THE BROWNS BOARD

DTR

Jax

This is not a hype thread for DTR, but he is our starter for the Steeler game.

I needed to feel better about our chances so I looked up a quick youtube highlight reel of DTR.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10097438-dorian-thompson-robinson-to-start-for-browns-vs-steelers-amid-deshaun-watson-injury

I'm under no delusions here, the Steelers are going to be coming at this guy big time.

If we can pull out a win here there is hope.

• Thanks 1

At least he'll have some practices to establish some degree of chemistry with the starting Receivers before the game this time. 

The thing I'm most worried about is the strength of Pittsburgh's Defense is their Edge Rushers with the reality the Browns are counting on backup Tackles to stop them.  1st thought is gee, what could go wrong?  Having said that, is it possible to play any worse than Wills did the last time Cleveland faced Pittsburgh?  At the RT spot Jack Conklin was supposed to play this year - the Browns could be missing his backup Dawand Jones to give the 3rd man on the depth chart (James Hudson) his second consecutive start.  As scary as that sounds, Jones' 1st NFL start was quite a learning experience on pass pro against TJ Watt.  He's been pretty impressive since then; so it would be nice if the Browns could get him back out there.

As bad as all that sounds, one of the commentators in last week's game said the 1st place Ratbirds were leading the NFL in sacks.  The good news is the 2 backup Tackles/running game, veteran QB and Cleveland Defense didn't allow all that to beat them.  Unfortunately the Browns aren't going to have an experienced QB this week; but that doesn't change the reality that this is still a run 1st football team.  As horrible as it was to lose Chubb in week 2 - the Browns have continued to do well running the ball with Hunt and Ford; while Pierre Strong has shown he can make valuable contributions as well. This time around for DTR, he'll have enough practices with the starters and plays within game plan to feel far more prepared than the 1st time.  

I imagine the talk on all the sports media is going to be how much fun Pittsburgh's Defense is going to have with all the possibilities and opportunities that are seemingly lining up to favor them in the matchup.  The 2 things that should not change are the Browns' ability to run the ball and perform like a top rated defense. The 1st time Cleveland played Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh's defense scored 2 TDs against the Browns' passing game.  The team that stayed more patient with who they are on offense won the game. I get the feeling a lot of Pittsburgh's wins this year are because of this. Let's hope the Browns learned from that 1st matchup.  If memory serves me right, they only lost by 4 points on the road there.  Let's see what happens...

Stef has a hard time understanding this Steelers defense and we go into the game with the same f’ing tomfoolery.  You need balance run/pass in the second half and you can’t wait on long developing routes with relentless pressure they bring off the edges.  Stef has a propensity to panic especially with second half play calls. 

and then fans come out of it with some illusion that are offensive line is lousy.

screen them the death, make their back 7 cover and tackle Njoku, qb designed runs…you all are smart…plays that keep edge rushers off balance.  If you want to go deep max protect.  And we need to play on the edge (dirty wise) like chipping Watt roughly.   I’m tired of these aholes playing the “Steeler way” and knocking guys out of the game. 

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, nickers said:

This is the NFL.. Based on what I've seen from him thus far...(in the NFL). I have 0 confidence in him... Prove me wrong!

Browns game plan against the Steelers isn't rocket science....  We're going to run, run, and run some more. Pass only when necessary.  

Of course the Steelers will be expecting that.  So watch Stef try to pass them silly.  :D 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Browns game plan against the Steelers isn't rocket science....  We're going to run, run, and run some more. Pass only when necessary.  

Of course the Steelers will be expecting that.  So watch Stef try to pass them silly.  :D 

A little FYI about Watsons contract.. Although it is guaranteed.. There are 2 outs..1) being if he does anything illegal or anything considered detrimental to the team.... 2) if he gets one more league suspension... So far.. He's behaved...

2 minutes ago, nickers said:

A little FYI about Watsons contract.. Although it is guaranteed.. There are 2 outs..1) being if he does anything illegal or anything considered detrimental to the team.... 2) if he gets one more league suspension... So far.. He's behaved...

During his post surgical therapy, a few scantly dressed massage therapists and a well positioned nanny cam would do the trick.

Still too soon? 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, D Bone said:

During his post surgical therapy, a few scantly dressed massage therapists and a well positioned nanny cam would do the trick.

Still too soon? 

Sounds about right

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Stef has a hard time understanding this Steelers defense and we go into the game with the same f’ing tomfoolery.  You need balance run/pass in the second half and you can’t wait on long developing routes with relentless pressure they bring off the edges.  Stef has a propensity to panic especially with second half play calls. 

and then fans come out of it with some illusion that are offensive line is lousy.

screen them the death, make their back 7 cover and tackle Njoku, qb designed runs…you all are smart…plays that keep edge rushers off balance.  If you want to go deep max protect.  And we need to play on the edge (dirty wise) like chipping Watt roughly.   I’m tired of these aholes playing the “Steeler way” and knocking guys out of the game. 

The above makes good sense, so that is not what Stef is going to do. The below is, unfortunately :wacko:

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Nice!   Well said and I like the feisty delivery.  It's perfect for the news we got this week. 

I noticed some teams inclusive of the Browns have had 2nd half leads on Pittsburgh only to get impatient with their game plans.  Next thing you know Pittsburgh got their lead back; and then we had to listen to the annoying praise of Mike Tomlin.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nickers said:

So you're saying he could run for President if he gets in trouble?  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Flugel said:

You'd be surprised what famous people are allowed to do to a specific part of the female anatomy and get away with it according to one ex-president. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Flugel said:

Well Tricky Dicky did so ... Anythings possible

Dear Kevin, 

qe0bzmbdqq6a1.thumb.jpg.eb917d338fe0c0017f628eab16deab83.jpg

Our diner play call sheet, says this rookie QB don't have to do Deshaun Watson heroics things to win this game.. 

Use the play calls the kid's talent got him drafted with..

Simplified... Do we have a roster'd QB that will kindly please stop gift wrapping turnovers into scores ?

Signed, just curious/furious 😇

Gumby 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

Dear Kevin, 

Our diner play call sheet, says this rookie QB don't have to do Deshaun Watson heroics things to win this game.. 

Simplified... Do we have a roster'd QB that will kindly please stop gift wrapping turnovers into scores ?

Gumby 

I would echo those exact sentiments!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Dear Kevin, 

Gumby 

At least this time he's had an opportunity to throw to 1st string Receivers leading up to the game in terms of establishing some degree of chemistry.  Not only that, but he's practiced that with the game plan so it won't feel like needing to learn a new language in 60 minutes. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
39 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

That’s too bad, I guess he took some hits in garbage time that should have been avoided. Wrap Joey Flacco in bubble wrap

He may be able to come back for the afc championship though 😉

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, bbedward said:

That’s too bad, I guess he took some hits in garbage time that should have been avoided. Wrap Joey Flacco in bubble wrap

He may be able to come back for the afc championship though 😉

This is the play I cursed Hudson on, I think. It was the second or third time Hudson mistimed his jab and essentially whiffed. So frustrating, but like Flugel said, he's the backup and that stuff happens. Just really stinks. 

Hopefully we don't need him! Never would I imagined a win to get in scenario. A home game...at night...and that place better be ROCKING. 

On 4th and 11 DTR took a 10 yard sack.  He just doesn't get rid of the ball in time.  He could've just heaved it up in the air towards the end zone.  

...of course I'm sorry the player is injured.