THE BROWNS BOARD

The Brownies in Brazil(?)

AP1

Peter King is saying it could be the Browns playing the Eagles Week 1 in Brazil.

I've got mixed emotions. 

It's nice to be recognized for that Prime Time slot.

I don't want distractions and hoopla. I just want to win.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

They should invite the real Girl From Ipanema to toss the coin. She still lives there in Rio.

Now there’s a reference not everyone will get, haha. I’m a fan of the flick “Get Yourself a College Girl” so l know the song. Some great music acts in that flick. The Animals, Jimmy Smith and the Dave Clark 5. Mmm hmmm.

11 hours ago, syd said:

it's philly's home game they are taking away, so either way I guess it beat's playing in philly. Also if we do play on that friday night doe's that mean we do not have to play on a TNF game ?

That's kind of how I look at it... I wouldn't want the Browns to lose a home game, but since it was supposed to be in Philly, I'm fine with it. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

That's kind of how I look at it... I wouldn't want the Browns to lose a home game, but since it was supposed to be in Philly, I'm fine with it. 

Just a week or 2 ago, I put my jibberish in a thread about the need to play a game in Brazil saying 1 fan-base would get screwed.  I even brought up what if it was a game where Cleveland was supposed to host Baltimore or Pittsburgh.  Now I learn what teams are likely to be playing this; and it's on a Friday Night with a non-conference team losing one of their home games.  The waiting to exhale is over...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Now there’s a reference not everyone will get, haha. I’m a fan of the flick “Get Yourself a College Girl” so l know the song. Some great music acts in that flick. The Animals, Jimmy Smith and the Dave Clark 5. Mmm hmmm.

And the one who sung it, Astrud Gilberto, died last year. 

• Sad 1

I'm not sure if  I want them that far away from home.

Ireland, UK, Italy  maybe ....  keep your head into the  Game #1 and #2.

GO BROWNS !

On 2/29/2024 at 6:59 AM, Bob806 said:

Brazil doesn't excite me. Germany would be a blast, & I heard Tottenham is great.

well here is another possible clue. we do play the jags this year.

• Upvote 1

On 2/29/2024 at 3:59 PM, Bob806 said:

Brazil doesn't excite me. Germany would be a blast, & I heard Tottenham is great.

I think it'll be London this coming season, any of you chaps up for it if it happens. I'll pop down all weekend and show you round Londons finest boozers, I don't drink in shit holes and I have a vast experience of drinking all over that city through organising off season days out on the piss round there and hundreds of visits pissing it up around Leeds awsy matches. I must be one of the only Northern fans with more imagination than visiting the Dolphin, Mabels and Euston flyer. The English lads on here will know what I'm on about. Greetings from Munich, this is my 7th night away and I think my insides are pickled. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Yorkie, going tot dogs said:

I think it'll be London this coming season, any of you chaps up for it if it happens. I'll pop down all weekend and show you round Londons finest boozers, I don't drink in shit holes and I have a vast experience of drinking all over that city through organising off season days out on the piss round there and hundreds of visits pissing it up around Leeds awsy matches. I must be one of the only Northern fans with more imagination than visiting the Dolphin, Mabels and Euston flyer....The English lads on here will know what I'm on about.

.....Greetings from Munich, this is my 7th night away and I think my insides are pickled. .....

......  "Greetings from Munich, this is my 7th night away and I think my insides are pickled". .....

If that's 7 straight I don't think you want to be near any  bloodwork tests for awhile,  lol.   mjp.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, mjp28 said:

......  "Greetings from Munich, this is my 7th night away and I think my insides are pickled". .....

If that's 7 straight I don't think you want to be near any  bloodwork tests for awhile,  lol.   mjp.

It's this fizzy German beer, they're all like lagers, better than that Fosters rubbish that some of my mates drink. I can't wait to get on it before I come out then after a week of it I'm pining for a pint of Taylors Landlord or Exmoor Gold, the type of hand pulled real ale that I slurp at home with no fizz. Just 3 nights to go then fly back Monday if they aren't on strike. I can highly recommend Munich, lovely place.

1 hour ago, Yorkie, going tot dogs said:

It's this fizzy German beer, they're all like lagers, better than that Fosters rubbish that some of my mates drink. I can't wait to get on it before I come out then after a week of it I'm pining for a pint of Taylors Landlord or Exmoor Gold, the type of hand pulled real ale that I slurp at home with no fizz. Just 3 nights to go then fly back Monday if they aren't on strike. I can highly recommend Munich, lovely place.

I went to a Scottish bar in Cincinnati a few years ago and ran into Belhaven beer.

Pretty damn tasty. 

46 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I went to a Scottish bar in Cincinnati a few years ago and ran into Belhaven beer.

Pretty damn tasty. 

Very familiar with that one as it's sold all over Scotland and some times turns up in York as a guest ale. Will no doubt be sampling a few more when I go to Edinburgh in April.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yorkie, going tot dogs said:

Very familiar with that one as it's sold all over Scotland and some times turns up in York as a guest ale. Will no doubt be sampling a few more when I go to Edinburgh in April.

I can get this here too.  Sounds very good to me since I like high malt, low IPA.

Size 4-15 oz cans

28915157205022.pngScotland- Stout- 4.2% ABV. Fresh roasted aroma with a hint of coffee from roasted barley. The addition of Chocolate malt adds a dark chocolate complexity. Clean, low levels of bitterness allows the key roasted and chocolate flavors to come to the forefront of this Scottish Stout.

Belhaven Black

6 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I can get this here too.  Sounds very good to me since I like high malt, low IPA.

Size 4-15 oz cans

28915157205022.pngScotland- Stout- 4.2% ABV. Fresh roasted aroma with a hint of coffee from roasted barley. The addition of Chocolate malt adds a dark chocolate complexity. Clean, low levels of bitterness allows the key roasted and chocolate flavors to come to the forefront of this Scottish Stout.

Belhaven Black

PS-I really like Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout and from Mexico Modelo Negra

7 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Size 4-15 oz cans

Belhaven Black

Not tried that one, I don't mind a Guiness now and again.

7 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

PS-I really like Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout and from Mexico Modelo Negra

Sam Smiths is brewed in Tadcaster 10 miles from my house, not a bad town for a slurp or two with some nice pubs.

34 minutes ago, Yorkie, going tot dogs said:

Sam Smiths is brewed in Tadcaster 10 miles from my house, not a bad town for a slurp or two with some nice pubs.

heres some good beers man

image.png.16b50026eacdc9bf0f4cb975e26348

9 hours ago, Yorkie, going tot dogs said:

If I'd known it was that close I'd have paid a visit when we went to York a couple of years ago. I love that beer. I discovered the Mexican beer Modelo Negra on a driving trip from Texas through much of Mexico about 30 years back (think before drug cartels). Could not get it here until about a decade or so later. BTW the pyramids in Teotihuacan are well worth the visit.

site_0414_0001-750-750-20080528115316.jpg
Pyramid of the Sun © Sacred sites
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Size 4-15 oz cans

Belhaven Black

Looks like the type of beer I like to drink except for the 4.2% ABV thing.  If I'm gonna sport the Seymore Abs look beer gives me - I gotta that ABV higher.  Every once in a while when I really want to treat myself - I'll buy Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Stout with an ABV of 12 or Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Coffee Stout with an ABV of 14. They sell them as 4 packs for good reason. In fact, the small print says WARNING: Excessive consumption of this beverage could lead to your spouse getting the locks to your home changed on you the next time you have to leave your house. Just kidding.

If I want a low cal buzz - I'll slice and squeeze a section of a lime into a frosted mug and pour myself a Budweiser Light Platinum 6.0 ABV. This prolly makes me sound like a heavy indulger; but it actually cuts down on the how many needed in my weekend Happy Hours. Another reason I like to drink it is because Bud Light pisses off paranoid, nervous wrecks like Cal (who's pretending he's not reading this 😁).  

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Flugel said:

Another reason I like to drink it is because Bud Light pisses off paranoid, nervous wrecks like Cal (who's pretending he's not reading this 😁). 

Cal prefers cucumber juice while he gets a little alcohol rubdown.😁

• Haha 1