THE BROWNS BOARD

We're all rooting for the Lions, right?

MLD Woody

Great season, but max'd out by other 3 remaining teams, imo

Goff and the Lions pulling up to the NFC Championship game

GEZvYLEaAAAg1tG.jpg.cbd193dcaf97e71ac637ff5b04e5cff0.jpg

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, Orion said:

Yes.  I always liked Goff.  I felt bad about his trade.  Made him look like he was trash.

Dan Campbell is the QB whisperer and brought him out of the dumpster to look like an an All-Pro again. Dan believed in him and consequently he regained belief in himself. Glad they both made the final 4. BTW this is a fun video to watch on "Dre".  😱🏈🤫

11 hours ago, Orion said:

Yes.  I always liked Goff.  I felt bad about his trade.  Made him look like he was trash.

The trade never really made sense to me... I mean Goff hadnt even entered his prime yet and was the younger guy... But whatevs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, syd said:

but who is laughing now

The Rams did win a Super Bowl the first year they had Stafford, so I doubt they regret making the trade.

I think this is one of those rare "win-win" trades for both teams. 

• Upvote 4

Jared Goff age 29, In 2024, Goff will earn a base salary of $21,650,064 and a roster bonus of $5,000,000, while carrying a cap hit of $31,650,064 and a dead cap value of $5,000,000.

UFA in 2025.. Look for a off season extension deal on J. Goff. Lions are 7th in cap space w/ 58M  😮‍💨

SEP 3 2019   Signed a 4 year $134 million contract extension with Los Angeles (LAR)

JAN 30 2021  Traded to Detroit (DET) from Los Angeles (LAR) with 2023 1st round pick (#6 - traded), 2022 1st round pick (#32 - traded) and 2021 3rd round pick (#101 Ifeatu Melifonwu) for Matthew Stafford

Stafford turns 36 in 2 days.. In 2024, Stafford will earn a base salary of $31,000,000, while carrying a cap hit of $49,500,000 and a dead cap value of $86,500,000.

POTENTIAL BUY OUT: 2026,   UFA 2027

MAR 19 2022  Signed a 4 year $160 million contract extension with Los Angeles (LAR)

Rams started hitting on them F'em draft picks, didn't they?

The Rams paid a heavy price for Stafford and a Super Bowl.   We've paid a heavy price too.  But our trophy case is rusty and dusty.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Orion said:

The Rams paid a heavy price for Stafford and a Super Bowl.   We've paid a heavy price too.  But our trophy case is rusty and dusty.

Not it's not. It's on fire I tell ya!🤣

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Not it's not. It's on fire I tell ya!🤣

Wow ..... that was exciting as i sit here watching.  "The Price is Right"  on our day sleeper on a Tuesday in January.

Our firefighters getting training.

I don’t root for other teams to win. I do however root for teams to lose. Someone PLEASE beat the raturds. I don’t care who does it 

1 hour ago, Browns149 said:

I don’t root for other teams to win. I do however root for teams to lose. Someone PLEASE beat the raturds. I don’t care who does it 

Yes, I’m sitting here thinking it would be great if the Lions beat Taylor Swift in the SB.

23 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Yes, I’m sitting here thinking it would be great if the Lions beat Taylor Swift in the SB.

The NFL wants KC in the SB for sure

Before I commit to rooting for the Detroit Lions, I need confirmation that this team is totally on the up-and-up.

There's this other football team down the road from them that are downright scandalous! 😉

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Before I commit to rooting for the Detroit Lions, I need confirmation that this team is totally on the up-and-up.

There's this other football team down the road from them that are downright scandalous! 😉

I have no idea who you’re talking about? 🤔

IMG_5241.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

I have no idea who you’re talking about? 🤔

IMG_5241.png

LMAO!   Understanding the acro for Flugel's Abs is FLABS - thank you for the 2 minute abs CD!   You turned that hot mess into shredded wheat from a relaxed, seated position.

This sort of feels like a Jimmy Johnson departure from the Miami Hurricanes to Dallas. 1 year later, "The U" went on probation with college football's version of the death sentence at the time.  And Jimmy Johnson's punishment?  Just a few growing pains before leading Dallas to 2 Super Bowl Championships.  They were so good - they even won the next Super Bowl with Barry Switzer on the bench (not to be confused with the sideline) asking players to pass him the pretzels.  Even more impressive, he almost learned half their names...

Not to get too sidetracked, but I used to LMAO when the NCAA pretended Nebraska was clean with nothing to investigate in the Tom Osborne era.  At the same time, all Barry Switzer had to do was leave the house - and it was a full-on investigation.  Classic example of all you gotta do is shake the right hands, kiss the right babies and grease the right fannies.  Osborne was so good at that stuff he got into politics.  Switzer, on the other hand, was reduced to hunting with Jed Clampett.

• Haha 3

Could be the same as Pete Carrroll.

It did however take 6 years for the NCAA to finally put the hammer to USC. Including vacating their National Title. The violations took place in 2004 and 2005. Carroll didn’t leave until 2010, right before the hammer dropped

4 hours ago, Browns149 said:

Could be the same as Pete Carrroll.

It did however take 6 years for the NCAA to finally put the hammer to USC. Including vacating their National Title. The violations took place in 2004 and 2005. Carroll didn’t leave until 2010, right before the hammer dropped

Vacating a title is the dumbest punishment in the history of sports. We all watched the game and saw who won. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, VaporTrail said:

Vacating a title is the dumbest punishment in the history of sports. We all watched the game and saw who won. 

I see nothing

• Haha 1

Tbh, I don’t care that much about who wins it if it’s not Cleveland - never anyone in our division is what I root for.

Sure, I’d prefer the lions - rooting for them though? Not really. I root for whoever is playing Baltimore and that’s it. 

8 hours ago, bbedward said:

Tbh, I don’t care that much about who wins it if it’s not Cleveland - never anyone in our division is what I root for.

Sure, I’d prefer the lions - rooting for them though? Not really. I root for whoever is playing Baltimore and that’s it. 

Me too!  In other words, every season since 1964. 

I have to confess that I have only 1 exception to the Baltimore thing.  I can't EVER root for Pittsburgh even if it's against the Rats.  Being born in 64 - that's about a 30 year head start Pittsburgh has on Baltimore in my inventory of earned hatred and extensive reasons to despise a team.  There's nothing better that watching Pittsburgh reach their 5th consecutive post season 1 and done. This includes Cleveland beating them at their dump scoring 48 points even with Cheesecakes at QB (3 TD passes 0 INTs vrs Roethlisberger's 5 turnovers). 

2 hours ago, Flugel said:

Me too!  In other words, every season since 1964. 

I have to confess that I have only 1 exception to the Baltimore thing.

Me too on the exception and that was when one of my best friends played for and won a SB ring with the then Colts. The pity and irony is that I did not get to see the game live. They did not carry it in the remote area of Vietnam where I was staying at the time. They did have really good gameday food though. Snake soup🐍 and duck blood🦆 pudding topped off with rice wine and rice drenched in a straight nuoc mam (fish sauce) which helped drown the disgusting taste of duck blood pudding (think congealed, not cooked).😋 EDIT-and add a little Vietnamese 333 beer to it.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Me too on the exception and that was when one of my best friends played for and won a SB ring with the then Colts. The pity and irony is that I did not get to see the game live. They did not carry it in the remote area of Vietnam where I was staying at the time. They did have really good gameday food though. Snake soup🐍 and duck blood🦆 pudding topped off with rice wine and rice drenched in a straight nuoc mam (fish sauce) which helped drown the disgusting taste of duck blood pudding (think congealed, not cooked).😋 EDIT-and add a little Vietnamese 333 beer to it.

Thanks for doing what you did for your country Aggies!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Flugel said:

Thanks for doing what you did for your country Aggies!

Thanks Tom. It was something I never questioned. Great Grandfather Civil War, Grandfather WW I and Father WW II. It was expected of me in our family.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Thanks Tom. It was something I never questioned. Great Grandfather Civil War, Grandfather WW I and Father WW II. It was expected of me in our family.

for some reason i am thinking lt. dan  from forrest gump

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, syd said:

for some reason i am thinking lt. dan  from forrest gump

With legs intact and no Purple Heart thank goodness.😁 Plus I love shrimp no matter how you cook 'em up.😋

• Like 1