THE BROWNS BOARD

189 day's till The Browns kick★off the regular season.

syd

149 day's left.

Now this make's sense,  Especially if we do not need the money this year.

Mahomes had a $59M cap hit 4 weeks ago… CASH Watson: $46M Mahomes: $45.8M Jones: $36M Prescott: $34M Stafford: $31M The only story here is that Cleveland hasn’t touched that Watson cap hit (yet). They’re beginning to protect their future finances in the event that he doesn’t get another extension.

2 minutes ago, syd said:

148 day's. did anyone watch The Buckeye spring game ?

I was bouncing back and forth between the Guardians game and it.

Defense looked good, kind of a windy day, messed with the passing game at times. 

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

Defense looked good, kind of a windy day, messed with the passing game at times. 

it was cool seeing Chip Kelly. He is a good dude and wow he took a 4 million dollar pay cut to coach are offense, which  looked eh

21 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Hows The Tribe doing  ? The Reds are  up 5 -0 over the white sox

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

Day 146,  so what ever happened ?   Nothing I imagine.

Sinking of the Titanic
On this day in 1912, the British luxury passenger liner Titanic sank en route to New York City from Southampton, Hampshire, England, after striking an iceberg during its maiden voyage; some 1,500 people died.

A very bad day for some.

146 days left

#Browns signed exclusive rights free agent DE Sam Kamara. Team also waived G Drew Forbes with a failed physical designation.   Kamara has appeared in three games since first joining the Browns in 2022

Some notable April  DRAFT PICKS  including today's date coming up .... April 15.   (Same as your taxes ... unless you filed for an extension ... like me.  :) )

• 1999-04-17 NFL Draft: University of Kentucky quarterback Tim Couch first pick by Cleveland Browns
  • ★  2000-04-15 NFL Draft: Penn State defensive end Courtney Brown first pick by Cleveland Browns
  • 2017-04-27 NFL Draft: Texas A&M defensive end Myles Garrett first pick by Cleveland Browns

• mjp28 changed the title to 189 day's till The Browns kick★off the regular season.
  • mjp28 pinned this topic

OK in trying to get our days  left  right  or something like that.

About 144  days to go ....  how about this :

April 14 ...   Notable Birthdays: BUF OC Brian Daboll (46), PIT CB Joe Haden  (32), CLE QB Baker Mayfield  (26), CAR WR D.J. Moore  (24) & WAS DE Chase Young  (22)

A couple of BROWNS  there.   (And a former BUCKEYE ?)

Ok, not alot great  BROWNS  stuff so we will go with  "close"  ones.

April 13.  -- The Dolphins signed QB Bernie Kosar in 1994...... one of my all-time favorites  .....  and a Boardman kid,  Bernie.

■  It marked the first time the team wore an all-brown combination in team history. On April 14, 2015, the Cleveland Browns unveiled their new uniform combinations, consisting of the team's colors of orange, brown and white.

And finally,  and made a good movie  .....

On April 13, 1970, Apollo 13, four-fifths of the way to the moon, was crippled when a tank containing liquid oxygen burst.   ★ (The astronauts managed to return safely.) 

Maybe 142 time coming up,  no matter what it's still April 2024 with the  NFL DRAFT   coming up soon.   

Until then it's still April 2024 what's up in the BROWNS world ?

How about .....
Another April moment in  Cleveland BROWNS  and  NFL  history ....  

2018-04-26 NFL Draft: Oklahoma quarterback Baker Mayfield first pick by Cleveland Browns;  4 QBs  taken in top 10 selections for first time in history. <--▪︎   :)

1945-04-20  (tomorrow)  Cleveland Browns organization formed by Arthur "Mickey" McBride.   Now how about that.    :o

~ AND ~  In the  "also ran"  in  Cleveland  sports you can't totally forget the ol' GIPPER'S   long hard die hard area here of the  AAFL and other numbers in  Cleveland  Sports lore.   Maybe not in April  but hey,  why not.      How about these not to be forgotten .....  

Cleveland Browns beat the Miami Seahawks 44-0 before 60,135 at Cleveland's Municipal Stadium

1946-12-22 Cleveland Browns beat NY Yankees 14-9 in AAFC championship game.   Yankees ???   :o

1947-12-14 Cleveland Browns beat NY Yankees 14-3 in AAFC championship game

1948-12-19 Cleveland Browns beats Buffalo Bills 49-7 in AAFC championship game

1949-12-09 NFL merges with AAFC; Cleveland Browns, San Francisco 49ers & Baltimore Colts join league intact, other teams in New York and Los Angeles are merged with existing units

1949-12-11 Cleveland Browns beat SF '49ers 21-7 in final AAFC championship game

1950-09-16 Cleveland Browns (formerly AAFC) play 1st NFL game, beat Philadelphia 35-10)

1950-10-01 New York Giants beat Cleveland Browns, 6-0 at Cleveland Stadium; sets Browns club record for fewest points scored by both teams; Browns go on to win NFL Championship

1950-10-08 Cleveland Browns play Pittsburgh for 1st time, beat Steelers 30-17.  :lol:.    ■

2 hours ago, syd said:

139 day's and next year I believe I will  start at double digit's.

Good idea, maybe jump this year to  99  and hit the  "GO"  button.  All of the uniform and field numbers and more would be in play.   Eh ?

GO for it.

• mjp28 unpinned this topic
21 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Good idea, maybe jump this year to  99  and hit the  "GO"  button.  All of the uniform and field numbers and more would be in play.   Eh ?

GO for it.

Na i made my bed, now i will have to lay in it. 138 day's  to go and will be damn close to double digits.