THE BROWNS BOARD

▪︎  The   🏈  - WEEK 9 - AZ 0 ..at.. ● CLEVELAND 27 Game 8 Thread  🏈  Nov. 5 - "W"

mjp28

2 minutes ago, bbedward said:

My only critique is ford being the #1 back. He must be a practice superstar or something but on the field he clearly is the 3rd best option.

I’d rather see strong get 20 carries

I know. Ford misses too many holes and cut backs and has a terrible habit of dancing for negative yards when he could get 1-4 yards. Ford also never breaks a tackle...like ever. Just really really missing Chubb. 

31 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

I know. Ford misses too many holes and cut backs and has a terrible habit of dancing for negative yards when he could get 1-4 yards. Ford also never breaks a tackle...like ever. Just really really missing Chubb. 

I Love CHUBB 

but what is are ypc ? and total rushing yards per game ? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, syd said:

I Love CHUBB 

but what is are ypc ? and total rushing yards per game ? 

This morning ESPN scrolled that the Browns were number with 177 yards rushing a game since week 5.  That's pretty freakin cool.  I know some of that was because the Browns were struggling to put together a consistent passing game.  I STILL like knowing the Browns can run the ball like that.

1 minute ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Very satisfying game. I’m not used to my dudes dominating all day long. It was kind of anticlimactic. 

How about our DT production thus far? 

Dalvin Tomlinson is an animal, and the other guys aren't bad too.

• Upvote 1

• mjp28 changed the title to ▪︎  The   🏈  - WEEK 9 - AZ 0 ..at.. ● CLEVELAND 27 Game 8 Thread  🏈  Nov. 5 - "W"
9 hours ago, mjp28 said:

27 to 0.   :rolleyes:

I seem to remember back in 1964 the Browns also beat the Baltimore Colts by a score of 27-0.  :) 

Not just pitching a shutout, but holding the Cardinals to under 100 total yards of offense.... 

But before we get all giddy... That (according to NFL.com) was the bottom of the barrel #32 team in the power rankings, and in the pole position for the #1 pick in the NFL draft. For good reason after that non performance.  The upcoming game on the road against the Ratbirds will be a sterner test. 

I was at the game too, so I haven't had time yet to watch the tape.  If Wills is done for the year, we're getting mighty thin on the o-line.  🙄 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Neo said:

Dalvin Tomlinson is an animal, and the other guys aren't bad too.

Absolutely Neo. It just jumps out at us how much DT position has been upgraded with Tomlinson, Harris and Hurst.  

If that's not enough, look at the game Jordan Elliott had to show us why Schwartz still has plans for him too.  I don't ever remember seeing Elliott perform at the level he played at yesterday.  

The Browns and us fans really needed a win like this.  Fun day!!!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Flugel said:

Absolutely Neo. It just jumps out at us how much DT position has been upgraded with Tomlinson, Harris and Hurst.  

If that's not enough, look at the game Jordan Elliott had to show us why Schwartz still has plans for him too.  I don't ever remember seeing Elliott perform at the level he played at yesterday.  

The Browns and us fans really needed a win like this.  Fun day!!!

Don't get too ahead of yourselves on Jordan. Having a good game, against a shitty Oline, isn't anything to write home about.  He has still been very up and down against most of the teams we've faced this season. 

Would it be nice if he turned a corner and became the player the front office envisioned when they drafted him? Absolutely.  But he's also on a contract year, and that gives me some hesitation. 

14 hours ago, Neo said:

Just look at all the adversity Steph has had to deal with this year and we are still 5-3. Coaches deserve a ton of credit 

I'm totally with you. Loved the little things, like slowly working Watson into the game. We were all probably a bit shaky on him, then he takes a couple hits, fires that ball down the sidelines to Cooper, and then had a nice little drive before half to get that FG, and that sets us up for a double-up opportunity after half...the kind of things good teams do. 

Furthermore, how about the little fake - end around wrinkle that we ran twice for probably 30 yards? The crowded backfield on Hunt's td run was also cool. Nothing fancy, just putting Nick Harris in at FB and throwing a wall of beef at the defense. It worked. 

Lots of items to talk about, but I thought coach was excellent on nearly everything. Let's do it again next week against probably the best team in the league. Time to make a statement. 

5 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Don't get too ahead of yourselves on Jordan. Having a good game, against a shitty Oline, isn't anything to write home about.  He has still been very up and down against most of the teams we've faced this season. 

Would it be nice if he turned a corner and became the player the front office envisioned when they drafted him? Absolutely.  But he's also on a contract year, and that gives me some hesitation. 

😆 Why you gotta kill my excitement with the bad opponent stuff?   I wasn't trying to be logical.  I was just trying to be the 1st syllable of fantastic.

All kidding aside, he's actually made plays in other games.  Unfortunately I do confess I haven't paid good enough attention to his consistency.   Prior to this year, I haven't seen this from him.

The Rats will battle-test him and the entire front 6 or 7 again this Sunday. 

• Upvote 1

• Zombo unpinned this topic
16 hours ago, Flugel said:

😆 Why you gotta kill my excitement with the bad opponent stuff?   I wasn't trying to be logical.  I was just trying to be the 1st syllable of fantastic.

All kidding aside, he's actually made plays in other games.  Unfortunately I do confess I haven't paid good enough attention to his consistency.   Prior to this year, I haven't seen this from him.

The Rats will battle-test him and the entire front 6 or 7 again this Sunday. 

I won't lie, I'm not overly optimistic about this upcoming game in Baltimore.

Bad time to lose your starting LT, even if he was overwhelmingly mediocre. 

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Seattle was optimistic about playing Baltimore until after opening kickoff.  Right now, Baltimore and Kansas City have dominating defenses nobody is talking about.  That sucks; because that fuels their "we're not getting any respect" unit-wide performance incentive.  Patience and a lack of carelessness can go a long way to staying in the game too long for Baltimore's comfort.  The Offensive Line has to bring their A game. All that said, Baltimore's OL has allowed them to be balanced.  Pittsburgh beat them without their offense playing Santa Claus to Baltimore's Defense. Something as little as ball security should be getting attention all week in practice.  Don't say we need it - practice the fundamentals.  Actions speak louder than words up against a team that has 1 guy in every gang tackle attempting to pry the football loose.

About Wills.  After a decent rookie year, it's always been the lack of effort/focus that bothered me about Wills.  It started with a sprained ankle; so I cut him some slack when I wasn't seeing the same guy at first.  Unfortunately, I've never seen the same guy I saw as a rookie again.  Yeah, we can say we're missing a starter - but has he played like an irreplaceable Left Tackle or has he continued to start because he was a 10th overall pick?  Benching him means the FO failed for all to see; so there's been very little effort to get him competition IMO.  I could be wrong about that.  Even if just  a coincidence the Browns signed an OT last week.  If he's a Left Tackle, we could actually see a guy named Watson protecting Deshaun Watson's blind side. My guess is it will be someone that's been here like Hudson. Whoever it is, the Browns will probably use a TE to help the backup LT as well as RBs/Nick Harris to lead block inside or chip the edge.  Depending on the matchups, they've had to do this with/for Wills as well. 

Edited by Flugel
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Coming off the home Zona shutout win.

You'd almost wish the schedule makers would have had Pittsburgh coming to our house this Week..

than, Travel to Baltimore the following week..

Hate these 2 opponents, somehow fell back to back in the middle of the Browns schedule only.. 

Huge 2 weeks, to hopefully split series  

• Like 1