THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the AFC North

Zombo

The Browns are celebrating a Playoff Season, the Ravens are celebrating a #1 Seed and Ana De Armas is celebrating being ZomBabe of the Year...

61UZ6c4N-qL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

... Meanwhile Pittsburgh is "discovering" a QB that has been on their roster for 6 years, and the Bungles are realizing that some teams don't make excuses when they lose their starting QB, they keep marching ... And the Bungles are not one of those teams.

Pittsburgh at Baltimore, Saturday 4:30

Steelers have enough D to beat Baltimore's backup but will still miss the playoffs because they lost to Arizona and New England ... in December ... At Home. STEELERS 20 RATS 16

Cleveland at Cincinnati, Sunday 1:00 PM

Bungles bags are packed. Browns may not be playing the A-Team, but they still have the A-Schemes. BROWNS 20 BUNGLES 13

TGZ

there we go, copypasta from the other thread 

Steelers 20

Ravens 17

Think Steelers win a close one, and miss the playoffs still since I don’t expect the Jags or Bills to lose

Browns 27

Bengals 13

Browns are tough to beat at home, and this will be a home game. Our practice squad make Browning look even more pedestrian than he has lately. And Stefanski owns Zac Taylor and the Bengals.

Seeing the weather in Baltimore I think the score may be much lower, but same result.

Great Scott! Ana de Arm-as(s) boobs may have shrunk, butt the buns appear to have risen 🙃

Rudolph looks down one crossing route target?  Tomlin says, run that 💩 until 7 - nothing 

paste from other

Rats 17 -13

Colts 27 -23

Browns 24 - 20

6 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Browns 4th round draft in 2022..

Winfrey & Cade York

https://www.nfl.com/news/2022-nfl-draft-pick-by-pick-analysis-for-day-3-rounds-4-5

want a do over ?

7-7 & nobody wants the clock to stop

Nobody cares about some 4th round busts. They were both high risk/high reward guys. Those didn’t work out, but not a bad draft overall with guys like Emerson, Alex Wright, and Jerome Ford.

Given the draft stats, that’s pretty good.

7 minutes ago, bbedward said:

Nobody cares about some 4th round busts.

Given the draft stats, that’s pretty good.

Looks like most of these playoff contender teams, got good value from mid round picks in 2022

2 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Looks like most of these playoff contender teams, got good value from mid round picks in 2022

I think we’re there with em, Emerson and Wright in the 3rd - could argue two of the most important positions. Wright has given solid rotational reps, Emerson is breaking out this year (top ratings across the NFL) 

Ford is a starter too but I’m much more meh on him still, he had some great plays against the jets though.

24 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

To be honest, Pitt making the playoffs doesn’t  bother me at all. The Bills are a dangerous team right now and if they lose to Miami tomorrow having pittsburgh instead as a potential opponent is much better. 

I prefer the lower seeds to win, so we have a chance at a home game. Steelers aren’t getting out of the wild card if they manage to get in.

Theyll win their snoozer of a game today but still need help.

Waiting for steeler fans to start their Super Bowl hype for barely beating the ravens backups on the road in crap weather…

Hope Stef gives Jeff Driskel a longer chain than Todd Monkin just gave his backup QB (v a n i l l a)

Final Pitt 17 Balt 10

3 hours ago, syd said:

balt 10.  pit 3

Browns 24.  cats  12

OK syd,  the NFL's version of   "the nothing bowl"  weekend.  I'm going with both favorites !

● BROWNS (-7)  at  Cincinnati

● BALTIMORE (-4)  vs. Pittsburgh. .....  PIT 17  BAL 10  final.   I only saw it at 7-7 early,  glad i didn't finish it.  😞

Edited by mjp28

1 hour ago, jrb12711 said:

To be honest, Pitt making the playoffs doesn’t  bother me at all. The Bills are a dangerous team right now and if they lose to Miami tomorrow having pittsburgh instead as a potential opponent is much better. 

I'd much rather see Shitsburgh than the Bills.

Buffalo seems to be getting it together at the right time.

I really don't want to see this Texans team in the playoffs.  When they're healthy, most especially Stroud, they're pretty nasty.  

They're going to be a force in a very interesting AFC South for the next 10 years if they keep this up.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

I really don't want to see this Texans team in the playoffs.  When they're healthy, most especially Stroud, they're pretty nasty.  

They're going to be a force in a very interesting AFC South for the next 10 years if they keep this up.

I have a hard time seeing the jags lose so I expect them, but more unexpected things have happened…

Of all the AFCS teams I think the Texans will definitely put up the best fight, but their best years are definitely ahead of them.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Korsou Dawg said:

Texans already clinched with the win, right? Only Stoolers are on the bubble, needing either Jags or Bills to lose. 

Edit: if Jags lose, we play Texans and agree with @tiamat63 they should not be underestimated. Hope @bbedward is right about the Jags winning. 

I actually don’t really care that much who we play, but I’d like tougher low seeds who can potentially upset the higher seeds. Houston is up and coming, but still has too many holes to contend this year.

With stroud they probably wouldn’t be held to 0 points like they were the first time around (7 special teams, 15 against backups in garbage time) - but we can still handle em.

I really wouldn’t wanna lose to the Texans just so we don’t have to see the headlines about how Houston fleeced the browns and are so much better without Watson.

Baltimore and Buffalo are the actual two teams that I think pose the biggest threat (unless Buffalo screws it up today). As long as they just focus on winning the wild card so we can actually make it to a game against Baltimore.

3 hours ago, bbedward said:

I actually don’t really care that much who we play, but I’d like tougher low seeds who can potentially upset the higher seeds. Houston is up and coming, but still has too many holes to contend this year.

With stroud they probably wouldn’t be held to 0 points like they were the first time around (7 special teams, 15 against backups in garbage time) - but we can still handle em.

I really wouldn’t wanna lose to the Texans just so we don’t have to see the headlines about how Houston fleeced the browns and are so much better without Watson.

Baltimore and Buffalo are the actual two teams that I think pose the biggest threat (unless Buffalo screws it up today). As long as they just focus on winning the wild card so we can actually make it to a game against Baltimore.

Agree on the upset teams, but definitely count Texans among them.

Heck, barring the TJ Watt injury, I think you are wrong about the Stoolers. With their ability to get to the QB and the resulting turnover diff, coupled to two very capable RBs, you have a recipe for play-off game management. While Rudolph is no Flacco, many of us here said: all we need is a serviceable QB. I believe Rudolph is capable of not losing a game for Pburg.

48 minutes ago, Korsou Dawg said:

Agree on the upset teams, but definitely count Texans among them.

Heck, barring the TJ Watt injury, I think you are wrong about the Stoolers. With their ability to get to the QB and the resulting turnover diff, coupled to two very capable RBs, you have a recipe for play-off game management. While Rudolph is no Flacco, many of us here said: all we need is a serviceable QB. I believe Rudolph is capable of not losing a game for Pburg.

Hard to see TJ playing with the MCL even if it’s a sprain that doesn’t need surgery, but we’ll see - I’m still favoring the Jags and Bills today, but of the two scenarios I definitely could see Miami winning. I think Miami would be more likely to pull the wild card upset if they drop to the bills vs the Steelers though.

~          And as I said before ..... here it is again,    GO BROWNS !    WIN  #12 .....  baby.   

The 2023-24 NFL regular season is coming to a close this weekend. The Cleveland Browns have already made the playoffs, while the Cincinnati Bengals will be staying home for the first time in three seasons. They can get some measure of revenge on Cleveland by winning the season finale at home on Sunday.

Will the Bengals split the season series with the Browns and finish the season above .500 at 9-8? 

The Bengals are playing for pride on Sunday. And, it’s a big rivalry game against a Browns team that handled them in the season opener, 24-3. Now, Cleveland is resting quarterback Joe Flacco and several other starters for the playoffs. Cincinnati should be able to take advantage of Cleveland’s decision to start    Jeff Driskel   who was just signed off Arizona’s practice squad last week.

SO,  what do I say ?  How about ....

GO BROWNS !         ● CLEVELAND (-7)  30    Cincinnati 22  .......  baby !       

19 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

If the Browns come out with anything short of 100% effort from kickoff to the final whistle, it will be an early exit for the Browns.  The Texans got the big play from the word go and it was the difference.