THE BROWNS BOARD

Stan "Atenears" Aten

Westside Steve

4 hours ago, nickers said:

Yeah , It's gonna take awhile... I got through a stroke.. I'll get through this.. My brother calls me "Unstoppable".. Or maybe I'm just insane after all.. LOL!

I'm sure many here think the latter... And I honestly don't care... I owe nobody nothing except to my parents who bred my life!

You're Nickers.  I don't want you changing.  Having said that, you were on my last nerve about Watson last Sunday.  Sipe had countless games like that and we ALL loved the guy.

4 hours ago, Flugel said:

You're Nickers.  I don't want you changing.  Having said that, you were on my last nerve about Watson last Sunday.  Sipe had countless games like that and we ALL loved the guy.

Sipe wasn't a scumbag... Siipe wasn't about money... He loved the game... I was one of the 4k that mobbed Hopkins Intl after that playoff win... I loved Brian Sipe..

3 minutes ago, nickers said:

Sipe wasn't a scumbag... Siipe wasn't about money... He loved the game... I was one of the 4k that mobbed Hopkins Intl after that playoff win... I loved Brian Sipe..

Sipe left the NFL for a much bigger contract with the USFL so he's just like any other successful NFL QB that wants to be paid for his talent.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Sipe left the NFL for a much bigger contract with the USFL so he's just like any other successful NFL QB that wants to be paid for his talent.

Good for him... He deserved it... Art was a cheap fucking bastard!......  He made money off concession stands like a mother fucker... Then bungled the franchise and moved because one.. He was dumb... #2.. Mike White wasn't innocent either and couldn't or wouldn't appease him in the fashion Art wanted..... And the Browns left... And yeah I remember when the Donald took him to the Gamblers I believe they were called.. I see Dutch still has Meat sticks in his mouth...

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, nickers said:

Good for him... He deserved it... Art was a cheap fucking bastard!......  He made money off concession stands like a mother fucker... Then bungled the franchise and moved because one.. He was dumb... #2.. Mike White wasn't innocent either and couldn't or wouldn't appease him in the fashion Art wanted..... And the Browns left... And yeah I remember when the Donald took him to the Gamblers I believe they were called.. I see Dutch still has Meat sticks in his mouth...

The bone spur survivor named his team the New Jersey Generals.  Other QBs that chased bigger contracts in the USFL were Jim Kelly, Steve Young, Bobby Hebert and Doug Flutie.  Kelly went to the Houston Gamblers; but I don't know who owned them.

43 minutes ago, Flugel said:

The bone spur survivor named his team the New Jersey Generals.  Other QBs that chased bigger contracts in the USFL were Jim Kelly, Steve Young, Bobby Hebert and Doug Flutie.  Kelly went to the Houston Gamblers; but I don't know who owned them.

So true Flugs,  if you're like  me  you remember the entire old NFL  records and history  -but-  we tend to forget or at least overlook some other histories like the USFL and some of the  "temporary"  people who sat in those chairs ..... no matter how briefly like Mr. Small Potatoes himself  (DJT?).   Some even shortened or ruined careers.   Eh ?    :(

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Flugel said:

Yeah that's it.. I couldn't remember the name Generals.. Speaking of Bobby Hebert... I liked that kid.. He was a pretty good gamer.. I thought Jim Mora senior ruined  him keeping him in a 1950's offense.. the Saints then were decent on Defense if I recall.. But their offense was old and tired... Mora senior I was not a fan of.. But his pressers were funny AF! lol...

18 hours ago, hoorta said:

Russ, I believe Stan was cremated... You could PM Kathy to find out for sure.... But it's becoming more frequent to have the cremains located in a cemetery nicharium, for lack of a better term.  

I understand.  That is why I said interred, not knowing if he was buried, placed in a wall, sitting on the mantel, or ashes spread out somewhere.

44 minutes ago, ballpeen said:

I understand.  That is why I said interred, not knowing if he was buried, placed in a wall, sitting on the mantel, or ashes spread out somewhere.

My brother and I placed some of our Dad's ashes behind the marker where his dorm on the A&M campus had existed. When asked on an Aggie fan board how we got permission I replied it was not about permission, but after the fact forgiveness. Got a lot of "Good bullshit!🐂" comments on that reply. LOL!😇😁