THE BROWNS BOARD

Bowl Mania!

Zombo

• mjp28 pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Vast majority of bowl games have been ruined by the portal and early declarations for the draft where the player decides not to risk injury. Very few teams are the same ones that ended the season together. I no longer waste time watching meaningless moneymakers. Maybe next year when there is a better playoff system in place it may be worth it.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Vast majority of bowl games have been ruined by the portal and early declarations for the draft where the player decides not to risk injury. Very few teams are the same ones that ended the season together. I no longer waste time watching meaningless moneymakers. Maybe next year when there is a better playoff system in place it may be worth it.

I saw an interview with Chip Kelly. While I'm not a fan of the guy, he had some great ideas to fix CFB. 

At it's present state, it's ruined for sure.

• Upvote 1

On 12/25/2023 at 11:24 AM, Bob806 said:

I saw an interview with Chip Kelly. While I'm not a fan of the guy, he had some great ideas to fix CFB. 

At it's present state, it's ruined for sure.

Texas A&M plays #20 Ok. St. tonight with only 55 of their 85 schollie players, primarily due to the portal and declaring for the draft. Why they are favored over a ranked team by 3 is beyond me. They cannot field the massive substitutions they were able to do with their D line, which is what kept them competitive in the SEC. Also only one starting DB.

14 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Texas A&M plays #20 Ok. St. tonight with only 55 of their 85 schollie players, primarily due to the portal and declaring for the draft. Why they are favored over a ranked team by 3 is beyond me. They cannot field the massive substitutions they were able to do with their D line, which is what kept them competitive in the SEC. Also only one starting DB.

Yeah, I saw that & changed my Bowl Mania pick to the Cowpokes.

CFB never was perfect. Between polls, scheduling, & perceptions it was difficult to identify the best teams.

In an effort to "fix" it it's truly damaged. 

Can't wait for USC @ Rutgers. I guess it's better than Alabama vs The Citadel.

3 hours ago, Bob806 said:

Yeah, I saw that & changed my Bowl Mania pick to the Cowpokes.

CFB never was perfect. Between polls, scheduling, & perceptions it was difficult to identify the best teams.

In an effort to "fix" it it's truly damaged. 

Can't wait for USC @ Rutgers. I guess it's better than Alabama vs The Citadel.

Funniest thing was they started the non-scholarship 12th man who is on the kickoff team as one of the two starting safeties for the entire game. Amazing to me they kept it down to 31 points with only 7 of those in the 2nd half.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Axe said:

I'd be a lot more interested in Bowl season if opting out wasn't an option..

And that includes opting out just because you want to go into the portal, not just into the draft. The portal opening should be AFTER all bowl games are complete and not before.

• Upvote 3

Fuck Marvin Harrison Jr. for quitting on his team today... I hope he busts in the NFL... I knew there was something off about this kid.... He's a pussy!... He'll never be anything like his father...

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Ryan Day opted out tonight. How many 8/9 fronts are you going to run into ALL night 

They may as well can Day and get Luke Fickell back here... But that said.. Both McCord and Harrison are big time pussies... Karma will come back and bite them.. Watch...

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats to Derrida, who Bowl Mania this year, all who finished in the Top 5!

group-default.png

Browns Board

Group Size11
Group Game ModeConfidence
Group TypePublic
Group Message:Add a message by clicking the gear icon above!
champion_trophy_dark.svg

Winner

Derrida

Winning a public group is no small feat!

Group Results

RANK MY ENTRIES W-L PCT
5 The Great Zomboni 24-19 524 52

RANK GROUP ENTRIES W-L PCT
1 Derrida 28-14 653 97.9
2 Mark O 23-20 588 83.9
3 Karlis Missed 24-19 582 81.3
4 Chubbster's Picks 1 22-21 571 76
5 The Great Zomboni 24-19 524 52
6 DStitt13's Picks 2 22-21 512 46.1
7 ESPNFAN4212294300's Picks 1 23-20 505 42.9
8 Browns149 24-19 486 34.9