THE BROWNS BOARD

▪︎ 🏈 ***The Official 49ers -17- vs BROWNS -19- game thread. WEEK 6 *** 🏈 Oct. 15. .... BIG "W"

Ibleedbrown

• mjp28 changed the title to ▪︎ 🏈 ***The Official 49ers -17- vs BROWNS -19- game thread. WEEK 6 *** 🏈 Oct. 15. .... BIG "W"
  • mjp28 unpinned this topic
On 10/15/2023 at 5:48 PM, SdBacker80 said:

Yeah I didn’t mind the boot action run pass option…maybe Stef trusted the decision making a little better. 

I was wrong I said two hours after the first scoring drive.  We Need to see some more glass half full from you next week 

You're damn right. It's so frustrating because if Watson was healthy, or even SEMI healthy and playing, I'd literally pick the Browns to win by double digits! That being said, I can't see a way he plays. He's close, but there's no way in my mind you can throw Watson out there if he's just now really throwing. No way. 

Soooooooo...here's what I'll say. We're a better team, even with PJ starting. If PJ actually uses his legs, avoids multiple INT's (he's definitely getting one, get that right), and doesn't fumble...we'll win. We HAVE to win the turnover battle and we'll win the game. So far we're 0-5 in turnovers, but I expect that to change and for Browns to win a gut-wrenching, down to the wire, heart attack special. 

Colts move the ball and score more than we're used to, as I like their coach and SOMEONE will devise a plan against us, it's just bound to happen. However...we get either a special teams or defensive score. I feel it. Browns rally late to win! Hows THAT for half full? LFG! 

Browns - 26

Colts - 23

• Thanks 1

On 10/16/2023 at 3:14 PM, hoorta said:

Hey, what do you expect from a program that was 25 cents? OK, that's $3.50 in 2023 dollars.  😉

But regarding the elf- it's you either love him, or hate him. He adorned the old Muni Stadium for years. As much a part of the Browns as Otto Graham or Jim Brown.  I happen to be in the former camp. Have several pieces of elf apparel.  

There were even rumblings about putting him on the helmets- that would have been a bad Idea. (Not having a logo on our helmets makes them unique) Though I did really like the Buccaneers wearing those orange throwback uniforms yesterday. 

~           I don't care if it was 25 cents  -or-  $25  it's just an   -UGLY-  little  elf.  Not even a  "nice"  NFL mascot.   Take a good look at it !   Now I sure hope that they   NEVER  are serious about putting it on a Cleveland BROWNS  football helmet. 

Hopefully this will somehow just  ..... move on.    :o

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

You're damn right. It's so frustrating because if Watson was healthy, or even SEMI healthy and playing, I'd literally pick the Browns to win by double digits! That being said, I can't see a way he plays. He's close, but there's no way in my mind you can throw Watson out there if he's just now really throwing. No way. 

Soooooooo...here's what I'll say. We're a better team, even with PJ starting. If PJ actually uses his legs, avoids multiple INT's (he's definitely getting one, get that right), and doesn't fumble...we'll win. We HAVE to win the turnover battle and we'll win the game. So far we're 0-5 in turnovers, but I expect that to change and for Browns to win a gut-wrenching, down to the wire, heart attack special. 

Colts move the ball and score more than we're used to, as I like their coach and SOMEONE will devise a plan against us, it's just bound to happen. However...we get either a special teams or defensive score. I feel it. Browns rally late to win! Hows THAT for half full? LFG! 

Browns - 26

Colts - 23

Alright!!!  Now we are going have some up and down play on Sunday especially with Walker and this might be a game where the defense isn’t its stellar self.  Hang with them. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Alright!!!  Now we are going have some up and down play on Sunday especially with Walker and this might be a game where the defense isn’t its stellar self.  Hang with them. 

Colts have lost their best DT, so I expect a lot of running by Ford, Hunt and occasionally by PJ (hopefully with slide built in and not passes late over the middle like he tried last game).

21 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Alright!!!  Now we are going have some up and down play on Sunday especially with Walker and this might be a game where the defense isn’t its stellar self.  Hang with them

What a difference a day makes! Based on the lobs Watson was throwing Thursday, virtually everyone said Watson had no chance to play this weekend, and probably not for a few MORE weeks. Well guess what? Watson was apparently throwing with gas yesterday and ramped it up nicely, so pending any setbacks, it's effing GO TIME. 

So what's that mean for the game? Honestly it means everything. I really don't like to hammer a Browns player, but like I've said before, people aren't truly understanding how badly PJ Walker played. For example, he made ONE pass to the middle and it got picked off early. He didn't LOOK to the middle until the very last drive where he bounced two passes to a wide open Moore who had miles of separation. He literally couldn't and wouldn't throw to the middle, which means 49's never really tried to defend it. Defense gets really easy when you just defend the sidelines, and that's when you get desperate and throw awful back shoulder fades that get picked off. 

Back to Watson. There will be no rust. There will be no "easing him into the game". Watson would NOT be playing unless he was healthy, which is why it took so long for him to come back. This game is in a dome, and not only that, but a dome where Watson averages 300 yards and 2 tds a game. Expect an overemphasized approach to getting Moore the ball in space, and not gadget runs, as well as force-feeding Njoku. Additionally, the Colts best run stuffing NT is now suspended for 6 games, and that's HUGE for us.

Lastly, Colts starting RT is out and their worst OL is starting. Colts have gods at LG and Center, but everyone else is DEPLORABLE. Gardner is worst in the league at dealing with Pressure. It's the NFL, weird shit happens on the road which keeps it close, but Browns pull away late after Colts are forced to go for a 4th down and fail to convert. 

Browns - 31

Colts - 13