THE BROWNS BOARD

● "The Official" 🏈  - NFL WEEK 13 - CLE 3½ at LAR   🏈  Dec. 3 & MAPS ! CLE 19 - 27.

Dutch Oven

I didn't like that we went for it on 4th & 5 towards the end there.  We had 3 TO's and the 2 minute warning.  He could've left it on his 'crushing' defense to get the ball back.  But I think he had lost some faith in the D by that point.  Having said all that, I think we got a bad spot on Ford's run and in hind-sight should've challenged it.  

I think that Flacco played like a pro.  I like how much he was under center and liked his play-action technique.

When Cooper went down I knew we were pretty screwed at WR.  I mean, we had Tillman & Bell to go along with Moore, whom Flacco clearly knew something about.  

...it's not going to be any easier next week.  We need Ward back.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Browns149 said:

then someone better tell NFL.com they need to fix this...   https://www.nfl.com/standings/playoff-picture

16 hours ago, bbedward said:

I’d feel better about the season if Flacco plays like he did the rest of the way. Sure he made a bone headed int, but that’s kinda classic Flacco. He did more than enough to win.

The fingers need to be pointed at the other units that contributed to the loss really.

still in the playoffs, didn’t gain anything. Beat the jags at home and it’ll be all hype again with how hot and cold fans are.

Theres no god damn way this team is losing to the jets or bengals. And very likely not to the bears too. Texans and jags very winnable as well

Yes, every game on the way out is winnable, but several that are losable.  Too early to start the "what if" game... But if you're interested, you may want to take a look at the Colts and Texans schedules.  Steelers should have gimmes against the Patriots and Bengals. But it will remain to be seen how much not having Pickett will affect them. Up to the pride of Mentor Mitch Trubisky to keep thing going.   Since the Patriots couldn't even score against the Chargers, well, the Steel Curtain should be plenty good enough to beat Bill & company Thursday night. .  

22 minutes ago, hoorta said:

then someone better tell NFL.com they need to fix this...   https://www.nfl.com/standings/playoff-picture

Yes, every game on the way out is winnable, but several that are losable.  Too early to start the "what if" game... But if you're interested, you may want to take a look at the Colts and Texans schedules.  Steelers should have gimmes against the Patriots and Bengals. But it will remain to be seen how much not having Pickett will affect them. Up to the pride of Mentor Mitch Trubisky to keep thing going.   Since the Patriots couldn't even score against the Chargers, well, the Steel Curtain should be plenty good enough to beat Bill & company Thursday night. .  

Well Flacco proved he can satisfy the “just give us average qb play and we win the Super Bowl crowd” let’s see if they are right 😁 turns out the biggest issue may be the inability to play zone defense not the QB…

I’m not too worried, the browns always suck historically on west coast trips. I think this team is better than the Jags, overall especially at home.

• Upvote 1

The bottom line is we have been hit by the injury bug as worse as any team in the NFL this year. Cooper went out with a concussion, our best defensive player Garrett is playing with one arm with his banged up shoulder, Denzel Ward has been missing games. Not to mention the Chubb, Watson, Conklin season enders. 

There's injuries every season and there has to be depth to fill those in, but Chubb, Watson, Garrett, Ward, Cooper - if all those guys aren't playing or miss significant time/done for the year, that's very hard to overcome. That's our five best players. 

The bright side from Sunday is Flacco looked like a competent NFL quarterback, and he can still throw the deep ball. But my god do we need Cooper and Ward out there - Ward would have covered Puka way better and the Flacco/Cooper connection was working so we put up more points if he doesn't go out. And of course Puka goes out with what looks like a season ending injury, but comes back in the game and balls out - classic Browns luck.

• Upvote 2

• mjp28 changed the title to ● "The Official" 🏈  - NFL WEEK 13 - CLE 3½ at LAR   🏈  Dec. 3 & MAPS ! CLE 19 - 27.
  • mjp28 unpinned this topic
17 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Flacco made the horrible decision to throw the ball to a double-teamed Moore.

He could have easily checked down or thrown the ball away. He did that all day long, well. 

And as well as he did play, that poor decision was the beginning of the end of the game for the Browns. Horrible play by Flacco in an all-around very good game for him. I'm looking forward to him starting for the rest of the season. 

We need three wins. Get them however you can. 

That's typical Flacco. When he played against us, I always waited for the untimely interception. Our team was just too bad to take advantage of it back then. I'm ambivalent about him starting the rest of the season.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MDDawg said:

That's typical Flacco. When he played against us, I always waited for the untimely interception. Our team was just too bad to take advantage of it back then. I'm ambivalent about him starting the rest of the season.

He’s like a 75 overall in October, and becomes a 99 by January - on the madden scale before those games sucked.

Hopefully we get to see the postseason version of Flacco this year 

4 hours ago, bbedward said:

He’s like a 75 overall in October, and becomes a 99 by January - on the madden scale before those games sucked.

Hopefully we get to see the postseason version of Flacco this year 

That only happened once in their SB winning season. I just read on Twitter he's back on the practice squad so look's like Kevin is going with DTR.

5 minutes ago, MDDawg said:

That only happened once in their SB winning season. I just read on Twitter he's back on the practice squad so look's like Kevin is going with DTR.

He’s on the practice squad because they go back by default when they are called up if they aren’t signed to the roster. The twitter thing is a non-story, happened to Walker too between his first couple starts 

On 12/3/2023 at 10:36 PM, Neo said:

Funny. Because the same thing can literally be said about DTR in the Broncos game. Made zero mistakes and had us in the game until he left yet was still criticized.  

You cannot possibly be serious.

Joe threw double the yards, double the TDs, more YPA and one untimely Int in an attempt to win the game. Their performances aren't even close.

Also Joe gets more receivers involved, hitting 9 different targets, compared to DTR's 6. That shows he goes through his progressions, and sees what the play gives him. If DTR doesn't see his first, or possibly second options open, he just passes out to the flats, or out of bounds. Training wheels QB play, compared to a vet who proved he's still got it!

10 hours ago, Korsou Dawg said:

Joe threw double the yards, double the TDs, more YPA and one untimely Int

Yeah, a back breaking interception. Which DTR didn't have in the Broncos game. Please tell me YOU'RE not serious. DTR threw one pass in the endzone to Cooper which I think was a little off target. One is a 5th round pick, the other is a Super Bowl MVP. Not sure what Browns games you're watching.......

EDIT

DTR is raw but he is talented. If you think DTR is not a servicable QB then I don't know what to tell you guy🤷‍♂️

28 minutes ago, Neo said:

Yeah, a back breaking interception. Which DTR didn't have in the Broncos game. Please tell me YOU'RE not serious. DTR threw one pass in the endzone to Cooper which I think was a little off target. One is a 5th round pick, the other is a Super Bowl MVP. Not sure what Browns games you're watching.......

EDIT

DTR is raw but he is talented. If you think DTR is not a servicable QB then I don't know what to tell you guy🤷‍♂️

DTR is what you’d expect from a late round rookie, some raw talent and potential. As-is, he can’t throw downfield - like at all, and struggles to make progressions at NFL speed. He may beat the odds and become a QB1 someday, he may be a serviceable QB2 for many years, or he may bounce around a bit and out of the league.

Flacco had a back breaking pick, in an otherwise solid game throwing downfield more than any browns QB in the past 5 years.

Flacco is the guy if the browns want to make a playoff push this year (they do)

DTR is the guy if the browns wanna fold the season and focus on developing their young guys.

Flacco looked surprisingly vintage, the age may catch up to him down the stretch but you have to roll with it while it’s working.

• Upvote 1