PM Showers
51°/42°
32%
SE 15 mph

Sun 17 | Day

51°

32%
SE15 mph

Cloudy skies with a few showers later in the day. High 51F. Winds SE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

• Humidity63%
  • UV Index1 of 11
  • Sunrise7:47 am
  • Sunset4:58 pm

Sun 17

Rain
48°/38°
84%
SSE 14 mph

Sun 17 | Day

48°

84%
SSE14 mph

Rain likely. High 48F. Winds SSE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 80%. Rainfall near a quarter of an inch.

• Humidity80%
  • UV Index1 of 11
  • Sunrise7:47 am
  • Sunset4:59 pm

Sun 17 | Night

38°

54%
W12 mph

Overcast with rain showers at times. Low 38F. Winds W at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 50%.

• Humidity86%
  • UV Index0 of 11
  • Moonrise11:49 am
    Waxing Crescent
  • Moonset10:23 pm

55 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Saw something today that something like 24% of our Opening Week roster has suffered season-ending injuries.

We still have four regular season games to go. 

We currently have 11 guys on IR.  With Drew Forbes,  Reserve / Non- Football Illness.  And Michael Woods II,  Reserve / Non-Football Injury.  So, that's 13...which is 24.5% of the guys that can suit up.  Heck, we've got starters AND their backup on IR.  Let's face it, football is not made for guys with human bodies.  

And so back to the pads for a moment......I'm certain there's been improvement to the equipment over the years.  But how much of the improvement is meant more to enhance the abilities of the player while sacrificing protection?  To make the player more elusive and harder to grab?  To give the player more and easier range of motion for catching and throwing?  -  Just sayin'...

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Saw something today that something like 24% of our Opening Week roster has suffered season-ending injuries.

We still have four regular season games to go. 

Here's who it's looking like will be/remain out for this week:

RT Jack Conklin, RT Dawand Jones

C Ethan Pocic

LT Jedrick Wills

QB Deshaun Watson

RB Nick Chubb

DT Maurice Hurst, DT Jordan Elliott

DE Ogbo Okoronkwo

LB Jordan Kunaszyk

S Grant Delpit

FS Juan Thornhill

Meanwhile, Myles Garrett is playing with only 1 healthy shoulder; and there's no guarantee Denzel Ward is ready to play just yet. 

That's a lot to overcome but this team is 8-5 with this unfolding all season.

Like usual, let's see what happens... 

12 minutes ago, Flugel said:

C Ethan Pocic

LT Jedrick Wills

QB Deshaun Watson

RB Nick Chubb

DE Ogbo Okoronkwo

LB Jordan Kunaszyk

S Grant Delpit

FS Juan Thornhill

Meanwhile, Myles Garrett is playing with only 1 healthy shoulder; and there's no guarantee Denzel Ward is ready to play just yet. 

Not sure in garrets shoulder, he’s banged up but I don’t think he’ll need any surgery or anything. Seems like he can move it fine maybe just has some pain or something. Ward practicing for the second week in a row I’d be very surprised if he’s out again 

I’m actually pretty confident Thornhill and Duran Harman and the other guys can give us adequate safety play, just need Thornhill to get damn healthy. I feel like Harman can give us similar to what McLeod gave us, but we’ll have to see…

And at least some of those guys aren’t season ending like Pocic and Elliot, slight bright side. I hope Walker is good news though and we didn’t have another guy tear a knee ligament in practice. 

53 minutes ago, Flugel said:

C Ethan Pocic

LT Jedrick Wills

QB Deshaun Watson

RB Nick Chubb

DE Ogbo Okoronkwo

LB Jordan Kunaszyk

S Grant Delpit

FS Juan Thornhill

That list makes me want to start to "lightly" talk draft, and how we need to invest in the OLine and DLine, and add another RB. 

Think about how many of the players of those groups are getting up there in years. 

8 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Think about how many of the players of those groups are getting up there in years. 

Still thinking the use of WR/PR Jakeem Grant Sr. was a big early loss too..

Two from the other dept. to consider?

Might have Rode with QB PJ Walker & PK Cade York to long?

this teams battles with next man up is way underrated from big media

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

That list makes me want to start to "lightly" talk draft, and how we need to invest in the OLine and DLine, and add another RB. 

I hear ya Dutch!  Since we're heading into Bowl Season - it's pretty good timing to be thinking like that.  It's a good way to stay indoors and avoid the snow flakes except for the few that trickle in here for reasons unknown...  

I agree with your needs assessment. 1 piggyback here - I'd ADORE a game changing Safety like Ratville always seems to have.  Sometimes Ed Reed and Kyle Hamilton just had better chemistry with our QBs than our Receivers.  If I had to guess, Ed Reed got so fond of the generous gifts he probably invited Kelly Holcomb to his wedding.  That's probably a huge exaggeration on my part; but it's a good way to release nervous energy while my human sized Hamster wheel is in the repair shop.

Last but not least, your buddy Flugel's college Cortland just won the Division III National Championship yesterday.  That was their 1st and only football championship. On the map, that's about 30 miles south of Syracuse and 20 miles East of Nowhere.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bbedward said:

Let the FO worry about the scouting, Flacco has a revenge tour Super Bowl to win.

I think it was important Dutch brought it up considering the 1 thing that could possibly intercept Flacco's Revenge Tour.  It's a great story we all like; but we're only 1 or 2 more injuries up front from Flacco feeling like he's playing for the Jets again.

18 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

makes me want to start to "lightly" talk draft

There'll be plenty of time for that.  But I'll say this about the draft...What position is off limits?    -  BPA

27 minutes ago, Orion said:

There'll be plenty of time for that.  But I'll say this about the draft...What position is off limits?    -  BPA

Honestly, none. 

There would be a lot of "in a perfect world" situations, but BPA never is a bad idea. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

The guy has game, the team has game. The injuries exposed that some of our bench players are rock stars.

THIS is a team to be proud of.

The real leaders on this team like Myles, Joel, Joe, Amari, etc. have these guys all believing they will play all world when their number comes up. So that's exactly what they do.

I feel like Hickman and bell played excellent as backup safeties, Dline was an overreaction since we already had depth there…I don’t wanna say too much about Hickman/Bell since @tiamat63 might yell at me and tell me they sucked 😁to a casual watcher they looked good.

Hope Bitonio and Pocic can be back next week.

Flacco was threading some stupid windows, that TD to cooper was the tightest window imaginable with 3 guys closing in. That man is fearless.

On 12/13/2023 at 6:36 PM, Orion said:

image.png.3b648363088e6af4b1f6ca9efe4a86bd.png

So, what happened?

The Bears #2 ranked Defense in the league held us to 29 yards rushing.  This forced us to pass, which we did to the tune of 350ish yards.  Most of them very hard earned as their pass rush was successful against our offensive line of backups, backups to the backups, and Wyatt Teller.  

Our Defense held the Bears to 88 yards rushing and 148 passing.  Great job by the Defense, who was playing with more than their share of backups and backups to the backups.  

And, of course, in that final category...we fed them the ball.  Once resulting in a TD and another, 1 yard short of a TD.  

• Like 1