THE BROWNS BOARD

Tale of the Tape - Browns vs Bears

Orion

image.png.3b648363088e6af4b1f6ca9efe4a86bd.png

This is one of my Must Win games because it's one of those games that you're supposed to win.  We're supposed to beat the 5-8 Bears.  But we're equals on offense, and they're quite good on D.  They only allow 84 rushing yards per game.  And I bet that part of that 19th ranked pass D is because ya can't run on them so ya HAVE to pass.  

They're a very strong running team and we're getting decimated with injuries.  Pretty soon all we'll have left is the guys we had last year, who were getting gaffed by the run.

This is a scary game...and we need the win badly.  I think it's going to come down to Flacco.  Can he pass us to victory?  

• Upvote 1

At home I like the odds. I haven’t watched the bears much tbh.

We should finally have Ward back, after losing a couple key pieces elsewhere. Fields really struggles under pressure so i expect we’ll try to send it pretty hard.

On O, I expect another 40 pass attempt game but hope I’m wrong. Because I’d like to see some sustained 7 minute drives where the run game works.

If you were the Bears OC, what would you do against us?  You're the 2nd best running team in the league and you're playing against the #1 pass defense. 

And we're to the point where we have to start Jordan Elliot at DT while putting our leading tackler on IR (Delpit 63 solo tackles...which is 9 more solo tackles than the next closest guy, JOK.    80 total tackles for Delpit).   

TV mappin’ time!

https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2023&wk=15 

The map is about what you would expect for the Browns v. Bears. All of OH, most of IL, and since IN is IN between (ba dum, tss), we’re taking that too. Which is great for me since l’ll be in the Hoosier state this Sunday. 

We also got some border areas in KY, WV, PA and WV. And let’s give it up for Ft. Myers, FL this week. A little island of Browns fans in the panhandle state!

IMG_9737.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Im more worried about the Bears D than their offense. I think we have decent depth to make up for Hurst and Ogbo. Not so much as safety, but we get Ward back probably which is a net positive in the secondary.

6 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

What a totally forgetable game they tag me with again this week. KC at NE??!! Pure horseshit,.

Time to visit the local browns backers, I guess they think people wanna tune in to get the follow up on the mahomes crying about legit call story - even though it’s a garbage game. If you use YouTube TV I’ve successfully spoofed the location to get different games too.

Fields is the key. Contain him, don't let DJ Moore slip open too many times. The Bears will make a few plays (hope not).

The Browns need this one real bad. Once again, injuries are a huge obstacle. The home crowd has to get involved like last week, it was a blast down there. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Good Flacco we win…Poor Flacco we lose.  The line is strange to me…I expected the Browns by -6 or -7 

Im a little worried about 3rd down Fields scrambling and/or buying time with his feet and finding big plays downfield.

DJ Moore is the big name but Kmet can be a problem.  

1) There's no such thing as a Flacco that isn't elite, if you asked me before he signed his Browns deal maybe I'd say something different though. 

2) Yes, the pass rush needs to connect - Fields is no Lamar yet at least, he usually crumbles under pressure - though he's certainly capable of making those plays

3) Thankfully Ward should finally be playing, but no Delpit - not like he's that great as a coverage safety anyway.

They have near a top-10 defense, and one of the best at stuffing the run. It'll be a challenge for Flacco and the boys. Their offense hasn't really put it together consistently, but in the games where they do have it together they have some explosive pieces.

Our offense has had a turnover problem, and that Bears D has a knack for creating turnovers - so please just protect the ball this week. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, bbedward said:

1) There's no such thing as a Flacco that isn't elite, if you asked me before he signed his Browns deal maybe I'd say something different though. 

2) Yes, the pass rush needs to connect - Fields is no Lamar yet at least, he usually crumbles under pressure - though he's certainly capable of making those plays

3) Thankfully Ward should finally be playing, but no Delpit - not like he's that great as a coverage safety anyway.

They have near a top-10 defense, and one of the best at stuffing the run. It'll be a challenge for Flacco and the boys. Their offense hasn't really put it together consistently, but in the games where they do have it together they have some explosive pieces.

Our offense has had a turnover problem, and that Bears D has a knack for creating turnovers - so please just protect the ball this week. 

8-5 and we lead the league in turnovers with 27 (the bad kind).  Amazing.  

I don’t think you will ever find a team with a record .500 or better that has lead the league in giveaways. 

6 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

8-5 and we lead the league in turnovers with 27 (the bad kind).  Amazing.  

I don’t think you will ever find a team with a record .500 or better that has lead the league in giveaways. 

This team makes zero sense. 

There's really no logical reason this team is 8-5. 🤣

2 minutes ago, bbedward said:

Those 9ers and colts games really bounced in our favor, but it’s about time we got some luck - we really needed it with PJ Walker taking snaps

The amount of injuries to important parts of the team that have happened- and yet the team keeps chugging ahead - is almost baffling. 

I won't lie though, I'm worried eventually all the player losses is going to finally catch up to the Browns.

The banged up DLine, the safeties and our OTackles specifically worry me. 

On 12/13/2023 at 6:36 PM, Orion said:

image.png.3b648363088e6af4b1f6ca9efe4a86bd.pngimage.png.3b648363088e6af4b1f6ca9efe4a86

This is one of my Must Win games because it's one of those games that you're supposed to win.  We're supposed to beat the 5-8 Bears.  But we're equals on offense, and they're quite good on D.  They only allow 84 rushing yards per game.  And I bet that part of that 19th ranked pass D is because ya can't run on them so ya HAVE to pass.  

They're a very strong running team and we're getting decimated with injuries.  Pretty soon all we'll have left is the guys we had last year, who were getting gaffed by the run.

This is a scary game...and we need the win badly.  I think it's going to come down to Flacco.  Can he pass us to victory?  

All year barring injuries  it's  CLE  pass D/G  1st  |  Sack ratio + |  and timely Give + |  that have carried the  BROWNS ....  look for the same on Sunday.

And the steady arm of  Mr Flacco.   Just enough of  everything   to pull off the  W9.

GO BROWNS !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, syd said:

Kosar beating the bears

Notice the protective pads they wore.   Now, more games and less protection.  And the beautiful helmets we used to have....before the Haslems got their meddling hands on them.

26 minutes ago, Orion said:

Notice the protective pads they wore.   Now, more games and less protection.  And the beautiful helmets we used to have....before the Haslems got their meddling hands on them.

They got rid of those stupid white facemasks, so I'll give them props for that. 

• Confused 1

34 minutes ago, Orion said:

The smaller pads is a combo of things including player preference, but also the designs are much better and everything is precisely custom fit these days. They also say the smaller pads lead to less shoulder to shoulder collisions, makes hands more important.

So all in all the modern equipment is better for safety, it’s better materials, better torso fit, better design, and leads to less direct shoulder hits.

8 hours ago, bbedward said:

The smaller pads is a combo of things including player preference, but also the designs are much better and everything is precisely custom fit these days. They also say the smaller pads lead to less shoulder to shoulder collisions, makes hands more important.

So all in all the modern equipment is better for safety, it’s better materials, better torso fit, better design, and leads to less direct shoulder hits.

I say this with the utmost respect.  BullShit!   :)

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Bob806 said:

Fields is the key. Contain him, don't let DJ Moore slip open too many times. The Bears will make a few plays (hope not).

The Browns need this one real bad. Once again, injuries are a huge obstacle. The home crowd has to get involved like last week, it was a blast down there. 

Precisely Bob!   Without looking, I'm pretty sure Fields is their leading rusher.  He's pretty dangerous when he runs the ball.  That said, he's also very sloppy with ball security when he does so.  The last time I saw him play he fumbled the ball away on decent runs on successive possessions.

If post season is the goal, there is no margin of error remaining on the wins and losses.  Every game left should be played like there's no tomorrow if the Browns lose.  

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Orion said:

And how often do we see the football pants even covering the knees any more?

• Thanks 1

Browns Injury Report

• DT Jordan Elliott - Concussion - Questionable
  • LB Jordan Kunaszyk - Calf - Out
  • DE Ogbonnia Okoronkwo - Pectoral - Out
  • OL Ethan Pocic - Stinger - Out
  • S Juan Thornhill - Calf - Out
  • LB Anthony Walker - Rest, Knee - Questionable
  • CB Denzel Ward - Shoulder - Questionable

Given all the players already on injured reserve, if Elliott, Walker and Ward can’t play as well, Cleveland’s snap counts will be high all around.

Bears Injury Report

• DB Jaquan Brisker - Groin - Questionable
  • WR DJ Moore - Ankle - Questionable
  • LB Noah Sewell - Knee - Out
  • WR Equanimeous St. Brown - Pectoral - Out

Two very important players listed as questionable for Chicago in Brisker and Moore. Missing the game, Brown is a starter and Sewell is a depth piece for the team.

...Three out on D.  Denzel is probably on the frail side still.  And we're so beat up on D we NEED Jordan Elliott to play.  We've GOT to get RB's tackled.