THE BROWNS BOARD

For those that "strategy" isn't your strong point.

Neo

Or those that don't understand why Flacco isn't activated yet, you DO NOT want Joe Flacco starting ANY regular season games! Unless the Browns move on from PJ Walker and bring in someone else, our QB's are DTR, PJ Walker, Flacco, and Harrison Bryant in an emergency. DTR getting hurt is like breaking a mirror kind of bad luck. I know they may have to elevate Flacco to the roster but it's something you shouldn't want. Ideally, the Browns needs the defense to do their thing DTR/Walker to get as many wins as possible and Flacco should only see the field in the post-season. Joe Flacco will not make it to the end of the season behind that line.

If both DTR and Flacco go down before the playoffs, we are (like the guy said in the movie American Sniper) "fucked like a football bat"

• Upvote 1

People hate our o-line this year, but they are closer to a top 5 group than a bottom 5 group even with the injuries. Flacco survived the jets, who had an actually attrocious front 1 year ago. I don’t think the man’s bones turned into glass in 1 year where he’s going to break in half.

Between DTR/Flacco starting I don’t care which one, I may have an opinion but I don’t care which one the coaches choose.

Walker is a different story, that man should never be on the browns active roster ever again. DTR/Flacco/Bryant, please. If DTR or Flacco miss extended time then they’d be better off picking up Kellen mond or something as the backup, if he’s still on a practice squad somewhere.

• Upvote 2

Flacco's bones haven't turned into mush -- it's his ability to quickly diagnose pressure and make the correct audible that I worry about.

And that's presnap.. He definitely doesn't have the muscle memory with Browns WR's to stay on schedule and move through his progressions after the snap.

17 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Flacco's bones haven't turned into mush -- it's his ability to quickly diagnose pressure and make the correct audible that I worry about.

And that's presnap.. He definitely doesn't have the muscle memory with Browns WR's to stay on schedule and move through his progressions after the snap.

Which is another reason to keep him on the sidelines as long as possible.

4 hours ago, Neo said:

Or those that don't understand why Flacco isn't activated yet, you DO NOT want Joe Flacco starting ANY regular season games! Unless the Browns move on from PJ Walker and bring in someone else, our QB's are DTR, PJ Walker, Flacco, and Harrison Bryant in an emergency. DTR getting hurt is like breaking a mirror kind of bad luck. I know they may have to elevate Flacco to the roster but it's something you shouldn't want. Ideally, the Browns needs the defense to do their thing DTR/Walker to get as many wins as possible and Flacco should only see the field in the post-season. Joe Flacco will not make it to the end of the season behind that line.

If both DTR and Flacco go down before the playoffs, we are (like the guy said in the movie American Sniper) "fucked like a football bat"

Is it the line or is it the slow processing times we often see with young QBs? 

3 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Is it the line or is it the slow processing times we often see with young QBs? 

The browns o-line is top 10 probably, top 5 by some metrics. So I’d say the latter.

But it seems like the trend is d-lines getting better than o-lines, and ol performance is down as a whole this year. But that’s anecdotal and not based on any facts.

Walker is a lost cause, DTR seems to make progressions but needs to work on the speed of his reads and throwing with anticipation.

i mean it’s the nfl, you have to make a decision in 2 seconds and throw the guy open since he probably won’t be open when you look at him

3 hours ago, bbedward said:

Well we aren’t going to have a choice if DTR doesn’t clear concussion protocol by Sunday, nobody wants to see Walker take a snap for the browns ever again.

Total agreement on Walker...  I almost had to turn the game off he was sucking so bad. 

Though at 83 years old, I'd have to pass on Chuck Norris, Walker- Texas Ranger.  :)  

PS- next body up? I saw Colt McCoy being suggested.  😉

10 hours ago, bbedward said:

DTR seems to make progressions but needs to work on the speed of his reads and throwing with anticipation.

And balancing his arm strength with accuracy. And controlling his nerves. Which is all fine for a 5th round project to develop over the next couple of seasons. Not to win games now.

I want the Browns to reach the play-offs. Active QB aside, we have a roster that belongs there. But with DTR under center, we are not going to make it IMO. 

Putting Flacco in now with all our skilled players injuries would be suicide. The idea of saving him for the playoffs is not likely to happen. If Garrett and Cooper are out for any length of time we may not win another game let alone make the playoffs. Our playoff hopes just got put on the IR.

If Flacco is our playoff quarterback, wouldn't we want him to have play time and be up to speed before we hit playoffs??

Did Belichick sideline Brady all season to only bring him out in the playoffs? Flacco may help the o line out a bit when they figure out they can't just bum rush him if he's able to pick them apart, if the o line is that bad, and I don't think they are.

We're not in the playoffs yet and if you think Flacco is our guy then you better bring him in quick just to get there.

I'm not saying Flacco or DTR is our guy, but the logic of keeping a qb off the field that never had a chance to play under center in this offense until playoffs escapes me.

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Carson Wentz was available but got signed by LA on Nov 8. We have idiots who are too slow on the uptake running this zoo.

You talking the Browns or we Browns Boarders 🤣🤣?

Shifting off topic, I watched that whole MNF game last night. Wow, the QB play was horrible- & I like Dobbs & Fields 

The Bears have a tough decision to make. Real real tough. If it's me, I keep him, get another skill guy & stud O lineman. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bob806 said:

You talking the Browns or we Browns Boarders 🤣🤣?

Shifting off topic, I watched that whole MNF game last night. Wow, the QB play was horrible- & I like Dobbs & Fields 

The Bears have a tough decision to make. Real real tough. If it's me, I keep him, get another skill guy & stud O lineman. 

Watched the end of the MNF game, and anyone who thinks our game against the Bears is going to be a cakewalk had better reconsider.  😉

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Watched the end of the MNF game, and anyone who thinks our game against the Bears is going to be a cakewalk had better reconsider.  😉

Right. Plus we all know nothing is ever easy with the Browns.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

There is a very good chance there will be no cakewalks the rest of the season.

The Browns have a raw rookie, a turnover waiting to happen and a guy that was practically retired in the QB room now. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/27/2023 at 12:04 PM, Neo said:

I don't want to see Flacco at all. Fuck him.

• Upvote 1