THE BROWNS BOARD

RFK Jr.

I didn’t see a post on this but wondered what y’all’s thoughts on Robert Fitzgerald Kennedy deux running as an independent?

I saw his Superbowl ad and took a peek at his website. Link below.

https://www.kennedy24.com

I figure he’s dead in the water as both parties will team up to squash his candidacy. Still, interesting move with the guy being a Kennedy and all, and his ideas aren’t too half baked from the bit l read. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I didn’t see a post on this but wondered what y’all’s thoughts on Robert Fitzgerald Kennedy deux running as an independent?

I saw his Superbowl ad and took a peek at his website. Link below.

https://www.kennedy24.com

I figure he’s dead in the water as both parties will team up to squash his candidacy. Still, interesting move with the guy being a Kennedy and all, and his ideas aren’t too half baked from the bit l read. 

7 hours ago, Axe said:

Why would the Republicans want to squash his candidacy?

Well, now that the Rs decided Trump is their answer instead of Ramaswany, it's 3rd party all the way.

4 hours ago, Bob806 said:

Well, now that the Rs decided Trump is their answer instead of Ramaswany, it's 3rd party all the way.

no matter who that third party candidate is?

seriously?

wait, it can't be serious.

30 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

seriously?

A third party would just be a circus show

13 hours ago, Axe said:

Why would the Republicans want to squash his candidacy?

I spent a few minutes on his site and it looks like he’s trying to champion a few things Republicans care about. Shoring up the border, not taking guns away. This is solely based on a few minutes of poking around his site so just a snap guess. I could be wrong there. 

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

seriously?

Yes. I'm serious.

A vote for Biden or Trump endorses the BS in Washington, which must stop. They ( the 2 major parties) aren't representing us, the voters whatsoever. 

The "lesser of 2 evils" that perhaps many of us have used as a voting tool hasn't worked out either. Please don't try to convince me otherwise. 

34 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I could be wrong there. 

I suspect you are. I think he would siphon off more Dems than Reps....

There is a threat of a 3rd party cross party ticket if the Trump/Biden race becomes a reality but I don't think RFK jr is a serious consideration for that ticket.

He's a man in the wilderness imo..

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Bob806 said:

Yes. I'm serious.

A vote for Biden or Trump endorses the BS in Washington, which must stop. They ( the 2 major parties) aren't representing us, the voters whatsoever. 

The "lesser of 2 evils" that perhaps many of us have used as a voting tool hasn't worked out either. Please don't try to convince me otherwise. 

If only we had ranked choice voting....

8 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

If only we had ranked choice voting....

They could bring in Paul Finebaum & Kirk Herbstreit to moderate lol

20 hours ago, Bob806 said:

Yes. I'm serious.

Oh, baloney, sonny. lol. A vote for Trump is the ONLY way we can END the bs corruption in our gov.

Want me to post articles/links - about the fbi, cia, irs, doj, etc etc participating in undermining our elections, at least recently?

Go read up on whoreta's fani and her crooked boyfriend (did you watch the hearing grilling them today?) Lies, etc. They will be relieved of their controlling the fake prosecution of Pres Trump.

You think Trump puts fed "assets" in democrat events? NO. They are all determined to keep their power, Bob. They will destroy anyone who tries to be president and will undermine the power they crave to keep permanently.

A third party vote is bs - democrats want a third party vote (by REPUBLICATION VOTERS) "haha" while they will vote for biden and the dems.

It's been proven that a lot of activist dems register as reps to vote against strong candidates to screw up the rep primaries.

After watching the fake prosecutions, the completely asinine storming of Mar-A-Largo (remember the folder with fbi/intel malfeasance in it? yeah, they frantically wanted it back.)

the only hope for a free America is re-electing Pres Trump or someone who will also fight the corrupt deep state bureaucrats who are determined to run all of us into submission to a permanent shadow dicktatership.

Come on, Bob. Let yourself go - think on it.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Oh, baloney, sonny. lol. A vote for Trump is the ONLY way we can END the bs corruption in our gov.

Want me to post articles/links - about the fbi, cia, irs, doj, etc etc participating in undermining our elections, at least recently?

Go read up on whoreta's fani and her crooked boyfriend (did you watch the hearing grilling them today?) Lies, etc. They will be relieved of their controlling the fake prosecution of Pres Trump.

You think Trump puts fed "assets" in democrat events? NO. They are all determined to keep their power, Bob. They will destroy anyone who tries to be president and will undermine the power they crave to keep permanently.

A third party vote is bs - democrats want a third party vote (by REPUBLICATION VOTERS) "haha" while they will vote for biden and the dems.

It's been proven that a lot of activist dems register as reps to vote against strong candidates to screw up the rep primaries.

After watching the fake prosecutions, the completely asinine storming of Mar-A-Largo (remember the folder with fbi/intel malfeasance in it? yeah, they frantically wanted it back.)

the only hope for a free America is re-electing Pres Trump or someone who will also fight the corrupt deep state bureaucrats who are determined to run all of us into submission to a permanent shadow dicktatership.

Like I said before... A 3rd party would be a total cluster fuck... It's exactly what the Demonrats wants... Quit playing into their hands..

• Upvote 1

Just now, nickers said:

Like I said before... A 3rd party would be a total cluster fuck... It's exactly what the Demonrats wants... Quit playing into their hands..

yep. the democrats love their free stuff, free ride, free hate, free dishonest fake prosecutions, free social media fame.....

but you oppose them, and the lefties in our gov will prosecution any opposition on the same grounds.

banana republic/kangaroo courts are the corrupt powerweilder's recorse.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I have, quite a bit. 

I don't have the confidence that some do about Trump. While many point out about how he's an "outsider" that's going to "drain the swamp," etc., he's not an outsider anymore. 

Trump once again has hurt himself by saying some silly things- regarding Russia & NATO this week. That's his downfall....he doesn't listen to advisors.  He fires people on his "team" more often than Jimmy Haslam did.

He isn't without value. His economic policies seemed great. That's where he belongs, somewhere in the dept of Commerce, maybe the cabinet post. 

Insanity is doing the same thing, over & over and expecting a new result. That's why I'm NOT voting D or R for President. 

On 2/15/2024 at 8:32 AM, Bob806 said:

They could bring in Paul Finebaum & Kirk Herbstreit to moderate lol

Bob, the Woodpecker isn't voting for any moderates. You can take that to the bank. And regardless of what he might say he loves him some braindead vaccine conspiracy theories.

Kennedy's problem: we are a pretty shallow class of Voters and he talks funny. And that's not even a joke.

WSS

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Kennedy's problem: we are a pretty shallow class of Voters and he talks funny. And that's not even a joke.

WSS

He does talk funny lol.

This election is so very important, and the thought of either of the 2 leading candidates winning it really sucks. 

51 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

I have, quite a bit. 

I don't have the confidence that some do about Trump. While many point out about how he's an "outsider" that's going to "drain the swamp," etc., he's not an outsider anymore. 

Trump once again has hurt himself by saying some silly things- regarding Russia & NATO this week. That's his downfall....he doesn't listen to advisors.  He fires people on his "team" more often than Jimmy Haslam did.

He isn't without value. His economic policies seemed great. That's where he belongs, somewhere in the dept of Commerce, maybe the cabinet post. 

Insanity is doing the same thing, over & over and expecting a new result. That's why I'm NOT voting D or R for President. 

I have plenty of confidence in Trump... I have ZERO confidence in Libtards putting their ego's aside to even try and work with the man...

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

A third party and ranked choice voting make sense

Which means this country will never do it

No Doubt but I don't think it would be the moderate one that would hold your attention. And let's face it Republicans loved Ralph Nader because he drew votes away from the Democrat party. Democrats would probably love to see Nikki Haley as a third party to draw votes away from the Trump camp.

WSS

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

No Doubt but I don't think it would be the moderate one that would hold your attention. And let's face it Republicans loved Ralph Nader because he drew votes away from the Democrat party. Democrats would probably love to see Nikki Haley as a third party to draw votes away from the Trump camp.

WSS

Ok? Besides the fact we probably have different definitions of moderate I'm not sure why that matters or why you've repeated it twice now. 

Sure, there are certain potential third parties that would resonate with my beliefs more, but in general just adding any third party would be a good move. Everything would naturally adjust to a Left, Middle, and Right party anyway.

MAGA breaks away? They're the new right. Traditional Reps join more conservative Dems. Progressive Dems become the new left.

Same thing probably ultimately happens if the progressive left breaks off first. 

Or maybe we can get 4 parties? Even better

And ranked choice voting would be the first step in that happening 

1 hour ago, nickers said:

I have plenty of confidence in Trump... I have ZERO confidence in Libtards putting their ego's aside to even try and work with the man...

That's good that you do. 

Libtards, RINOs, whomever else have to work with him too, and it's not going to work.

2 hours ago, Bob806 said:

I have, quite a bit. 

You have. He is still an outsider, that is why they are still trying desperately to keep him off the ballot, Bob. Yes, he has said some silly things, but his statement about NATO was spot on. Some of those countries are taking advantage of us, using us as their cash cow - so lazy, irresponsible, etc. I would have answered their question the same way. They asked if we would still defend them if they refused to spend the minimum on their own defense.

He simply said no to tell them we are not a fool anymore.

But biden is a serious fool. America looks like a fool in the eyes of our friends and enemies.

Domestically, Trump was absolutely correct on the border. Come on, Bob - a third party has zero chance of having the backing to get things done like CLOSE OUR BORDER, CONTROL IMMIGRATION, STOP THE "mmgw" farce play for control over every American and every business, a third party is a fanciful fake baloney sandwich. It isn't a viable choice that helps get America back on track.

Pres Trump fired people because they were corrupt. The hard core staff of clinton/obamao deep state control ended up in his cabinet. He didn't know better.

He does now. That is why Pres Trump is the next president, or America goes into despair, WWIII, and even worse disaster - dictatership.

History says it with examples over centuries, Bob. Thanks to clintons, obaMao, biden.... our cia, fbi, doj, irs, etc have been politically corrupted with a vengence.  the brennans, clappers, muellers, strzoks, pages etc will be doing a lot worse to our Constittution/Bill of Rights.... no more free America.

Don't let it happen before you believe, Bob. America is headed down a dangerously destructive road and voting third party doesn't change it's direction. Just my goofball opinion, but I think I'm right.

8 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

You have. He is still an outsider, that is why they are still trying desperately to keep him off the ballot, Bob. Yes, he has said some silly things, but his statement about NATO was spot on. Some of those countries are taking advantage of us, using us as their cash cow - so lazy, irresponsible, etc. I would have answered their question the same way. They asked if we would still defend them if they refused to spend the minimum on their own defense.

He simply said no to tell them we are not a fool anymore.

But biden is a serious fool. America looks like a fool in the eyes of our friends and enemies.

Domestically, Trump was absolutely correct on the border. Come on, Bob - a third party has zero chance of having the backing to get things done like CLOSE OUR BORDER, CONTROL IMMIGRATION, STOP THE "mmgw" farce play for control over every American and every business, a third party is a fanciful fake baloney sandwich. It isn't a viable choice that helps get America back on track.

Pres Trump fired people because they were corrupt. The hard core staff of clinton/obamao deep state control ended up in his cabinet. He didn't know better.

He does now. That is why Pres Trump is the next president, or America goes into despair, WWIII, and even worse disaster - dictatership.

History says it with examples over centuries, Bob. Thanks to clintons, obaMao, biden.... our cia, fbi, doj, irs, etc have been politically corrupted with a vengence.  the brennans, clappers, muellers, strzoks, pages etc will be doing a lot worse to our Constittution/Bill of Rights.... no more free America.

Don't let it happen before you believe, Bob. America is headed down a dangerously destructive road and voting third party doesn't change it's direction. Just my goofball opinion, but I think I'm right.

Exactly... There's no easy out no matter how you paint the picture

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

Ok? Besides the fact we probably have different definitions of moderate I'm not sure why that matters or why you've repeated it twice now. 

Sure, there are certain potential third parties that would resonate with my beliefs more, but in general just adding any third party would be a good move. Everything would naturally adjust to a Left, Middle, and Right party anyway.

MAGA breaks away? They're the new right. Traditional Reps join more conservative Dems. Progressive Dems become the new left.

Same thing probably ultimately happens if the progressive left breaks off first. 

Or maybe we can get 4 parties? Even better

And ranked choice voting would be the first step in that happening 

Just like you whine about people calling Joe Biden or the Deep state that controls his actions liberals. You can't think of one fucking hardcore right-wing thing that anybody associated with your personal Boogeyman MAGA.

If and when a Conservative candidate gets voted in because of your pet voting method then you will be shitting your pants about that. What can I say. I'm about the only guy on here who has ever said he was okay with a moderate candidate. When your feet are put to the fire the only thing you can say about Joe Biden is that he's not liberal enough for you so there's that.

Third party does not equal good bad or anything else.

WSS

when woodpecker or any leftie say "moderate" they mean "rino". Everything they do and say is politically self-serving.

Every term is their license to change the definition to suit them.

woodpecker - Real Marriage is a sick thing, so they changed the definition. "right wing" is anything that doesn't fit their leftwing radical agenda. "Moderate" means who they are. "Extreme" is only conservative, never liberal. "justice" means they win politically.

Supporting Israel is bad, and ignoring hamas's war crimes is their "good".

They are always "victims" in their own feelings, because they can't get their perverted ways instilled in society to their liking.

There is no perversion that they will criticize, because they changed the definition of perversion to "we can't control it, so we'll screw it up"

The left is self-destructive, and it is taking a serous toll on America, too.

and the woodpecker's arrogant nonsense platitudes never end. But it makes him? FEEL like Big Bird.

Woodrow-Woodpecker-Mascot-Costume-953-80

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Just like you whine about people calling Joe Biden or the Deep state that controls his actions liberals. You can't think of one fucking hardcore right-wing thing that anybody associated with your personal Boogeyman MAGA.

If and when a Conservative candidate gets voted in because of your pet voting method then you will be shitting your pants about that. What can I say. I'm about the only guy on here who has ever said he was okay with a moderate candidate. When your feet are put to the fire the only thing you can say about Joe Biden is that he's not liberal enough for you so there's that.

Third party does not equal good bad or anything else.

WSS

Oh lord, here i go giving you a response... I'll regret this...

- if you think Biden is some hardcore leftist you're a moron

- can't think of one? Repealing Roe v Wade is pretty fucking conservative. Plenty of attacks on LGBTQ rights too. And no, I'm not talking sports. Or just the MAGA crowd, actual politicians, calling anyone that disagrees with them traitors and other inflammatory language. The right has gotten more right over the years. Unless you're in that forest, it is easy to see. But most of this board is in that forest and I'm not going to get them to see any trees. 

- no... I won't. Unlike most of this board I'm not picking my positions based on party politics. I'm picking it based on what I feel is the right answer. Ranked choice voting makes sense. And it isn't a "pet" thing. Many countries do it already. Many countries do democracy better than us, ironically enough. 

- when my feet are put to the fire? I have no idea what you're talking about. I voted for Biden to just punt for 4 years and hope things didn't get worse. Infrastructure bill, etc have been great, but still plenty that didn't happen (student loans). 

- no one said the third party automatically meant it was better. But a third party naturally breeds more competition, more collaboration. Removing the current system where power is concentrated to just two groups only helps this country long term