THE BROWNS BOARD

Deshaun Watson gone for the year

syd

This might sound stupid, but I'm genuinely just...sad. I know it's just football, but to go from such a high, to such a low...yeesh. I think I speak for a lot of Browns fans when I say we protect ourselves from thinking about positive outcomes and we joke about what awful way we'll lose next, just kidding around. Well, for the first time in maybe forever I indulged in thinking we could host a home playoff game. Heck, maybe Superbowl. Football is a cruel, tough business, huh folks. 😔

It's OK...we'll still have some fun. 💪

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, MDDawg said:

Looks like DTR is starting.

Bad idea. They should start him some time this season, just not against PIttsburgh. Something tells me if he has the same outing against the Stoolers as he had against the Ravens, he'll be out on the street and we will raid someone else's practice squad for a replacement. Seems like the Berry thing to do.

4 minutes ago, Neo said:

Bad idea. They should start him some time this season, just not against PIttsburgh. Something tells me if he has the same outing against the Stoolers as he had against the Ravens, he'll be out on the street and we will raid someone else's practice squad for a replacement. Seems like the Berry thing to do.

We better have another qb on the roster before Sunday, though obviously it’s too short notice to start against Pittsburgh.

DTR is fine against Pittsburgh, though. Can’t afford to baby him when the alternative is Walker throwing 5 picks.

2 hours ago, MDDawg said:

Rumors Tannenhill demanding a release. What do you guys think of him with this offense and defense compared to Ryan or Foles?

But would the Titans release him is the question?  Definitely a better option than Ryan or Foles.  

35 minutes ago, bbedward said:

We better have another qb on the roster before Sunday, though obviously it’s too short notice to start against Pittsburgh.

DTR is fine against Pittsburgh, though. Can’t afford to baby him when the alternative is Walker throwing 5 picks.

Berry is "looking".... Too bad Andy. As they say- you're a day late, and a dollar short. EDIT hot from NFL.com...  Should since they're starting DTR against the Steelers, they had better make sure they have Watt doubly accounted for on every play. If the season is going to go in the crapper, let's see what the rookie has.... We know what we have in Walker.  

PS... Checking shoulder anatomy, the glenoid bone is what your shoulder socket sits in...  "Displaced" means it's not just fractured, but the parts of the bone aren't together anymore. I'm not going to Buy Berry's rose colored glasses assessment either. Shit, you can get surgical scarring, adhesions, or early onset arthritis.  🙄

image.png.1393d4ba1f71ab06b14538ee89210374.png

Our owner and front office get everything they deserve, while the players, coaches and fans don't deserve any of it.  

DTR has to go full Stroud, or at least close to it for the team to have any chance.... can he? Yes. Will he? I know beside all of us fans, there will be an entire front office that will be praying that Stef can work a miracle, but if he cant', he'll be the scapegoat for the stupidest men in any room.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

This might sound stupid, but I'm genuinely just...sad. I know it's just football, but to go from such a high, to such a low...yeesh. I think I speak for a lot of Browns fans when I say we protect ourselves from thinking about positive outcomes and we joke about what awful way we'll lose next, just kidding around. Well, for the first time in maybe forever I indulged in thinking we could host a home playoff game. Heck, maybe Superbowl. Football is a cruel, tough business, huh folks. 😔

It's OK...we'll still have some fun. 💪

Hey jiggs,  we  guarantee  that the Cleveland BROWNS  -and-  the Cleveland fans  will  be ready to rock & roll and have some fun for the rest of the season.

You have absolutely nothing to lose with each and every game from the coin toss until the  final seconds  on the clock.   Let's go for it !

~ AND ~   GO BROWNS !      🏈

cleveland_browns_forum_940.png.b1a9c344d7f40890b0046c59e6906365.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

Our owner and front office get everything they deserve, while the players, coaches and fans don't deserve any of it.  

DTR has to go full Stroud, or at least close to it for the team to have any chance.... can he? Yes. Will he? I know beside all of us fans, there will be an entire front office that will be praying that Stef can work a miracle, but if he cant', he'll be the scapegoat for the stupidest men in any room.  

You're probably not old enough to remember Don Strock...  "We will Strock you."  😉 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Richiswhere said:

Not sure what the big deal is Watson's stats are almost exactly the same as last year.

The big deal is one backup is a 5th round rookie who had one of the worst qb performances ever seen in a browns uniform, and we’ve seen some bad performances over the years 

the other backup is a practice squad guy who decides his read pre snap and throws it regardless if he’s open or not after the snap 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Richiswhere said:

Not sure what the big deal is Watson's stats are almost exactly the same as last year.

Well, he's a lot better than what we've been putting out there in his absence.  It represents another lost season...and one that showed some promise.   We're back to playing with one arm tied behind our back.

I think the analytics playbook stays in the locker room, where it's been, for the rest of the season.  I think Dustin Hopkins is going to get many FG attempts as Stef will be setting up for and taking any points he can get.

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

You're probably not old enough to remember Don Strock...  "We will Strock you."  😉 

I actually go back to Milt Plum and Frank Ryan.

On Strock .... I had to go back and look it up to the 1988 injury filled list of starters  ~ and wow~  the forgettable ....

1988 Bernie Kosar (9) / Mike Pagel (4) / Gary Danielson (1) / Don Strock (2)

★  Four QBs, one year.  Amazing after the stable Cleveland BROWNS decades of - Graham, Plum,   Ryan, Nelson.  The (1946-1971) years. Four decades, four QBs.   ▪︎ Then the exciting but relatively stable  QB  years of Sipe (7) McDonald (1) Kosar (8 ÷/-) Testeverde (2), then the 1996-1998 no football years, break.

★  All in all a relatively stable quarterback club from  1946-1949,  1950-1995.  And then the break and a whole new world of  NFL quarterback football. (Later.)

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, ballpeen said:

I think we will be OK.  We can win 4-5 games down the stretch.

●--> When in the playoffs, D usually rules the day.  We have the D to go all the way. <--●  yes !

Oh yes .....  if you can play solid  "D"  and no mistakes, run the ball  "O",  reliable kicking game  just get in the playoffs and see how far you can run.

Again NO mistakes,  make clutch FGs .....  and run the clock.   Could be fun  (or gut wrenchingĺ)      :o

Edited by mjp28

9 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

I actually go back to Milt Plum and Frank Ryan.

On Strock .... I had to go back and look it up to the 1988 injury filled list of starters  ~ and wow~  the forgettable ....

1988 Bernie Kosar (9) / Mike Pagel (4) / Gary Danielson (1) / Don Strock (2)

Four QBs, one year.  Amazing after the stable Cleveland BROWNS decades of - Graham, Plum,   Ryan, Nelson.  The (1946-1971) years. Four decades, four QBs.   Then the exciting but relatively stable  QB  years of Sipe (7) McDonald (1) Kosar (8 ÷/-) Testeverde (2), then the 1996-1998 no football years, break.

All in all a relatively stable quarterback club from  1946-1949,  1950-1995.  And then the break and a whole new world of  NFL quarterback football. (Later.)

1988, yep I remember like it was yesterday.

I'm still pissed about Jerry Seaman's "whistle blew" BS, it cost us the playoffs win vs the Oilers. Clay Matthews picked up Moon's backward pass & ran it in for a TD, nullified. 

If course, he got promoted to head of NFL officiating a few years later

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Oh, I remember! My girlfriend (now wife) and I were late to my Mom's Christmas Eve dinner (bigger than even Christmas Day in our family) because I refused to leave until the Oilers game was over. I caught hell for it, but it was so worth it. 

Still one of the best Christmas Eve's ever.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, bbedward said:

Let’s call Peyton manning too, maybe Tim couch, and why not Dan Marino while we’re at it.

Bruh. Brady played last year. It's not like we need to sign him to a long term deal. Your comment is...kind of stupid. We're in a position to win right now. Brady is a proven winner. We need ½ a season. 

Just now, The Cysko Kid said:

Bruh. Brady played last year. It's not like we need to sign him to a long term deal. Your comment is...kind of stupid. We're in a position to win right now. Brady is a proven winner. We need ½ a season. 

I just mean that all of those things have a similar chance of happening. 46 y/o Brady isn’t going to come to Cleveland to chase another ring. I’ll send ya one of my bottles of bourbon if I’m wrong though  

1 minute ago, The Cysko Kid said:

If I were Berry I'd be on the phone trying to stroke his ego right now. What would I do for his legacy if he came out of his less than a year old retirement and took the fucking browns to the super bowl. 

Neither his legacy nor his bank account needs any help, it’d only be if he wants to try to relive the experience one more time - but he probably doesn’t wanna leave his Florida mansion to get beat up in Cleveland through the winter.

4 minutes ago, bbedward said:

I just mean that all of those things have a similar chance of happening. 46 y/o Brady isn’t going to come to Cleveland to chase another ring. I’ll send ya one of my bottles of bourbon if I’m wrong though  

Why wouldn't he? We're talking about Tom Brady, football psychopath. I'd be surprised if he wasn't sitting at the phone staring blankly at the wall waiting for it to ring. 

1 minute ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Unless the raiders release garrappolo there is literally no better option. 

I'd be ok with him for the short term...

The raiders are in the hunt for a wild card spot, not waiving garrapolo so he could get picked by another afc contender. Same kinda deal with tannehill and the titans

I just get the sad feeling berry will grab a practice squad nobody, and we’ll be banking on DTR and walker the rest of the way.