THE BROWNS BOARD

A few musings

Does Belichik get put out to pasture?

Brady without Belichik won a Superbowl. Conversely, Bill is looking like he could step in for the President. I think the coach has been tarnished a bit.

If Missourah beats the Buckeyes, will Dilday keep his job? How fucked up is it to say Missourah?

I will have the Spaghettah! Can I get a Zucchinah? I drive a Farrarah!

I like Pussah? (Well, that one is okay)

Fuckstick stuff aside, The Browns are one scrappy team. Or should I say scrappah?

How about Mississipah state?

5 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

Brady without Belichik won a Superbowl. Conversely, Bill is looking like he could step in for the President. I think the coach has been tarnished a bit.

If Missourah beats the Buckeyes, will Dilday keep his job? How fucked up is it to say Missourah?

Fuckstick stuff aside, The Browns are one scrappy team. Or should I say scrappah?

Stay off the "Rippuh"

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

I didn't like Belichick sp? when he was here - but he went on and won a ton with the Patriots - but wouldn't have without Brady and Gronk. Without those two, no magic, I think.

So, Jimmah is in trouble with the feds again?

Why can't our Browns have an excellent ownah ?

6 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

😆  You ain't right! 

Isn't it still weird without Atenears around?  It would have been nice to have him here when the Browns were still relevant with only 4 games left in the regular season.

As for the Brady/Belichick stuff - that was a killer combo.  I could see a team like Cleveland back then not knowing the difference between him and Spergon Wynn to the extent they drafted Wynn instead.  That being the case, would such QB expertise have been nearly as capable of developing him like Belichick's staff (under his watch) was?

Yeah, that's pretty nice when Brady can pick and choose what team he wanted to play for.  He chose the 1 team that already had the top 2 WRs in the NFC statistically (Evans and Godwin).  Even better, since NE was finally cap jammed - it enabled Brady to talk Gronk out of retirement so the Bucs could sign him.  

I will say the 1 year Belichick lost Brady on opening day to IR vrs Miami in 2008.  NE ended up going 11-5 with Matt Cassel.  The interesting part about that was Cassel never started at USC and only threw 33 passes for 0 TDs in his entire college career.  Why all that?  The guy can coach.  Not only that but how about Belichick being the only guy interested in drafting Brady as late as the 6th round?   

I remembered you liking Belichick for the same reasons I did.  He was the brilliant strategist that was given 2 weeks to prepare for Buffalo's previously unstoppable "No Huddle Offense."  Parcells said Belichick completed the game plan on the plane ride home from their NFC Championship.  

7 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

Itsah alaah stretcha!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

I didn't like Belichick sp? when he was here - but he went on and won a ton with the Patriots - but wouldn't have without Brady and Gronk. Without those two, no magic, I think.

So, Jimmah is in trouble with the feds again?

Why can't our Browns have an excellent ownah ?

For THEE last fucking time, because you're still trying to make the "no receivers" argument, but thinly veiled.   Brady and Bill won over half their SBs without Gronk.  

Go back to the Tampa boards, ya fucking mook. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

For THEE last fucking time, because you're still trying to make the "no receivers" argument, but thinly veiled.   Brady and Bill won over half their SBs without Gronk.  

I think this is one of those debate topics that draws a lot of "definitive" opinions. Maybe less hyperbolic that "defense wins championships" but close. Add to that emotions about Belichik and this conversation turns into a mosh pit. Not my intention.

I liked Bill B from the time he came to the Browns. I told Hoorta around the Kosar drama that Bill would be a SB HC before the Brownsnever made an appearance.

No, I am not a football genius, I just liked Bill and his fetish for discipline and order. 

So, my assessment.....

Winning doesn't make a man a success or a great coach. Sometimes great coaches also win chamionships.

Bill benefitted from Brady. But I think Brady benefitted from Bill. They made each other better.

This business of detracting from a man's accomplishments because he had a great QB is idiotic. No coach ever won a championship wit a Mike Pagel or Mark Malone.

I think it's very difficult, I think impossible to create two dynasties because one can never duplicate all the ingredients that went into it, and nobodynis that smart to recognize who the ingredients for a new, different dynasty are.

In that, I think Bill has had his time. To slight him is to be an imbecile.

On 12/16/2023 at 1:01 PM, tiamat63 said:

Well, Shirley, you are a twerp every time, but now you are going to stop being a twerp? Great !

except you are a liar, so there's that. But since you brought it up, Shirley, go look at how important Amari Cooper is with the Browns.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/02/07/how-many-super-bowl-wins-does-rob-gronkowski-have

"While with the Patriots, Gronkowski won three Super Bowls—XLIX, LI and LIII—though he did not play in Super Bowl LI due to injury. "

' "Heading into this season, Gronkowski had appeared in four Super Bowls, with his best statistical game coming in Super Bowl LII when he caught nine passes for 116 yards and two touchdowns in New England's loss to the Eagles.'

So, even in a loss, Gronk caught 9 passes for 116 yards and two touchdowns. Sounds like Gronk was extremely important in their overall success. Even when Gronk didn't play in the superbowl, HE WAS A MAJOR FACTOR IN ALL THE WINS IT TOOK TO GET TO THE SUPERBOWL.

Amari Cooper is the leading wr for the Browns.

and I never said they won every superbowl with Gronk. But they got to the superbowl with him, and wouldn't have without him.

and Gronk was a TIGHT END. NOT A WIDE RECEIVER. 

Surely you will grow up someday.

7 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Well, Shirley, you are a twerp every time, but now you are going to stop being a twerp? Great !

except you are a liar, so there's that. But since you brought it up, Shirley, go look at how important Amari Cooper is with the Browns.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/02/07/how-many-super-bowl-wins-does-rob-gronkowski-have

"While with the Patriots, Gronkowski won three Super Bowls—XLIX, LI and LIII—though he did not play in Super Bowl LI due to injury. "

' "Heading into this season, Gronkowski had appeared in four Super Bowls, with his best statistical game coming in Super Bowl LII when he caught nine passes for 116 yards and two touchdowns in New England's loss to the Eagles.'

So, even in a loss, Gronk caught 9 passes for 116 yards and two touchdowns. Sounds like Gronk was extremely important in their overall success. Even when Gronk didn't play in the superbowl, HE WAS A MAJOR FACTOR IN ALL THE WINS IT TOOK TO GET TO THE SUPERBOWL.

Amari Cooper is the leading wr for the Browns.

and I never said they won every superbowl with Gronk. But they got to the superbowl with him, and wouldn't have without him.

and Gronk was a TIGHT END. NOT A WIDE RECEIVER. 

Surely you will grow up someday.

Naw he's too busy trying to convince the world how intelligent he thinks him and Dutch are.. Wanna be coffee fetchers for a mythical NFL franchise...

• Haha 1

After digesting, here are a few things that stick out:

1) The Bears' return yards on INTs hurt. They had to be close to 80-90 yards.

2) There is holding every play, but Myles Garrett has an OL hanging on his inside shoulder every other play. I can't believe the NFL allows this to continue.

3) When a QB initiates a slide, whether it be the knee dropping, the shin being parallel to the ground or the shin angle being negative, the slide must continue. If it does not, it should be unsportsmanlike conduct.

4) The swing of emotion I had from get sacked, recover the fumbled punt to INT was no fun.

5) The Locker Room should be proud and stay focused. A lot of Legos got tossed into the build today and they made it work. 

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, nickers said:

Naw he's too busy trying to convince the world how intelligent he thinks him and Dutch are.. Wanna be coffee fetchers for a mythical NFL franchise...

you are the last person here ,who should question someones football intellect.

This should be a fun question... 😇

Where's Deshaun Watson & why should he not be traveling with his Team ?

How MKC has not asked this question, has got to be coming  :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

This should be a fun question... 😇

Where's Deshaun Watson & why should he not be traveling with his Team ?

How MKC has not asked this question, has got to be coming  :)

Because Deshaun did what he always does... He checks himself out....  I hope he's planning an early retirement... I'm sick of the asshole!

• Upvote 1

so, with a terrific oline, terrific backup rbs to Chubb (man, I miss Chubb running), and a dramatically upgraded

WR group -

Dec 10, 2023Joe Flacco Is 4th Browns QB To Win In 2023 Four different QBs have won a game for the Browns this season The 1987 Patriots (5) are the ONLY team since 1950 to have more QBs get a W in a single season pic.twitter.com/YgOoJKDgh1 — NFL on CBS 🏈 (@NFLonCBS) December 10, 2023

12 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

so, with a terrific oline, terrific backup rbs to Chubb (man, I miss Chubb running), and a dramatically upgraded

WR group -

Dec 10, 2023Joe Flacco Is 4th Browns QB To Win In 2023 Four different QBs have won a game for the Browns this season The 1987 Patriots (5) are the ONLY team since 1950 to have more QBs get a W in a single season pic.twitter.com/YgOoJKDgh1 — NFL on CBS 🏈 (@NFLonCBS) December 10, 2023

Terrific OLine? The one missing three starting caliber tackles and the center? Plus Bitonio for who knows how long?

Terrific backup RBs? Ford is terrific? Hunt outside the 5 yard line is terrific now?

Dramatically upgraded WR group? Amari Cooper and.......? 

Is this another cal "this team is so much better now than what Baker had" post? 😁

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

so, with a terrific oline,  

🏈

In your first four words, you've established.

1 - you're not a Browns fan 

2 - don't watch the Browns, circle back to #1 

3 - have little to no idea what you're talking about 

4 - are being intentionally disingenuous in what you say in order to prove, in your mind, what is some grand point. 

5 - all thee above. 

Edit: I'm actually impressed.  Usually I provide supporting detail when I make a point.  But you've managed to skip that part and establish a theme with almost bare minimum wording. I'm jealous I don't have that ability.

BEREA, Ohio -- 

Watson, who underwent surgery Nov. 21 in L.A. to repair the displaced glenoid bone in his right throwing shoulder, returns to Cleveland on Saturday to host his “Christmas Around the World” holiday party downtown for about 300 kids from local organizations he’s worked with. He’ll also address media at the event in his first interview since he underwent the surgery

On 12/21/2023 at 7:48 AM, tiamat63 said:

In your first four words, you've established.1 - you're not a Browns fan 2 - don't watch the Browns, circle back to #1 3 - have little to no idea what you're talking about 4 - are being intentionally disingenuous in what you say in order to prove, in your mind, what is some grand point. 5 - all thee above. Edit: I'm actually impressed.  Usually I provide supporting detail when I make a point.  But you've managed to skip that part and establish a theme with almost bare minimum wording. I'm jealous I don't have that ability.

apology not accepted, Shirley.

TodayAmari Cooper is 15 yards away from eclipsing 1,000 receiving yards this season. If he can get there, he will be the first Browns' receiver to ever have back-to-back 1,000-yard seasons in the...