THE BROWNS BOARD

● "The Official" 🏈  - NFL WEEK 13 - CLE 3½ at LAR   🏈  Dec. 3 & MAPS ! CLE 19 - 27.

Dutch Oven

2 minutes ago, bbedward said:

Well…there it is browns fans.

we kept saying all we need is average QB play and we’ll win every game.

well we got it and then some, where did that leave us.

This defense is not good on the road.

Like ridiculously not good. 

Thus, we do not have a great defense, no matter how many third rate announcers say it. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Korsou Dawg said:

With both our D and running game not showing up today, Joe's play is literally the only thing that kept us in the game!

And he didnt cost 230 million guaranteed.   Imagine if he was here all season.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Browns149 said:

His head coach sure didn’t help him

Agreed Brownies!  All he had to do was challenge the piss poor spot that robbed us of the 1st down.  Classic example of why the OC Alex Van Pelt should be calling the plays so our HC is ready/there to see what actually should be challenged aside from having someone above also in his ear about that.  Overall, I don't mind Stefanski - this kind of stuff drives me nuckin futs though...

Just now, Flugel said:

Agreed Brownies!  All he had to do was challenge the piss poor spot that robbed us of the 1st down.  Classic example of why the OC Alex Van Pelt should be calling the plays so our HC is ready/there to see what actually should be challenged aside from having someone above also in his ear about that.  Overall, I don't mind Stefanski - this kind of stuff drives me nuckin futs though...

The game was over by then.

Flacco did well but I’m wondering if we really needed to take 40 yard shots every other play. It looked like me playing madden out there today

Just now, bbedward said:

Flacco did well but I’m wondering if we really needed to take 40 yard shots every other play. It looked like me playing madden out there today

Flacco made the horrible decision to throw the ball to a double-teamed Moore.

He could have easily checked down or thrown the ball away. He did that all day long, well. 

And as well as he did play, that poor decision was the beginning of the end of the game for the Browns. Horrible play by Flacco in an all-around very good game for him. I'm looking forward to him starting for the rest of the season. 

We need three wins. Get them however you can. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

Flacco made the horrible decision to throw the ball to a double-teamed Moore.

He could have easily checked down or thrown the ball away. He did that all day long, well. 

And as well as he did play, that poor decision was the beginning of the end of the game for the Browns. Horrible play by Flacco in an all-around very good game for him. I'm looking forward to him starting for the rest of the season. 

We need three wins. Get them however you can. 

Yes big mistake, but he made other encouraging plays that kept us in it until then. Our other scrubs have 1 TD each, in 2-3x as much playing time. Flacco got 2 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, bbedward said:

LOVED what I saw out of Joe today. I agree with your 2nd point but we were only down by 8 points if we got the correct spot that would have given us a first down.  It's a moot point now.  We clearly need to get more guys on our varsity team healthy so we stop looking like the JV team of what we should be. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, bbedward said:

It looked like Flacco had a tired arm at the end. Let’s throw it 45 times with a 38 year old who hasn’t thrown a pass in 11 months. BRILLIANT 

Yes big mistake, but he made other encouraging plays that kept us in it until then. Our other scrubs have 1 TD each, in 2-3x as much playing time. Flacco got 2 

Hence why I'm looking forward to seeing more of him. 

The Browns went back to their Jacoby Brissett offense, and he ran it like a pro. 

Zero passing weapons past Coop, N-joke and Moore don't get open much.. Joe force fed most with bullets that stuck

Newsome nor Emerson playing outside can hold up without Ward playing..  

Safety ..highest draft need..   new position coach is becoming a thing

• Upvote 1

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

Hence why I'm looking forward to seeing more of him. 

The Browns went back to their Jacoby Brissett offense, and he ran it like a pro. 

Yea, I will be very disappointed if they start DTR next week after this performance.

I’m not going to say run the ball or blah blah blah, even though Pierre strong gashed the fuck out of the rams for a drive and then we never saw him again.

But for the love of god, do we really need to chuck it 30 yards every other play. Seemed like they played every down like 3rd and long today

13 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Thus, we do not have a great defense, no matter how many third rate announcers say it. 

I was saying exactly the same thing to my buddy. Just can't continue to put our beleaguered offense in the hole. Not after they actually put 7 on the board right away. Need to force some turnovers on defense and on offensive end need a big play. Can anyone even remember our last big passing play down the field or maybe even running it? Having long, sustained scoring drives is freaking hard. 

Just now, gumby73 said:

Zero passing weapons past Coop, N-joke and Moore don't get open much.. Joe force fed most with bullets that stuck

Newsome nor Emerson playing outside can hold up without Ward playing..  

Safety ..highest draft need..   new position coach is becoming a thing

👍👍

Yea, I will be very disappointed if they start DTR next week after this performance.

I’m not going to say run the ball or blah blah blah, even though Pierre strong gashed the fuck out of the rams for a drive and then we never saw him again.

But for the love of god, do we really need to chuck it 30 yards every other play. Seemed like they played every down like 3rd and long today

Good point, Strong was a silver lining today.  Very happy to see how Flacco looked considering he was throwing to junior varsity receivers.

Lol, iStill don't know how you guys can type while watching the game.

Anyway, they HAVE to beat Jax & end this skid. I'm concerned about those misdirection plays that the D gets burned on. Pederson is just as shrewd of a coach as McVay.

Browns aren't healthy obviously. Tough task ahead, just get the W.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

In six home games, the Browns have allowed 61 points. 10.2 per game.

In five road games, the Browns have allowed 155 points. 31 per game.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Good point, Strong was a silver lining today.  Very happy to see how Flacco looked considering he was throwing to junior varsity receivers.

That's a nice way to put it  Mr Flugs.   We still have to keep the.  -GO BROWNS ! -  banner waving  .Well time for a healthy evening  snack.  Wife says it's ready .... so I go.

I'm going to watch  SNF  for awhile,   catch you later,  mjp.

2 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

Creepy....really creepy.

I know. 

Baker should be notified that some hilljack from Columbiana County probably dances around his basement with his junk tucked between his legs while saying "It puts the lotion on its skin" to a poster of ol' #6. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

I know. 

Baker should be notified that some hilljack from Columbiana County probably dances around his basement with his junk tucked between his legs while saying "It puts the lotion on its skin" to a poster of ol' #6. 

Dude you are an embarassment to the male gender roflmao.  Keep trying to be funny....lol

2 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

Dude you are an embarassment to the male gender roflmao.  Keep trying to be funny....lol

Says the guy hiding behind his keyboard. Adorable projection, Peaches. 

Unless, of course, you want to prove me wrong.

But we all know you won't. 🤣

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

Good game.  Flacco showed out like a true vet, just had an ill-timed int.

Defense struggled giving up big plays all game.   Shocked how well the offense showed out on the road. Testament to the coaches and the vets.

to be Captain Obvious.... Barring injury Joe is the starter the rest of the season. Refreshing to see what competent QB play looks like of for a change. One deep throw picked off, so?  

Myles was damn invisible that game, and you can't lose your #1 WR and #1 cb and expect to win on the road. It should have been tie game 20-20, and then the wheels came off.  

Too bad we blew the opportunity after the Steelers suckkoed.  :(  

Well, the browns are still in the playoffs, but the Texans are now tied with us at 7-5.  :(  

PS- and I don't get how they have the Colts slotted ahead of us in the standings, with everything being identical, and the Browns having the head to head tiebreaker.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hoorta said:

to be Captain Obvious.... Barring injury Joe is the starter the rest of the season. Refreshing to see what competent QB play looks like of for a change. One deep throw picked off, so?  

He played very well. Exactly what you pray a backup can do for you. 

But that poor decision was the beginning of the end of the game for the Browns. That's not a "so?" type of play. 

1 hour ago, Korsou Dawg said:

With both our D and running game not showing up today, Joe's play is literally the only thing that kept us in the game!

Funny. Because the same thing can literally be said about DTR in the Broncos game. Made zero mistakes and had us in the game until he left yet was still criticized.  

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Myles was damn invisible that game, and you can't lose your #1 WR and #1 cb and expect to win on the road. It should have been tie game 20-20, and then the wheels came off.  

Too bad we blew the opportunity after the Steelers suckkoed.  :(  

Well, the browns are still in the playoffs, but the Texans are now tied with us at 7-5.  :(  

PS- and I don't get how they have the Colts slotted ahead of us in the standings, with everything being identical, and the Browns having the head to head tiebreaker.  

The colts are not ahead of us

https://www.espn.com/nfl/standings/_/view/playoff

I’d feel better about the season if Flacco plays like he did the rest of the way. Sure he made a bone headed int, but that’s kinda classic Flacco. He did more than enough to win.

The fingers need to be pointed at the other units that contributed to the loss really.

still in the playoffs, didn’t gain anything. Beat the jags at home and it’ll be all hype again with how hot and cold fans are.

Theres no god damn way this team is losing to the jets or bengals. And very likely not to the bears too. Texans and jags very winnable as well

• Upvote 1