THE BROWNS BOARD

Gene McDipshit

31 minutes ago, BernieSuperBowl2 said:

Fixed it for you.

Oh you're an internet badass now...  You must think your a tough guy behind that keyboard don't you Pugsly?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, nickers said:

Oh you're an internet badass now...  You must think your a tough guy behind that keyboard don't you Pugsly?

Go FUCK YOURSELF nickers. If you don't like what I have to say, then ignore me. If you don't want to support a Cleveland Browns team that went 11-6 and made the playoffs, then FUCK YOU and get off these boards. 

1 minute ago, BernieSuperBowl2 said:

Go FUCK YOURSELF nickers. If you don't like what I have to say, then ignore me. If you don't want to support a Cleveland Browns team that went 11-6 and made the playoffs, then FUCK YOU and get off these boards. 

No fuck you.. I was here long before you...

Just now, BernieSuperBowl2 said:

Well I'm here now, so get used to me. So FUCK YOU

I like women... Sorry... Have a nice weekend Jr.

2 hours ago, BernieSuperBowl2 said:

And don't call me junior, I'm a grown man. 

you could grow up and act like one, then....

meanwhile, OBJ -  the Giants were delighted to get his head case out of town. I think he finally started to grow up

with the Rams. In 2021, OBJ was targeted 48 times, only caught 27.

The Browns got sick of his act, too.

The Rams?

Cooper Kupp, a star, was targeted 191 times, caught 145.

Van Jefferson was targeted 89 times, caught 50.

Along with Aaron Donald, the Rams were destined to win that Superbowl without obj.

it's stupid to bring up Njoku, he was a malcontent, like obj, until he was ALL PRO THIS YEAR.

Let's see.... the 2022 superbowl........

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/202202130cin.htm

Cooper Kupp 10 targets, caught 8.

Cam Akers 4 targets, caught 3

Darrel Henderson, 5 targets, caught 3

obj his brand - 3 targets, caught 2.

Brysen Hopkins ? 4 targets, caught 4

Van Jefferson 8 Targets, caught 4

and Ben Skowronek 5 targets, caught two.

say, Skowronek caught two passes like obj. LOL

furthermore, OBJ -

was all pro .... but the last time was 2016.

But thanks for showing any new members that

you aren't here to talk about the Browns, but to try to show off online.

pretty sad, junior.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, BernieSuperBowl2 said:

Interesting, at no point in my posts do I question you're sexuality....yet you seem to want to defend it. If you're a gay trans man who identifies as a woman, that's your choice.

And don't call me junior, I'm a grown man. 

Fuck you Jr

• Haha 2

Speaking of Njoku and Baker's time together, remember when Baker threw yet another one of his patented high and wide passes and Njoku went up to try and catch it, got annihilated by the Jets defender and ended up missing the rest of the season?

I'd probably be a malcontent too, after my QB kept getting me killed by air-mailing passes to me. 🤣

• Like 1

got a hunch, 

guessing the former mods, stole the big eraser, and or key to lock topics going off the rails  

Oh yes ! the grand old off season of 🏈 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

you could grow up and act like one, then....

meanwhile, OBJ -  the Giants were delighted to get his head case out of town. I think he finally started to grow up

with the Rams. In 2021, OBJ was targeted 48 times, only caught 27.

The Browns got sick of his act, too.

The Rams?

Cooper Kupp, a star, was targeted 191 times, caught 145.

Van Jefferson was targeted 89 times, caught 50.

Along with Aaron Donald, the Rams were destined to win that Superbowl without obj.

it's stupid to bring up Njoku, he was a malcontent, like obj, until he was ALL PRO THIS YEAR.

Let's see.... the 2022 superbowl........

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/202202130cin.htm

Cooper Kupp 10 targets, caught 8.

Cam Akers 4 targets, caught 3

Darrel Henderson, 5 targets, caught 3

obj his brand - 3 targets, caught 2.

Brysen Hopkins ? 4 targets, caught 4

Van Jefferson 8 Targets, caught 4

and Ben Skowronek 5 targets, caught two.

say, Skowronek caught two passes like obj. LOL

furthermore, OBJ -

was all pro .... but the last time was 2016.

But thanks for showing any new members that

you aren't here to talk about the Browns, but to try to show off online.

pretty sad, junior.

Pathetic old man:

I'm here to talk about the current team that went 11-6 and made the playoffs, and the future of the team. But if you want to make shit up about the past, I'll gladly prove you wrong every time.

2020 Odell stats:

With Browns and #1 overall bust of a QB: 17 receptions, 232 yards, 0 TD's

With Rams and Stafford, regular season: 27 receptions, 305 yards, 5 TD's - while learning a new playbook

With Rams and Stafford, playoffs - run to winning the Super Bowl: 21 receptions, 288 yards, 2 TD's (including a Super Bowl TD catch)

If you can't see the difference in QB play, then you're dumber than I thought. If you read my post earlier, I'm not saying Odell was the same player he was with the Giants when he came to Cleveland - but our #1 overall bust made him worse. 

22 hours ago, Bob806 said:

Seems like our fan base can never be happy. 

Ever since Kosar got cut, it's a constant debate or love affair with the second-string QB.

I've said it a gazillion times, Baker was the right guy at the time. Perfect attitude to overcome Hue Jackson. Neither Allen, Rosen, or Darnold would have survived Hue's ineptitude, and I refuse to be talked out of that. 

It's too damn bad that the Browns have made some decisions that burned 'em, like Kitchens as HC , signing OBJ, not sitting Mayfield. Those 3 things probably cost them a couple playoff berths.

It's not perfect even now, but for once, can this fan base actually appreciate what they have now, and the (hopeful) promise of what lies ahead? I always thought we had great fans, but I'm doubting it more everyday. Social media has kind of killed my faith in humanity, and it's killing our fan base.

Go Browns.

Well said Bob!  As one of the guys that WANTED us to draft Baker 1st overall - GUESS how much I wanted him to succeed here?  The Browns also went out and got Baker weapons like Jarvis Landry, OBJ while David Njoku was drafted in round 1 the year before Baker. They also drafted a LT in upper round 1 and signed an All Pro RT.  Baker even had Chubb as his RB the entire time as well as OGs like Bitonio and Teller. I'd say those were pretty freakin good efforts to equip the QB with sufficient help even if Wills didn't pan out.

I think Baker had some success; but it's kind of like the Jared Goff situation (without the Super Bowl of course).  Was Jared ever going to be LA's Championship QB or does Detroit give him a better chance?  This brings up Matthew Stafford, was he ever going to be Detroit's Championship QB?  Was Steve Young ever going to be Tampa Bay's Championship QB?  Was Doug Williams ever going to be Tampa Bay's Championship QB? 

The 1 thing that resonates with me about Baker is that I don't remember reading, seeing or hearing even 1 of his teammate's complaining/upset about the parting of ways.  Right or wrong here, that sure left me wondering if he lost the team/locker room prior to the parting of ways anyhow. Who wants to tell me that was anything like the departure of Bernie Kosar?  I liked the excitement and pulse Baker brought to this team early on; so I'm glad he's found an ideal fit this year.  Having said that and per your point Bob, I'm only wired to root for the Cleveland Browns regardless if personnel moves can be worrisome at times.  When you have a family tradition of following this team dating back as far as a parent/grandparent watching Otto Graham back in the day - the time to quit such a tradition isn't during the momentum of an 11-6 season. I feel bad for the younger fans that haven't even experienced the excitement of a Conference Championship Game.

I still think we have a lot of great fans that have been through a lot of unreasonable/unfair circumstances and outcomes over the years.  Frustration often comes to a boil over the QB position and it's usually when people tend to vent a lot of the bottled up stuff at each other.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Having said that and per your point Bob, I'm only wired to root for the Cleveland Browns regardless if personnel moves can be worrisome at times.  When you have a family tradition of following this team dating back as far as a parent/grandparent watching Otto Graham back in the day - the time to quit such a tradition isn't during the momentum of an 11-6 season. 

Bingo!

We've invested tons of emotion & money into this team. One bad draft, one bad free agent signing, many bad coaches/GMs aren't going to kill my love for the Browns.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, BernieSuperBowl2 said:

Pathetic old man:

I'm here to talk about the current team that went 11-6 and made the playoffs, and the future of the team. But if you want to make shit up about the past, I'll gladly prove you wrong every time.

2020 Odell stats:

With Browns and #1 overall bust of a QB: 17 receptions, 232 yards, 0 TD's

With Rams and Stafford, regular season: 27 receptions, 305 yards, 5 TD's - while learning a new playbook

With Rams and Stafford, playoffs - run to winning the Super Bowl: 21 receptions, 288 yards, 2 TD's (including a Super Bowl TD catch)

If you can't see the difference in QB play, then you're dumber than I thought. If you read my post earlier, I'm not saying Odell was the same player he was with the Giants when he came to Cleveland - but our #1 overall bust made him worse. 

wait, you had fragrant, unsubstantiated changies of subjectsies?

The Browns went to the playoffs in 2020. Look at the wr's Stafford had, then look at who Baker had.

If you aren't going to TRY to be serious, you're delirious.

So, the qb with the Giants made him a head case? really, now, how does that work exactly?

I took the stats directly from the link, Dink.

The Browns were 11-5 in 2020 with Mayfield at qb. Loser then? seriously?

How about, Mayfield set a new completion percentage record?

• Upvote 1

So, let's get back to our Browns: Here they were rated #10 NFL defense with concerns for next season:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/2023-nfl-defense-rankings-evaluating-best-worst-nfl-defenses-in-week-18/ar-AA1bjhXU

10. Cleveland Browns

• Defensive Needs: DL, EDGE, S

The Cleveland Browns had the best defense in the regular season, but there were signs of regression in part due to injuries late in the year. Everything came undone in the Wild Card round against Houston, with C.J. Stroud averaging 12.7 yards per attempt with a 158.1 QB rating before being pulled. Our big concern is the looming losses for this defense. Cleveland’s current impending free agents include Za’Darius Smith, Jordan Elliott, Shelby Harris, Maurice Hurst, Rodney McLeod, Sione Takitaki and Anthony Walker Jr. Some of those defenders will leave and depriving this Browns’ defense of its depth, combined with the late-season regression, will give us some pause in 2024.

(click this link and read: the Browns need MORE weapons on offense.)

'"Cleveland can retain Cooper and Elijah Moore in 2024, but this offense needs more weapons. While the 2024 NFL Draft is a viable path to adding one, the best move for the Browns’ front office might be to bargain hunt in free agency for a one-year deal.'

5 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

So, let's get back to our Browns: Here they were rated #10 NFL defense with concerns for next season:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/2023-nfl-defense-rankings-evaluating-best-worst-nfl-defenses-in-week-18/ar-AA1bjhXU

10. Cleveland Browns

The Cleveland Browns had the best defense in the regular season, but there were signs of regression in part due to injuries late in the year. Everything came undone in the Wild Card round against Houston, with C.J. Stroud averaging 12.7 yards per attempt with a 158.1 QB rating before being pulled. Our big concern is the looming losses for this defense. Cleveland’s current impending free agents include Za’Darius Smith, Jordan Elliott, Shelby Harris, Maurice Hurst, Rodney McLeod, Sione Takitaki and Anthony Walker Jr. Some of those defenders will leave and depriving this Browns’ defense of its depth, combined with the late-season regression, will give us some pause in 2024.

'"Cleveland can retain Cooper and Elijah Moore in 2024, but this offense needs more weapons. While the 2024 NFL Draft is a viable path to adding one, the best move for the Browns’ front office might be to bargain hunt in free agency for a one-year deal.'

More bargain hunting... Bargain hunting is just bad... You're not doing your team justice going that route IMHO.

35 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

wait, you had fragrant, unsubstantiated changies of subjectsies?

The Browns went to the playoffs in 2020. Look at the wr's Stafford had, then look at who Baker had.

If you aren't going to TRY to be serious, you're delirious.

So, the qb with the Giants made him a head case? really, now, how does that work exactly?

I took the stats directly from the link, Dink.

The Browns were 11-5 in 2020 with Mayfield at qb. Loser then? seriously?

How about, Mayfield set a new completion percentage record?

Pathetic Old Man,

You're hanging on to a man-child who hasn't played for us in 3 years. Sad!

Go Browns

46 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

10. Cleveland Browns

Pathetic Old Man,

Dumb post. What are your rational thoughts (you don't have any) for off-season moves instead of a lazy copy and paste? 

On 1/19/2024 at 10:36 PM, nickers said:

No fuck you.. I was here long before you...

Nicks, the timing of this protest you have going here just seems strange to me.  The Browns finished the regular season with an 11-6 record despite one of the biggest volumes of injury we've witnessed (needing 4 different QBs induced by ending up with a 3rd string RT and a backup LT that was unemployed). Even worse, Nick Chubb went on IR in week 2.  This all took place in a competitive division that sent 3 teams to the playoffs.  They didn't get 2 forfeits from Carolina + 2 gimmes from Atlanta.  What we did see was the Browns beating SF and Baltimore (the two #1 seeds in the playoffs) to prove our favorite can beat anyone.  On top of all the injuries to the OL - Bitonio didn't even dress for that SF game.  The guy that replaced him (Dunn) got injured but played through it before going on IR the next day and not returning for about a month. In the PAST, the Browns would quit for reasons far less than they were up against this year.

Last year seemed like the much better time for a WTF is going on here question.  Having said that, the chemistry you and Bernie got going in this thread is unmatched. It reminds me of what Siskel & Ebert could have been on humor steroids and use of pottymouth Shakespeare where needed.  Classic stuff!  

I think your biggest enemy in this thread is yourself regardless if anyone argues otherwise.  You have been here a long time with me going through countless disappointments. It's been a lot more fun to have you WITH me/us rather than rooting for your prediction about Watson to come true in lieu of rooting for the TEAM/REASON you joined the message board about 20 years ago. Cleveland Browns fans weren't born to be fortune tellers Nicks.  

10 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Nicks, the timing of this protest you have going here just seems strange to me.  The Browns finished the regular season with an 11-6 record despite one of the biggest volumes of injury we've witnessed (needing 4 different QBs induced by ending up with a 3rd string RT and a backup LT that was unemployed). Even worse, Nick Chubb went on IR in week 2.  This all took place in a competitive division that sent 3 teams to the playoffs.  They didn't get 2 forfeits from Carolina + 2 gimmes from Atlanta.  What we did see was the Browns beating SF and Baltimore (the two #1 seeds in the playoffs) to prove our favorite can beat anyone.  On top of all the injuries to the OL - Bitonio didn't even dress for that SF game.  The guy that replaced him (Dunn) got injured but played through it before going on IR the next day and not returning for about a month. In the PAST, the Browns would quit for reasons far less than they were up against this year.

Last year seemed like the much better time for a WTF is going on here question.  Having said that, the chemistry you and Bernie got going in this thread is unmatched. It reminds me of what Siskel & Ebert could have been on humor steroids and use of pottymouth Shakespeare where needed.  Classic stuff!  

I think your biggest enemy in this thread is yourself regardless if anyone argues otherwise.  You have been here a long time with me going through countless disappointments. It's been a lot more fun to have you WITH me/us rather than rooting for your prediction about Watson to come true in lieu of rooting for the TEAM/REASON you joined the message board about 20 years ago. Cleveland Browns fans weren't born to be fortune tellers Nicks.  

I'm glad we went 11-6 it was a fun season.. But I don't have to like Watson to appease you folks... Sorry.. I'm not a people pleaser.. Wait!.. No I'm not sorry... I'll stick to my guns... Want to get pleased?.. Get a massage! :P

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Jax said:

Is anyone going to stop the Ravens from winning the superbowl??

If Lamar keeps running like he does he might stop them himself...

4 hours ago, nickers said:

If Lamar keeps running like he does he might stop them himself...

I'm still amazed at how fast he is while it looks so effortless.  In some of his runs he'll stop on a dime; and as soon as he tales off - he's at full speed.  I've never heard his 40 time but I got a feeling it's in Deion Sanders/Michael Vick range.  I think I remembered hearing he didn't want to run 40s for teams; because he thought teams wouldn't want to see him as a QB.  This guy can freakin jet.

I HATE to say it; but I think he's finally gonna win a Super Bowl.

2 hours ago, Flugel said:

I'm still amazed at how fast he is while it looks so effortless.  In some of his runs he'll stop on a dime; and as soon as he tales off - he's at full speed.  I've never heard his 40 time but I got a feeling it's in Deion Sanders/Michael Vick range.  I think I remembered hearing he didn't want to run 40s for teams; because he thought teams wouldn't want to see him as a QB.  This guy can freakin jet.

I HATE to say it; but I think he's finally gonna win a Super Bowl.

You might be right... Because right now... KC and Buff look extremely vulnerable and exhausted... The Ravens are the luckiest team in Football right now... I'm just disgusted by the thought that this is supposed be our fucking team... I hope Art is rotting in hell!! He was a sellout cocksucker!

• Upvote 2

The main problem I have with Jackson is the team he plays for of course.

He's been a threat long enough that defenses should have a book on how to stop him but he keeps winning.

Even if you contain him and stop the run the guy makes some very nice passes.

I hope the Ravens lose but if they win, he deserves it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jax said:

The main problem I have with Jackson is the team he plays for of course.

He's been a threat long enough that defenses should have a book on how to stop him but he keeps winning.

Even if you contain him and stop the run the guy makes some very nice passes.

I hope the Ravens lose but if they win, he deserves it.

And I think he is a better passer this year than he has ever been in years past. This looks like a SB winner to me.