THE BROWNS BOARD

▪︎  The   🏈  - WEEK 9 - AZ 0 ..at.. ● CLEVELAND 27 Game 8 Thread  🏈  Nov. 5 - "W"

mjp28

▪︎  The Offical 🏈  - WEEK 9 - ARIZONA (+10) ..at.. CLEVELAND Game 8 Thread 🏈 Nov. 5  ▪︎

Ever since Deshaun Watson was named   🏈  🏈   🏈   🏈  🏈 the active  QB ...

... it's been  raining   >~~~~~>   🏉     >~~~~~>  footballs in here !      :(

This is it,  the Cleveland BROWNS  opened a double-digit favorite  (-10) the OVER/UNDER opened (38) total points.

So there you go, Deshaun is the man !    Cleveland BROWNS  27   AZ Cards  0.....   SO NICE.

~        From  SB NATION,  DAWGS BY NATURE ....   Just FYI.

It’s Time to Dominate Again

• The Browns dominated the Bengals 24-3 in Week 1, and did the same to the Titans in Week 3 by a score of 27-3. Suffocating defense combined with efficient enough offense in those games. Now, the Browns are facing the Arizona Cardinals, who are arguably the worst team in football. The news also broke on Saturday that Kyler Murray will not be activated, so rookie Clayton Tune will get the start against the Browns’ defense:
  • The Cardinals do not have an exotic offense, and they don’t have a surplus of playmakers. The expectation should be that the speed of the Browns’ defense is too much for the Cardinals’ offensive line to handle, and too much for Tune to process if he’s trying to hold the ball for very long. Arizona’s offense is based on very basic plays, because they get in trouble when they try to push the ball. Cleveland’s defense should be craving the opportunity to shut that offense down and not give them an inch.
  • The defense will be without CB Greg Newsome this week, which meaning an uptick in playing time for rookie CB Cameron Mitchell. But I could also see the Browns giving much of those reps to S Rodney McLeod in defensive packages. Either way, against a team like the Cardinals, being without one starter in the secondary shouldn’t be a reason to worry, especially with CB M.J. Emerson playing well.

Welcome Back, Deshaun Watson, Part 10

• Here we go again. Browns fans are exhausted with the stories about Deshaun Watson; we want to go into a game once without him being the top talking point. For as much as he has still not been in sync, though, it is clear as day that the offense couldn’t get by any longer with P.J. Walker under center. The team has been limited in not being able to throw the ball downfield for weeks. Granted, Watson hasn’t nailed that component either, but he’s certainly capable of it.
  • As DBN’s Matt Wilson pointed out this week, the Cardinals are 25th in run defense, allowing 130+ yards rushing per week. They also struggle with their third down defense. Cleveland’s offensive approach last week did a great job at getting the offense into a lot of 3rd-and-3 or 3rd-and-4 type of situations. Hopefully, the offense can replicate that this week with Watson operating the offense.
  • The Browns traded Donovan Peoples-Jones this week, which opens up a significant amount of snaps in the starting lineup. Even though he wasn’t being targeted, he was seeing the most reps, and he was also a good downfield blocker. As much as I think DPJ got a raw deal in Cleveland, when you look at the fact that he was in the final year of his contract and Cedric Tillman was a third-round pick this year, you had to do something to get the rookie some playing time. Therefore, it’s not a bad move per se, but we’ll see how Tillman does and how Marquise Goodwin does with more reps too.

Quick Hitters

As I do every Sunday I will be on the edge of my seat hoping that the Browns win. I will be 69 on 12/22 and believe I remember games as far back as 1960, for sure 1961.

I never imagined I would actually see 39 years without another title. 

I just don't get the hatred and negative wishes toward Watson. The guy is a Browns player. WTF?

So, tomorrow: I don't give a shit about what the stats, analytics or experts say. With the Browns you can flush all that shit.

I am finally watching football they way I did as a kid. Expecting the greatest team ever to win.

I will end my day tomorrow as a Browns fan. Win, Lose, or Draw I say it again, fuck everyone who is not us.

PS just got back from a week at.the Atlantis resort. Wow. I am blessed. We are blessed. Go Browns.

• mjp28 changed the title to ▪︎  The Offical  🏈  - WEEK 9 - ARIZONA (+10) ..at.. CLEVELAND Game 8 Thread  🏈  Nov. 5
12 minutes ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

.....  And  Iam finally watching football they way I did as a kid. Expecting the greatest team ever to win.

I will end my day tomorrow as a Browns fan. Win, Lose, or Draw I say it again, fuck everyone who is not us.

PS just got back from a week at.the Atlantis resort. Wow. I am blessed. We are blessed. Go Browns.

That's right baby ....  1964 or bust !    And speak about bust it looks like you let a good one go !   WHEW !  Everyone else has left.

And .....  GO BROWNS !    A big time win today.

~       The latest  USA TODAY  WEEK 9 odds .....

NFL Week 9 point spreads

• Tennessee Titans (+3) at Pittsburgh Steelers (-3) ......  TNF
  • Miami Dolphins (+1.5) vs. Kansas City Chiefs (-1.5) (in Germany) ...... EARLY SUN AM.
  •  
  • Minnesota Vikings (+3.5) at Atlanta Falcons (-3.5)
  • Seattle Seahawks (+6) at Baltimore Ravens (-6)
  • Arizona Cardinals (+9) at Cleveland Browns (-9)
  • Los Angeles Rams (+3) at Green Bay Packers (-3)
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers (+2.5) at Houston Texans (-2.5)
  • Washington Commanders (+3) at New England Patriots (-3)
  • Chicago Bears (+8.5) at New Orleans Saints (-8.5)
  • Indianapolis Colts (-2.5) at Carolina Panthers (+2.5)
  • New York Giants (+1.5) at Las Vegas Raiders (-1.5)
  • Dallas Cowboys (+3) at Philadelphia Eagles (-3)
  •  
  • Buffalo Bills (+1.5) at Cincinnati Bengals (-1.5) ..... SNF
  • Los Angeles Chargers (-3.5) at New York Jets (+3.5) .... MNF

Getting ready to head down & tailgate, should be a blast. 

The game itself, well here's hoping the Browns D gets back on track. They've cooled the last 2 weeks 

C'mon DW just get it done.

Go Browns, always. Hell with the naysayers.

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, ballpeen said:

I won't be tailgating.  Plan on taking teh train out of brookpark around 9:30 and going in to the stadium when it opens.  Great weather for a Nov game.

We will be near the Settlers Landing Rapid stop fyi

Screenshot_20231105-062708.png

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

As I do every Sunday I will be on the edge of my seat hoping that the Browns win. I will be 69 on 12/22 and believe I remember games as far back as 1960, for sure 1961.

I just don't get the hatred and negative wishes toward Watson. The guy is a Browns player. WTF?

So, tomorrow: I don't give a shit about what the stats, analytics or experts say. With the Browns you can flush all that shit.

I am finally watching football they way I did as a kid. Expecting the greatest team ever to win.

What the Hell were you doing in my back yard?  You're welcome any time, just let me know.  If I left the back door unlocked for the Charles Chips guy - I'll do it for you too...

10 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

PS just got back from a week at.the Atlantis resort. Wow. I am blessed. We are blessed. Go Browns!

So on a 1 to 10 scale, 10 being best, how would you rate your Atlantis trip? What did you like most and were there any good snorkeling spots nearby?

54 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Depending upon which betting site you go to, Browns now at -13 to -12.5. That is a huge move which reflects both DW playing and Murray still on PUP until week 10.

EDIT: This is as close to a gimme as you will ever see in the NFL.

But then I remember ... They beat Dallas!

51 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

EDIT: This is as close to a gimme as you will ever see in the NFL.

Except it isn't.   The cardinals running game has been pretty damn creative this year, and like I tipped off in my film thread, there have been structures of runs the Browns struggle against more than others.   

The upside is that we're facing a rookie QB, making his first start on the road throwing to questionable receivers.   Schwartz has been uncharacteristically aggressive this year.  Blitzing QB's cleans up reads.  It'd be wise to just let the pass rush and the dawg pound do their thing.  With the health of the DB's in question,  make Tune think, read and hold onto the ball as much as possible.  

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Except it isn't.   The cardinals running game has been pretty damn creative this year, and like I tipped off in my film thread, there have been structures of runs the Browns struggle against more than others.   

The upside is that we're facing a rookie QB, making his first start on the road throwing to questionable receivers.   Schwartz has been uncharacteristically aggressive this year.  Blitzing QB's cleans up reads.  It'd be wise to just let the pass rush and the dawg pound do their thing.  With the health of the DB's in question,  make Tune think, read and hold onto the ball as much as possible.  

The problem though is when you don't have a body of work from the opposing QB to study... It is often hard to game plan for them... Bailey Zappe case and point...

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

With Watson starting today, at least we won't have to wonder what QB in the matchup looks more like the rookie.  At least we better not.  It is a sigh of relief that Keebler Murray isn't starting because he gave the Browns Defense fits matching up the last time we witnessed the little feller.

13 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

cool I have not been to a resort in years

GO BROWNS

1 minute ago, syd said:

Enjoy the game

GO BROWNS

~        CLE 33   AZ 23.      GO BROWNS !

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, tiamat63 said:

Just looking at Watson throwing on the sidelines.  

His release is very compact and quick, almost like it's deliberately from his ear and he's still experiencing a lot of discomfort. 

Said he's feels totally fine and something just happened this week where he feels all better. Cautiously optimistic! Leggo!