THE BROWNS BOARD

QB Workout

SdBacker80

My opinion - Flacco is on par with any other FA QB that's out there. Not mobile, but at least he can throw downfield unlike a Colt McCoy option. 

The ideal scenario is DTR demonstrating NFL competency on Sunday, so that someone like Flacco could be the QB2. Though the corpse of Joe Flacco beating the Ravens in the playoffs would rival 2020's wild card win.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Browns holding a QB workout today.

Joe Flacco is in town 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/11/17/browns-hosting-free-agent-qb-joe-flacco-for-workout 

SD you beat me to to this story.  It seems like Flacco might be a good backup QB  worth a tryout .....  we'll see.   

Browns Flacco Football

FILE - New York Jets quarterback Joe Flacco warms up before an NFL football game against the Miami Dolphins, Sunday, Jan. 8, 2023, in Miami Gardens, Fla. Former Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco is working out Friday for the Cleveland Browns, who are still working out their changing quarterback situation, a person familiar with the visit told The Associated Press on Friday, Nov. 17, 2023. The 38-year-old Flacco could be an option for the Browns, who lost Deshaun Watson for the season earlier this week with a broken bone in his shoulder. (AP Photo/Lynne Sladky, FIle)
ASSOCIATED PRESS
More

BEREA, Ohio (AP) — Former Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco is working out Friday for the Cleveland Browns, who are still sorting through their changing quarterback situation, a person familiar with the visit told The Associated Press.

The 38-year-old Flacco could be an option for the Browns, who lost Deshaun Watson for the season earlier this week with a broken bone in his right shoulder.

Flacco is the only QB being worked out Friday at the team's facility, said the person who spoke on condition of anonymity because the club never publicly discloses any player workouts.

Flacco rallied the New York Jets to an improbable comeback win over the Browns last season. the earliest, and the Browns need help now.  |-->  continuef  -->

AP NFL: https://apnews.com/hub/nfl

Edited by mjp28
Flacco a go ?
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Browns holding a QB workout today.

Joe Flacco is in town 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/11/17/browns-hosting-free-agent-qb-joe-flacco-for-workout

How old is Joey Bottoflacco anyway?   That could work like a next generation Vinny Testaverde getting called off the retirement couch by Bill Parcells with the Jets. He took them to an AFC Championship Game vrs Denver. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Flugel said:

How old is Joey Bottoflacco anyway?   That could work like a next generation Vinny Testaverde getting called off the retirement couch by Bill Parcells with the Jets. He took them to an AFC Championship Game vrs Denver. 

He's 38, played competently with the Jets last year - I mean threw 300+ and 4TD against us...

I'm kind of surprised he's not on a team honestly - the guy has gotten his bags of cash already but is happy to stick around even if it's just in a clipboard jesus role. He has a reputation for being a quick learner who loves the game and is known as a positive locker-room presence. He's known to be remarkably average in the regular season and then transcending into Tom Brady during the postseason for some reason.

With the Browns going the Flacco route, I assume they have also made a call to Matt Ryan and the like. Will be very happy to see them get a vet instead of a practice squad scrub like Kellen Mond

1 hour ago, bbedward said:

He's 38, played competently with the Jets last year - I mean threw 300+ and 4TD against us...

I'm kind of surprised he's not on a team honestly - the guy has gotten his bags of cash already but is happy to stick around even if it's just in a clipboard jesus role. He has a reputation for being a quick learner who loves the game and is known as a positive locker-room presence. He's known to be remarkably average in the regular season and then transcending into Tom Brady during the postseason for some reason.

With the Browns going the Flacco route, I assume they have also made a call to Matt Ryan and the like. Will be very happy to see them get a vet instead of a practice squad scrub like Kellen Mond

Thanks BB!  I'm surprised about that too. Like you pointed out - the last time we saw him play in 2022 he played well.  I'm surprised the Jets didn't try to sign him again given their current dumpster fire.  This is good news.

Like I mentioned in another thread, can we just appreciate that Berry has the chance to do something absolutely hilarious.

DeShaun haters: Thank goodness we don't have to deal with the pervert anymore.

A.Berry : *calls Ben Rothelisberger* "Hey Ben, we're looking for someone with playoff experience and by they way, we play the Steelers this week"

Ben: "Sure, I'm on the first flight to Cleveland."

Deshaun Haters: WTF?!

Steeler Fans: WTF?!

The whole world: WTF!?!?

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Orion said:

Berry:  So what do I have to do to get you to play the rest of the season for us Tom?

Brady:  Bring back Joe Thomas.  

Not happenin'.. JT's body is no where near NFL ready anymore..

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

Is there a law over on the Poliboard that all of you have to make this same joke? 

Wouldn't know. Haven't been around much lately. Hip rebuilt a couple weeks ago after an accident, sibling death, trying to get moved.. my apologies.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Axe said:

Wouldn't know. Haven't been around much lately. Hip rebuilt a couple weeks ago after an accident, sibling death, trying to get moved.. my apologies.

I can't imagine having your hip rebuilt was an easy procedure.... yikes! 

~          [  Translation : ]   Do you want  me  to tryout for   those   Cleveland  BROWNS ?   Really  now,     SO .....  how much will  my  guaranteed money

be  before   I  actually  will      take a snap  with the real football club be  ?    Tell me now,  just  before  us  here   on this phone call  is it ......

Over or under  $200 million ?   OK,  $100 million ?    $50 million ?    ......  What do you nean you do NOT have and money left ? 

YOU did  what on that other guy ???      :lol:       OH,  you've   got  to  be  kidding  me  ?         You  idiots.        :(            ~

download.webp

I’d bet a sixer on on Flacco being announced Monday. Not like it’s Tom Brady, but everyone would rather have him with the rookie than Walker. 

I can see it now, AFC divisional playoff - roquan smith sends DTR into the concussion protocol in the first quarter on a dirty hit that the refs don’t call, ravens fans cheer the injury and they get to a quick 7-0 lead. Flacco comes in and leads the browns to a 70-7 victory with a 8 TD, 560YD performance.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Is there a law over on the Poliboard that all of you have to make this same joke? 

Isn't it also a completely relevant question? Kaepernick has one of the biggest Nike endorsements in Football, on par with top active QB's. Earlier this year, they released the below high production value video showing his apparent readiness. Thereby also furthering his victim status, because clearly """a racist conspiracy""" is preventing him from playing.

If there was any truth to his ability and readiness to start an NFL game under center, Berry would have been on the phone. Heck, the Jets would have been when Rodgers got injured, and there were plenty of such examples in previous years.

Questioning the narrative around Kaepernick has merit from both a sports and political point of view. 

• Haha 2

Place your bets, on Joe Flacco's agent Joe Linta wanting QB starting money on any teams playoff hopes now .. (thanks Joie Buckets ;))

3.5 Mill was the cost the Jets paid for one season..  

why do a deal until the last snap of this week? 

stay tuned.. he ain't coming to tutor your QB  :)

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, mjp28 said:

~          [  Translation : ]   Do you want  me  to tryout for   those   Cleveland  BROWNS ?   Really  now,     SO .....  how much will  my  guaranteed money

be  before   I  actually  will      take a snap  with the real football club be  ?    Tell me now,  just  before  us  here   on this phone call  is it ......

Over or under  $200 million ?   OK,  $100 million ?    $50 million ?    ......  What do you nean you do NOT have and money left ? 

YOU did  what on that other guy ???      :lol:       OH,  you've   got  to  be  kidding  me  ?         You  idiots.        :(            ~

download.webp

Is that a picture of Stefanski wearing a Jets uniform on Halloween?  If so, that might be @nickers wearing the NE Patriots costume in the background preparing for the blind side "I didn't hear no whistle" hit. 

If it wasn't for gray facial hair on one of them - those 2 could have some fun sitting side by side and speaking for each other at pressers.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Korsou Dawg said:

Isn't it also a completely relevant question? Kaepernick has one of the biggest Nike endorsements in Football, on par with top active QB's. Earlier this year, they released the below high production value video showing his apparent readiness. Thereby also furthering his victim status, because clearly """a racist conspiracy""" is preventing him from playing.

If there was any truth to his ability and readiness to start an NFL game under center, Berry would have been on the phone. Heck, the Jets would have been when Rodgers got injured, and there were plenty of such examples in previous years.

Questioning the narrative around Kaepernick has merit from both a sports and political point of view. 

He hasn’t played in like 8 years and sucked ass the last time he did.

hes kinda like rg3 where he had a year where he looked promising.Then sucked ass the whole time, but people hang on to the decent season a decade ago.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, D Bone said:

In the current position the Browns are in at QB, how bad must Falcco's try out had been for them to say, "Thanks, we'll give you a call".  

Not it at all D Bone- it's solely about $$$.  See below...  

16 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Place your bets, on Joe Flacco's agent Joe Linta wanting QB starting money on any teams playoff hopes now .. (thanks Joie Buckets ;))

3.5 Mill was the cost the Jets paid for one season..  

why do a deal until the last snap of this week? 

stay tuned.. he ain't coming to tutor your QB  :)

He's the insurance policy in case DTR still isn't ready for prime time.  For those who haven't heard, the Bengals backup to their backup is AJ McCarron. JF just might want to see if there's going to be a bidding war for his services. 

Mr. Flackoff isn't going to sniff anywhere near starting QB money for being a 7 game rent-a-QB. And MHO is unless DTR totally flops, Flacco  wouldn't be asked to start. Nice gig if you can get it, around $3 million to carry a clipboard. Sure beats sitting at home watching NFL's Greatest Moments on the 'tube.  :)     

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Neo said:

Not related, but a guy I'm intrigued with is Zac Wilson. I would love to pry him away from the Jets. I watched their last game and I saw him make some Mahomes-esqe type throws, seems to have a pretty strong arm. I think he would thrive in our offense.

There's a couple things I like about him.. I think he's been mishandled...

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

A.) He's the insurance policy in case DTR still isn't ready for prime time. 

B.) Mr. Flackoff isn't going to sniff anywhere near starting QB money for being a 7 game rent-a-QB. 

C.) unless DTR totally flops, Flacco  wouldn't be asked to start. Nice gig if you can get it, around $3 million to carry a clipboard.    

Finally !  Now Only Hours away from filling in some ________'s  ?

1.) Stay blessed with getting local Browns media access in any way this week.

2.) Us outside the Buckeye State? We've listened to hours of daily callers to media meatheads with one same reaction.

"Ok, Bitch-tits with the pretty lips 👄... Ya can blow me on Browns Victory Monday" !  

LFG Browns !