THE BROWNS BOARD

A Few Random Thoughts

Flugel

No....and would be happy to sell them to you.

I can bring them up and leave them with Stan if he agrees and then meet up with him for the Steelers game on Thursday to collect the cash.

If not, we can find a way to work it out..

geeze dude.....this is quinns 3rd frigging year with the Browns....how can he not be familiar with his team mates? Need I remind you...he was TOUTED coming outta college as "NFL ready".

How many reps did Quinn get with the first string in training camp? :huh: There ya go!!!!!!

I think this was a good post. Really this year is very similar to 2007. QB battle, favorable schedule, lots of new offensive lineman, new OC and receivers. The Browns got beat easily that year also against a strong opponent. The season is not over. Next week the Browns play denver and that is a game I have slotted as a win. Lets wait awhile before we all jump off the cliff.

Brady Quinn CLE 14 36 185 0 0 23 VS Buffalo 2nd start.

Is that the game that you are using as an example of a good game? 5 FGs, a 72 yard run by harrison and a 2 yard run by cribbs after one of Edwards 3 interceptions. The defense and running gamePhil "Big Head" Dawson won this game. I would not use it as an example of what BQ can do.

here's a breakdown of that game i did a few months back. it speaks for itself and i agree, while it's his only win i feel it's a bad example to use to show Quinn in a positive light.

the first possession he benefited from the Wimbley INT, then the offense stalled and they punted.

then the Andra Davis' INT, which thankfully yielded a 40 yarder from Dawson.

the defense held them and they punted, but then we punted too.

next, B-Mac intercepts>>and Dawson hits from 33 yards.

6 points from 2 FG's in 5 possessions after 3 HUGE defensive plays in the form of INTs doesn't get it done in todays NFL.

following that the defense holds them again and they punt>>>Brady finally sustains a nice drive all the way down to the two where Cribbs gets airborne for the TD.

on the next drive Buffalo scores and it's CLE 13--BUF 7.

we punt, Buf kicks field goal. CLE 13--BUF 10.

next we punt, B-Mac forces fumble and Ahtyba Rubin recovers, yields another Dawson 43 yard FG.

Buffalo antes up>>CLE 16--BUF 13.

Harrison scored our last TD to this day, the 72 yarder but it's a wash because McKelvin runs back the kickoff 98 yards CLE 23--BUF 20.

Quinn settles for another Dawson FG from 22, after several overthrown passes nearly kill the drive multiple times. in fact, a penalty kept it alive.

the Browns force the Bills to punt...but then punt again themselves.

Buffalo rallies and T. Edwards sneaks it in himself for the TD>> CLE 26--BUF 27 uh oh!

next series Quinn is consistently inconsistent and after K2 goes out of bounds after a pass at the BUF 39 another series of incomplete passes leaves it 4th down with Dawson kicking a 56 AND HE MAKES IT!! CLE 29--BUF 27.

Lynch rushes the Bills into FG range but they miss their opportunity at a 47 yarder>>CLE wins. or for some around here>>>Quinn wins.

Thanks CMAC!

I know 5 FGs doesn't sound wonderful vrs Buffalo BUT if he threw 1 INT during any of those drives - we lose a close game and don't finish with 29 points. Jay Cutler had the SAME Buffalo team on their heels in a game he needed to win for his team. He threw an INT on their last drive in the red zone so they lost a heartbreaker, which NOW meant they had to go beat SD the next week to qualify for the playoffs. We know how that went.

- Tom F.

sure it would've hurt more if Quinn threw picks but let's be real: we won that game because Rian Lindell missed a 47 yard field goal.

Tom, i like that you have softened a little on Jamal and seem to be keeping an open mind. BUT, it needs mentioning that at 9:43 of the 2nd Qtr Lewis got a neck stinger on that 15 yard run. he played another quarter and even busted off another 14 yarder later but the previously mentioned hit had a lasting affect on him. he was used very sparingly in the 2nd half, if at all. instead Quinn threw from the shotgun exclusively (probably due to this) and it's most likely the reason for what some referred to as "weird" play-calling in the red zone ie: the attempts to score with Cribbs using the WildDawg instead of Jamal punching it in.

if we knew then what we know now it would change a lot of the posts on page one. he only had 11 carries...and had 57 yards, injured.

Jamal Lewis is underrated.

Archived