THE BROWNS BOARD

Not One Second

2 hours ago, Bob806 said:

I'm watching now. 

Opens a SOTU begging for money for Ukraine. What?

The State of the Union is now another campaign speech? Finger pointing.

Roe vs Wade. Sorry folks, I've had enough of this (for 50+ years). Yeah, let's run on social issues....

We're in trouble if this guy gets re elected. 

state of the union has been a campaign speech, in recent times

You've maybe had enough of roe v Wade, but the women that are affected and losing their rights very much do care

14 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

state of the union has been a campaign speech, in recent times....True

You've maybe had enough of roe v Wade, but the women that are affected and losing their rights very much do care

I do understand that many are upset about Roe vs Wade. I don't think government should meddle in choices.

I'm probably insensitive in saying this (writing), but social issues aren't high on my priorities for our nation. I'm more of a "Maslow Hierarchy of Needs" voter. Give me safety, security, wages, shelter. 

I suppose one could argue that abortion falls under the "safety" aspect. But then again, it's a choice. 

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

It's adorable you think that wall did anything 

It's annoying you are so belligerently stupid that you swim in Egypt.

47 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

I do understand that many are upset about Roe vs Wade. I don't think government should meddle in choices.

I'm probably insensitive in saying this (writing), but social issues aren't high on my priorities for our nation. I'm more of a "Maslow Hierarchy of Needs" voter. Give me safety, security, wages, shelter. 

I suppose one could argue that abortion falls under the "safety" aspect. But then again, it's a choice. 

ah, you are old school too? "Maslow Hierarchy of Needs" I remember that pretty well. I just forget the order they were listed. Been a long time since college, lol.

The biggest problem with Roe vs Wade, is that it was a bad law nationally. It had no business being a FEDERAL LAW, states' rights prevailed. It simply let the STATES decide, but the antagonistic liberal lie is that it outlawed abortion entirely.

gov should meddle in choices that are to protect our existence as a free society. Abortion within 15? weeks - but abortion any time? PBA ? letting BORN children just die of neglect? That is a sickening extreme. I also don't get the "woman's right to choose" when the father is completely left out of the equation.

It's a complicated issue, it has to be dealt with, but as everything, the dems/leftists lie, exagerate everything for political power accumulation. It's stupid.

1 hour ago, Bob806 said:

What Roe vs Wade did was to establish that abortion was not protected by the Constitution.

If you're referring to state governments then OK I understand your position even though I don't completely agree with it.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, FY56 said:

What Roe vs Wade did was to establish that abortion was not protected by the Constitution.

If you're referring to state governments then OK I understand your position even though I don't completely agree with it.

You took away a right that women have had for almost 50 years. There has and will be more blow back from screwing over half the population. 

21 hours ago, cccjwh said:

You mean other than this thread to crying about it?

So what did you learn from your diaper wearing leader?

Share with us and I'll let Axe know what he missed out on.

1 hour ago, Bob806 said:

I'm mean this with as much respect as possible, but do you think that you place a lower importance on social issues because of your place within society? Meaning, given your characteristics, preferences, genetics, etc, there aren't really any social issues greatly affecting you?

You aren't a woman one hundred years ago trying to get the right to vote, for example. 

1 minute ago, cccjwh said:

You took away a right that women have had for almost 50 years. There has and will be more blow back from screwing over half the population. 

There was never the right to an abortion in the Constitution. If you believe that then show me where it was taken out.

Just now, FY56 said:

There was never the right to an abortion in the Constitution. If you believe that then show me where it was taken out.

Doesn't matter. You took away a right women had for almost 50 years. You reap what you sow. 

7 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

Doesn't matter. You took away a right women had for almost 50 years. You reap what you sow. 

Yes it does matter,. That was never a right you idiot.

Show me the wording. And you idiots wonder why we call you idiots.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

What's wrong with you? You either want to murder or diddle kids...God forgive you.

17 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

I'm mean this with as much respect as possible, but do you think that you place a lower importance on social issues because of your place within society? Meaning, given your characteristics, preferences, genetics, etc, there aren't really any social issues greatly affecting you?

You aren't a woman one hundred years ago trying to get the right to vote, for example. 

Or a woman/girl trying to compete in your own field for a scholarship or prizes? I see you too are hiding behind women when it comes to abortion, but the hell with them when it comes to men going or being in places they have no business.

20 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Also pinhead, there's no space here for race baiters. Everyone under any characteristic, preference or genetic has it rough or has it made and inbetween. Dumbass cult

20 minutes ago, FY56 said:

Yes it does matter,. That was never a right you idiot.

Show me the wording. And you idiots wonder why we call you idiots.

It does not matter. If they gave you a technically on why you can't have your guns anymore, would that technically matter to you? You took away a right from half the population. You think the women forced to go out of state or buy pills off the black-market care about your opinion of the Constitution? They will probably be voting against your party for the rest of their lives. 

1 minute ago, Axe said:

Nobody's rights were taken away.. The matter is simply back in individual states hand's were it always should have been.

Right. The women in red state didn't have their rights taken away. You know because they can travel to a state with more freedoms. 

3 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

It does not matter. If they gave you a technically on why you can't have your guns anymore, would that technically matter to you? You took away a right from half the population. You think the women forced to go out of state or buy pills off the black-market care about your opinion of the Constitution? They will probably be voting against your party for the rest of their lives. 

Just for the record, I fall in between all the arguments on abortion. I think you should have the option to abort, but it has to be by a certain time. What that time is I have no idea, but I'd like people to at least mostly come to agreement on that much.

As far as guns go, gov't actually does have a bunch of laws in place that goes against our 2nd amendment rights.

25 minutes ago, Jax said:

it's very sad, and tragic - like some kind of death cult. They are fine with it, unless it's one of them.

46 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

it's very sad, and tragic - like some kind of death cult. They are fine with it, unless it's one of them.

The best part is if you would flip everything around, if this was a democratic issue they would have polar opposite opinions, but since they 'think' it's a conservative issue..

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

It's possible, sure. 

The caveat is that the emphasis on social issues may impact us all in time. Some already have- I grew up in the city of Cleveland when Judge Battisti ruled on the desegregation case- the Cleveland schools, and to a degree the whole region were effected in a negative way. 

We all look at issues differently, that's fine. I just try to triage them, kind of simplify how they effect my family.

@calfoxwc, here is that Maslow chart.

Screenshot_20240307-081438.png

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jax said:

Or a woman/girl trying to compete in your own field for a scholarship or prizes? I see you too are hiding behind women when it comes to abortion, but the hell with them when it comes to men going or being in places they have no business.

Oh boy, did we just uncover some red pill origin story? Did we find Andrew Tate's biggest fan?

13 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

It's possible, sure. 

The caveat is that the emphasis on social issues may impact us all in time. Some already have- I grew up in the city of Cleveland when Judge Battisti ruled on the desegregation case- the Cleveland schools, and to a degree the whole region were effected in a negative way. 

We all look at issues differently, that's fine. I just try to triage them, kind of simplify how they effect my family.

@calfoxwc, here is that Maslow chart.

Screenshot_20240307-081438.png

I get where you're coming from. It's the difference between voting just based on what affects you vs what affects others. 

I may never be directly impacted by abortion, but I can try to empathize with those that can. 

As much as many here will hate to read this, I try to recognize that as a straight, white male in a pretty solid financial situation most "social issues" brought up aren't going to be to the direct benefit of me or my needs. Not that doesn't mean I shouldn't care or shouldn't vote to help others (if I feel it's right)

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1