THE BROWNS BOARD

Deshaun Watson gone for the year

syd

12 hours ago, hoorta said:

But Tom....  He had a MRI when he screwed up his shoulder the first time. Do you want to believe they 

1) Either missed the fracture, (damn unlikely) or

2) Told him go out there and play with a displaced glenoid fracture?

Nope, I say new injury..  :(    

I don't buy it. I think they tried to do the same thing they did with Mayfield

6 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

it’s absolutely worth a phone call.

Brady's done. Let's just say for arguments sake he has an interest in joining the team, is he in shape or is he in that "I'm retired" mindset and let himself go? And unless his favorite security blanket comes out retirement also, I don't think it will end well for him here. His last season in Tampa was mediocre and I think he missed Gronkowski. 

I remember someone calling the off season the "silly" season. Seems like some Browns fans are already in the silly season. Why not call Brett Favre while we're at it.

Edit

Or you can really piss off a whole bunch of people and call Ben Roethlisberger to see if he's available. 😂

30 minutes ago, Neo said:

Brady's done. Let's just say for arguments sake he has an interest in joining the team, is he in shape or is he in that "I'm retired" mindset and let himself go? And unless his favorite security blanket comes out retirement also, I don't think it will end well for him here. His last season in Tampa was mediocre and I think he missed Gronkowski. 

I remember someone calling the off season the "silly" season. Seems like some Browns fans are already in the silly season. Why not call Brett Favre while we're at it.

Edit

Or you can really piss off a whole bunch of people and call Ben Roethlisberger to see if he's available. 😂

If there’s one person in the history of the game of football who I’d bet is a) in great physical shape and b) would absolutely not be in the “retired” mindset it’s Brady. I wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest if that dude is still throwing footballs daily just for the sport of it. 

Again, I’m not silly. I get the odds are astronomically low. But if there’s one dude in the history of this game who would be a crazy enough bastard to say yes it’d be him. 

On 11/15/2023 at 9:56 PM, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

No cigar. You are even contradicting yourself. If the previous condition, as you say, made Watson more likely to get a worse injury, why the fuck was the 230 million dollar man allowed to play?

Having a strained weakened joint or was it a hit?

Let me give you the official diagnosis. It is called BULLSHIT. My best friend is an accomplished orthopedic surgeon..He calls this bullshit.

I suppose it is possible some hairline fracture started to form.  If so, ask your friend if it is easy to not detect such a fracture.  Also, is it possible the bone wasn't even showing signs of a fracture but could somehow be weakened just the point it could fracture but hadn't?

• Upvote 1

Just don't see Berry jumping into any panic decisions, until his week prepared Rookie QB get's this weekend.. (mojo)

When we Win ?  17 - 9

Berry's easy/cheap choice maybe QB Kellen Mond sitting on the Colts PS  🙄

Yes Browns fans... Don't Panic !   😇   

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Just don't see Berry jumping into any panic decisions, until his week prepared Rookie QB get's this weekend.. (mojo)

When we Win ? 

If this team was serious about making the playoffs... DTR wouldn't be starting.. I'd be calling someone with some playoff exp.

6 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

When we Win ? 

DTR is well-versed in the offense that Stefanski is trying to create for Watson. It fits him.

Unfortunately, he's a fifth round rookie, so he's probably not close to being able to run it in the NFL at this point. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

DTR is well-versed in the offense that Stefanski is trying to create for Watson. It fits him.

Unfortunately, he's a fifth round rookie, so he's probably not close to being able to run it in the NFL at this point. 

Berry needs this move to payoff..

I can't find, fault in AB or Stef for the QB's they kept on the 53 after camp. Heck.. Can't even blame them on not paying Dobbs or Brissette either.. They both wanted to compete for starter positions.. DTR performed well enough against 2 & 3's just as Dobbs & Mond did.. 

Berry stated at his bye presser about turnovers...   He's seen enough of PJ Walker after that presser !  Book it !

56 minutes ago, bbedward said:

The rumor is they’re working out a few veteran QBs in berea today, but they’ve been awfully quiet about it if that rumor is true

All hahas aside as well, he was spotted on a plane coming to Cleveland as well last night. Unless of course Joe has travel plans to visit the city in the middle of November, fair to say he’s getting a tryout. 

7 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

The Steelers are not a very good team. They really aren't. What they are however is managed and coached to a much higher level.

Schwatzer's defense is good, but still, he has Marty in him. Sorry, but he was passive against Geno Smith. They treated him as if he was Tom Brady.

Getting after Lamar forced him to rely on his accuracy and his brain, neither of which are stellar.

Kenny Pinkcunt is not a good QB. Like West Side Steve, or Costa, if you give him all day to pass, he will.

If The D flushes the pussy ass analytics down the toilet and simply realizes that pressuring mediocre QB will earn victories, then the Brown will smother the Steelers. if the Browns D is laying back, then they lose. It doesn't matter what our QB does, if Pinkcunt has time to throw, we lose.

Agree. 

Yeah, we can hate the Squealers all we want, but their coaching is very good. 

I've got family in Pittsburgh. They blame all the offensive woes on Canada. They don't love Tomlin but know he's organized.

The last couple of games Pitt has been relying on the running game. Shorten the game, rely on the D,  & they don't let Pickett throw a lot. 

Both teams figure it's a "winnable game," I just hope the Browns attack on D like you said. Can't let Jaylen Warren or Pickens make plays.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

Agree. 

Yeah, we can hate the Squealers all we want, but their coaching is very good. 

I've got family in Pittsburgh. They blame all the offensive woes on Canada. They don't love Tomlin but know he's organized.

The last couple of games Pitt has been relying on the running game. Shorten the game, rely on the D,  & they don't let Pickett throw a lot. 

Both teams figure it's a "winnable game," I just hope the Browns attack on D like you said. Can't let Jaylen Warren or Pickens make plays.

They are winning games only because of their takeaways, on every other metric they get outplayed. I haven't watched Steeler games to know how they are getting it done - is it intelligent scheming to get the takeaways, luck, or a bit of both?

The browns D has finally started to get the tipped balls and fumbles to bounce their way, but for the first few games they were getting nothing on that front.

Either way the Steelers have more of a talent issue than a coaching issue for sure.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, bbedward said:

- is it intelligent scheming to get the takeaways, luck, or a bit of both?

Probably all 3 damnit😬

They've generally been doing that for the last 50 years on defense. 

3 hours ago, bbedward said:

They are winning games only because of their takeaways, on every other metric they get outplayed. I haven't watched Steeler games to know how they are getting it done - is it intelligent scheming to get the takeaways, luck, or a bit of both?

The browns D has finally started to get the tipped balls and fumbles to bounce their way, but for the first few games they were getting nothing on that front.

Either way the Steelers have more of a talent issue than a coaching issue for sure.

I watched a lot of the Steelers- Green Bay game.  Fortunate turnovers- they got outplayed.  Same story the week before that against the Titans....

How to beat the Steelers Sunday? Don't turn the ball over. 

On 11/16/2023 at 1:20 PM, hoorta said:

Not so Jiggins... I had to double check.  waivers only apply to players with less than 4 years in the league. 

Tannehill has 11 years in the league which makes him a vested veteran... The rules are different.  :)   

Players with at least four accrued NFL seasons of service time are released. They're vested veterans. When a player gets released, it's the end of his contract. He becomes free to sign with any other team.

Yeah, those dreaming of getting Tom Brady... He's not currently under contract, just like Foles and Flacco.  

Seriously? That's interesting and something Browns Daily didn't know. They were saying Tannehill would be impossible for that reason. Very interesting. 

On 11/16/2023 at 6:41 PM, Flugel said:

Not only that, but how much cap space is left to sign a veteran QB or someone of Brady's caliber?

Guy like Flacco would probably work for prorated vet minimum Tom.   😉

On 11/16/2023 at 6:47 PM, bbedward said:

Browns have a lot more than people think, like $30M. Because they restructured a bunch of contracts.

But I’m pretty sure Brady’s living in a mansion on a Florida island and money is not the obstacle with bringing him out of retirement. The whole brady idea was a meme that people took seriously

Mansion? Have any of you ever seen his floating mansion?   Yacht.  Not in Oprah or Jeff Bezos' league. A mere $6 million.    

image.png.debb0c843a674bb1bf1b2c3aad9706f5.png

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Seriously? That's interesting and something Browns Daily didn't know. They were saying Tannehill would be impossible for that reason. Very interesting. 

And as bb pointed out to me- after the trade deadline passes any player who's released has to go through waivers.  

• Like 1

On 11/17/2023 at 7:50 AM, gumby73 said:

Berry needs this move to payoff..

I can't find, fault in AB or Stef for the QB's they kept on the 53 after camp. Heck.. Can't even blame them on not paying Dobbs or Brissette either.. They both wanted to compete for starter positions.. DTR performed well enough against 2 & 3's just as Dobbs & Mond did.. 

Berry stated at his bye presser about turnovers...   He's seen enough of PJ Walker after that presser !  Book it !

It isn't exactly Rocket Science why Stef is going with DTR.  Walker, Texas Ranger.. 1 touchdown, 5 interceptions, QBR 51.  But LOL, he's got experience... Experience at sucking and throwing inaccurate passes 1\2 the time. (49% completion rate) . .  

DTR a 5th round pick. I'll let you look up where Brock Purdy got drafted.  :)  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kvoethe said:

You are obsessed.

Its obvious from your behavior on here that there's at least one restraining order out on you. 🤣

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

You are obsessed.

Its obvious from your behavior on here that there's at least one restraining order out on you. 🤣

3/10 for orginality and lack of reading comprehension.