season.

▪︎   The most points since 1950,  some 72 years ago the year I was born on  9/28/50.   Now how about that.    :ph34r:

I also masturbated 6 times this same day. That was the most for me since the day before.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

The Browns defense in their first three games has allowed a combined 491 yards. 

We haven't seen DT rotation shutting down the running game since Micheal Dean Perry & Big Daddy Harrison did back in the 80's (w/Bob Golic)

Watching Mo Hurst lineup up next to Dalvin Tomlinson brings me some old flashbacks of watching both

https://brownsdailydose.com/the-mount-rushmore-of-browns-middle-guards-and-nose-tackles/

Topic---Miami's speed kills skill-set, reminds me of what Raider Al Davis was trying to build in Oakland.. Miami used the trade/FA route.. Well Coached on offense   

There is some cause for a degree of excitement about the defense.  Believe me, of all people here, I'm the most appreciative of what they've done. 

That said, let's be realistic too. We've faced several bottom dwelling offenses with a common theme - weakness up front.   The Ravens present a bit of a step up.  But the good news is, the defenses that have had the most success against them structure a lot of what they do based on 5 man rushes.  Something Schwartz has been favoring the last 3 weeks.   Only drawback is that you can't just scream into gaps now, with Lamar you have to be mindful of him taking off in a heartbeat.  

But the matchup on paper, both the Browns offense AND defense, likely makes them early favorites.

46 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

There is some cause for a degree of excitement about the defense.  Believe me, of all people here, I'm the most appreciative of what they've done. 

That said, let's be realistic too. We've faced several bottom dwelling offenses with a common theme - weakness up front.   The Ravens present a bit of a step up.  But the good news is, the defenses that have had the most success against them structure a lot of what they do based on 5 man rushes.  Something Schwartz has been favoring the last 3 weeks.   Only drawback is that you can't just scream into gaps now, with Lamar you have to be mindful of him taking off in a heartbeat.  

But the matchup on paper, both the Browns offense AND defense, likely makes them early favorites.

The Browns haven't come out on top very often vs the Ratbirds, but usually play them tough. Lamar is like a waterbug, hard to catch lol.

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

Not so fast my friend. I identified Garrett way back when he was a freshman for this defense. No one believes in defense more than I. Maybe equally. My mantra has always been to build one around Garrett. And I was just as excited as you that they did it from as soon as the season ended including replacing a not so good D coordinator. That old saying never has changed. Defense wins Championships. And now we have that kind of defense that brings fear and mistakes to opposing QBs.

8 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Miami racked up 726 yards vs Denver Sunday.

The Browns defense in their first three games has allowed a combined 491 yards. 

Replay of Denver - Miami game on NFL Network at 7 pm CDT this evening. 8pm Ohio time. All three of those speedsters (Mostert, Hill & Achane) have Olympic level speed. It was a one-sided track meet.

8 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Replay of Denver - Miami game on NFL Network at 7 pm CDT this evening. 8pm Ohio time. All three of those speedsters (Mostert, Hill & Achane) have Olympic level speed. It was a one-sided track meet.

I still can't understand why SF would let Mostert walk... Him and Deebo were a force together with Breida right behind them... That was a great stable of backs.. Maybe economics played a part....

I guess that doesn't matter with having McCaffrey now....